move 3: Tera Blast
move 4: Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Transistor
nature: Modest
tera type: Ice
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Sporting a great ability while outspeeding the entire unboosted metagame, Substitute Regieleki is an extremely potent late-game cleaner after it terastallizes.

* **Substitute**:

Tera Types
========

* **Tera Dependency - High**: Before terastalizing, Regieleki's poor movepool leaves it walled by Ground-types.

* **Ice**: By Terastallizing into an Ice-type, Regieleki gains crucial coverage for the Ground-types that would otherwise wall it.

[SET]
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Tera Blast
move 3: Volt Switch
move 4: Extreme Speed / Explosion / Hyper Beam
item: Life Orb / Focus Sash / Choice Specs
nature: Modest / Timid

[SET COMMENTS]

* Using Life Orb, Regieleki becomes an extremely good wallbreaking force after it has terastallized.

* **Extreme Speed**: Allowing Regieleki to move before common priority users, this helps to combat Regieleki's main form of counterplay.

* **Explosion**: While not as common as Extreme Speed, Explosion is a great tool to severely damage foes right before Regieleki is about to faint.

* **Hyper Beam**: Hyper Beam is also a great tool for Regieleki to obliterate foes immediatly before fainting.

* **Item**:

Tera Types
========

* **Tera Dependency - High**:

* **Ice**:

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/aqua-jet.531302/
Quality checked by:

Grammar checked by:

Last edited:

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've finished it! I only wrote about the two Regieleki sets I've used ot success - Specs and Substitute. If there's more sets that are needed, please let me know and I'll give them a whirl!

I've finished it! I only wrote about the two Regieleki sets I've used ot success - Specs and Substitute. If there's more sets that are needed, please let me know and I'll give them a whirl!
Hi I was shot down for doing this cause I suck LOL. But I've used Regieleki for a long time, obviously mostly in gen 8, but some knowledge carries over maybe.

Um, Expert Belt is a cool item and one I've tried a bit here and there. Not on this though. I see how sash-sub wouldn't work(ran this on a niche case gen 8, neither here nor there though,) but perhaps some other item. The reason I say this is Regieleki has only 2 types of coverage w/ that set, and one of those types, the main one, only hits 2 other types SE. And you need tera to even deal ice damage, overall the places Expert Belt helps are few.

As for my experience, I truly believe that, even w/ the highest Spe in game, Regieleki can do a mean scarf. You outsepeed Scarf Pult, Sneasler Unburdened, the booster Energy stuff...and that would even allow you to skimp highly on Spe. At max scarf you basically get everybody, specifically up to SunScarf Valiant. Regieleki's sparse movepool still makes choice locking less harmful than say even Flutter who can do it, and the raw power means you may not often need Specs(I think.) Scarf is low usage, but it's 1.5% so, given this mon's usage, I've run weirder w/ sporadic success. I actually run T-Wave on it, scarfed, cause you can ruin the spe boosts on say a +3 Espathra/Volc. Actually speaking of which, since i's Leki, you may find occasion to slash T-Wave in on the specs set.

In the past I ran Scarf Leki for Scarf Caly-S, but I think this gen it's more relevant, not less. Those dang Spe freaks, I normally just run slow bulky but in this one case I get into the fast stuff. I hope this gives you something to consider and I'm not just being silly.

Uh. And the 1st set does not need 4 Atk, iirc 4 Def does more than 4 SpD, you help vs. like unboosted Palafin-H tera jet punch or w/e I think.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Um, Expert Belt is a cool item and one I've tried a bit here and there. Not on this though. I see how sash-sub wouldn't work(ran this on a niche case gen 8, neither here nor there though,) but perhaps some other item. The reason I say this is Regieleki has only 2 types of coverage w/ that set, and one of those types, the main one, only hits 2 other types SE. And you need tera to even deal ice damage, overall the places Expert Belt helps are few.
Expert Belt is relevant for something (I honestly forget what), but I've already changed it to Leftovers after reviewing the home statistics. The main reason I initially had Expert Belt because I was using it on a team where my lefties slot was already taken.

As for my experience, I truly believe that, even w/ the highest Spe in game, Regieleki can do a mean scarf
Short answer: it cannot
Long answer: Regieleki using Choice Scarf is not optimal. Sure, you outspeed Booster Energy Pokémon (as you say), but Regieleki's biggest issue is not speed, it is power. This is why if you check the usage statistics, you see items such as Life Orb and Choice Specs come in at 1 and 3, respectively. Furthermore, unless you let Espathra setup infront of you (in which case all I have to say is you didn't play well), Regieleki should deal with it handily, removing the need for a Choice Scarf.

I actually run T-Wave on it, scarfed, cause you can ruin the spe boosts on say a +3 Espathra/Volc.
To be very blunt this does not sound good, as you're running Thunder Wave on a Pokémon that in no way benefits from their opponents being paralyzed (other then fishing for full para ig?). Regieleki does not have the bulk to stomach many attacks from its foes, and as such it is much better used as an offensive threat then trying to cram utility on such a Pokémon. To further support my point, Thunder Wave doesn't even appear in the usage stats.

Uh. And the 1st set does not need 4 Atk, iirc 4 Def does more than 4 SpD, you help vs. like unboosted Palafin-H tera jet punch or w/e I think.
252+ Atk Choice Band Palafin-Hero Jet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Regieleki: 166-196 (107 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO Copied

It's OHKOing you anyway. 4 EVs -generally- doesn't matter, but as I said before, Regieleki is firstly an offensive Pokémon (with the exception of Screens sets, which I haven't used enough to feel comfortable writing about) meaning that 4 EVs would better serve to bolster its Attack and possibly sucure a better roll on something compared to its ability to tank moves, because realistically in this metagame full of heavy hitters it's not tanking much.

Expert Belt is relevant for something (I honestly forget what), but I've already changed it to Leftovers after reviewing the home statistics. The main reason I initially had Expert Belt because I was using it on a team where my lefties slot was already taken.

Short answer: it cannot
Long answer: Regieleki using Choice Scarf is not optimal. Sure, you outspeed Booster Energy Pokémon (as you say), but Regieleki's biggest issue is not speed, it is power. This is why if you check the usage statistics, you see items such as Life Orb and Choice Specs come in at 1 and 3, respectively. Furthermore, unless you let Espathra setup infront of you (in which case all I have to say is you didn't play well), Regieleki should deal with it handily, removing the need for a Choice Scarf.

To be very blunt this does not sound good, as you're running Thunder Wave on a Pokémon that in no way benefits from their opponents being paralyzed (other then fishing for full para ig?). Regieleki does not have the bulk to stomach many attacks from its foes, and as such it is much better used as an offensive threat then trying to cram utility on such a Pokémon. To further support my point, Thunder Wave doesn't even appear in the usage stats.

252+ Atk Choice Band Palafin-Hero Jet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Regieleki: 166-196 (107 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO Copied

It's OHKOing you anyway. 4 EVs -generally- doesn't matter, but as I said before, Regieleki is firstly an offensive Pokémon (with the exception of Screens sets, which I haven't used enough to feel comfortable writing about) meaning that 4 EVs would better serve to bolster its Attack and possibly sucure a better roll on something compared to its ability to tank moves, because realistically in this metagame full of heavy hitters it's not tanking much.
I mean cause the 1st set has no phys attack. um you're probably right. I'll keep trying, see if I get fed up but either way not here, fine. That's surprising-ish on t wave, but only ish.

Regieleki isn't the best to support the team with status, it's more for my scarf to get overly boosted things(or just +2 spe rather, 1 boost on switch, 1 before.) But you've established Scarf is odd a screens set is a thing though

Last edited:

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Another option on AoA could be Explosion. Catches stuff like AV thundy by hitting for big damage even if they tera to catch your own. Explosion is sitting at 15.8% usage on HOME right now and is commonly seen on screens support sets, but it has merit on AoA sets and I’ve seen it a few times. Probably not worth a slash in but I’d say a mention of it in the comments is warranted.

IMG_9649.jpeg

i suggest writing about what substitute is for LOL

I would re word the ice tera bullet in the AoA set as well. Something like
By Terastallizing into an Ice-type, Regieleki gains crucial coverage for the Ground-types that would otherwise wall it.
Not that what you said there isn’t true, it just sounds a bit weird in the context of an analysis with that wording.

after these changes are made I will be more than happy to approve this!

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Oh one more thing, while I do agree that regieleki is fairly simple and it’s moves are relatively self-explanatory, it might be worthwhile to just provide a couple sentences about why said moves are picked.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've used Regieleki quite a bit, so I'll give this a check! While Regieleki is simple in terms of execution, it can be... surprisingly weird in terms of move / item / EV choices!

Dual Screen

First off: I think a dual screens set is needed. It's technically not Regieleki's most common set right now (it's likely the All-Out Attacker), but Light Clay actually IS Regieleki's most common item according to home, so it's certainly not uncommon for Regieleki. If you aren't comfortable with writing that set, that's fine, someone else can, you don't need to do all the sets! But if you want to do it, let me know.

All-Out Attacker

I think this could use some more options. Here's what I'm thinking from using it.

[SET]
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Tera Blast
move 3: Volt Switch
move 4: Extreme Speed / Explosion / Hyper Beam
item: Life Orb / Focus Sash / Choice Specs

- While Regieleki isn't simple to wall per se, I'd argue wallbreaking actually is not its best selling point: it's that its very difficult to revenge kill without priority, since it outspeeds a huge amount of Choice Scarf mons!

- So the two extra slashes ins are basically just filler moves for Choice Specs: Explosion just lets you do some damage while sacking, Hyper Beam is Regieleki's most powerful move that you can use in emergencies before it goes down. I realize slashing in Choice Specs is gonna be weird, but it saves a lot of time for GP since Regieleki still uses a lot of the same moves on Specs! I personally prefer Magnet, but Specs has around 5% more usage or so, and I have to admit those Volt Switches hit HARD.

- I think the really big selling point for Extreme Speed is that it will outspeed almost every priority attack in the game, letting you pick off stuff like Chien-Pao that have had their Focus Sash activated. This is good in general, but the Chien-Pao part is especially important considering how Sucker Punch can KO Regieleki that don't invest in bulk!

- Speaking of that... yes this is the reason I added the Timid slash! I'm not joking, "bulky" Regieleki is a thing to survive priority moves, think how Flutter Mane and Chien-Pao have been known to do this for similar reasons. Butch Hardnight made this spread for me that I had a lot of success with earlier this month! The EVs are below:

84 HP / 172 Def / 164 SpA / 4 SpD / 84 Spe with Timid: This spread outspeeds Choice Scarf Garchomp, This spread almost always survives Adamant Life Orb Chien-Pao's Sucker Punch and Timid Flutter Mane's Moonblast (both are 15/16 chances of survival, a really common benchmark in BSS when you want a spread to do multiple things). It also always survives Adamant Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes.

- Finally, I think Magnet / Zap Plate should be mentioned. Only reason Im not suggesting it to be slashed in is because GP hasn't been liking sets with 4 item slash-ins. But it makes plenty of sense for both bulkier sets and if Life Orb needs to be on something else.

Sub Attacker

I got a modification for this set too! It's going to seem a bit crazy, but I think it matches the majority of Substitute Regieleki, and it differentiates the set from the offensive one beyond "Substitute + Leftovers"

[SET]
name: Substitute Attacker
move 1: Thunder Cage
move 2: Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
move 3: Tera Blast
move 4: Substitute
item: Leftovers
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

So the big change is Thunder Cage. I realize Thunder Cage's accuracy is going to seem like a real "nope" for how Regeielki usually is. However, this set's big selling point is that it really messes with a lot of bulky Assault Vest switch-ins to Regieleki, with Hisuian Goodra in particular being a big target. You can then use Substitute to wear them down as Thunder Cage does its thing, potentially blowing open some surprising holes you wouldn't expect Regieleki to do!

I slashed Timid in mainly for letting you outspeed Choice Scarf Garchomp, whose still relevant enough to at least give an alternate spread for. We could just reuse the bulky spread from the AOA set.

Let me know if you need any extra help!

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aqua Jet had some real life stuff come up, so I'll be taking over Regieleki in a different thread now! I'll reuse some of what you had though, so you'll still get some credit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)