Monotype Rate my team!

As you can tell from above, this is a monotype team, but more specifically, a fairy type. I'll just go on and start the list, and I appreciate any input you guys have to offer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mawile (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature (Atk+/SpA-)
EVs: 128 HP / 80 Atk / 128 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Brick Break

I selected Mawile because it's a fairly good physical sweeper, with enough well-rounded stats to let it hold it's own. It's Steel/Fairy typing protects it from the weaknesses if Fairy, but opens it up to Steel weakness. I use it's Sucker Punch to counter strong psychic types, namely Victini, that eat through my team.

Gardevoir (F) @ Assualt Vest
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature (SpD+/Atk-)
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Draining Kiss

I chose Gardevoir as a good special sweeper, with enough speed to outspeed some common Pokemon. Moonblast for a good STAB, Draining Kiss for a little HP restore, and Focus Blast and Shadow Ball to add some variety.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Calm Nature (SpD+/Atk-)
EVs: 168 HP / 120 SpA/ 220 SpD
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash

Here's the plan for Togekiss. Paralyze as soon as you get on the field, giving you a chance to go first and a good chance for them to be unable to act. Next, spam Air Slash until the world's end. Serene Grace gives it a 60% chance to flinch. Heal Bell and Roost to restore health and status when needed.

Azumarill (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature (Atk+/SpA-)
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 128 SpD
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Belly Drum on first move. Sitrus Berry restores to 75%. Attack from Belly Drum goes to 4x, but Huge Power bumps it to 6x. Knock Off deals well with psychics, and removes items. Play Rough is a good STAB fairy move, while Aqua Jet is an alright STAB, meant for priority.

Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature (Def+/Atk-)
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 SpD
- Protect
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

To be honest, I love this strategy. Start off with a Leech Seed, and just sap from Leftovers and Leech Seed. Protect every other turn, Giga Drain if needed. Encore to trap them in a useless move.

Diancie (Genderless) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body (Magic Bounce after mega-evolving)
Modest Nature (SpA+/Atk-)
EVs: 208 HP / 152 Def / 128 SpA / 20 SpD
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

Pretty much a second Gardevoir with different typing and stats. Getting that small chance of a boost from Ancient Power makes it great for finishing off weak Pokémon. Rock Polish can get you a good speed boost, which really helps Diancie.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, I appreciate any input you guys have, and this is my first RMT thread, so sorry if it's a little wonky.

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There are a couple sub optimal sets on this team and I'll try to fix it without changing the team way too much
  • I'm going to assume you want Mawile which is cool but the only niche Mawile has it on Fiary teams is as a Stealth Rocker that can take hits from physical attackers because of intimidate. Stealth Rocks help your team pressure flying, fire, and bug types and it also forces Defogs and Rapid Spins. The filler moves depend on what you want covered but Sucker punch and Iron Head are musts. Filler moves consist of Fire Fang and Play Rough.
  • Assault Vest Gardevoir doesn't help a fairy team at all at checking Poison types. Choice Scarf Gardevoir> Assault Vest this allows you to outspeed and check Posion types such Gengar, Nidoking, and Mega Venusaur as well. This Leads to my second major change Trace>Synchronize Trace With Trace Gardevoir can check Speed Boost Pokemon by tracing speed boost as well as Swift Swim and Sand Rush users such as Kingdra and Excadrill. 2 minor moves Changes would be Psyshock>Shadow Ball and Healing Wish>Draining Kiss Psyshock allows you to check Posion types with Gardevoir as well as have a way to hit Special Wall on their weaker defense. I'm also going to recommend a standard 252 Spa / 252 Spe / 4 Def with a Timid Nature to be as fast as possible which is very important as a Scarfer which can allow you to outspeed set up sweepers like Mega Gyarados and Dragonite.
  • >
    With Healing Wish on Gardevoir the team has a Cleric and simply put Clefable is needed on every competieve Fairy team. So Calm Mind Thunder Wave Clefable > ParaFlinch Togekiss simply put Clefable is a better user of Thunder Wave and has reliable Recovery like Togekiss. But unlike Togekiss it doesn't mind status besides sleep and paralysis and it can potentially sweep teams with Calm Mind set. The spread that I'll put will allow you to switch into Life Orbed Latios Psyshock and preeced to either recover or Click Thunder Wave.
  • The current Azumarill spread serves no purpose so 252 Atk / 92 HP / 164 Spe > 124 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 128 SpD the spread allows you to outspeed uninvested Base 70's most notably Skarmory while also maximizing Azumarill's bulk
  • >
    Klefki is needed on almost every fairy team whether it is to check Scizor Slow down threat or even set up screens it is a staple on Fairy teams and a must. Dual Screens Klefki> Support Whimsicott simply put Klefki having the great defensive typing it has is hard to give up while also having access to Prankster like Whimsicott and good support moves such as Reflect Light Screen and Thunder Wave it's a given. Klefki also serves as a decent Scizor check since it punishes Scizor heavily if decides to Swords Dance with Foul Play. Reflect and Light screen also help Azumarill get of a Belly Drum with ease in an attempt to sweep. The spread I'm going to recommend is 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD in order to effectively check Scizor. The nature will also be Bold because Foul Play account's for your opponent's attack stat not your own. The item that is prefered is Light Clay so Reflect and Light Screen last for 8 Turns instead of 5 Turns.
  • The current Mega DIancie spread serves no purpose but I'll get into that later. My first suggestion is Protect>Rock Polish Protect ensures that Mega Dianice always is able to have it's base 110 Speed. Another Move suggestion Diamond Storm> Ancient Power this allows allows you utilize Mega Diancie's equally as good 160 Attack Stat and the 10% chance of getting a boost isn't worth using a weak Rock type STAB Move. Diamond Storm OHKos Zapdos one of most prominent Walls in Monotype Metagame. 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe > 208 HP / 152 Def / 128 SpA / 20 SpD with the current spread Mega Diancie's speed isn't being utilized which is one of the main reasons Mega Diancie is used. Naive > Modest a Naive nature allows Mega Diancie to outspeed base 108 threats such as Terakion and Keldeo and the ability to Speed Tie with Lati@s and Mega Gallade.
Alos as a sidenote there are mutiple way to fix this team but I went with the way that involed changing the least amount of Pokemon and have the team have Pokemon that fullfil similar roles as the orginal Pokemon on the team did
Hope I helped here are the sets
Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Fang

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)