PU Role Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also forgot Torterra in terms of a lead as it has Bullet Seed for Sturdy/Focus Sash users. An Anti-lead section like Kingler said sounds like a good idea. Rampardos, Torterra, Taunt users in Misdreavus, Simipour, Barbaracle, Dodrio(may be a stretch with this one), Electrode, Grumpig, Kricketune, plus Encore users like Volbeat and Kadabra. Also I guess Machoke could be added for Priority users as it has Bullet Punch, and maybe Wallbreaker and Band users (again a stretch with the latter two).

updated!!!!

I added a lead section, though I didn't include everything that got Taunt but otherwise isn't a lead because those would be better in a Taunt section (which I can add if you guys want me to, it would be better than Anti-leads imo since that kinda has a blurred line with leads)

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wouldn't mind a Taunt section for pokemon like Simipour, Misdreavus, Vigoroth, etc. Also since you have a lead section now, would you consider Weather leads as well like Electrode, Relicanth, etc to go under leads, or would that just be redoing weather setters?

Reactions: MZ
Trick room section is needed. Both setters and abusers. Carbink and Gourgeist immediately come to mind as setters (though I'm sure there are more).

TONE

Trick room section is needed. Both setters and abusers. Carbink and Gourgeist immediately come to mind as setters (though I'm sure there are more).
Idk about Gourgeist, but Beheeyem and Dusclops make great Trick Room setters. As for abusers, there are plenty (Ursaring, Marowak, Beheeyem) just to name a few.

I don't really agree with a section for trick room abusers, as it's really hard to draw the line between what can and can't work on tr, since it's basically everything slow and powerful, but it's hard to say if something is slow and/or powerful enough. This isn't set in stone though and my opinion can be changed. Also I'll add a section for setters later today.

Idk about Gourgeist, but Beheeyem and Dusclops make great Trick Room setters. As for abusers, there are plenty (Ursaring, Marowak, Beheeyem) just to name a few.
I'd argue Gourgeist is even better than Dusclops because it has great recovery offensive presence and isn't deadweight after trick room. But maybe that's just me.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Where is Ninetales in wall/stallbreakers >_>

Edit: Also Servine in same category imo. I know it has been suggested and rejected before but it really is an effective wallbreaker, especially the Taunt + Synthesis set.

Edit 2: Carracosta and Barbaracle are also wallbreakers.

Edit 3: Monferno is listed in leads and rocks so might as well add it to stallbreaker (taunt + WoW) and dark checks too. It's the best dark check in the tier lol.

Edit 4: Also Raichu and Zebstrika in Flying and Water checks.

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Golem in weather setters too. lol didnt see

I guess you could add Rampardos to Choice Scarf, I made a post about it in underrated sets, it performs well, especially against offensive teams, and remove Haunter. Kingler in Swords Dance, as Kingler is a good user of it. Rotom-F in Stallbreakers, Trick is extremely annoying for defensive teams, and SubSplit gives a lot of problem to them too.

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Cherrim and Chimecho could be added to healing wish users, both viable (wouldn't call them great)
Magnemite isn't adding C- and lower rank Pokemon.

also went fully through this and saw something else that could be added
add Machoke, Torterra, Rapidash into Choice Band, Aurorus into Choice Scarf, Murkrow into Calm Mind, Servine in Other Sweepers

Updated this. I may or may not remake this completely at some point, the whole "organization by viability in that role" thing is getting way out of order and it's an absolute pain to move stuff around because the spacing gets messed up.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Obligatory not C or higher mention

Aurorus to leads and dodrio to baton pass
Missed that, although at this point the thread seems like a real pain to manage with all these "change this" posts

TONE

You also forgot to remove Haunter from Spinblockers

We can add Aurorus in lead, Snow Warning breaks Sashes or Sturdy.
Even through Hail isn't played often, Aurorus is listed as a weather setter, so we could add Rotom-Frost in Weather sweepers.

Just noticed a few changes i see being made:

Machoke in Dark checks
Leafeon in Water checks
Vibrava in Electric checks (not sure if you'd consider this viable enough but it counters zeb or any other electrics w/o ice coverage (stunfisk as well))
Simipour in Choice Scarf
could also change Bulk Up to Bulk Up / Curse and add curselax but thats your decision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)