ORAS OU Rate My team: Suicune is love Suicune is life

Usual lead is zapdos which can easily switch out with volt switch by taking advantage of it's bulk or OHKO ferrorthorn. my aim is to eliminate threats so either heracross or suicune can sweep. with clefable being brought in to counter boosting sweepers or walls.
Team Building: Based off of one of my older teams and started with Suicune as my status absorber, physical wall and boosted special sweeper. Next came Unaware clefable to deal with set up sweepers who happen to crit suicune and as a switch in for set up sweepers that suicune can't handle. Next came heracross as a fast physical late game sweeper to balance out the special oriented team. Then came zapdos for special coverage as my other two attackers only have one offensive move.

Anyway on to the team

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Current physical wall with semi-reliable recovery calm mind used to boost the power of scald and to raise the relatively lower spDef to provide a very good mixed wall, rest sleep talk combo to provide a cure for toxic and to recover HP as suicune is usually there to stay once it begins boosting, with sleep talk providing a opportunity to continue boosting and attacking while resting.
Scald provides a very good stab move dealing decent damage against most pokemon after a few calm mind boosts and the additional chance to burn to further cripple opposing physical attackers.
Is able to stall out other stall pokemon with pressure by reducing the amount of times they can use recovery moves. With threats eliminated suicune can also work as a set up sweeper as well and is my main win condition.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
Used to switch in on special sweepers such as volcarona setting up against them while they attempt to set up against it, this combined with people not poisoning or burning it because they expect magic guard gives it decent longevity. Clefable also functions as my lone hazzard setter and cleric with wish.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
replaced zapdos with mannetric for intimimidate to counter azumarill and conkeldurr while still keeping the coverage that zapdos provided but with speed instead of bulk

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed/rock slide
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
my main late game physical sweeper with neutral coverage against all pokemon and choice scarf to outspeed most of the unspeeded meta except mega alakazam, mega aerodactyl, accelgor and ninjask.
STAB close combat with heracross's very high attack stat and speed provide very good wall breaking ability. Knock off is run over mega horn due to better coverage. Earthquake is used to deal fire types such as heatran, mega charizard-X and to better hit threats such as mega metagross. Bullet seed or rock slide carried to either deal with bulky water and ground types or rockslide to hit flying types who try to switch in on it.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm

Heatran @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
decided to run bulky heatran as my new fairy killer and to wall talonflame, running assault vest to function as a unboosted special tank which my team lacks

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Low Kick
Lum berry is carried to ensure haxorous's sweeping ability by allowing it to set up with dragon dance without having to worry about paralyses or burn. mold breaker earthquake allows gengar and rotom to be hit super effectively, dragon claw is carried over outrage to prevent getting trapped in a move despite the lower power.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Hi there! Nice team you have here.

Softboiled > Wish on Clef as it is more reliable. 252 HP 172 Def 84 SpD Calm is better for overall bulk. Magic Guard > Unaware as it helps for setting up more, with it making you immune to Toxic, Hazards and Weather damage. Flamethrower > Stealth Rock as other Pokemon can use it better, while Flamethrower might let you kill some Grass types for Suicune to sweep.

Thunderbolt > Volt Switch on Zapdos as Volt Switch will not gain much momentum due to Zapdos's mediocre power, and weakness to SR.

Landorus-T > Heracross for better bulk with Intimidate, and stronger attack. It also helps more against opposing Mega Metagross. See Smogondex for set.

Sp Def Heatran > Metagross, to use SR, toxic and roar things.

DD Char-X > Haxorus, as it has more power, with also another strong STAB.

my idea was to try and make a team which is a bit different to the rest of the meta by adding in a few suuprises which is why i added in unaware clefable for set up sweepers. might use chaizard x though thanks

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
my idea was to try and make a team which is a bit different to the rest of the meta by adding in a few suuprises which is why i added in clefable for set up sweepers. might use chaizard x though thanks
Okay, it is your team. If you want to stick with Unaware Clef I would recomend perhaps T-Wave over Rocks to help beat clef/other team members beat set-up sweepers. Good luck either way with the team!

I am not really expert and I know teams shouldn't be changed much on here, but rather improved, but isn't Mega Gyarados a MUCH better option than Haxorus? Then you could replace Mega Manectric with something like Raikou, who can do act much the same as Manectric. Gyarados has access to intimidate, DDance and Mold Breaker all in one.

On Heatran I would suggest Magma Storm over Lava Plume, it can be really annoying because it traps Pokemons, so it can be an awesome revenge killer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)