ORAS OU Rate My Team!

Hey guys, first time on the Smogon Forums here, and I'm wanting to step up my game in ORAS OU, so I was hoping you guys can rate my OU team!
1)Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast
Sceptile's my favourite pokemon, but I was well aware that he's not exactly viable, so I decided to run him as a form of pressure on opposing team, getting easy picks before dying horrendously to a Talonflame or something.Earthquake for type coverage, giga drain and dragon pulse for STAB.
2)Azelf @ Normal Gem
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Taunt
Azelf's pretty obvious, his high speed and access to Taunt makes him the perfect Anti-setup. Combined that with a Normal Gem and Explosion will give me a free suicide trade.
3)Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
Talonflame is Sceptile's type cover, U-turn for scouting and Roost for durability.Brave Bird and Gale Wings give him excellent STAB priority.
4)Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Brave Bird
Skarmory is my primary Mixed wall and anti-Fairy ( did I mention I hate Fairies? I hate fairies.) Iron Head and Brave Bird for STAB, Roost and Protect for stalling.
5)Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
Once the Fairies are out of the way, Dragonite here can setup and sweep with Outrage. If there any stragglers left, the Lum Berry will prevent confusion.
6)Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
Finally, Tyranitar is my Physical wall. While he has no reliable means of health regen, Sand Stream can whittle away at the opponent, and his high defence makes normally supereffective moves look like nothing.

So anyway, that was my OU team, I hope to have some suggestions on how to improve upon it! :)

This is a good setup, although I would suggest Spikes on skarmory, as Skarmory can be really good for doing so. Another suggestion might be to remove earthquake off sceptile. If you run him as Sp Atker, try another good Special move, like maybe a certain typing hidden power. You may even might not want to run sceptile, there are plenty of other grass types that can outtier it. I personally like Breloom, it is a devastating sweeper. One last thing: If Tyranitar is a Physical Attacker, try replacing Ice Beam with ice Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)