QC: / /
GP: /

Overview
########

- Is a chunk of ice
- Has amazing 80/100/200 defenses
- Has a respectable base 100 Special Attack stat
- Access to BoltBeam and Rock Polish
- Counters most specially based Pokemon who don't have a super effective attack against it (i.e. samurott, mismagius)
- Mediocre ability
- Very slow, with only 50 Speed
- Weak to Stealth Rock
- No reliable recovery
- Threatened by common threats such as FireSpam
- Great defenses are offset by its crap defensive typing
- assault vest best item

Rock Polish
########
name: Rock Polish
move 1: Rock Polish
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Focus Blast
ability: Clear Body
item: Life Orb
evs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========

- Rock Polish bolsters Regice's Speed so it can sweep
- Ice Beam and Thunderbolt form BoltBeam, hitting everything for neutral damage being resisted by Lanturn, Rotom-F, Shedinja, and Lightning Rod Seaking
- Focus Blast hits Steel-types and Rotom-F, and generally provides better coverage

Set Details
========

- 32 HP EVs give a Life Orb number, so Regice loses 30 HP rather than 31
- 252 SpA EVs with a Modest nature maximize Regice's Special Attack, allowing it to hit hard
- 224 Speed EVs outspeed Jolly Swellow after a boost
- Life Orb maximizes Regice's damage output
- Clear Body because it's the only ability you can choose

Usage Tips
========

- Regice should set up late-game when all the opponent's Pokemon are weakened from hazards and wallbreakers as well as when Regice is not worn down in the case it set up earlier.
- Severely weakening, or outright getting rid of Special Walls and Regice's checks and counters in general is needed, as Regice will be stopped cold in the middle of a sweep otherwise
- Early-game, Regice can punch holes in the opponents team without setting up, so that it becomes easier to sweep after setting up

Team Options
========

- Entry hazard support from the likes of Ferroseed and Crustle can help wear down and soften the opponent, making it easier for Regice to sweep. Roselia can set up both versions of Spikes, and can take Fighting-type attacks
- Hazard removal support in the form of Rapid Spin is very helpful, as Regice is weak to Stealth Rock, and it can be easier to revenge kill and wear down Regice if its weakened enough, granted that Regice won't be OHKOing everything. Wartortle does this and has good synergy with Regice.
- Wallbreakers such as Specs Typhlosion and Electivire can weaken and soften up the opponent, so Regice can come and finish them off
- Clerics such as Lickilicky are good partners as burns, toxic, and paralysis will all screw over Regice

Other Options
########

- Choice Specs is an option for increased power, but you miss out on being able to switch between boltbeam, and you'll be switching a lot, which is bad considering Stealth Rock will wear you down
- Thunder Wave + Three Attacks is good for teams that need the utility and still would appreciate some damage
- Psych Up can mess with Calm Mind users, although it is somewhat of a gimmick
- Charge Beam can boost Regice's Special Attack
- ASSAULT VEST

Checks & Counters
########

**Special Walls**: Special Walls such as Audino all easily brush off Regice's attacks and can outlast it. Lickilicky and Audino both should be wary of Focus Blast, as it takes a decent chunk out of them. However, they both can PP stall Regice with Protect and regain Leftovers recovery.

**Fighting-types**: Hard-hitting Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr can easily power through Regice's Defense stat with their Fighting-type STAB. Hariyama and Throh in particular stand out as checks, as the former has Thick Fat to negate Regice's damage output from its main STAB, while the latter than take a hit, and phaze it with Circle Throw.

**Lanturn**: Lanturn is immune to Regice's BoltBeam coverage, and isn't threatened by a non-STAB Focus Blast.

**Status**: Status such as Toxic or burns can wear down Regice in conjunction with its Life Orb, making them an effective threat to Regice.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
tbh i would never use resttalk(just sounds underwhelming honestly) and av (no recovery, weak to entry hazards, and doesn't have good synergy with any Wish users in NU)

offensive set seems fine

anybody has experience with a offensive set without Rock Polish? with like Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast / Thunder Wave (or Psych Up, Protect, Toxic, or even RestoChesto). Regice has good sheer bulk and cool ice/electric/fighting coverage making it a nice tank, but as i stated above with doesnt synergize well with Wish users so it can be hard keeping it healthy :(

but ye just do the rock polish one for now

Yea AV is totally not worth it - it's weak to rocks, has no recovery and has a shitty typing that doesn't give it anything in the way of resistances.

I actually wanted to try Regice, so I'll think of something and will report back with my experiences.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I took RP Regice for a short spin and i felt it was pretty mediocre tbh. My problems were that it is really easy to wear down and I found myself not switching in Regice to take the special hits it's supposed to be able to take midgame just so i could take them while setting up late game.

Does anybody else know of a better Regice set, or am I just not using Regice correctly ?_?

@ below: nah I don't I was just wondering because my experience with Regice wasn't that good, although tbf it was around 10-15 games

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I took RP Regice for a short spin and i felt it was pretty mediocre tbh. My problems were that it is really easy to wear down and I found myself not switching in Regice to take the special hits it's supposed to be able to take midgame just so i could take them while setting up late game.

Does anybody else know of a better Regice set, or am I just not using Regice correctly ?_?
If you have a better Regice set to suggest feel free to, I have yet to use Regice this gen (I dont think any of us really have) so if you have a good one you've been playing around with, by all means suggest away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)