Research (history...evolution?)

With the advent of WiFi and a new generation of Pokemon, does anyone else think it would be viable to chart the evolution of the metagame in the new generation as new movesets/pokemon become in vogue? I, for one, would be pretty interested in knowing how the competitive scene evolves through the duration of the D/P generation.

Anyone else? I suppose it'd go along the lines of common teams/trends and how they change.

EDIT: Oh, I suppose maybe the title of this thread may be a little confusing. If a mod could perhaps change it to something along the lines of "metagame trend history" or something, it would be appreciated.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure we do that in every generation, although not "formally." WiFi doesn't really have anything to do with it. A formal metagame analysis might be a nice idea though, I believe there was an attempt at one on Marble Palace back when Advance was starting, but since that site died it never really took off. Still, the players usually remember all the stages of the game, although this might help new players who weren't around for the entire generation.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Tenchi is right, Marble Palace had a periodic "metagame analysis" article posted. Maybe someone can do such for Smogon in the Contributions & Corrections forum at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)