RBY Snorlax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snorlax
- Body Slam
- Blizzard
- Amnesia
- Rest / Self-Destruct

Snorlax's versatility gives it many roles. First off, Snorlax's bulkiness makes it an amazing Rest user and also gives it the opportunity to reset status. This Amnesia set is specifically used to catch opponents off-guard. It gives Snorlax the opportunity to setup to break down the first line of defense of your opponent's team. For example a +4 Snorlax can 2HKO an opposing Snorlax. Once set up, Snorlax is much less scared of special attackers such as Alakazam. Furthermore, Snorlax can take advantage of a paralyzed Chansey with Body Slam. All this being said, Blizzard runs out of PP quickly so Snorlax often needs to keep an eye out for that. This set is a pure breaker and should be looking for every opportunity to set up and deal a lot of damage.

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Amnesia+Blizzard is a Snorlax set that generally plays to surprise its usual checks so that's definitely the angle the paragraph should be taking - this set isn't gonna do much Tauros checking as it usually wants to spend its HP breaking down the first line of enemy defenses early on. It's superb against Reflect Snorlax given that +4 Blizzard 2HKOs it, and it doesn't actually get to set up in front of the special sweepers you mentioned, because they're quite likely to crit you and immediately force you into Rest or Self-Destruct. I would even say the term 'big 4' is outdated given that the 'fourth' has fallen below Starmie in usage. Generally speaking you're mixing in a lot of general notions that would apply to a normal Snorlax to the analysis of a Snorlax set that is very much abnormal.

Overall, all of that means that the paragraph is fairly inaccurate unfortunately. There are things you can keep if you wish (Blizzard PP and the sentence after, for instance) but I'd rewrite most of it by focusing on the core things that this set actually does. It's a dangerous early breaker that can really go to town on a team that allows its Chansey to be paralyzed, especially if they don't carry Reflect, given that this set already threatens other Snorlaxes once it finds a turn to Amnesia and doesn't have to fear special attackers switching into it nearly as much as other Snorlax sets. This set is a pure breaker; it's looking for free turns to try to punch holes in a healthy enemy team and not being much of a check to anything - very unlike your average Snorlax. That needs to be very clear in the description.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey, I know that life can be busy sometimes, but unfortunately we are going to reassign this spotlight. It really shouldn't take almost a month to finish one, especially considering that fact that they need to be scheduled ahead of time. I know you enjoy contributing to Smogon, but if you want to reserve something, make sure you're able to do it in a reasonable timeframe. I apologize for doing this, but we would rather want these done as fast as possible, so I'll be closing this.

I do wish you luck with your interviews, though (unless they already happened, in which case I hope you did well)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)