Red Sparowes 3/24 @ Troubadour Club w/Big Business, Saviours, William Eliot Whitmore

Well I had been waiting for this motherfucker for a minute. I was really happy that I was seeing Sparowes. I took a friend with me to this show, and we got there at about 6:30 so we just went around west hollywood/beverly hills looking for places to smoke some weed lmfao (seriously, I can honestly say I've smoked weed in Beverly Hills).

Anyway at around 8:45 we finally decide to go in the show. We missed William Eliot but that's ok. At around 9:30ish Saviours came on and put on a decent show. They're pretty much an old-school heavy metal band, and they pulled it off pretty nicely. I'm not familiar with their stuff but they did a great job either way.

Big Business came on at about 10:20 or something like that and they proceeded to kick ass. I saw this band with Pelican last time, and they were impressive, and last night was no different. Their sludgy sound came out really well. They played a few songs from their new album too, which was cool. I picked up their CD at the merch table later on. Good stuff mang.

Finally, Sparowes came on and they were incredible. The guitar tone was excellent, you could hear every single melody and riff being played. The drums and bass sounded great, the bass really clear in the mix. They played about 7 songs, and they stopped playing at around 12:45 or so. It was really great, the whole place was packed by the time these guys came on so it was a treat to see this.

Setlist (afaik. I was still stoned imo. And it didn't help that a bunch of people were smoking during Big Business either lol):

Buildings Began to Stretch Wide Across the Sky
Like the Howling Glory of the Darkest Winds
The Sixth Extinction Crept Up Slowly
The Great Leap Forward Poured Down on Us
Alone and Unaware, The Landscape Was Transformed
Millions Starved and Became Skinnier and Skinnier

I didn't catch the 7th song. It was between Sixth Extinction and Great Leap iirc. But it's ok, it sounded amazing to my ears. We left the venue and we were extremely pleased (and horny >__>). Good show will pay again etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)