ORAS Doubles OU Rate my doubles team (It's probably very bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I wanna show you my first doubles team, because I'm bad at teambuilding. You can replace everything, even pokemon (except umbreon), or just give me suggestions. Please help me. Oh, I build it and it's copied from showdown.

Sweggy (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Moonlight/Wish
- Protect
Special tank. Moonlight is annoying with crobat's sunny day. Does the wish heal another pokemon if you switch?

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak/nothing
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird/Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Covers umbreon's weaknesses

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Venoshock
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute?
Venoshock double power with umbreon's toxic.

Crobat (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Super Fang
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
Sunny day for umbreon and some attack/

Serperior (F) @ Big Root
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Contrary leaf storm OP.

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
I didn't knew who would be my 6th team member, (maybe Metagross?) so I get greninja

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi buddy, just a few things to touch upon first. When posting an RMT you need to have at least 3 lines of description per pokemon that explains their role on the team, explains EV's and what not, this lets us better understand what your team needs for when we rate it. Next off, as you said, this is your first team and, not trying to be mean, but it shows. I encourage you to take a look at the Doubles subforum, as well as the Doubles OU room on Pokemon Showdown, to learn more about the metagame and get familiar with how it works mechanically, the play-style, and other theory related to it. Right now this team is in need of a complete overhaul, and really a proper rate can't be given, as the set builds and even the Pokemon choices are all poor / outclassed choices in the Doubles metagame.

Here are some good resources to help you learn:
  • Sample teams: These are examples of good standard teams in the current metagame, and I suggest you try out a few of them to get a better understanding of teambuilding in doubles, as well as familiarize yourself with the metagame as a whole
  • Overview / Questions thread: Gives a decent overview of what distinguishes doubles from other metagames, and if you have any other questions there's always someone willing to give an answer
  • Viability rankings: Gives a general outline of the threats to be looking out for when teambuilding, as well as the effectiveness of Pokemon in regards to the current metagame. That's not to say the only Pokemon you should use are the ones on the rankings, I for one frequently use Pokemon that are low ranked or unlisted, but when building for threats, these are the ones to look out for

If you need any more information, just send me a PM, I'll be happy to help you out. Good luck, and it's great to see people getting into Doubles!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello arrrek5 , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)