rate my team

Hey guys, I've just created a vgc team, but I don't if it's good.

Thundurus item: Charti berry​
trait: Prankster
evs: 4 hp, 252 sp. atk, 252 spd
moves
Thunderbolt
Grass knot
Taunt
Protect​

Ah Thundurus, one of my favorite pokemon, he is used to counter both trick room and tailwind with the move taunt. He is paired metagross. With charti berry it will weaken some rock type attacks. I was going to try hidden power, but it's psychic and a power 0f 70. Is that good enough?

Metagross item: Occa berry
trait: Clear body
evs: 72 hp, 252 atk, 88 def, 76 sp. def, 20 spd
moves:
Bullet punch
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Protect​

Metagross is one my most powerful pokemon in my team. He is used eliminate some ice, steel,rock,electric, and fire types threats to my team. With his bullet punch, he will take down some opponents that has low hp and it is faster than my metagross. The occa berry will weaken the damage of fire type attacks.

Garchomp item: yache berry
trait: sand veil
evs: 4 hp, 252 atk, 252 spd
moves:
Dragon Claw
Rock silde
Protect
Earthquake​

Yache berry will weaken the damge of ice type attacks that might ohko my garchomp. Garchomp will eliminate some deep threats, such as Latios and Zapdos.

Braviary item:life orb
evs: 4 hp, 200 atk, 88 def, 108 sp. def, 108 spd
moves:
Brave bird
Tailwind
Rock slide
Protect​

Braviary is my tailwind user, just in case the opponent's pokemon are faster than mine. With life orb, he will do some extra damage plus sheer force (rock slide), it would be a solid attack.

I was going to put Latias and T-tar in my team, so they're not officially part of my team yet. I will put them up anyway.

Tyranitar item: focus sash
trait: sand stream
evs:152 hp,252 atk, 64 def, 40 sp. def
moves:
Rock slide
Earthquake
Crunch
Protect​

T-tar will be paired with Garchomp. With focus sash, he will survive any attack that might take him down with ohko, so as long as he is at full hp.

latias item: haban berry
trait:levitate
evs: 4 hp, 252 sp. atk,88 def, 100 sp. def, 64 spd
moves:
psychic
ice beam
dragon pulse
protect​

With haban berry, latias will survive both psychical and special dragon attacks. She will be my back up just in case my garchomp faints.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You may not like ttar, because of his double weakness but a focus sash can easily remedy that, hippowdon and garchomp both on the field means that if the opponent switches in an abomasnow or has an ice type move, youre definitely screwed. I'd definitely reccomend ttar over hippowdon and occa/steel gem on scizor. Also scizor should be running technician and bug bite over x scizzor. Swords Dance should be changed for acrobatics, or another attacking move, or even tailwind i fthat floats your boat. And lastly your EV spreads look more singles oriented than doubles. I'd reccomend looking over some of the VGC analyses on site and maybe some VGC articles while you're at it to help you understand the metagame better.

EDIT: and just a cosmetic note, those pictures are huge, scaling them down would be nice

I know the pictures are huge, I don't know how to change that, maybe I will put much smaller and different pictures.. I will try to change ev spreads. Although, I do like the focus sash t-tar idea, I will think that through. I prefer Latias instead of looking for another sycther.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)