ORAS UU (Pre-Tier Shift)Mega Pidgeot UU HO(peaked #8)

Hey Guys, since Jirachi was banned from UU i wanted to make an RMT for this team since it was very successful, fun to play with, and I want the opinion from the community. This is my first RMT so any ways to fix the organization of the thread is appreciated. Proof of Peak: https://gyazo.com/55e8ebacb0fac5a8817939fd02b4191a

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Nidoqueen is my favorite mon on the team. Nido is usually my lead and is used to put pressure on the opponent, leaving them guessing if you will set Stealth rocks up or attack. With Nido's natural bulk can usually eat up a hit from a sweeper and KO it back with its amazing coverage. Nido can 1v1 about 80% of the UU metagame which makes it one of the most underrated threats. the reasoning behind 220 EVs in speed is to get surprise outspeeds on things like Mega Blastoise, Tentacreul, suicune, etc.

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Machamp is a very solid and consistent mon that always seems to score at least one KO before fainting. The main reason i added him on the team was to switch in on Hydreigon's draco meteor and proceed to KO it back. Furthermore, my team needed reliable switch ins due to the fact of my HO playstyle. Machamp can switch in on practically any special hit and force a switch that leaves a mon to get confused. My reasoning behind Stone edge over ice punch is to get a KO on Crobat with the combo of Bullet Punch on switch in. It has worked countless times. The speed is to outpseed things like Umbreon which is a threat to this team.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Protect/Roost

Mega Pidgeot was an another underrated threat not being used too much when i made this team. The 100% Hurricane makes it hard to switch in on along with its 100% Heat wave as good Steel covereage. It breaking 375 speed makes it capable of outspeeding most of the UU metagame. since my team Lacks a defoger i decided to put it on Pidgeot because i did not want to waste a valuable mon in replacement for something like Crobat with the sole purpose to Defog. Seeing protect might seem odd and make me look awful, but my reasoning is to protect on scarfers u turns/HJK, as well as outspeed base 115s before mega evo. Overall, a good mon.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

Jirachi is probably my least favorite mon on the team, but glues the team together very nicely. Jirachi's main job is to keep up offensive momentum with u-turn, Trick threats a scarf,clean up late game, and switch in on resisted hits due to its nice typing. Pretty standard.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigon is my stall breaker along with Nidoqueen. The common scarf set makes people believe that Hydrei is scarf as well, which leads the opponent to stay in expecting a 2-3 hit KO until they get blown back by a Specs Dark Pulse. A lot of the meta is weak to Hydrei making it reliable as a stall breaker and fire resist.

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Doublade is another underrated threat that was pretty much never used when this team was made. During the current meta, it is getting a lot of play now that people realized its potential. Doublade can fill a number of rolls, and does all very, very well. Doublade is my mon to switch in on Physical hits, contrary to Machamp. Doublade can easily take care of any physical threat that does not have a super effective, heck, it can 1v1 a Mega Sharpedo at near full health. Along side its Defensive potential, Doublade has a very high attack stat along with Swords Dance and Priority which makes it a very good late game sweeper.

Well this is the Team!
Some Threats to the team were:
Milotic: can 6-0 my team if i do not trick it a scarf
Suicune
Blissey+Alomomola core: Can beat the team with ease
Umbreon
Mega Pidgeot
Mega Absol
Entei
And more but these are the main ones.

Opinions good, or bad are appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey man I've played you with your team a couple times and it's very well built and truly an all-around good bulky offensive team that has most of its bases covered.

I guess suggesting changes won't do much since there's an entirely new metagame right now, but I do see a pretty large weakness to defensive Water-types, especially standard CroCune. There's a ton of pressure for your Jirachi to Trick it a Scarf but it doesn't want to switch directly in for fear of a Scald, and there's always prediction issues of course. So what I might have done was changed Specs Hydreigon to a Life Orb variant with Draco Meteor / Dark Pulse / Taunt / Roost. This would ensure that you can hit it with powerful Draco Meteors and then Taunt it before it could Rest on you. Same goes for shit like Vaporeon that wants to Wish or recover itself. Anyway yeah not much to do about it now but again, great team and congrats on your success with it :].

Hey man I've played you with your team a couple times and it's very well built and truly an all-around good bulky offensive team that has most of its bases covered.

I guess suggesting changes won't do much since there's an entirely new metagame right now, but I do see a pretty large weakness to defensive Water-types, especially standard CroCune. There's a ton of pressure for your Jirachi to Trick it a Scarf but it doesn't want to switch directly in for fear of a Scald, and there's always prediction issues of course. So what I might have done was changed Specs Hydreigon to a Life Orb variant with Draco Meteor / Dark Pulse / Taunt / Roost. This would ensure that you can hit it with powerful Draco Meteors and then Taunt it before it could Rest on you. Same goes for shit like Vaporeon that wants to Wish or recover itself. Anyway yeah not much to do about it now but again, great team and congrats on your success with it :].
Thanks for the Rate :] I really like the idea you have w/ Hydreigon. The only reason i liked Specs was to help bluff a scarf but Running life Orb Taunt roost sounds a lot better. Honestly, I did not know Hydreigon ran taunt :p.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Really nice team dude, responsible for my only Farm League loss haha

The only thing I really have to suggest is maybe U-turn on your Hydra over Flamethrower if you choose to keep Specs, Flamethrower doesnt hit a whole lot that a Specs Dark Pulse wont already blow back and the momentum can be really nice if you expect a special wall to come in, might help your weakness to Alo + Bliss, and it forms a nice U-turn core with Jirachi.

Another thing you can do to help your weakness to bulky waters as dodmen said is change Machamp to any variant of Heracross with Guts now that it is once again available to punish Scald spam. If using Banded Heracross (arguably the best set) then I'd also support using LO Hydra.

And as for replacing Jirachi, thats kind of tough but if you choose to go for a more Bulky Offense approach after the meta settles, Vaporeon wouldnt be too bad to sponge Ice and Water attacks and provide Wish support to Nidoqueen and Doublade, both would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Really nice team dude, responsible for my only Farm League loss haha

The only thing I really have to suggest is maybe U-turn on your Hydra over Flamethrower if you choose to keep Specs, Flamethrower doesnt hit a whole lot that a Specs Dark Pulse wont already blow back and the momentum can be really nice if you expect a special wall to come in, might help your weakness to Alo + Bliss, and it forms a nice U-turn core with Jirachi.

Another thing you can do to help your weakness to bulky waters as dodmen said is change Machamp to any variant of Heracross with Guts now that it is once again available to punish Scald spam. If using Banded Heracross (arguably the best set) then I'd also support using LO Hydra.

And as for replacing Jirachi, thats kind of tough but if you choose to go for a more Bulky Offense approach after the meta settles, Vaporeon wouldnt be too bad to sponge Ice and Water attacks and provide Wish support to Nidoqueen and Doublade, both would really appreciate it.
Thanks for the rate, When heracross dropped, i considered the Machamp switch and probably was planning on that switch. I am waiting for the tier to settle to decide the fate of the team. As for hydreigon, idk why i never thought of running u turn. But i think Dodmen's set it very viable too as it helps with bulky waters along with Alo+blissey stall by stopping wish passing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)