Recyclables

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Approved By The Immortal imas and Eevee General

PicsArt_09-08-06.19.12.jpg

Placeholder Banner

Have you ever wished that you could spam Sky Attack? Wanted to effectively remove a weakness? Just really wanted to use Sitrus Berry a lot?

Well in Recyclables, all of those dreams come true and more!! Recyclables is a metagame where the effects of the move Recycle happen every turn for every Pokemon on the field!

Example: If Hawlucha is holding a Power Herb and uses Sky Attack, it comsumes the Power Herb. At the end of the turn, the item is automatically recycled and Hawlucha is holding a Power Herb again.

Buffs

• Knock Off - Knock Off gets a buff in that, based on how Recycle interacts with Knock Off in game, once an item is knocked off, it cant be recycled.

• Power Herb + Charge Up Moves: Charge up moves gain a significant buff in combination with Power Herb, making them completely spammable.

• Weakness Policy: Weakness Policy is a powerful item which basically means that, if you can survive a supereffective attack, you always get +2 to your offences. Dragonite is very happy.

• Berries: Sitrus Berry is now reliable recovery. Damage reducing berries effectively rid you of a weakness. Stat boosting berries are back with a vengence. Natural Gift can now be reliable coverage. And Custap Berry provides permanent priority!
Nerfs

• Unburden: This ability is useless, since it will be nullified the next turn.
Bans and Suspects

• Shedinja: Equipped with a focus sash it becomes almost unkillable via conventional means.
    • King's Rock / Razor Fang: Combined with Fling it makes battles extremely uncompetitive, relying on anti flinch abilities and outspeeding foes to succeed.
All other OU clauses and Bans are in place!

Last edited:
Power Herb gives Kyurem-B a spammable stab, which I'm sure it appreciates. Hopefully that won't result in a bad.
Talonflame can now run natural gift effectively; by bye counters.
Fling is now a semi-decent option- While most Dark Types get the superior Knock Off, some like tyranitar can get a lot of mileage of a flung dread plate.
Healing berries are decent options, although its worth noting that they only work when at low HP. Gluttony I geuss?
Lum berry is now the ultimate status counter- sure, it isn't as good as Magic Bounce, but rocks Garchomp can now switch in on Sableye rather than simply 1v1ing it.
Starf berry is a low HP moody, but without the drops. G-Luke , can you please ban that?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Starf Berry cant be compared to Moody for a couple of reasons.

1. It cant boost Accuracy or Evasion.

2. It cannot be activated unless at 25% max HP or lower.

3. It can be deactivated via Knock Off, Bug Bite / Pluck and Unnerve.

I'll wait on banning things untill the metagame fleshes out. Its literally less than an hour old.

When this gets coded,I'm going to run Guts Pluck Raticate to troll everyone.

You'll see, you'll all see....

But yeah, Pluck, Bug Bite (Hi Scizor), and Incinerate (Hi Heatran) can really mess you up, so that'll be fun

Carbink @ Berry Juice
Level: 5
Ability: Sturdy
Nature/EVs: who cares, just don't raise its maximum HP above 21
Magic Coat
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Substitute

Or if you're worried about Knock Off:
Gulpin @ Focus Sash
Level: 1
Ability: Sticky Hold
Pain Split
Infestation
Yawn
Destiny Bond

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Carbink @ Berry Juice
Magic Coat
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Substitute
Sub is bad and this has no way of attacking anything. Toxic/Sandstorm/Endure (for hazards)/Endeavour or Pain Split FEAR Aron or Pineco did receive a buff here though.

Snow Warning returns, damaging weather being a big source of damage. Also, everything that can run Knock off will. Oh, and multistrike mons to take out anyone who thinks FEAR will work here :)

Last edited:
Starf Berry cant be compared to Moody for a couple of reasons.

1. It cant boost Accuracy or Evasion.

2. It cannot be activated unless at 25% max HP or lower.

3. It can be deactivated via Knock Off, Bug Bite / Pluck and Unnerve.

I'll wait on banning things untill the metagame fleshes out. Its literally less than an hour old.
I apolgize: I thought it did without looking. Still, if you get there it looks very powerful, at least, as now protecting gives you a free +2 boost- and continues to do so as you sweep.
Sub is bad and this has no way of attacking anything. Toxic/Sandstorm/Endure (for hazards)/Endeavour or Pain Split FEAR Aron or Pineco did receive a buff here though.
Pineco is also the ultimate hazards setter, as it can just keep clicking spikes/stealth rock/whatever while retaining pseudo-invincibility and good damage with pain split.

So under 25%, Custap berry ALWAYS make you move turn 1? That's something. Slap it on Belly Drum Azumarill and you don't need aqua jet to sweep.

Also, Red Card and Eject button is gonna be SOOO troll-ey. Red Card with a bulky hazard setter basically requires you a really strong attack to stop it.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy/Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Roost/Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Well this looks like it can be used to hilarious effect. Weakness Policy + Roost can be used to get multiple free boosts with clever prediction, or Lum Berry can be used to completely baffle status users. It's like they took the best parts of the Weakness Policy and the Lum Berry sets and amplified them. Dragonite is truly something to look out for.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Encore

Best suicide lead? Best suicide lead. Shuckle is now pretty much immune to Taunt, unless it gets Knocked Off first. It's not really a huge buff but it definitely helps.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Now, Heatran can actually check a lot of Ground-types multiple times during a match. With unending balloons, you can switch it in on stuff like offensive Excadrill pretty scot-free.

Dedenne @ Starf Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Nuzzle

Bow to the power of Dedenne. If it sets up subs and gets down to Starf Berry range, it can just spam Sub over and over while accumulating boosts, and turning into an unkillable god. Nuzzle just makes it easier, too. Of course, it's still vulnerable to a lot of stuff, like Chansey, priority, Red Card, etc. And you don't always get the rolls you want, but honestly RNG is the only thing that makes the game of pokemon fun. And this seems viable, too.

Carbink @ Berry Juice
Magic Coat
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Substitute

Or if you're worried about Knock Off:
Gulpin @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sticky Hold
Pain Split
Infestation
Yawn
Destiny Bond
Talking about FEAR? Use this.

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Whatever EVs and Nature
- Endeavor
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Toxic/Knock Off/any filler

You understand?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Talking about FEAR? Use this.

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Whatever EVs and Nature
- Endeavor
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Toxic/Knock Off/any filler

You understand?
The only problem with that is when you get the kill, it will only recover 1 HP via seeds damage vs non-lefties opponents (assuming lefties recovers before seeds idr how that works) but otherwise you're left with 2hp so you just seed something and die after one kill, whereas aron and pineco work against anything without status.

Oh my god this was the exact metagame I was discussing with my friends a few weeks (months?) ago.
Great to know someone non-lazy actually made this! XD

The main difference in our vision of the meta is that Knock Off doesn't permanently remove items (which means it always gets the 1.5x damage buff), so the only way to mess with your opponent's items is Trick/Switcheroo or item stealing moves/abilities.
I just hated it when a single move breaks the fun in the meta.

Part of our discussion was about Rest.
Infinite ChestoRest might be a too-poweful tool for stall.

You forgot to mention in the OP about White Herb making some moves spammable.
Draco Meteor, Overheat, Leaf Storm, Superpower, etc.

Air Balloon is pseudo-Levitate.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Chesnaught @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch

Sitrus Berry is now to be used over leftovers, unless I'm missing something horrible. I chose Chesnaught for it's access to Spiky Shield and Leech Seed for more recovery and stalling, but you could slap a Sitrus (or Lum) on any defensive mon and call it a day.

EDIT: Never mind, as Chopin Alkaninoff pointed out use Lum w/ Rest instead. Unless you don't want to use turns to heal I guess? But Lum seems 1000x better.

Last edited:
So under 25%, Custap berry ALWAYS make you move turn 1? That's something. Slap it on Belly Drum Azumarill and you don't need aqua jet to sweep.
A set like this might work:
Azumarill @ Custap Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely / Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off / Endure
- Belly Drum

Minimum defenses to get into Custap Berry range more easily, but Endure is still an option.

Speaking of Azumarill:
Come here Ferro (Azumarill) @ Watmel Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Natural Gift

Also applies to Skarmory, but you get the idea.

More Natural Gift madness:
F U Heatran (Talonflame) @ Apicot Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz / Roost
- Natural Gift
- Swords Dance / Roost

Among other options: Liechi NG takes care of Rotom-W, Ganlon can also be used against Tank Chomp and Rocky Lando-T. (NG is a ranged move)

There can be only one (Breloom) @ Lansat Berry
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Natural Gift

Removes opposing Grass-types from the field. If you're lucky, you can even get a crit boost and destroy everything in your path.

Thunder Wave me (Gyarados) @ Cheri Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift
- Dragon Dance

Para immunity + Skarmory / Ferrothorn lure in one item.

I think Lum berry is the best item in this meta. It makes you immune to status from your opponent AND make ANYTHING with Rest have an instant Full recovery. Just look at this.

Manaphy @ Lum berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Energy ball
- Tail Glow
- Rest

You remember Primsea Manaphy in Enchanted Items? This is pretty much the same, except without Rain boost. It's unkillable by status and can just set up in front of almost any Stallmon like nothing. And it's not just limited to Manaphy. There's these as well.

Dragonite @ Lum berry
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Rest
- Dragon dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake/Fire Punch

Rest + Multiscale make you instantly full, which halves damage from moves and Lum instantly wakes you up. Rest + Lum is a powerful tool that can be applied to ANYTHING. Because of it, I can see status is not gonna be a thing. So don't bother trying to Toxic or Will-o-wisp stalling mons, because that's not gonna work.

A set like this might work:
Azumarill @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely / Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off / Endure
- Belly Drum

Minimum defenses to get into Custap Berry range more easily, but Endure is still an option.
Check this out.

Snorlax @ Custap Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature
- Return
- Brick Break
- Crunch
- Belly Drum

This way, you don't need to remove any bulk. Gluttony makes you activate Custap berry after a Belly Drum. Because of this, you can comfortably invest in bulk and not worried about Belly Drum not going to activate Custap Berry.

This seems like a really interesting meta, some observations:

Outrage is much more viable, as with infinite Lum Berries you can cure it every time.
White Herb means you can spam Draco Meteors / Overheats without getting the drops
Kyurem-B now gets the reliable physical Ice STAB it always wanted, thanks to Power Herb Freeze Shock
Rest is far more effective now, as you have infinite Lum / Chesto Berries

Shame the gems aren't released, that would've made this meta better. Not that it won't be good already. Some sets:

Suicune @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar / Ice Beam

Not having to run Sleep Talk frees up a slot for either coverage or a phasing option to stop opponents boosting alongside you.

Latios @ White Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Thanks to White Herb you can spam Draco Meteors all day long.

Rotom-H @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave

Standard defensive set, now with reliable recovery. You know, as long as you don't get Knocked Off.

Put Red Card in everything.

Step 1: Set up hazards.
Step 2: Spam Roar or recovery moves.

Fancy.

Red Card cannot be knocked off because it activates before Knock Off executes its effect. Same with Focus Sash (if it activates).
But I honestly don't know if they can be recycled afterwards.

Last edited:
Cool looking meta game! In Nerfs might be worth adding Harvest as it's an entirely pointless ability...

This gives many things reliable recovery due to lum + Rest which is nice; Rotom and Ferrothorn for example who are normally beaten by continuous damage are hugely buffed.

Belly Drum sweepers with Sitrus Berries are cool too, as they become much harder to revenge kill; especially Azumarill

Recyclables, now playable on DragonHeaven! Thanks alot urkerab for help :) this would soon be playable on ROM!
EDIT: leppa berry+ recovery+heal pulse+ block=Endless Battle
No Escape @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Block
- Heal Pulse
- Magic Coat

Should a special endless battle clause for this om be implemented? How should it work?
Relevant replay: [replay]dragonheaven-recyclables-2712[/replay] (DragonHeaven is OPEN SOURCE, so if you want the code for this meta, check out its Github Repo!)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)