SM OU Reuniclus Webs HO

In order to win games quickly on the suspect ladder I decided to build a hyperoffense team (which I don't usually play). Originally I was using a team with no webs, but I found that it wasn't working very well.

you can't have webs offense without a web setter. Smeargle was opted for over Shuckle because Shuckle has a bad match-up with many if not most leads.

Because I liked using them, I've carried Zapdos and Reuniclus over from the previous team. Zapdos's great stats and coverage made it a fun sweeper with Agility. Reuniclus helped (and helps) my matchup vs stall, which I find HO usually struggles with, by staying unaffected by status and recovering off moonblasts and seismic tosses while dishing out decent damage.

Mega Medicham was chosen to come in after something dies and finish off threatening or boosted mods with Fake Out and Bullet Punch. It was also chosen because it has a huge attack stat which I thought might be a useful trait against bulkier teams.

I originally had Terrakion and SubCoil Zygarde as additional sweepers on my team as more conventional setup sweepers, but I found SubCoil Zygarde to be more trouble than it's worth, I know it's a great mon but I kept finding it got few chances to set up coil and even fewer to set up substitute, especially since many people seem to have jumped on the same HO wagon. Terrakion had similar troubles. I also needed ways of dealing with Defog and Rapid Spin, so:

I ripped two pages out of the super famous webs offense team's book and ran Bisharp and Mimikyu to combat Defog and to spinblock while also doing other things.

Team Description

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Magic Coat​

Smeargle is my web setter, pretty standard set. Spore was chosen over Skill Swap because it's not very useful vs stall teams anyway and Mega Diancie doesn't seem to be a very common lead, while Spore can stop setup sweepers from destroying you.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 224 HP / 176 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost​

Zapdos is fun. 176 SpA allows me to OHKO Flynium Z Landorus-T while 104 Spe allows me to outspeed Jolly Base-70's if for some reason I can't get webs up, and the rest is invested into HP to take advantage of Zapdos's bulk. I think there was something Thunderbolt could hit that Discharge couldn't but I can't remember what.

I am considering running Life Orb and 112 SpA EVs instead, which would allow me to OHKO defensive Landorus-T and Mega Mawile.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
As I said in the teambuilding process, Reuniclus was chosen to fight stall teams. Life Orb gives you a big chunk of extra power (and doesn't decrease health thanks to Magic Guard) moreso than 252+ EVs. I could run SpA but I'm not sure what for. The speed investment allows me to outspeed uninvested Tyranitar after webs. I'm also unsure of whether Focus Blast would be the ideal coverage because some steel types such as Celesteela and Magearna as well as all psychic types still take neutral or resist it. Reuniclus can be surprisingly useful outside of stall teams by walling Leech Seed users and hitting fighting types hard.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch​

Designed to clean using priority. I live in fear of High Jump Kick missing or being blocked and I don't usually use Medicham as a wallbreaker anyway, so I'm considering Drain Punch. Adamant nature was chosen to hit harder: between double priority and webs I don't think Jolly will help much.

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance​

Standard Bisharp meant to punish Defog users. I don't think there's much else I can say.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
Again, a standard set - Mimikyu functions as a second cleaner and spinblocker. Life Orb was chosen because I already have a Z-Item user.

Mold Breaker Excadrill is scary, threatening to break Smeargle's sash with Rapid Spin and instakilling Mimikyu with Mold Breaker.

Marowak-Alola either walls or kills pretty much everything on my team and I don't know what to do about it.

Fake Out users threaten to break Smeargle's sash, not letting it do anything. I usually respond to this by switching, which is suboptimal; I'm considering King's Shield but not sure what over.

Half of my team use priority and Medicham is pretty reliant on it, so Tapu Lele is quite dangerous. It can also hit Medicham, Reuniclus and Bisharp hard with Moonblast, Shadow Ball and Focus Blast respectively.

Not sure what else.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- King's Shield
- Magic Coat

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 224 HP / 176 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Any suggested change, no matter how big or small, is appreciated.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)