PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Nintendo Wii

I'm sure most of you guys are aware of the current "console wars" between the Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 and the PS3. I've been wanting to make a topic about this for quite some time now as I would like to see which console the majority of the Smogon community like.

All you have to do is state which console you prefer and you can give some sort of comment if you want.

Xbox 360 for me!
Halo 3 bitches!!

Xbox360 is the clear winner, followed by the Wii which would and should be the clear winner. I think the Wii will pull ahead once Brawl is released, though.

The PS3 simply isn't worth buying. $500 for a system with zero worthwhile games? Honestly, the best PS3 game is Flow, and you download that for like 5 bucks.

Current console standings:
1)Xbox360
2)Nintendo Wii
3)Atari Jaguar
4)Bag of dirt
5)Britney Spears
6)PS3

XBOX360: Bioshock and Halo3! Bioshock is the greatest and most original shooter this year, and Halo3 is the best multiplayer shooter this year.

Wii: Party games galore, SSBB, Legend of Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Metroid.. if not for the non next gen graphics and crappy shooter games this would easily take the spot from the 360.

Ps3: Not that many good games are coming out for it except for ratchet and clank.

Currently Nintendo is assraping everything else in terms of hardware and (maybe) peripherals sold, but Microsoft keeps on boasting that they have a higher attach rate- I feel that this will change when Christmas rolls around, since by then all the best games (save Brawl) that actually have content are being/have been released (Guilty Gear: Accent Core, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Battalion Wars 2, GH 3, RE: Umbrella Chronicles), which will be great. 2008-> beyond bodes even better, what with Monster Hunter 3, Brawl (durr), and more stuff that I currently forget. Oh! And WiiWare.

The Wii has outsold XBox360 despite 360 being out a year earlier.

I prefer my Wii but once i get enough cash together I'm going to get an 360. I don't think I'd get get a PS3 for a long time coming. Halo 3 is sick and i can't wait for brawl so it is going to be a good year of gaming.

I think that at the moment the Xbox has the best games: Halo 3, Bioshock and Gears of War. The Wii definately wins gameplay wise with its awesome controllers and I think that when the PS3 develops later on it will become a graphical powerhouse. I am however staying firmly on Microsoft's side with their Xbox as it is reasonably cheap and it has awesome games.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wii for sure, after playing mp3 I cannot go back to dual analog controls, I cant play halo 3 nor even watch people play it just because of how stiff it looks (In terms of controls/movement etc). Dual analog is the past bitches.

Brawl is basically just going to beat the fuck out of an already dead horse in terms of separating wii from ps3, and will also catapult wii on top of the 360, if that doesnt happen already by Christmas with Galaxy.

I have a Wii and a 360 and I have no real preference between them because I bought them to do different things.

360 handles my sports titles which are grossly underrepresented on the Wii and also handles all of the exclusive titles(although I'm not a big on a majority of them) as well my netplay since it tends to be a lot more reliable than the Wii's in my experience

The Wii I got mostly for offline multiplayer on breaks when everyone is actually home from school and such which it has done a good job of since I got it. It'll finally get some crossover on that whole internet thing with SSBB and also strikers if I ever bother to buy it.

PS3 I wish I could justify spending 8000 dollars on to get MGS4/FF13 but two games really aren't worth it to me unfortunately, and while the various perks like Blueray it has that the other two consoles don't are nice I really wouldn't get enough use out of them to make up for the lack of exclusive titles that appeal to me :(

MGS was supposedly going to be ported to 360 later on, dont know if that is going to come through.

I have a 360 for halo 3, cod, so on....and I have my wii for brawl and mario kart and other games. ;) I like em both but for now, I'll say 360 since brawl or mario kart hasnt come out yet.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
xbox360 is just a dumbed down pc

ps3 is a dumbed down gamegear

wii is... i dunno, but its probably better then those above two

ds and pc are where its at though

i really like wii, but the problem is there are only three games i find that are worth playing right now: zelda, paper mario, and metroid. i don't have the 360 or the ps3, but i have played some 360 and i enjoyed it. wii has a lot of potential, its just that right now it has hardly any games that make it worth getting. the 360 has gears of war, and recently got bioshock and halo 3 which i hear are both amazing.

the only reason i use the wii is to play gamecube now, really

The Wii is the winner out of the three, gameplay, variety, and innovativeness anyway. 360 is known only for being a graphical engine and shooting games. Halo 3 is the best multplayer shooter this year, no doubt, and Bioshock's amazing. However...Halo 3, IMO, is almost the exact same thign as 2, which I was disappointed at, although the game itself is a top notch shooter.

The Wii....Brawl, Galaxy, MP3, need I say more? The Wii delivers the best gaming experience out of the 3, or at least it will. A lot of people don't like shooters, and so the Wii takes the lead. Also, Xbox dones't care about casual gamers in the slightest. My cousins words: Nobody wants an Xbox 360, all the games are just stupid shooters.(She's a girl BTW, and 16 years old) The Wii has more fun games where you actually move and work out, unlike the Xbox and Ps3 where you're just pressing buttons in succession. Besides, it's Nintendo. Nintendo ahs always been the best. Her exact words, and I agreed completely. My 30 year old brother said something along those lines as well.

Ps3...it's a pretty cool Blu ray player. That's all I'm saying about it. MsG4 and Devil May Cry will redeem it, and they better make more games.

Altmer basically said it.

I use my 360 for online purposes, i would never buy a game without multiplayer on my 360.

But the wii kind of takes you back to no multiplayer just simple fun console gaming like 64.

I bought my wii last january for brawl. which comes out more than a year later. =/

right now if i was going to buy a console, it'd be a 360. that said, wii is clearly the most successful, and anyone who says otherwise well =/

i'd want 360 for h3 (obv), vf5 and sc3. all of these except h3 are available on ps3, but ps3 is a lot more expensive. i have a strong feeling that ps3 will be the best system in 3 or 4 years though. call it a hunch.

I love the Wii. I say its going to leave the 360 and PS3 in the dust.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 360. I play Halo 3 at my friends house every week. But its just the fact that FPS's are really starting to get stale. Really, really, really, fucking stale. Not to mention Halo 3 is basically Halo 2 with better graphics and a few new weapons. And Halo 3 is the only reason why i'd buy a 360. Which just isn't worth it. :/

Also, you have to pay 50 bucks a year just to play online to shoot some people. But if you have a Wii or DS, you can play online, have just as much fun, and its FUCKING FREE. Microsoft is nothing but a bunch of money hungry bastards...

the wii has the worst graphics i have ever seen...come on in the baseball game the players have no legs....and your out if any of the players get the ball, even if it is a grounder. they dont even have to throw the ball.

x-box360 owns it has the best games and some great graphics.

ps3...well what can i say no good games and too pricey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkDxF2kn1I

this sums it up.

i loled hard the 1st time i watched it.

Are you seriously saying the Wii is a bad system because the characters in Wii Sports has no legs?

Go dig a hole...

the wii was a great idea they should have waited to come out with it untill the got better graphics.

but serously ps2 baseball games are better than that wii baseball game....

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have an Xbox 360 and Wii. I have the 360 for basically any multiplatform games I want and any 360/PS3 games along with, of course, the exclusives. Games I own for 360:

- Kameo: Elements of Power (Action/Adventure)
- Perfect Dark Zero (FPS)
- Gears of War (TPS)
- Viva Pinata ("Animal Crossing but boring"?)
- Call of Duty 2 (FPS)
- Call of Duty 3 (FPS)
- Bioshock (FPS, but I say Adventure kinda like Metroid Prime)
- Halo 3 (FPS)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Pile of shit, or whatever Sonic is these days)
- Blue Dragon (jRPG)
- Eternal Sonata (jRPG)
- Worms (XBLA - Turn based strategy I guess)
- Hexic HD (XBLA - Puzzle)
- Uno (XBLA - Card game)
- Robotron 2048 (XBLA - Arcade)
- Joust (XBLA - Arcade)
- Frogger (XBLA - Arcade)
- Yaris (XBLA - Racing)
- Aegis Wing (XBLA - shmup)

A pretty diverse range of things. I've still got some other games I'd like to pick up like Oblivion, Marvel Ultimate Alliance (I hear it's $10 this week at EB Canada), maybe Crackdown... and of course some upcoming games like Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, and Mass Effect. Next year there's Banjo Threeie but Microsoft has been quiet about the rest of their plans...

The Wii I have mostly for Nintendo franchises that I can't live without =P And offline multiplayer with my friends.

I own:
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Action/Adventure)
- Sonic and the Secret Rings (Rails)
- Super Paper Mario (side scrolling borefest)
- Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (survival horror kinda not really, shooter)
- Pokemon Battle Revolution (Stadium type shitty game)
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (fighter, $20 so don't blame me >.>)
- Mario Strikers Charged (Sports)
- Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Puzzle?)
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (FPS/Adventure)
- Super Mario Bros (VC NES - Platformer)
- Super Metroid (VC SNES - Action/Adventure)
- Bomberman '93 (VC TG16 - Puzzle?)

So far Wii has been kinda shitty. MP3, TC:SO, and Zelda have been the three best games on the system for sure. Thankfully my most anticipated game ever is coming out on February 10th to save the day (Smash Bros. Brawl) and there's still some good stuff later this year like Super Mario Galaxy and Trauma Center: Second Opinion. Zack and Wiki is supposedly a great game that I might look into. Also, Mario Kart Wii next year with 12 players online =)

They finally seem to be doing something with Wii Ware as well which is great. DS Demo Channel especially. Speaking of DS, that's one of the best systems out there! Definitely the best handheld of all time.

The Wii is the winner out of the three, gameplay, variety, and innovativeness anyway. 360 is known only for being a graphical engine and shooting games. Halo 3 is the best multplayer shooter this year, no doubt, and Bioshock's amazing. However...Halo 3, IMO, is almost the exact same thign as 2, which I was disappointed at, although the game itself is a top notch shooter.

The Wii....Brawl, Galaxy, MP3, need I say more? The Wii delivers the best gaming experience out of the 3, or at least it will. A lot of people don't like shooters, and so the Wii takes the lead. Also, Xbox dones't care about casual gamers in the slightest. My cousins words: Nobody wants an Xbox 360, all the games are just stupid shooters.(She's a girl BTW, and 16 years old) The Wii has more fun games where you actually move and work out, unlike the Xbox and Ps3 where you're just pressing buttons in succession. Besides, it's Nintendo. Nintendo ahs always been the best. Her exact words, and I agreed completely. My 30 year old brother said something along those lines as well.

Ps3...it's a pretty cool Blu ray player. That's all I'm saying about it. MsG4 and Devil May Cry will redeem it, and they better make more games.
You have a strong bias. I mean, I have bias (goooo Nintendo!), but come on. "Brawl, Galaxy, Metroid" need you say more? Yes. You do. The Wii does not give the best experience out of the three no matter how much I wish it did. Metroid is the best game on the system right now. Galaxy and Smash aren't out yet but will be awesome, but if you're bashing Halo 3 for being more of the same you can't use Brawl as an example of the Wii being great.

Also, "innovation?". Hah. Sorry, but half the games I have on the Wii seem to either:
A) Not need motion controls
B) Were ports of GCN games (so A applies here)

Metroid Prime 3 and Trauma Center are the only two games that greatly benefitted from motion controls. Also Resident Evil 4 I guess. I don't care about this type of innovation to be truthful. Maybe once developers give a damn and actually innovate I'll care.

I see what Nintendo's doing and it's great for them, but they aren't doing that well games-wise. And yes, Microsoft cares about casual gamers. You're mixing them up with non-gamers. Although Microsoft's way of getting to them is through Xbox Live Arcade.

Anyway, er, Playstation 3. I want one before the Backward Compatibility is gone, but a bit on the pricey side. I may bite.

I want a PSP Slim though. Some good stuff finally coming out.

If you want that than use the PS3 with Sixaxis technology. I have all of them.
on graphics PS3 wins, but with games and fun its the Wii

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)