PS3 or Xbox 360?

PS3 or Xbox360?

• PS3

Votes: 27 32.1%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 57 67.9%

• Total voters
By the way, this is completley off topic, but what's the little black thing for in the SOCOM headset >_>;; I bought the bundle ($35 at Toys R Us) for the headset for whenever I get a PS3. Gonna trade in SOCOM. However, it feels really uncomfortable so I think I'm doing something wrong.
What little black thing? Are you talking about the extra ring for the earpiece that comes with the headset?

Well, he is correct that the new ones are fairly dependable. It's really just the 2005, 2006 and early 2007 models that are breakdowns waiting to happen. Much like the PS2. The PS2slims are fine, just stay away from the ones manufactured in the first year or two.

Do not buy a freaking 360 used or refurbished though. NEVER refurbished. I kept my box that it came back in because I know it's gonna go back.

FreakShizzle, do your research before spouting out misinformation.
I got one of the early PS2s and its still working, and I've never heard of anyone else's PS2 breaking down.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got one of the early PS2s and its still working, and I've never heard of anyone else's PS2 breaking down.
You probably didn't use the internet much back then. There was a class action lawsuit due to how unreliable the PS2 was. It was the disc read error that killed it. It was as prevalent as the RRoD. Launch PSPs also had issues which Sony ignored with the broken square button. Thankfully the ones released outside Japan got fixed before launch.

Ironically, my GCN has DRE'd twice even though it's supposedly the most stable console of the last gen.

Yeah, it's available in all stores, at least up here in Canada.

You know Firestorm, interestingly enough my Gamecube DRE'd on me as well. Apparently the second or third wave of them made for North America had a much higher chance of that happening, as I got my GCN for Christmas and it DRE'd about 5 months later.

I guess I got lucky, my PS2, 360, and GCN have never failed me.

The DS however is a different story. I have had around 3 different DS's and 2 of those I have had to send in 2-3 times.

Honestly I would go with the Xbox. I had the option and now i own an Xbox. the truth is there aren't many exclusives but the 360 runs the games smoother. Although the major downside is you have to pay for internet gameplay but otherwise i like the 360 exclusives more and I think the 360 is more fun. Sure the 360 has more tech like there controllers have a 70 feet range or so but do you really need to play from that far.

In resume get the 360.

i am getting a 360 as of next weekend. The main factors that influenced my descision were:

• All my mates having a 360, meaning we can play multiplayer together
  • Slightly cheaper price tag
  • Larger game library
  • More online features

it really depends on what you want to do with it i got a ps3 a week ago because of

-little big planet and more sony stuff (team ico game/gow)
-mgs4
-ability to watch torrented HD mkvs
-free online
-i am not really interested in the 360 exclusives

reasons for 360 would be
-price
-i hear live is nice but to be honest i can't really complain about psn either.
-if you want gears and halo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)