ORAS NU Pure Destruction

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion

Hi guys and welcome to my first RMT!

This is a team I decided to make, and I've really enjoyed how well its been working over the past two weeks! It for sure has mistakes, and I'm hoping to cover them up by posting this RMT! I built this team around the Haunter-Shiftry core which has been eating teams alive for me lately

At first I was looking through the NU Cores Comp (thanks boltsandbombers ) and I saw a nice core posted by astroboy that I really liked on first sight. Haunter hits really hard with its dual stabs and high special attack. Shiftry is a really hard hitter atm who __also__ hits hard with stabs and has really nice offensive synergy with Haunter. I chose Swords Dance to boost its already huge attack stat to an insane level.

At this point I knew that obligatory rocks were obligatory. Another mon I've really loved lately is Torterra. After losing a really good battle to boltsandbombers I realized I had 0 rock resists (his relicanth did so much work, too bad I poisoned it D:). Anyways, its a rock resist that gives us rocks. Why not?

While building this team I realized I needed a fire resist. Omastar 4x resists and can beat most fire types in the tier bar hp grass Pyroar. Shell Smash is to punish these fire types and punch holes in the opposing team.

The 5th slot is always the hardest for me. I was really weak to knock off and the only mon that's completely immune to it is Mega Audino. I like offensive Dino as it allows me to beat a lot of things i couldn't before

The last mon. This team was fairly slow right now so I wanted to bring some speed to the table. Rotom has really nice synergy with Audino plus it hits fairly hard with its stabs, and has nice speed with choice scarf

THE TEAM

Haunter @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

Haunter is a really solid mon right now, hitting hard with its strong STABs. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave are standard, Pain Split is really nice as a situational move, and Hidden Power Ground is to lure Skuntank, which gives my team trouble. With all of its coverage moves and options, its really hard to play around. Plus Levitate gets rid of one of its weaknesses in ground :)

Will-o-Wisp was a possible move from Teddeh, it allows me to hit skuntank on the switch. Psychic is to hit Vileplume so its not that much of a nuisance.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

Shiftry is another powerful mon that has really nice offensive synergy with Haunter. They remove each others counters, Haunter removes stuff like Mega Audino, while Shiftry removes things like Lanturn and Rhydon (who can switch in once *maybe twice.) Swords Dance is to raise its Attack stat to MONSTROUS levels, and Sucker, Leaf Blade, and Knock Off are standard.

Defog is more of a convenience move that I can use to remove hazards when possible. Not a huge change

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

OR

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

I really wanted a rock resist since I played a Relicanth earlier and almost got 6-0'd and my obligatory rocks, and Torterra fit the bill perfectly. It sets up Stealth Rock with ease, hits fairly hard with Wood Hammer and Earthquake, and Synthesis is to restore its health after taking a beating.
Yet ANOTHER suggestion from Teddeh, this change is to make Sawk want to click Close Combat rather than Knock off. SR is standard obligatory rocks, Heavy Slam and EQ are standard STABs, SEdge is coverage.

Omastar @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

OR

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Omastar was my favorite pokemon back in Leaf Green. I always had it on my team whenever I could. Its a really formidable sweeper after one Shell Smash, and it gets it quite easily. Shell Smash is to raise its special attack to a huge level, Hydro Pump and Ice Beam are standard, Hidden Power Electric is to 2HKO Mantine which walls it otherwise.

Yet another suggestion from Teddeh :) Hariyama is here because my team lacks a solid fire AND ice check. Hariyama resists both with thick fat + AV, which is really nice for my team. Standard sets all around, CC for STAB, Knock Off and BP for coverage, and Fake Out for some really nice chip damage

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Fire Blast
Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 28 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Such a standard set, yet so effective. I really wanted a Knock Off and dark resist, and Audino is the only mon that does it at a high level. Wish is to pass to my Life Orb mons since they get worn down fairly quickly. Dazzling Gleam is for STAB and so it isn't completely passive, Fire Blast is coverage, and Calm Mind is standard.

A set from Teddeh, useful because I already have a specially defensive Hariyama. Dazzle is so it isn't passive, Wish is so I can heal my teammates that get worn down, and Protect is for scouting or keeping the Wish. Heal Bell is standard yellow magic remedy.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

My team was kinda slow, and Rotom is really good right now, so why not slap on a scarf Rotom? It has really nice synergy with Mega Audino, and hits suprisingly hard with its dual STABs. Volt Switch is to maintain or gain momentum, Shadow Ball and Tbolt are strong STAB, and Trick is to screw over stall or if I don't want my scarf anymore.

This thing is hard for ANY team to switch in to, but this one in particular. Usually managable.
This thing is at most annoying. It doesn't really do much to this team offensively, but is fairly annoying defensively
This thing is really hard to beat on my team, since torterra gets worn down fairly fast by spikes and stealth rocks

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

NU'er's :o
Raseri Really cool user, really chill and uses Watchog
boltsandbombers Helped me a lot with this team, really cool dude :)
Blaziken. Skyla is so cute :o
GyRro fav
TTFTW puts up with a lot of my shit >_<
Disjunction grats dude :o
Pokedots Working on the checks comp was fun n_n
lolbro lol, bro
Teddeh brits are my favorite
Aladyyn cool guy
Quite Quiet also cool guy
Montsegur Monty!!
Rapture. Thanks for the banner buddy!! :)
Shaneghoul clef clef
rozes roses
Confide. confide is a useless move
Punchshroom Together we will rank watchog.
Aurosis We haven't talked much but you're a really good battler :o
Silver Aurum Silvery!
NV it won't let me tag you D:
everyone else
tell me if i forgot you :o

RU'ers :o
thecrystalonix i love you
Kableye cable guy
Esidisi Really cool guy
tehy TEA squad
Arifeen <3

other peeps
Thisbemyalt cute user
DrReuniclus drdrdrdrdr
qsns lord confirmed
Senpai D.M I forgot u omg ur like the most chill person ik on here :o

Last edited:
Okay so I have a few suggestions for your team so that you could cope better with some easier threats.
Firstly, psychic > gleam on haunter and you've got yourself a reliable switch into vileplume which beats it reliably, whilst I also recommend using a move over pain split since you're really not bulky in the slightest, most of the time haunter will die to 1 hit, i suggest maybe something like taunt / will-o / d-bond since skuntank looks like it gives your team a really hard time.
Secondly, i think that carrying both shiftry, and torterra whilst not having a solid ice resist, it makes you extremely ice weak, to the point where i think that you need to change something along these lines.
You also seem extremely week to toxic spikes as they give your team a hard time :(
Lastly, you have no sawk switch in / fighting switch in, since audino is spdef and rotom / haunter get 1 shot'd by knock off since neither carry colbur, i'd be very hesitant to use it whilst pokemon like shiftry and omastar invite in fighting types, i suggest changing something along those lines too.

Overall my suggestions would be to change torterra to steelix to have a physical fat blob that can make sawk want to click cc moreso than knock off, changing omastar for a better suited fire resist that also resists rock like hariyama and then changing shiftry's set to defog to aid the t-spike / hazard weakness that might occcur as you lose a lot of momentum carrying mega-audino. Sets are as follows:

Steelix @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

and lastly i would suggest possibly changing audino to defensive now you have hariyama as a spdef wall, hence giving you a much better option for sawk too :)
Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

I know it's a lot of changes, but i think it will patch up your obvious weaknesses that may give your team trouble whilst continuing on using the shiftry + haunter core which you have been using and enjoying :) I hope this was of help to you and you use some of my suggestions :D

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
Thank you so much Teddeh !!! I have added your suggestions and are currently using them. It seems like a great change. Thanks once again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)