Programming Replay/Log Usage Stat Calc

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Introducing: Replay Usage Calculator (or something)

In an attempt to learn Python better, as well as have an interesting project to work on, I made a rough usage calculator for PS logs/replays as well as PO logs. Currently it's pretty bare-bones, but I hope to improve this in the future with some extra stuff. For an idea how it looks, look here.

How to use:
In the top bar, add either of the following: A PS Replay url, a
Pastebin url with PS replay urls in it, or a thread on Smogon like this. (Pastebin urls doesn't support logs yet) From there just click Begin and it will go through every battle supplied to it and count the Pokemon used. Right now, it opens with a console window that log which replay it's going though, as well as the progress. So for now, look there for how much it's completed.

When done, it will print out the usage in a standardized format looking something like (refer to the picture listed above for specifics):
Code:
Rank | Pokemon              | Use | Use % | Win %
1    | Rhyperior            | 25  | 24%   | 60%
2    | Doublade             | 24  | 23%   | 58%
Easily copied and put into a different document somewhere for safekeeping.
I have no idea if anyone will actually be able to run this, but you can find it for download here:
Usage Calc (MediaFire) (Last update: June 2nd 2016)

Just unzip the folder and run Usage.exe, that should be all.

Still need to do:
1. Make sure the numbers are always correct
1.5 Get the percentages to always be right
2. Combine suspect tests and their regular tier Done
3. Split formes (Arceus, Primal, Genesect) for gen 5/6 ubers Done
4. Support for Pastebin log urls when supplying a Pastebin url
5. Proper UI
6. Allow combined usage across different metagames
Always. Fix bugs

Currently known issues:

- Imperfect logs will not count everything or be discarded entirely because some information it needs to count is missing. (This most likely can't be fixed)
- It still count the games without adding any Pokemon, so the usage percentages are off a bit.
- Logs in languages other than English break it entirely.
- The UI freeze up and is entirely unresponsive while it's counting (only somewhat now).

Feedback is welcome!

Last edited:
This looks pretty awesome, great to analyze opponents' strats and so on! I'll provide further feedback once i use it ^.^

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Updated it with some minor changes, including:

- Suspect tests are now counted to the standard tier
- Arceus and other Pokemon with formes are split to their own line (including Primals).
- It also currently output every replay/log it had to discard for any reason, if you want to follow up on those (I'm using this for debugging, but I figured it might be useful for others too)

Also, I did a test with the first week of usage from NUPL as benchmark (ORAS only) and the results match up perfectly, so I'm reasonably confident this count everything as it should. Do remember that feeding it partial logs or replays will ruin the statistics, because it can't do magic and guess what people used without mentions of them. :(

Results: [1] [2]

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey this is really cool! I would love to do these for OUPL but I can't run it on my computer because I don't have python, so if someone else can do this for oupl that would be cool!

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Hey this is really cool! I would love to do these for OUPL but I can't run it on my computer because I don't have python, so if someone else can do this for oupl that would be cool!
It still requires Python to run? I thought the dependencies included would be enough to run it.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I could do it for you, but I'd rather find a way people could run this on their own without needing Python installed.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Update time:

- It split up Pokemon with different formes (Arceus, Genesect, Gourgeist) much better now, and count them separately.
- UI looks a bit better, you can ignore the console entirely now; everything is shown directly to you.
- Progress and completion messages telling you if things went well or not.
- Listing of current replay/log it's processing in another box.
- I also made sure that the games it count for each tier is accurate and matches, so from this post onward I consider it accurate for completed replays (partial logs mess it up entirely though)

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Okay, I haven't updated this in a while it seems... ._.

Updates:
- It allows combining every replay into a non-determined tier
- Big oversight I made when counting now makes teampreview-less metagames accurate
- Several crash bugs fixed
- Bunch of background stuff no one will notice

Special thanks to Magnemite and TUO (don't know your Smogon name :( ) for notifying me of a ton of bugs and oversights I had.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)