Rate My Team [Sigilyph / Drapion core]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all, this is my first rate my team post and I believe that I have built a decent team for the RU tier. There has probably been a team similar to this that is out there, however I built this team using no references and any similarities between other team is completely coincidental. This team is very offensive, with only one real "wall" playing off resistances, and a Sigilyph and Drapion offensive core. :]

Sigilyph @ Life Orb

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

My first two mons came onto the team together, both I feel have great coverage over the entire tier and play off resistances well. The only stab move I am running on Sig is psychic as I enjoy having the extra power over psyshock and I personally feel that Airslash is useless as it only hits one mon, Verizion, harder in term of weakness's and its base power is low. Heat Wave is to hit incoming Bronzongs, Durants, and Escavaliers. Energy Ball hits Unaware Quagsires fearing the Cosmic Power and tanky Gastrodons while Dazzling Gleam is for incoming Dark types. Life Orb makes this thing hit like a truck and Magic Guard lets this thing switch in on rocks for free.

Drapion @ Black Sludge

Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Drapion is my second sweeper on this team, being stopped only by only bulky ground and steel types. The EVs are set to out speed max speed Medichams and Gallades and what little is left over is dumped into hp for more bulk with an Adamant nature to hit has hard as possible. Sub lets Drapion escape the many wisp-ers of NU, most notably Mega Banette. The attacking moves are just for STAB coverage and can easily take care of anything that Sigilyph can't.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Hitmonlee his my mon of choice to take out fat steel types and tank special attacks. With Hitmonlee's great SpD, its able to take Moonblasts from Armomatisse and Dark Pules' from Houndoom and Clawitzer aimed for Sig without a problem. I chose Jolly Nature because he isn't the fastest pokemon and Limber to counter Registeel t-wave. Mach Punch is necessary, being the only priority in the team and Rapid Spin to keep Camerupt healthy.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head

Cobalion is my defensive mon of choice with its great typing and natural bulk. He takes 2% from Knock Offs and can tank most any non-fighting or earthquake attack in the tier.
Example:
+2 252+ Atk Tyrantrum Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cobalion: 123-145 (31.8 - 37.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
8 Atk Cobalion Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 138-164 (45 - 53.5%) -- 37.5% chance to 2HKO

Being able to switch in on a +2 Adamant Outrage and like 2 more hits to kill with Iron head with a little prior damage. Iron head is my stab of choice as this team already has fighting STAB in Hitmonlee and it allows me to damage Aromatisse. Any fighting move are easily eaten up by Sig while Levitate from Rotom-M and Sig's Flying type dodge EQ's.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Trick / Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Mow was originally a Scarfed Flygon, but was switched for a water resist and counter, and because I already had Ground STAB with my Mega Camerupt and hazard removal with my Hitmonlee. Trick can be used in place of T-bolt to stop Wish stallers, however I like having the ability to do a speedy sweep with more power and not have to keep Volt Switching for damage. T-wave can also be used to stop fast mons from sweeping, like Unburden Hitmonlee.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

With rocks already on my Cobalion I not to carry them on my Camerupt, going for a highly offensive Mega. Camerupt is necessary to resist fire moves and for valuable ground STAB coverage. Fire Blast and Earth Power have great coverage on the RU tier, and HP Grass is used to hit Quagsires, Gastrodons, and other bulky water types trying to switch into this monster. Will-O is to help get residual damage on fat mons and to ensure physical sweepers can't touch you. The 12 speed EV's are to out creep the speed creepers, you may creep as much as you want, and to out speed Steelix before mega.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Hitmonlee (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

I hope you enjoy my team, its the first really solid team that I have made. If you have any questions or suggestions please post it I would love to see it. Thanks so much for reading! [currently playing under the laddering account katnississnorlax]

~banshee

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi Banshee nice team you've got there but I've some suggestions for you:
  • Give Hitmonlee a Life Orb along with an Adamant nature which allows it to deal more damage; in addition, give Hitmonlee Reckless as ability in order to increase High Jump Kick's power.
  • Give Cobalion a set with Substitute and Swords Dance in order to increase its offensive presence and the damage dealt. Substitute allows it to avoid status and it's very useful to ease the setup.
Cobalion @ Fist Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
  • Stealth Rock should be given to Camerupt over Hidden Power Grass, as you need an entry hazards setter now. In addition, you should give it an EVs spread with 248 HP / 184 SpA / 76 Spe.
That's all, I hope i was useful n_n

Hi Banshee nice team you've got there but I've some suggestions for you:
  • Give Hitmonlee a Life Orb along with an Adamant nature which allows it to deal more damage; in addition, give Hitmonlee Reckless as ability in order to increase High Jump Kick's power.
  • Give Cobalion a set with Substitute and Swords Dance in order to increase its offensive presence and the damage dealt. Substitute allows it to avoid status and it's very useful to ease the setup.
Cobalion @ Fist Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
  • Stealth Rock should be given to Camerupt over Hidden Power Grass, as you need an entry hazards setter now. In addition, you should give it an EVs spread with 248 HP / 184 SpA / 76 Spe.
That's all, I hope i was useful n_n

Personally I prefer Cobalion as a pivot and to tank most physical attacks but I'll give it a try :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)