Relativity. - A Little Cup RMT

Hey guys, it's Towelie with another RMT. During the Missy metagame, I was a consistent top player (peaked number 1 on ladder, was consistently in top 5), but once Missy was banned, I really couldn't find my groove I guess. I stopped playing Little Cup for a few months but I started to get back into it. This is definitely my most successful post-Missy team I've made. I only got to like... 15 on the ladder because I didn't really ladder hard enough with this team. (If I did, I could've easily gotten to number 1.) But It's taken down the #1 player on the ladder (Nails) multiple times. (Like at least a bajillion.) The basic premise around this team is to weaken walls with my core of Life Orb Gligar, Life Orb Carvanha, and Life Orb Houndour to eventually give one of them the opportunity to sweep. My supporting mon's help check threats that my core can't handle. This teams theme is on Emarosa's (one of my favorite bands) best album. So enjoy my RMT and try to make it better.​

Team Building

I wanted to make a new team and try and get back into LC. I saw Gligar, Houndour, and Munchlax were the three most used mons in May. Hey what do ya know. Carvanha fucks their shit up. Let's use it.

Hey what do ya know. Carvanhas frail as fuck. Let's use Wynaut to Encore weak/set-up moves.

I like priority. I like Fire-types. I like Substitute users. Ohey Houndour fits the bill. It also abuses Wynauts brokenness.

Life Orb Gligar has like... 2 counters and a bunch of scarfed checks that get beat by Wynaut. It also has OK synergy with Carvanha. Whoo let's use it!

I need rocks. I want a Gligar counter. I want a Croagunk counter. I want a Dratini counter. Bronzor works, let's use it.

I need a lead. Let's try Scarf Mankey.

Hey Mankey blows as a lead. Let's try Aipom. Ooh bonus. It does 100 % minimum to Lead Machop with Fake Out + Return.

Alrite now that I've gone over my amazing, in-depth team building process, I will now show you my ev's, movesets, and etc.

Aipom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 72 HP/196 Atk/236 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
- Return
- Shadow Claw

Why Aipom?

Aipom starts the match off with a quick Fake Out to give me momentum throughout the match. I run Aipom over Meowth because, while Meowth does have a stronger Fake Out and Bite, Aipom has better overall bulk, as well as a much stronger Return which is a much more consistent move than Fake Out (obviously) and having more power on it is one of the best draws to using Aipom. Aipom has decent bulk which allows it to come in the game later and fire off Fake Outs, unlike Meowth who is extremely frail. Shadow Claw is mainly for Gastly, because I outspeed non-Scarf versions, and KO them with it. Brick Break isn't to useful to be honest, so I'm debating putting either Ice Punch, Seed Bomb, or Fire Punch there, for Gligar, Water Types, and Bronzor respectively. Aipom is also one of my two 19 speed mon's which is great to have on my otherwise pretty slow team. This team is based on keeping offensive momentum and Aipom is a great asset in the lead position.

Ev's, Strategy, etc.

Max speed and attack, and the rest is put into HP for bulk. I don't really play Aipom as a suicide lead. If I know I'm going to get KOd, I often switch out because I really like having priority late game. It's just useful for revenging threats, so I like to keep Aipom around for awhile.

Bronzor @ Oran Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP/8 Atk/152 Def/60 SAtk/68 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Why Bronzor?

Bronzor is, hands down, the best mixed wall in Little Cup. It puts up the all-important Stealth Rocks, and counters a specific number of threats that my team, as well as most, have trouble with. Earthquake hits predicted Fire-types on the switch, along with not letting Aron set up (unless it's magnet rise. fuck magnet rise) Psychic is my strongest STAB move and helps take on Gastly. HP Ice is specifically for Dragons and Gligar. Sassy nature to help take hits better and provide best overall bulk.

Ev's, Strategy, etc.

The Evs are simple really. I Ev'd it to provide for maximum special bulkiness, as well as great physical bulk, while putting all of the extra Evs into my attacking stats. I usually try to conserve Bronzor late game just in case something like Scarf Bagon shows up.

Houndour (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 Atk/76 Spd/196 SAtk/36 SDef
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Why Houndour?

To be honest, Houndour has been a weak link which is unfortunate. Anyways, he has great synergy with Wynaut and completely abuses the fact that she Encores set up moves and allows for free subs. The main things I don't like about him as that 1. He's slow, and 2. His Crunch doesn't hit as hard as I would like it to. Anyways, Sucker Punch is for priority, which has great synergy with Sucker Punch. Crunch is my reliable STAB move while Fire Blast hits extremely hard. I want to use a Life Orb user here. Maybe Mixed Dratini, I'm not really sure yet so suggestions here are helpful.

Ev's, Strategy, etc.

Houndour is usually brought in early game on a predicted Fire-type attack, or on a Bronzor. From there I Sub up and basically hit shit hard with my dual STABs. I don't really need Hp Ground or whatever because two Crunches KO other Dour's which is very helpful. Attack and SpA are maxed with a +SpA Nature while the rest goes into Speed and Special Defense.

Gligar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 Atk/236 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge

Why Gligar?

Gligar is amazing in this metagame. The 4 attacks set is almost UNSTOPPABLE with the proper support. What does this set hate?

1. Faster Scarfers.
2. Aqua Jet/Ice Shard.
3. Bronzor.

What do these have in common? They get beat by Wynaut! I picked this set because it has sweeping potential without having to limit itself to 2 or 3 moves. I'm definitely debating running Quick Attack > Stone Edge because I honestly can't think of a time when I've used Stone Edge. So ya, basically Gligar comes in and tears shit up.

Evs, Strategy, etc.

Max Attack and Speed to hit as hard as possible. Max Speed + Jolly is necessary to tie with all the other 19 speeders out there. I almost NEVER bring Gligar in early game unless I'm positive it's on a predicted Earthquake. I usually wait till Houndour and Wynaut have weakened/revenge certain threats and I come out late game and tear shit up. That's all there is to it.

Wynaut (M) @ Oran Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP/132 Def/12 Spd/212 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Tickle

Why Wynaut?

Whynaut is simple. Come in on a Scarf mon, a weak mon, or a predicted support move. Encore up and react accordingly. Tickle is actually very useful against shit like Munchlax and any mon thats just out of somethings KO range. Wynaut is the MVP and if it can get Carvanha a free Sub, thats two mons automatically gone from the other guys team.

Ev's, Strategy, etc.

Evs are basically ripped straight out of the analysis and provide for optimum bulk. I usually get at least two kills with this beast in a game; there's not much to explain. Why not use Wynaut? (Heh crappy pun.)

Carvanha (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 196 Atk/36 Def/236 Spd/36 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute

Why Carvanha?

Carvanha is the basis of the team. Once this things gets a Sub up, shit is gonna die. The combination of Carvanha, Gligar, and Houndour actually has decent type-synergy. Aqua Jet is for priority and 2hkos stuff like Gligar. Crunch is my primary STAB move which hits like a truck. Zen Headbutt is mainly for Croagunk, Manky, and Machop who are assholes to this set. This thing draws in Scarf Electric types which Gligar and Wynaut love, while drawing random Scarfed Grass-type attacks that Houndour loves. This also gives me a secondary check to Gligar who's a bitch to any team really.

Evs, Strategy, etc.

Vanha is Ev'd so it has max attack. The rest goes in Speed because Carvanha isn't all that slow. Leftover goes in Def and SpDef because I don't wanna fuck with my 19 HP. Carvanha usually comes in as soon as I get the opportunity to get up a sub. I also bring it in to revenge Gligar or at least scare it out. Vanha is a beast and everyone should use it :D

So ya that's my RMT. Rate it.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi man gonna give you small changes, look for roost over aqua tail on Gligar possibly. I see it being an integral defensive pivot for your squad for switching in shit like scarf fighters -- both bypass Wynaut via U-turn or DynamicPunch confusion. It has the speed to threaten your team so yea put roost to heal off those hits. Try out u-turn over shadow claw on Mankey to scout stuff, let's be honest, most Gastly are scarf and duskull will induce you with wow. You have dour to switch in Duskull and Bronzor to check stuff like Gastly.

As for other options aim for stuff that limits a simple mantyke sweep. At the moment it steamrolls your team after a boost considering wynaut takes most the beatings. Hp electric over sub maims Mantyke and prevents it from setting up easily. Losing the sub is not exactly a big deal since most switch ins are water-types and they get hurt by crunch. no biggie. overall gl, couldn't find any major flaws! 4 stars

thanks for the rate franky. obviously you meant u turn > shadow claw on aipom not mankey so ya, that sounds like a good idea. as for hp electric on dour, crunch + sucker punch kos if its not oran i believe and if it is i can play around it with a combo of bronzor + and priority. i may drop sub for like hp ground or some shit but thanks for the rate!

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
There's roughly zero use for Crunch on Houndour - have you considered HP Ground or Dark Pulse? The former lets you hit stuff like other Dour, while the latter at least hits from the special side.

Crunch is mainly to hit Munchlax, but they always have 4 attacks so i dont even know why i use it... ill definitely test hp ground because ive been contemplating using it. thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)