puppies itt

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok unfixable I finally have an OM article idea. I was thinking about something along the lines of "archetypes" in OMs. What I mean by this is discuss the appeal of move-based, type-based, stat-based, and ability-based OMs as well as "mechanic-based" variants of OMs (think Mix and Mega or Acid Rain). I don't feel completely confident enough to write this by myself, so if anyone wants to help me I am all for it. But it is just an idea :o

Ok unfixable I finally have an OM article idea. I was thinking about something along the lines of "archetypes" in OMs. What I mean by this is discuss the appeal of move-based, type-based, stat-based, and ability-based OMs as well as "mechanic-based" variants of OMs (think Mix and Mega or Acid Rain). I don't feel completely confident enough to write this by myself, so if anyone wants to help me I am all for it. But it is just an idea :o
Really love this idea. OMs to me, were always an extension of the pokemon experience where you could experience all the crazy theorymons you had in your mind. Everyone who has played mons has at one point wished a certain pokemon had an ability, move, stat spread or even a mega that it normally couldn't. OMs let you have all that and there's a big selection to choose from. Whether you want a meta where you want freedom of picking said moves/abilities/megas/stats or a meta where you get to experience something new (metas where changes are applied by the creators themselves), there's probably an om out there for you.

Not to mention the metas which explore different aspects of competitive play, like slowmons, voltturn mayhem, monsjustmons etc. All in all, this idea has a lot of potential and I'd love to see what you guys come up with!

Howdy! I'm on avid Triples player of all formats, Randbats, Smogon, and especially Battlespot. I want to make a general introduction article to Triples as a whole. To my knowledge, the most recent Triples-focused article on Smogon was posted in 5th gen. I want to gather strong Triples players and help make this article real. Triples always seems to be so intidimating at first, that I see a huge amount of people not even playing it once. I want to help expand Triples knowledge in general.

Er... sorry if my post was a little too fluffy. If this needs to be moved, that's cool.

Howdy! I'm on avid Triples player of all formats, Randbats, Smogon, and especially Battlespot. I want to make a general introduction article to Triples as a whole. To my knowledge, the most recent Triples-focused article on Smogon was posted in 5th gen. I want to gather strong Triples players and help make this article real. Triples always seems to be so intidimating at first, that I see a huge amount of people not even playing it once. I want to help expand Triples knowledge in general.

Er... sorry if my post was a little too fluffy. If this needs to be moved, that's cool.
That idea sounds pretty neat! I would suggest submitting what you plan to write and a sample paragraph over at the Article Submissions. There they will let you know if you will be able to write the article or not. Good luck! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)