SS OU Rate my Team

Choice Scarf Jirachi Balance SS OU

My objetive with this team is build around Jirachi Scarf Set, cause i really like this mon and want to try this :)

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Fire Punch

The Ev's Spread is to hit as hard as possible, 240 jolly speed is sufficient to pass Hydreigon, cause i prefer to lose the speed tie with opposing Jirachi to slow U-Turn as well to hit hard Mew and Reuniclus, 16hp are the remain evs, Iron Head to hit hard fairieslike Clefable, Hatterene, Sylveon, Togekiss, Mimikyu and Grimmsnarl, as well Kyurem and Terraion. Trick is very useful against defensive mons like Toxapex, Hippowdon, Ferrothorn and Clefable. Fire Punch, to heal Steel types, of course Healing Wish could be useful, but i have Fire Punch cause i dont have Flamethrower in Hydreigon , and want to have at least 2 fire moves in case Rotom falls.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

The reason i choose Clefable is obvlious, one of the best Mons in the tier, I love this guy a lot since previous generations, i always used it in Stall builds. The evs spread is very standard, to deal with Hydreigon, Dragapult, Kyurem and other special treaths. Teleport to gain momentum, Wish to heal itself and teammates, protect to ensure you receive wish and scout, as well to lock scarf/band/sceps users.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

For my third choice, i wanted a physical wall, that provide me a Knock Off, for me is a great move, Spikes to pressure my opponent team, leech seed to heal + leftovers, body press to hit dark types like mandibuzz or Corviknight after roost, cause im full Def. Its a great mon, so much resistances, help me with water types, specially against Dracovish.

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

For the 4th slot my choice go to Hippowdon, i need a thing to deal with Conkeldurr and Terrakion, cause Ferro is weak, as well as i need a Stealth Rocker, a Volt Switch blocker and U-Turn punisher and Whirlwind to help with setup sweepers, and the sand is always good to reset rain or sun, cause it more slow than Pelliper. Earthquake is always useful to ohko SD Excadrill and hit Toxapex.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Now i have a Scarf Jirachi, and it attack for physical side, it gives me 2 immunities, psychic and ground. Its fast and hit hard for special side, So the reason i choose Hydreigon, and it has a good sinergy with Clefa. Nasty Plot + Life Orb really give immense power. Flash Cannon to hit fairies, Draco Meteor to do great holes, specially against Mandibuzz and other Dragons, and Dark Pulse, cause it a stab and have a nice chance to flinch, as well useful against Reuniclus. The Evs Speed it sufficient to outspeed Haxorus, Mimikyuand Kyurem, the remains 24 hp to bulk.

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot
- Pain Split

The last move slot go to Rotom, I want another Fire type, and it gives me another immunity to ground types as well a opportunity to use a electric type with a move like Discharge, to help me to parylising opponent mons, cause Jirachi is not the fastest scarfer in the tier and dont like T-Wave much. I have already teleport and u-turn to gain momentum so i give it Discharge over Volt Switch. Nastly Plot is very useful to help me pressure defensive buildings with powerful Overheat. The reason i have choose Pain Split is because i dont have a Defogger, and i want to spam stealth rock and Spikes, force the enemy to clean their hazards with opposing Defog, so i have a recover move on it with full hp, in case that i lose Heavy-Duty Boots.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope that someone will be able to improvise this team, because I'm new to teambuilding and I intend to get to know the tier OU in SS. in the case of the Evs left in Hydreigon and Jirachi, I always have doubts about whether it is better to put in HP or in one of the defenses, in order to get better into any move that resists. I hope you can help me. Sorry my English. Thanks :)

Yo nice team you got there. I have some changes I propose for your team, though. For example, Fighting-type moves power through your team.

Major Changes:

1588722566975.png
->
1588722670000.png

The first change I propose is to change Ferrothorn to Seismitoad. Seismitoad helps against the Dracovish and Excadrill matchup, and it also checks the three Fightings of the tier: Zeraora, Keldeo, and Terrakion.

Minor Changes:

1588723010718.png

The first minor change I propose is replacing Pain Split with Toxic. Toxic is a more viable option for Rotom-H, as it helps cripple its switch-ins, most notably, Dragons.

1588723134646.png

Next, I would prefer Choice Scarf over Life Orb, and the EV spread to be max SpA and Speed, as well a 4 EVs in Special Defense, the reason for this is to outspeed unboosted Dragapult. Then, I’d replace the last 2 moves with Thunder Wave and U-turn so that Hydreigon can pivot into its teammates.

Hope I helped!

https://pokepast.es/ae841889dbcc5617

Thanks gor the help, i really aprecciate it :) so we became with 2 scarfs? I personally like double scarf. And defog no needed? Thanks :)

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
Hi, I like your team, and Jirachi has always been a personal favorite of mine as well. Here are some changes I would suggest considering:

I understand your reasoning for running 240 Speed on Jirachi to outrun Scarfed Hydreigon and potentially get the slower U-turn against other Jirachi, but you also open yourself up to the possibility of being flinched down by an opposing Scarfed Jirachi using Iron Head. This isn't really a formal suggestion and I see benefits either way, but I wanted to suggest at least considering 252 Speed EVs on your Jirachi to help avoid getting haxed down by other Jirachi. I don't know if the 12 HP EVs improve any important rolls or anything though.

This is very minor, but you should always run 0 Attack IVs in your Pokemon that don't have physical attacks (to decrease damage you'd take from Foul Play and hitting yourself in confusion), and I also would recommend using 7 Speed IVs on Clefable to get the slowest possible Teleport against opposing Clefable while still outrunning Hippowdon with 4 Speed EVs.

I think you're actually fine using Ferrothorn on your team. Dracovish is annoying, but max physically defensive Ferrothorn can usually handle it well enough. Aside from Dracovish and Rotom-Heat, there isn't much that Seismitoad does better than Ferro and Hippo against. You're guaranteed to live 2 Choice Band Fishious Rends from full health, which allows you to switch in and Knock Off Dracovish. Once Dracovish loses its item, it's significantly weakened. It isn't able to OHKO Hydreigon with Fishious Rend without a Choice Band, so you don't even need to sac your Ferrothorn to force it out and you can always try to heal up your Pokemon later with Wish-Teleport Clefable. So, I think you're fine leaving your Ferrothorn as is. It's really nice to have Spikes and Ferro is overall a better defensive Pokemon than Seismitoad.

However, if you don't like having Ferrothorn as your answer to Dracovish, I would suggest using Toxapex. I don't think it really makes sense to run both Seismitoad and Hippowdon on the same team, especially if both are carrying Stealth Rocks. Toxapex is a nice answer to Dracovish because you can use Baneful Bunker to poison Dracovish if it stays in and tries to keep attacking. Even Choice Banded Dracovish shouldn't be able to beat max phys def Pex if it tries to muscle through, because Fishious Rend won't out-damage Black Sludge + Baneful Bunker + Recover. If Dracovish goes for Psychic Fangs expecting the switch to Pex, you can still Baneful Bunker and/or go to your Psychic resist in Hydreigon. Regenerator is also great for ensuring that Pex will have higher health next time it needs to switch back into Dracovish. Scald is pretty much mandatory on Pex to threaten burns but the last slot is more flexible. You could run Haze, but I don't think that there are a ton of setup sweepers that Pex can wall anyway (although Sub-Calm Mind Primarina is becoming more common and without a Pex with Haze, your team would be pretty weak to it). Toxic or Toxic Spikes are always nice on Pex too. T-Spikes would synergize with your Hippowdon Whirlwinding in stuff, although normal Spikes do the same thing as well and you wouldn't have to worry about Whirlwinding in a Poison type. Poison damage also helps your Scarfed Jirachi as it flinches down things. Here's the Pex set I'd recommend:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes/Toxic/Haze

So overall, the choice between Ferro and Pex is up to you. They're both great Pokemon and give you different resists. Body Press lets Ferro hit most things harder than Pex could. Spikes and T-Spikes are both good, but I think that Spikes would probably be better for your Jirachi and Hydreigon to clean up. However, Pex has an easier time dealing with Dracovish and Regenerator is always great to have. So yeah, I can see either Ferro or Pex working, but I think Ferro might be slightly better for your team. Ultimately, it's your preference.

This doesn't matter, but to my knowledge, there is never any reason to run 0 Special Attack IVs. It's not like it hurts you to do so, but I just thought I would mention it.

Unless the extra 20 HP EVs improve some important rolls that I'm not aware of, I think that you should run 252 Speed EVs on Hydreigon to give you the possibility of speed-tying with other non-Scarfed Hydreigon. I think you're fine leaving Hydreigon with Nasty Plot because you already have good speed with Scarfed Jirachi and your defensive core is solid enough to usually switch around threats facing down Hydreigon. I like having Hydreigon as more of a breaker, especially with what I'm going to say about Rotom-Heat in a second, but that's just personal preference. Scarfed is obviously good too and if you like having two Scarfers, stick with it.

Finally, I think that you should have some form of hazards removal on your team. I was trying to think of a way to fit Excadrill in somewhere to give you Rapid Spin and also take advantage of Hippo's sand, but I think that you would probably need to replace Jirachi to do so (since Jirachi and Excadrill together is a little redundant), and you said that you wanted to build around Scarfed Jirachi. Rotom-Heat also gives you nice resists and is a great pivot that your team appreciates against things like Zeraora (Hippo needs to be at very high health if it's Grass Knot Zeraora and CC almost always 2HKOs Ferro with Life Orb). You could put in Corviknight over Rotom-Heat as your Defogger, but then you lose some of your offensive presence against things like Ferrothorn and become weaker against things like Zeraora and Fire types in general. If you try to use Mandibuzz for Defog, you also would become weaker to Zeraora and Fairy types. Therefore, I think you might be forced to run Defog on Rotom-Heat. Rotom-Heat doesn't really want to run Defog because it appreciates having Overheat, Discharge/Volt Switch, Nasty Plot, and Toxic, but you may need to fit it in. Overheat is necessary and you want an electric attack in either Discharge or Volt Switch, so you're looking at replacing either Nasty Plot or Toxic. Nasty Plot helps Rotom-Heat break better and makes it more threatening against defensive Pokemon like Clefable, and Toxic is to cripple switch-ins like Seismitoad and Kommo-o. I think that since I recommended leaving Nasty Plot on Hydreigon so that it can break, I would also suggest replacing Nasty Plot with Defog on Rotom-Heat. Without Toxic, you really have no way to consistently punish Seismitoad, which is probably the most common Rotom-Heat switch-in. I get why you like Discharge and your reasoning makes sense, but without Nasty Plot, I think that Volt Switch could offer more utility. Volt Switch is nice because it gives you a Volt-Turn combo with Jirachi and allows you to pivot out of threats like Clefable, which Rotom-Heat can't threaten as well without Nasty Plot, and into Jirachi to pressure Clef. Also, you can never have too many U-turns/Volt Switches/Teleports for momentum. The paralysis chance from Discharge is nice, especially to give you para-flinch opportunities with Jirachi, but the 30% paralysis chance isn't something you can necessarily rely on either. Here's the Rotom-Heat set I suggest trying:
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Toxic

The 128 Speed EVs allow Rotom-Heat to outrun Adamant Bisharp and along with the Defense EVs, you won't be OHKOed by a +2 Sucker Punch. I also like having the physically defensive bulk on Rotom-Heat to allow for it to switch in better against things like Zeraora and Conkeldurr (although nothing really switches into Conk well except for niche things like Galarian Weezing). I could also see running more SpDef on Rotom-Heat because Clefable is your only specially defensive Pokemon, but Clef does a pretty good job of checking most special attackers and Rotom's natural Special Defense bulk is pretty good anyway. If you're worried about being too weak to Special Attacks, you could try using a SpDef Hippo, especially since you already have a full phys def Ferrothorn, but I believe that physically defensive Hippo is usually preferred.

Anyway, here's the importable of the team that I suggest trying:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Fire Punch

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Toxic

These are just suggestions that I think could improve your team, but I may be overlooking some things. As always, just experiment and see what you like :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)