Tournament PUBD I - Commencement

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Go forth and commence blindly! Discuss, recruit, find your sight, and enjoy the first iteration of PUBD!

Relevant threads:
Player Signups
Manager Signups

The tiers for PUBD I are:
  • SV PU
  • SV PU
  • SS PU
  • SM PU
  • ORAS PU
  • BW PU
  • DPP PU
  • ADV PU
  • GSC PU
  • RBY PU (Bo3)

The teams for PUBD I are:
:meganium: Menceganiums - mncmt and Expulso
:komala: The WOKE Komalas (they banned sleep) - ishtar and asa
:sceptile: The Sensational Sceptiles - Bella and Melt Gibson
:magby: m.A.A.d city Magbys - DugZa and Drud
:Wo-Chien: Wo-Chien Clan - SergioRules and Danny
:sandaconda: Sneaking Sandacondas - gum and sensei axew

General tournament rules can be found here.

Please contact the host if you have any questions. I don't bite!

DripLegend

a fake charisma
is a Forum Moderator
1v1 Circuit Champion
s/o mences it was a great experience teaming with all of you and special shoutout to my managers for buying me! that being said sv was kinda gas this month so im just gonna drop my thoughts on it.

my-image (2).png

with the name fish it makes these mons sound bad but i just think they're not consistent into enough for me to confidently place them anywhere. terrain had a period of being rly strong but i think as meta progressed people naturally adapted (as they do) and it was pretty hard to match up into unloseable matchups for terrain like it was early meta. webs is another fish which kinda feels floppy to me since scyther is good and a lot of mons dont care abt losing speed since they either have boots, prio, or are the removers themselves. claw feels weird to rank but it's still a balance shredder and definitely does the stuff it has been doing for a lot of the tier. shiftry isn't included with sun since wind rider lets u hard wall a lot of haviary which was rly nice at the early stages.

i didnt use these / have no strong opinion. toed seems the coolest out of these to me but rhydon seemed a lot better early on. i've seen viriz be decent but i never liked using it myself.

i was gonna explain the rest of the tiers but like i talk way too much for that. if u wanna know just @ me on cord or something. also i dont feel like making the tiermaker again but jolteon is realistically a-/a, it's decent but i prefer other stuff for sure.

teams from bom dia:
:abomasnow::lycanroc::braviary-hisui::decidueye::tauros-paldea-blaze::sandslash-alola: i wanted to remake zio hail from puwc since everything at this stage was getting smoked by the bull. pretty standard hail HO for the most part.

:shiftry::sandaconda::snorlax::toxicroak::scyther::bruxish: i just edited a balance team going around that gum made (i think?) with shiftry and croak over sneasel and wo chien. special croak was fun for blowing up things like regi but focus as a move sucks for reliability so it held it back a ton. shiftry was there to fish vs haviarys since u boost on all their stabs/heat wave.

:thwackey::grafaiai::regirock::hariyama::uxie::sandslash: ishtar like 6-0d someone with terrain the week before LOL so we stole it and made a couple changes. unfortunately palossand also watched last weeks game and stopped me from doing the same :(.

:jolteon::scyther::regirock::sneasel::mesprit::wo-chien: brought this vs piyush and just wanted to bring some solid balance. im rly high on regirock and wo-chien and both slot together rly well. mesprit should be a uxie but i forgot that thing dropped for the month LOL. it still got the job done vs mono ice thankfully. the main idea i had making this was regi forcing a lot of ghosts in / tera ghosts to stop body press so sneasel could just come in later and spam knock.

:snorlax::sandslash-alola::wo-chien::uxie::palossand::weezing:we were mainly expecting ishtar to HO like previous weeks so zee helped out making this fat. it's a little passive but it rly has a lot of great stopgaps for offense like weez and colbur castle (which never dies).

:qwilfish-hisui::houndstone::bronzong::jolteon::scyther::floatzel: zee also helped with making this and i would've brought this in finals vs gum. i loved hound at late stages of the meta since u wall like everything pretty much and phasing was rly important. i rly like low kick on float to cheese a lot of random checks that can just tera out of water resist or just nuke lapras LMAO.

LT sludge:
https://pokepast.es/9600adf0dbf9cfa1
https://pokepast.es/cc5c037314c0f0bf
https://pokepast.es/aba2c2c3b2f99ab2

s/o to all the mences it was great being on such a supportive team and the vibes were great, i'd be lucky to team with any of you again in the future <3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)