Resource Post-WCoOM IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With that all done, WCoOM IV is now over! Congratulations to Kris, Avery and US West for winning! As for them and everyone else, feel free to use this thread for posting teams, various/personal records, or shoutouts! Also a huge shoutout to Sectonia for co-hosting with me and Byleth for running the Replays and Usage Stats!!

Don't go too wild or Ransei will ban me

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
WCoOM never started for me lol but now it is officially ended, I'd like to post various thoughts about the competition (skip my post if you are searching for team dump, you'll not find what you want here :d)

Firstly, I would like to thanks the hosts Sectonia and OM for hosting the tour, it went well with only the tiebreak between UK and France as a debatable point but it wasn't a problem for me so great hosting, thanks ! Thanks to Byleth and eventually the other persons that helped throughout the tour to do sheets, records, etc, that was very useful, thank you very much :]

On a less positive note, I've already talked a bit of it in a previous post, but I'm still not a huge fan, as a spectator, of this "Pools" format, and I enjoyed much more the tiebreak, semis, and finals, as it was clear how things were going. I think it was good idea to give a shot to Hispanic + LA and China, to bring some new bloods etc and actually Hispanic + LA made some interesting results, I would be happy to see them next year ; however, that last week end of pools was really awful, and probably stressful for everyone. So yea, I'm not a fan of this format, and forced the players to pla X games at the end of Week 1 / Week 2 / whatever looks a bit unrealistic, like what kind of sanctions can you use, you can imagine players that refuse to play before the deadline to put other players in trouble (and how will you know ? if it's "IRL stuff" you can't check lol) etc etc, I don't even know if it was a serious option but I know Think talked of this a bit and I don't think it could work. My personal take is just to keep "classic" format of OMPL, I just find it way more enjoyable, but I invite tour players to give their feedback, what they liked and disliked in, I'm open to discussion I'm just giving my personal feedback on this.

To bounce back with positive stuff, I still enjoyed a lot this wcup as a spectator, there was definitely some high-level and I was happy to see it (randomly thinking to Atha cityscapes aesf The Number Man and MAMP, but there was plenty of good games and great players), and some less but I can't judge as I don't know how were the previous World Cup, so idk if some "less good" (not bad, eh, but when you are compared to city or atha it's hard to shine) players is normal as you can't reasonably fill perfectly all the slots in every team, but that was still very cool. There was definitely some bad luck sometimes, thinking to UK and the tie, and some kinda stolen games, but that's Pokemon and we chose to play this game :d From what I've seen by being in 3 discords, the atmosphere within was quite good, even if there was a little drama about Kate and US South, I've found the atmosphere quite good in the teams I was (they were all in semis tho, so like they had a great tournament, idk the atmosphere in Hispanic, China, or Canada).
Some people said the level wasn't good on this wcup, US West should never have won bc they only have BH mains and only won bc everyone else underperformed, etc, but personally I enjoyed the wcup, and think US West deserved its trophy, they have an overall record of 28-8 or something like that, I mean no matter how you look at it its impressive af.

A slight point that was quite unpleasant thought, is nations bashing. I understand that it's a World Cup, you are opposed to other countries, etc, but I don't think you should forget that we are still people like you, playing a game for fun, and bashing a team/country is very stupid. At least, do it in private, it's very disrespectful to insult other nations in public, no matter why. I'll not give more precisions, but I think it's really something that people shouldn't do, no matter what's the reason is, if it's the level if the team, their opinions, IRL reasons, etc, it's just unpleasant to see. In OMPL, I didn't see teams bashing (in public at least, do what u want in private lol), so just don't do it in wcup too, pls.

I'll conclude by saying that it was still a great tournament overall imo, I would like to congratz again all the US West team for their win, and in particular my friend XxSevagxX that I carried :], I hope y'all enjoyed it too, cya next year, I'll be in Team France this time and we'll not let you any chance (Hats tu perfect l'an prochain or conséquences)

Thanks to all the teams that let me join their discord to get my bad advices, esp Asia-Pacific and Redflix, Dj Breloominati♬, and my beloved friend TectonicDestroyer (noob), and ofc France even if I was kinda useless cuz atha's goated af lmao.

Stay safe and take care everyone, do NOT hesitate to post teams here so I can stole them, thank you very much, cya :heart:

sorry lol

Quick Post cuz I suck at typing kek. Firstly I wanna give a huge thank you OM and Sectonia for being amazing hosts and having(pretty much) everything run smoothly even with the new pools format. Next I wanna shoutout beauts and Quantum Tesseract cuz they were great managers and for giving me an opportunity. Then I wanna recognize the people who helped me with building and had to deal with me spamming their dm's/spamminfg the server all day asking for help lmao: Dr. Phd. BJ UT Quantum Tesseract beauts MZ in the hills Chazm Think XxSevagxX sry if i missed you it's early in the morning. To all the people in VC's throughout all of WCoOM it was nice getting to know some of yall and being able to just talk for hours about random stuff.

STAB Team Dump(Most are banned but here they are anyways)

TR: :Marowak-Alola:-:Drampa:-:Crawdaunt:-:Stakataka:-:Hatterene:-:Slowbro:Should've won the match i played it with but i made a couple bad plays, i actually think TR is really good in stab esp with the recent bans.

Stall: :Quagsire:-:Toxapex:-:Porygon2:-:Ditto:-:Skarmory:-:Jirachi: built this with BJ and it worked out in the match I used it, changes can be made if you want to use it outside of fishing for HO matchup. The team was legit just made to counter HO kek.

HO: :Buzzwole:-:Drapion:-:Aegislash:-:Cinderace:-:Dragonite:-:Grimmsnarl: Pretty Sure this is an ITH team, rough MU in the one game I used it but drapion almost pulled through(I choked lmao). HO Broke

Sand: :Tyranitar:-:Excadrill:-:Dracozolt:-:Slowking:-:Skarmory:-:Crawdaunt: BJ Team that I used vs team france, ended up winning that game with a bit of luck. Sand is really good, shout out Crawdaunt, that thing was the real mvp.

More HO: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:-:Magearna:-:Buzzwole:-:Grimmsnarl:-:Dragonite:-:Thundurus-Therian: HO Broke, never used this one tho so idk if it was good kek

Hazard Stack: :Porygon2:-:Seismitoad:-:Ferrothorn:-:Cinderace:-:Dragonite:-:Blacephalon: meh team, cool concept, couldve probably worked with some changes to the team

Anyways, Thank You all!

Last edited:

Byleth

Retirement
hi besties, i'm undefeated in this tour so now you have to look at my teams tee-hee

On a more serious note, I did not expect much of West and that is also what I gathered from looking at the OM discord talking mostly about other teams being stacked and last years results. Just want to say that this year shows that the region (and any tbh) can rebuild itself and come out stronger than ever. And also a huge thanks for letting me run the Replays and Usage thread for this tour, pretty cool guys. This was also my first opportunity to play STABmons and actually be motivated to build with it at a good level. With that weird talk out of the way, Lets get to the teams.

Pools:
- VS DR PHD BJ (w) :rillaboom: :heatran: :rotom-wash: :scizor: :diggersby: :moltres-galar: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1459745257
I give this team the most unique reward. Yeah so this was the first game and I built some double steel washtom team to have a good matchup vs a potential lele sand build, with Diggersby as the breaker cause I felt like it was a strong breaker and whatnot, and needed a good ground to compliment Rillaboom with Scarf Gmolt to cripple Ttar and check ghosts. Loading into the team I was pretty bummed to see a Skarmory, however Fire Punch Diggersby just ruined it anyway, with Rilla and Diggs to clean everything up afterwards. Pretty happy with my play and team choice here, although I made a bit of a questionable play at the end which I discussed with my opponent afterwards with not sacking Rilla to let Diggs/Rotom-W guaranteed clean up.
- VS FC (w) :Magearna: :Weavile: :Toxapex: :Corviknight: :Gastrodon: :Tyranitar: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8stabmons-595097
I give this team the comfort team award. Yeah I got 0-2'd in STAB ssnl by this guy so I was pretty determined for this one. Brought a Specs Magearna + Swords Dance Weavile build because it breaks most of his builds I've seen, and opted for Bunker Pex over something like Future Sight Slowbro to handle Cinderace and Scald + Haze to handle set up Magearna, as I was confident it was an option for him to bring. Gastrodon is Shed Shell to avoid being trapped by other Water Absorb trappers, a premium Sevag addition to the team. Loaded into a rain team however so my team was put to the test on how it'd handle something entirely different. I think letting Steelix get trapped with Anchor Shot was a mistake, because it really helped me force progress with Weavile in the mu. Toxapex was able to stall the progress of rain pretty well, and with Gyara poisoned from Bunker I was pretty much free to take the W for this game.
-VS JQLOVE (w) :Heliolisk: :Buzzwole: :Heatran: :Dragonite: :Melmetal: :Rillaboom: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8stabmons-595209
Wasn't sure what to use here, so brought a pretty cool team Kris dropped in the discord. During the Dragonite era, Rilla + Melmetal was a solid combo to make sure when Rilla was complete setup bait for Dragonite, it couldn't get past Melmetal because of Grassy Surge hindering Earthquake. Even with Banded Melmetal, this was shown to good effect in this game. This game was probably the one I was ever in most danger of losing this entire tour, with my most effective rain resist being...Heliolisk! Luckily, Melmetal was able to punch a few holes in the team rather quickly and remove Pelipper, and with a bit of funny Heliolisk action to prevent Starmie from having the end game of its lifetime, I was able to take the win.
-VS TERRACOTTA (w) :Cinderace: :Aegislash: :Ninetales-Alola: :Seismitoad: :Arctozolt: :Rotom-Heat: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1462687036
Deadass built this the day before, because Aegislash was banned and I wanted to let it go out with a bang. Cinderace + Hail is supposed to matchup vs webs offense really well, and that is what I got so not much trouble in this last game. Keeping Ace alive after Zolt ate the fattest crit of its life was all I really had to do, and I didn't really have any trouble with this game. I guess here is where things got real because my team was dominating and I made it out of pools undefeated.

Semifinals:
-VS LBDC (w):Buzzwole: :Slowking: :Tyranitar: :Seismitoad: :Tornadus-Therian::Tapu-Lele: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1476334906-gmwr4lgao78w2yhqy7amr6f1qjea11lpw
After UK lost, I had another helper in Chazm, who dumped all of their recent teams because they're crazy like that and really cool :3 Out of all the teams, there stood a pretty solid one with Scarf Tapu Lele and Life Orb Tyranitar that's been pretty safe vs everything LBDC has brought so far. Played it in a couple of test games and it seemed good to roll, so loaded it into the game and quickly identified that Lele was going to cripple either Heatran or Tornadus-Therian (since it was lead) and I was going to get away with it. Got the trick on both actually, which allowed Lele to wear down Heatran with a lack of leftovers and after that, it became a game of getting Lele in and keeping the opposing Torn-T out, which heavily favored me due to Torn now being locked into a Choice Scarf. And with Lele inevitably winning, I can say that this team is pretty decent!!! (or that Lele is broken)

Finals:
-VS AINZCRAD (w) :aerodactyl: :cinderace: :rotom-wash: :seismitoad: :celesteela: :tyranitar: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1480349232
I didn't really take much prep into finals, just kind of tested teams. More importantly though, horrible timing for finals, literally the holidays lol. Beauts came up with the idea of Band Aerodactyl, and Chazm stole the idea and put it into a more functional team (sorry beauts, nidoqueen suc). Didn't really care too much since we had won the tour by the time I played, so loaded team into no Aero switchins + Scarf Lele so just had to play around the Lele to win and that's kinda all there is to it.

And with that out of the way, shoutouts time I guess? S/Os to Greybaum, XxSevagxX, Kris, in the hills beauts and Chazm for test games and/or bouncing around ideas, along with everyone in the US West cord for being such a positive vibe, especially my teammates and Avery and Kris (again lol!) for managing West this year. That is all.

Just kidding, here are some extra teams that have been dropped in the cord.

https://pokepast.es/60923ec36922a1c0 A rain team that was said no to because it was too linear, and tbh after testing this a bit I just think rain sucks anyway.
https://pokepast.es/f918d24833461af4 The original team I was going to bring vs Terracotta. Didn't like it in testing and had a better idea with Cinderace +Hail later on to actually deal with offense better so it was dropped.
https://pokepast.es/dea0a31a652be62a I don't know how Kris ever got me to use this in testing. But heyyyy the Raichu is funny!
https://pokepast.es/07adbb28147d64b3 Peak STAB.
https://pokepast.es/78d1e3a52fdf798c A team scrapped in favor of a Chazm team, as it had the potential to run into Court Change Ace which is really annoying. This team would have worked just as well vs the team that LBDC brought, so it gets my stamp of approval.
https://pokepast.es/a217b3aa04a9c50e Fun team Sevag dropped, but as noted by them the Lele MU could be fixed.
https://pokepast.es/49b3b760b176eecf Beauts version of the Banded Aero team, which features a pretty cool and underutilized Taunt Rillaboom set (over the usual Strength Sap). It features Nidoqueen the goat so yeah.

Last edited:
Bring out the violins, for the time has come to say goodbye. It's a bit strange to say goodbye to people that, for the most part, even for those I was closest to, I didn't know very well; but I like to think that there was more of a bond between us than between mere playing partners. Friendship? Maybe not if the words still have a meaning, but at least benevolence and attachment. For something as definitive as a final post we want to say something that leaves an indelible mark on the reader, but there is perhaps more pride and vanity than greatness in that. The truth is that we will forget each other, and the wind will soon blow away everything we have built on Smogon. This is what I invite you to remember from my little lyric: all of our achievements on Smogon, the metagames we build, the tournaments we win or fail to win, etc., don't matter much, if at all. It is, for many of us who put unreasonable effort into it, a futile escape from the difficulties of the real world, and often a colossal waste of time. I take the liberty of taking this moralizing tone because I believe this is true and important; don't forget it. This is, for some of you, only a partial farewell, as we will stay in touch for a while; in any case I don't plan to be involved much in anything Smogon related in the future.

Dj Breloominati♬ Much love, thank you for the support you have given me many times, as I am rather melancholic by nature, and thank you for simply being there, you are truly a warm source. We will of course stay in touch, I will ensure that. If one day you need to confide in someone and you have no idea who, think of me.

The Number Man No wonder you are one of the most appreciated people in Smogon, being so lucid and respectful; it's always a pleasure to talk about the game with you, because I know it's going somewhere. I wish you much happiness with the number woman and your future number kids - remember I'd like to teach them how to order their moves myself. <3

Gman Quel bonheur que tu existes ! L'une des rares personnes à avoir compris, et surtout à l'appliquer, que la seule chose importante au fond c'est de respecter et d'aimer les autres. J'ai beaucoup de respect pour toi, et ne doute pas que ton influence a été grande autour de toi. Je pense, et tu seras sûrement d'accord, que plus on connaît quelqu'un plus on tend à l'aimer ; et sur les réseaux sociaux (dont Smogon fait partie), on ne sait rien de l'autre, donc on se sent agressé, on imagine le pire dans ses intentions, et rester objectif et respectueux demande un effort constant. Merci de toujours faire cet effort :blobnom: J'espère qu'on se reverra.

Siamato J'espère que tu daigneras m'accueillir dans le club fermé des retraités. Une autre des rares personnes avec qui on peut avoir des discussions constructives, j'espère (comme pour tous les autres français en fait) qu'on se reverra.

Osake Encore quelqu'un avec qui on peut discuter de manière intelligente. Je suis impressionné par ta progression fulgurante juste avant de te retirer, comme une étoile filante. T'as de l'avenir ça ne fait aucun doute. <3
totoro_and_friend_8a0174cf-f580-4884-a940-d388dde07daf.jpg

UT We have only known each other for a short time but I am delighted to have known you. AAA is in good hands. :heart:

Dragonillis Le mot qui définit le mieux la communauté OM francophone ? Dragonillis. Bravo pour ta constance et ton assiduité dans la gestion de la commu, on a eu énormément de chance de t'avoir. J'espère qu'on se reverra aussi. Et j'attends avec impatience le jour où tu gagneras l'OM championship. Mais je pourrais dire la même chose pour LBDC.

Palapapop Le digne héritier de gman. Change pas. <3

Snorlax in the way Maybe this post will surprise you since we don't talk much anymore, but I know you'll always be there to watch out. My respects old chap.

PandaDoux Encore un qui progresse très vite. Je te souhaite de la chance et du bonheur dans la vie.

AliceColt It's unlikely we'll be in touch again from now, and we haven't talked much for a long time now, but I wish you all the happiness in the world, truly.

Giga-Chandélure Racool motherlove Pujo Think (I leave to you the Good Cores thread if you plan on doing anything with it) Maxouille Gravity Monkey Trognon TheCoastsOfToast Wulfanator Alternatif Zephyri Tadasuke quziel Chazm D2TheW spoo damflame 3 7shoes Altthiel Quairo HG DF-Shock tzop Lasen I must be forgetting someone :(
To all those I have known less but who are no less people trying to live in this messy world, I also wish happiness. Lord how hard it is to finish this. Goodbye. I warned you to get out the violins.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
https://pokepast.es/0b7c11d3a4bbe158- Broken HO, all teams here were pre dnite ban so it was making things more annoying, but also easy as fuck to abuse. Before the tour started I told my chat I'd use screens twice minimum, then some BO stuff for the other games because breakers are too good in this tier, so this was the first one I used. Obviously doesn't work now bc dnite is gone but the core can probably still be updated. I still think mag is like a top 3-5 mon and was absurdly broken w dnite to break early on screens. Lucha Lele was speed control and helped vs set up sweepers on the opposing HO, and the thund was something me and Ren wanted to try out and ended up revisiting later bc it did nothing here.

https://pokepast.es/dec589dbbc7a8b17- Bulky Offense, felt kinda locked into those last 3 defensive mons due to dnite / zolt / blaceph and others, so just went with it bc they provided great utility and just moved on. I think the ttar might have been Shuca Ice Beam in the game for dnite but boots is just better now and Diamond Storm is good. Terrak thund was the main thing I wanted to use, so we came up w this around Metronome terrak which did well vs corv and threatened pex really well. Brought broken Magearna again, Doom Desire set is also incredible and a great pivot / psychic wall that supported the thund against things like ttar. Trapping spam just won against the stall it faced, but I think this team was super good.

https://pokepast.es/b3582f6a8a4aa693- Second screens, went with dnite mag again because why not, mag ended up winning the game, and Bolt Strike eleki was really fun because it did absurd amounts of damage to things it needed to chip instead of getting screens up. This team felt harder to actually build, though, because I wanted to try out that ttar which is counterintuitive w dnite but still worked. Kyurem fit just because it wasn't really dying to anything and could clean teams behind screens since it takes no damage. Blaceph seems like an odd choice on screens, but similar to the lele on the first one it's necessary speed control that helped a lot here bc the rest of the team is naturally super slow. More Trick support is always crucial on HO and Moongeist is broken.

https://pokepast.es/cebc5cd610080497- Might have gotten a little too fancy w team choices at this point, idt we had the best of chances of making poffs by this point and since building balance in this tier sucks really bad we decided to just make a rain offense / BO. FS support + the gyara worked super well, and the other mons are just strong, w Muscle Band barra being good to help against toad and stuff. Ludi is kinda needed on rain to beat toad and gastro stuff but it's really good w grass moves just being incredible. Choked really hard in the actual game losing lix so I probably coulda won w it so I still like it, could just tweak a bit w/o dnite probably.

here are the replays if anyone wants to watch them:

just wanna s/o Ren for making this tour fun, I went in expecting to get passed teams every week and not care then the team asked me what I wanna build and I almost dropped it on the spot lol, but I was able to build and make some teams I really liked w ren's help after hours of struggling to build balance and just slowly making teams more offensive as we went. I'll probably stick around stab, fun enough tier that's a main OM so it's easier to play games of than other meta's I also like (free inverse). Final words ig are zolt's broken af in the builder mag is a top 3 mon and prepping for Blacephalon still haunts my teambuilder to this day.

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
hi i built a lot. some of these will have overlap with the teams i posted in my nfe teamdump. also some of these teams weren't used at all (RIP MnM) but i wanted to post them

NFE
:piloswine: :koffing: :vullaby: :wartortle: :magmar: :electabuzz:
[ASP] King Leo V vs [USS] beauts

:piloswine: :clefairy: :vullaby: :wartortle: :magmar: :electabuzz:
[FRA] PandaDoux vs [USS] beauts

:marshtomp: :roselia: :vullaby: :golbat: :gurdurr: :hattrem:
[UNK] Stareal vs [USS] beauts

:magmar: :wartortle: :golbat: :piloswine: :clefairy: :gurdurr:
[CAN] Miyami vs [UNE] S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

:roselia: :duosion: :marshtomp: :gurdurr: :clefairy: :electabuzz:
[CAN] Miyami vs [EUR] tlenit

:piloswine: :vullaby: :clefairy: :magmar: :wartortle: :roselia:
[USW] lepton vs [FRA] PandaDoux

MnM
:landorus-therian: :eternatus: :ho-oh: :magearna: :milotic: :kyurem:
:swampert: :regieleki: :xerneas: :kyurem: :genesect: :entei:
:magnezone: :milotic: :landorus-therian: :entei: :solgaleo: :eternatus:

thanks to everyone who made wc such a fun tour! u know who u are ^_^ and thanks for the teams who let me help once south was out, it was a blast :>

Hello fellow wCOOMERS, its time to share my camo teams.

Pools:
1640938278448.png

Pastes: 1 (vs cscl), 2 (vs meta), 3 (vs mossy) , 4 (vs ana)

The first 3 teams were all built around the same core concept: Spikestacking, a strong wincon and elements that either abuse answers to this wincon or lure it in some way. Eg - trick azelf can cripple unaware clef for reuni; wisp arcanine can cripple water types for Landomew whereas ferro annoys steel/flyings; melm abuses fairy blissey extremely hard and is quite self sufficient as a breaker. The teams are rounded off with a classic defensive core and Arcanine which was great role compression at the time - offering speed control vs HO as well as a check to steel type bulky setup.

The last team is a bit different, since i was thinking anaconja would bring sth fat against me like he had been doing the whole tour. With that in mind i went with double status "immune" bulky setup in Ground/Ghost Celebi and Fire/Fly Sub Volc. This time i went with Pex + Mence over Blissey Mence, cause it felt like a better fit here as an answer to setup mons.

The meta during pools favored bulky setup balances, but those teams could get caught off guard by HO. So the main idea i tried to stick to when building was to make a team with a resilient blanket check defensive core (ie, blissey/pex + mence) and some priority, while packing as much counterplay to the common bulky wincons in my offense as well as a strong wincon. Spikes were insanely good back then, as were wincons so I felt like you needed a strong proactive gameplan (spikes, wincon and some way to offensively complement that wincon) and ways to mess with your opps proactive gameplan - preferably non passive ones (so running mons like arcanine, melmetal that have def utility as well as off presence is generally better than unaware clef or pex).

Playoffs:
1640939319234.png

I built more than just these teams but i cba to talk about them all.
Pastes: 1 (finals), 2 (alternative finals team), 3 (cm entei team i made as a proof of concept), 4 (semis team)

Going into semis, I wanted to shift to something more offensive because I had been mostly bringing balance before then. Another reason was that I was scared of getting Zoroarked by euph like I did a bunch of times when we tested lmao. So i wanted to control the pace of the game to minimize the chance for that to happen. Anyway, I decided to bring a pretty straightforward bulky offense team with Tran + Lando defensive core, 2 breakers and 2 wincons.

The key sets here imo are DD steel/drag wisp lefties pult and SubSD pexchomp. The pult acts as a poison/fly Volc check since it lives 2 canes and 2hkos at +1 but more importantly, it burns steel types so that Rilla or Chomp can more easily break through. As for Chomp, i found that sub on water/poison is amazing because most of the typings that resist you cant hit you back very hard and rely on status moves to beat you. So it turned out that this mon would just 6:0 some teams after subbing up.

As for finals, I had some helpers in the discord and we came down to 2 separate ideas: Stallbreaker Noivern balance (suggested by Siamato) and Magnezone offense (suggested by BJ). I built out both ideas and quickly settled on a Noivern build (team 2) that I liked that we then tweaked a bit (Pjab on pex to beat clef reliably, water type celebi from the initial typing that i cant rmb and SD leech seed rilla instead of the initial CB version because i felt like this team was quite weak to ground/ghost celebi). The idea is that Noivern puts a lot of pressure on fat builds with Boom/Flame, while completely walling a taunted Blissey, letting it make good progress. The rest of the team is just built to support that with spikestacking and ways to not lose to stuff.

Magnezone teams were harder to build. I tried like 5 different variants til i found one that I liked. Basically the key was figuring out whether Baloon or Specs was the right set and which breakers to run with it. I tried Garchomp versions but i didnt love them, and i tried Blissey versions for a slowpivoting defensive backbone but didnt like that either. In the end I decided to run Tran + Intim again with Balloon Zone, 2 abusers (CB Pult and Safeguard Volc) and SD uturn Rilla as a lure for steel types (since seeing SD makes them want to stay in). Lum berry since i didnt have a good scald absorber. The team performed amazingly, but the game itself ended on an unfortunate note. If you wanna see more examples of it in action, check the Iron chef week 2 replays (found in the camo discord i think).

Funny thing is pretty much all of these teams are now illegal due to the bans LOL, but i guess these teams are still useful as an demonstration of my building process and my take on the meta. And we'll see how the meta shapes up going forward after the recent Volc ban. I had a lot of fun building and playing Camo this tour so it's sad to see it lose its spot in team tours but ig thats how it is. [BH main] TNM will find some other meta to play.

Thanks to everyone who was a part of team Europe and the helper squad this year, it was a lot of fun doing this with you guys! See you in OMPL!

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Congrats to US west , i like many others had my doubts given ur last years performance and the lackluster roster but u guys went ham and like osake said going 28-8 is remarkable on its own.
As for Asia Pacific , i was glad i was a part of the group and it would be dumb of me to not give u guys s/o's given how amazing and fun our run was.
MAMP

1640944692629.png

This log perfectly sums up ur run lol. Carried our BH slot with 0 support ( negative if u count tect bouncing off ideas) and the win vs stresh was so hype. You and Ti were the main reason we made playoffs and it was unfortunate we couldnt give u your deserved match vs city but i hope this season was as fun for u as it was for me. See u around for ompl !

TectonicDestroyer

1640944792173.png

Best Record in mnm LETS GOOOO!! Despite the pain of having u unmuted for 5 weeks , i am really happy for how ur season went esp after the weird ompl and rough start but u srsly need to work on ur building choices man LOL. Making a new team every single day was a huge pain and i was very close to losing it in the playoffs week (not to forget the same happened in ompl >.>). Whoever gets u for ompl , i wish u luck cuz u are just not ready for having tectonicdestroyer in the chat.

Dj Breloominati♬

1640944991505.png

Spitfire nub. I didnt know u at all before this but oh how things have changed. Only if u were half as good as me in aaa , we wouldve won this tour
by now. Jokes aside , it was super fun having u in the chat. I know u felt bad about the finals game (tbh u should HOLY SHIT U PLAYED SO BAD LOOOOL) but everyone has a bad game and hey ur still 3-0 against osake!!! Hope u stick around for more om tours and we get to team again!

The Immortal

1640945090082.png

CLUTCH TI!!! the best player of asia pacific (totally not due to this). Was super dope having u in the team and what a year has it been for u mons wise. Had fun testing and discussing stab with u during pools and being part of the "lets use cinderace" religion. take care and we getting the W next year for sure.

King Leo V

1640949233828.png

Rough season for u leo and I cant believe the playoffs streak got broken but on the brighter side u get to go for 3k again! Hope the new job is treating u well and dont fret about this season much friend , tect went 4-1 so we needed someone to balance that so that the universe wont collapse. just try to use the support u have next time though >.>

Euphonos

1640949272889.png

I know this season was very bittersweet for u euph - U were so hyped when mew got banned only to be hit by the news days later. We all know how passionate u are about camo and how strong ur grasp of the meta is. Despite how it ended for camo , i hope u enjoyed the season and i really hope u stick around

Osake

1640949441851.png

There it is , the newly appointed aaa council member osake s/o. Thanks for helping us since day 1 man , I knew i could count on u to help us get a negative record in the aaa slot!! (jk jk love u) despite how much we roast each other im glad we got to meet in ompl and who knew u could actually be above average in aaa. Having u in the chat is always a blast and i better see the aaa open signup

arn.av136 The Dragon Master Rav3 goated subs tbh and i hope u guys get to start in the next ompl. Your contribution of spamming bad cap in the chat was super valuable. I'm sorry rav3 though for the disappointing nfe record.

Additionally , thanks to Dr. Phd. BJ a loser beauts Mossy Sandwich for helping out in playoffs and bearing tect with us. U guys were workhorses and prob did more in 1 week than i did in the whole season. Gl loser , sad we wont get to run it back with the zoomers :(

Also wanted to share some moments of our impeccable team chemistry
1640949997645.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1640950124305.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1640950178218.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1640950238793.png

a story in 3 parts

1640950291344.png

1640950312032.png

1640950340075.png

Lastly thanks to OM and Sectonia for hosting , even though there were decisions i disagreed with and found them wierd ( the no replaying on a tie / tb being 1 week+ ), Hosting a tour is tiresome and i appreciate u guys doing it.

Attachments

While it's sad that our team lost in the finals, I'm just extremely happy how Tlenit performed in OMWC overall and I felt like my work went with a satisfying smile. In this tournament, I took a less stressful approach to scout and prep my opponents. While I would say 15-30% of it was prep, 70-85% of it was more focused on being ahead with the meta, as well as trying to build to find counterplay against the threats, and just optimize myself really. So I focused way more on having solid structures and having the interactions go as advantageous and easy to flow to my favor. I'll share both NFE and MnM teams I've built and be prepared for a long wall of text for each team as a note. Shoutouts and such will be below too.

NFE aka No Fucking Evolve

:Thwackey: :Magmar: :Vullaby: :Wartortle: :Piloswine: :Koffing: Tlenit vs Lepton, Pools
The inspiration for this team came from the structure of Magmar's teams at the end of OMPL, and Kythr vs Tlenit at NFEPL V Semis. I wanted to experiment more with Fire Offense overall and I felt like Lepton's teams were heavily vulnerable by Koffing and Magmar. So I took that structure and adjusted it to my own liking. Thwackey was faster so it was able to stop 260 Golbat from defogging, while I always tend to add less speed EVs on Vullaby in order to be slower Tangela and opposing Vullabys. Wart is an excellent fit for its fire resistance typing while being able to switch in against Piloswine and opposing Wartortle with ease, and pivoting ofc. Piloswine is always a little faster so I'll be able to outspeed Hattrem, and Koffing is an excellent check to physical threats while having the ability to annoy almost every hazard removals; only Shell Smash Wartortle is able to force Koffing out. I think the team is really excellent for its strengths, but it does have its vulnerability where Electabuzz could be really annoying. I made an update to optimize the team slightly more, but I recommend the finals team over this one even this isn't a bad team. For the match itself, Tlenit made some critical mistakes such as weakening Koffing which let Gurdurr go crazy and took a bad risk on Magmar. He owes it up for the finals though haha.

:Corsola-Galar: :Duosion: :Tangela: :Piloswine: :Golbat: :Wartortle:Tlenit vs Duguo, Pools
Just wanted to experiment more on Corsola-Galar as it has not been used so much nowadays. Double Dance Corsola-G intrigued me as it had a fitting wincon as a SpDef setup mon. I remember some people tried to use it, but they always fell flat with some of their sets and I personally like Corsola-Galar in NFE so I was like thinking it was a good opportunity to show it. Something like Specs Magmar became a 4hko after 1 CM got me confident enough to go with it. I build it with F-Sight Duosion as my idea was to somewhat scout out if the Electabuzz had taunt since Taunt hardly does anything to Duosion, and Corsola-Galar does not mind Toxic as much due to rest. Duosion had also an excellent lure to throw toxic on dark types trying to switch in, securing the wincon for Corsola-G. However I became a little stuck in this position thinking on my next mon, and I didn't think having a dark-mon or Ferroseed would work this time. And there was this conflict where I didn't want to run Protect on Duosion as I believe Protect Duosion is extremely easy to exploit. At the same time, I wanted to have something against Clefairy and Golbat, so I had to think outside of the box and created this weird Tangela. Designed to survive a Fsight + rocks from full health without Eviolite, it can also put sleep on Golbat and Clefairy. I added synthesis here so Tangela could stay in the field longer while ignoring the interactions where the opponents try to keep Tangela at that percent where it can die to F-sight.
After that, I added the classic Piloswine, Golbat, and Wartortle core tbh. Fast Piloswine is the best set no cap, outspeed and clean up the opponents w/o getting hit >>> tank hits and hit back.
I wanted another way to get rid of the opponent's item instead of only using Tangela so Theif Golbat fits in extremely well. Also at that time, I was afraid to get cheesed by BD Magmar so I added so much speed so Golbat could outspeed it.
SS Wartortle is the only way to get force Koffing out, and have some fire resistance and a sweeper at the same time. Wartortle also benefits help from Tangela knocking off their checks while Wartortle could get rid of Cors-G's threats.
The match was pretty difficult for Duguo from the start, and I noticed Tlenit changed one of the moves with Sludge Bomb over something(probably synthesis) which is fine too if you want to punish opposing Tangela. Tlenit took this game pretty convincingly otherwise.
This was my favorite team just for the very different structure I usually tend to build and I had to actually think outside of the box on this one.

Tlenit vs Ho3n & Miyami
My man played against both of them at the same time with the same team wtf, the balls of this man.
The best part is that he could have won both of the games, but some big misplays such as not spinning on Turn 49 against Miyami cost him the game. However, the losses didn't cost us the playoffs thankfully though. Not posting the team since those are Tlenit's own ones, so you gotta ask him for the team.

:Electabuzz: :Golbat: :Ferroseed: :Piloswine: :Wartortle: :Clefairy:Tlenit vs King Leo V, Semis
Looking back at my prep against him, Leo was definitely the most difficult person to scout since he builds his teams differently compared to everyone else. But if there was something I knew it was that Leo was vulnerable to more matchups so I took my time to scout his replays to see how I could exploit it to the highest degree. I ended up with Spikes Ferroseed since Leo didn't have the best anti-hazard control and I could see Ferroseed run rampage against Leo's teams at the moment. So I ended up with a hazard stack with wish support. I really liked Clefairy in the team since it was the perfect opportunity for me to finally build a Clefairy with wish, and Clefairy was a perfect mon to deal with the Fraxure shit if Leo pulls that out again rofl. Ebuzz rest/talk is there because Tlenit really likes that set, and it kinda fits in there so I could switch in against some mons like Hattrem. I was pretty happy with how it turned out but I was more curious how Tlenit would use it against Leo. Tlenit got two critical lucky moments that ended Leo's run but I think the match was pretty tough for Leo overall though. His team was definitely interesting though. I guess he expected fire offense or something close to that, but yeah Tlenit took the game convincingly with a classic Wartortle moment.

:Thwackey: :Magmar: :Vullaby: :Wartortle: :Piloswine: :Clefairy:Tlenit vs Lepton, Finals
I was more than prepared to prep, I wanted to build a team that would just tear apart whatever Lepton was going to bring. Besides the obvious Piloswine and Wartortle, I noticed that Lepton has been way comfortable with building more balance types, which ends up their teams being way slower and less speed control focused. It became easier knowing that beauts helped Lepton in semis, so I took it into account. I wanted to build a lot faster, offensive teams since I took a self-scout and noticed I did the same thing. I went through teams I build through the week, but I eventually came back and revisited the team from pools. I adjusted and made changes such as changing Koffing to Clefairy. I lost a wincon but in the process, I had a much easier time checking mons such as Electabuzz. This lets me be able to change the sets of the other teammates potentially for a stronger synergy and flow. E.G I could run faster Piloswine, Shell Smash Wartortle which helps Thwackey for Koffing MU so I could go for Sword Dance on it. I added toxic on Magmar so it punishes Wartortle switch-ins in long term. Clefairy checks the physdef threats and other annoying mons such as Ferroseed, but I added some SpDef EVs so Electabuzz has a low chance to 3hko Clefairy and it kinda helps to tank a hit against opposing SS Wartortle. Trick on Clefairy was definitely something I took from Lepton vs PD at OMWC Semis itself like it makes so much sense since the majority of mons use Eviolite and Clefairy can't tank for shit without Eviolite. IMO this is probably the most optimized team of a Thwackey/Magmar I could make really, and it's not that hard to use it noice. I personally think Lepton had such a hard time progressing the game since our team could answer literally anything back against them just based on the preview. And Tlenit played this excellently and just gave Lepton the hands. Overall I was very happy with this team and would recommend everyone that doesn't know NFE to try this team.

Here are some NFE Teams that I didn't end up using in OMWC. Take a grain of these teams though
https://pokepast.es/fdc9406dcaa5f59e Stallbreaker Golbat
https://pokepast.es/78f4ab8439840caa Same but Ebuzz > Raboot
https://pokepast.es/edab8b928661c689 A team I wanted to build that reminded me early SS NFE lol.
https://pokepast.es/7866351a901f5747 Machoke balance breaker, basically good against teams that rely on Clefairy as their physdef check.
https://pokepast.es/29c46eff49571e44 Cheese Duosion Future Sight x Whirlwind core
https://pokepast.es/a1a3386350f1ac72
https://pokepast.es/f2fe815f3b010ce5 Both are Belly Drum Magmar teams, basically says fuck balance teams lol. I recommend building your own or using one of the teams beauts have made idk lol.

Mix and Mega
I'll just be quick and say that I was definitely not happy with how I played mix n mega in OMWC overall, and I feel pretty sad that it cost the finals. But I think it's a worse fact that I lost to Derpyboi and TectonicDestroyer since I wanted to continue the streak against them hehe. Regardless thanks to Lasen and TNM for giving me an opportunity to play in OMWC instead of me being a supporter. And special thanks for my opponents that gave me a good match, especially to Derpyboi =)

Gman build the team for me vs hybone, so you should ask him for it. My thoughts on that match were that I made my blunders and it cost me the game. Not much else to say more about that game since I felt like I got omega owned.

:Toxapex: :Regieleki: :Groudon: :Kartana: :Milotic: :Ho-Oh: vs TectonicDestroyer, Semis
I've always wanted to build a team around T-spikes with Glalitite Regieleki at some point because as a concept I felt like it had some "broken-ness" synergy together based on the interactions against defoggers/spinners when I theorized a lot. I was especially building around to overwhelm Ho-Oh and Milotic as they became more common for a lot of teams. So I went with a classic balance type of team since I was best at it. And with some help by Jordy and Gman for the prep, I felt like Tect/Redflix would build some offense with the big threats such as Etern and Urshifu-R, added by some defensive mons such as Milotic, Magearna, and Ho-Oh. I think my prep was pretty spot on and the team isn't that bad on its own. For the match itself though, I'm ashamed of how it went out starting from turn 1. I can make every excuse I could think of, but in the end, it was all on me especially the MU was more than likely in my favor, and Tect outplayed me pretty well.

:Pheromosa: :Lunala: :Eternatus: :Magearna: :Swampert: :Kartana: vs Derpyboi, Finals
Sheesh, this week's prep was nothing more than the feeling of frustration and stress. I went through a lot of different teams with Gman, Jordy, and TectonicDestroyer(ty so much for trying btw), but most of them ended up denied. I accepted that building defensive teams doesn't work in the current meta so I had to figure something else. It didn't really help that I grew more paranoid that Derpyboi had Chazm/Beauts support. Jordy said something to me that helped me to calm myself though, so I went with what I liked while having the prep in mind. I ended up with a bulky offense team which I liked a lot honestly. I only wish I had toxic on Pheromosa instead of spin, so I could lure a Ho-Oh switch-ins and let Lunala 1v1 it. But w/o spin it was kinda suspectable to Stealth Rock though. Gonna add some comments to some of the mons here. Lunala set was an old spread where the HP EVs were to get less damage from sand. Eternatus was defense invested while being able to outspeed Urshifu-R, pretty much denying any progress from that mon and other mons too. Magearna was faster than Modest Lucarionite Magnezone and Encore keeps Setup mons at check, Swampert could sit on non-LO Eternatus while having Def EVs bulk to tank stuff, which creates a slight synergy with Kartana Knock Off.
I enjoyed our match despite that weird endgame. I didn't think Xerneas was that bulky like wtf that tanked from a Tough Claws-Stab Move. I could have played better, but I think I did alright enough except for that endgame there. Just sucked to lose when it's in a finals match I'll admit on that.

Thanks to everyone on EU discord and in DMs for all the NFE and MnM discussions and help, you guys know who you are. But there are some special thanks I want to speak up though.
Thank you oops all shiny aka Lasen for personally DMing me and asking me to join the EU team, and it's sad we lost but your team will get it next time. Also nice memes, but I would rather thank you for being a very fun person overall!
My man Ivar57 thanks for being such a homie overall. You're definitely the person I have spoken to the most over EU discord and perhaps in smogon itself in recent months. You've definitely potential to explore other tiers as you have even proved it. But really, I appreciate your presence from testing games, talking, and enjoying things without only it be mons. I've nothing more than wishing you the best in 2022 bro, you're fun.
Quagg my boy Quagsgone, I believe this is the first time we've been on the same team? We have had our weird NFE shenanigans and well we have our periods where either I beat you for a while or you beat me for a while(I gotta hold that L on NFE No Johns). But damn I've definitely talked with you quite on NFE/EU discord, although a bit out of random at times. I guess that's what happens when we live in the same country, and there aren't that many other Norwegians around here. Seriously though, thanks for all the talk, and just be a vibeful person to talk with overall. I hope you're trying other tiers since you have the potential, my man.
6271: Imperial Flagship (SBPC) ty for keeping my mood up while on OMWC bro, Euphonos ay same to you, thanks for those music dms kekeke Antares I just like to @ you tbh, but you've hyped me up in your own way so thanks I appreciate it bro. Hope you all get what you guys want in 2022 :)

For being my first time in playoffs and in finals at a team tour, I'll also announce it will be my last one to join a team tournament. Not only OMPL, but also NFEPL and all the others. I'm not someone that fits in team tours, despite the work I've put into overall. One of the main reasons is because I never played competitive pokemon to win, instead more to learn how competitive mons works, and I could push the meta I am enjoying without playing to win. Team tours are about teams trying to win, which doesn't work for me. While I've had fun at team tours, I can't lie that it has given me unnecessary stress and pressure at the same time since everyone else wants to win here. Unless I've changed my motive to play competitive mons, I'm done with team tours pretty much then. Bitter end beside, thanks to the people that hosted the tournament. It was indeed hype and I'll watch the next ones behind the scenes.

MAMP

MAMP!
had a lot of fun in this tour! in ompl i wasn't familiar with the state of the meta and wasn't giving it my all, but going 0-3 was lame as hell and i became determined to do a bit better here. i tryharded this tour, to the extent that i can, and it was a worthwhile experience. i'm mostly pretty happy with the teams i built and the way i played, although i do feel that i got a bit lucky to go 5-0.

vs ilovescaldburns | team / replay
this opponent was very unpredictable because hispanic lacked an experienced bh builder, so i wanted to bring something with imposter + pivots. found this team with drum aerilate ray in my builder and decided to just run with it. i attempted to build a version of the team without the bad unaware lugia improof but nothing came together quite right. make no mistake: this lugia set is dogshit. considered just not improofing the ray at all but felt that was a bit too risky. main synergy here is that nuzzle dialga lures and paralyses zama-c and imposter, which stop ray from sweeping but can be pushed through once paralysed. eq on ray looks weird, but its a strong drawback free move against zama-c and ohkos fini without risking hitting bunker.

ray didn't get to do anything really this game. i played a bit sloppy, but my opponent seemed quite inexperienced and let their giratina and kyu-b die for no real reason.

vs a loser | team / replay
very basic team, aiming to win by using paralysis and multiple pivots to give opportunities to blacephalon, which gets a kill every time it comes in against most teams. etern is a backup wincon that does a lot of work once blace has punched some holes. the zama set was a much weaker anchor set until like 5 mins before the game but i changed it bc loser never brings imposter.

i should've lost this game, loser made a good choice bringing unburden against me bc i've been building without prankster a bit lately. really lucked out that he hadn't set his evs properly.

vs damflame 3 | team / replay
i've built many variants of double fairy this gen. every fairy resist in the meta feels pretty exploitable and stacking on them with xern + zacian/gear is a fairly reliable breaking strategy. this game was pretty unloseable once i got the full paras on xern to keep up 3 layers, but felt pretty favoured regardless.

vs xavgb | team / replay
built around webs + reshiram but never got to put webs up: so it goes. don't like this team very much, leans too hard on ram as a breaker. when it runs into something ram can't break, like the prankster darm stresh had, the game becomes a slog, like this one did.

vs ivar57 | team / replay
this was a shameless counterteam: i watched a bunch of replays and saw a lot of teams that were very weak to pult from ivar, plus quite a few teams that leaned heavily on primsea zama-c defensively, a prime target to lure with a weird calyrex set. scales zyg-c is a dumb xern lure that worked out nicely this game but felt like a big liability against groudon. not a very good set overall, but can be pretty funny in certain matchups. registeel + yveltal were sorta slapped on at the end without much thought bc i wanted a prankster that could check xern and i wanted some hazard control that could provide more offensive presence and a spectrier check.

shoutouts to asia-pacific, great bunch of lads who all put in a ton of effort and got great results. sorry for making you all stress by not posting my prep in the discord. thanks Redflix in particular who did basically all of the captaining work.

excited for bh open! and for ompl later this year

Branching out to new metagames is always fun, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to explore AAA this tour.

Coming into omwc, I had done a fair bit of aaa as I had participated in the seasonal and in the ladder tournament. After these tours, I had a fairly semi-solid grasp of the metagame where I knew what most pokemon generally ran, and how certain mons synergized together, and would be able to predict some abilities from that. However, I had absolutely no idea how to build AAA. The only good AAA team I had was this guy who's first draft was built by me, and made good by tnm and think. Luckily, I was able to make the time to build a decent chunk of teams, and eventually I was able to get some semi-descent ones out there.

Game 1: Eggs McGee vs. quagsgoneツ (L)
Team: https://pokepast.es/4bb5aafa7e95ae41

For game 1, I had built this team for Eggs McGee. The general idea here was hazards + fini crippling to go late game and eventually win with Blacephalon. The team unfortunately rolled into flash fire Mandibuzz which hard walled Blacaphelon. At the time I was unaware that Toxic Blacephlon was a thing, and if it was then the team actually had quite a decent match up. However, my inexperience cost us here. With regards to the other 6 pokemon tho, the rest of this team had a fairly decent match ups. There were switch ins for everything on the field, albeit decidueye made things difficult. Zapdos had a p decent match up as well, however on this day quags was able to best Eggs.

Game 2: XxSevagxX vs. jrdn (W)
Team: https://pokepast.es/9687ab39bda77ea4

For game 2, I was going up against jrdn. At this point of the tour I was still not fully confident in beating jrdn with balance (i'm still not lmao) so I figured the only was I was winning this would be by bringing cheese. I decided to bring this webs HO team. Ribombee is cool in that I can imprison defog so that the webs can only be removed via spin. The game kinda went as most HO games go, with me setting up and jrdn countering that. After Lando exploded on corv and killed it, and I was able to get my garchomp to successfully get to +2, I thought I had game but then comes this unaware fini set jrdn is running. This fr took me for a loop and I didn't realize it was unaware until way past when I should have. Luckily I had the water absorb exca in the back and jrdn's mind was corrupted from rozess (thought exca was serene grave lmao) and by the time he realized it was water absorb I kind of had a sweep set up, and would be able to flinch my way through that. Got a lucky flinch on the zapdos, but even if that didn't happen i think my sash blace + genesect in the back would prevail. Anywhase, I brought the cheese here and got away with the cheese.

Game 3: XxSevagxX vs. Heracross2.0 (W)
Team: https://pokepast.es/0f710717ab490e85

For game 3, i was playing Heracross2.0. I knew this match up would be pretty difficult since heracross2.0 has been a aaa main for a while and he had previously beaten me in AAA ssnl. Prepping for him, I knew he generally liked to bring banded or specs breakers such as Blacephelon and Terrak, along with hard stall. Thus, I wanted to bring a team which would be able to outlast many of his stall teams, have a hard counter to these breakers, and a wincon that able to beat most of his teams (sflo lele). I was successful in prepping for all of this however I made a huge blunder I forget Heracross2.0 was a zydog user and immediately feared for my life when I loaded up the game and saw that menace on the other side of the field. I didn't really have any switch ins, and it was extremely difficult to play agressively with this team since it was designed to kind of outlast stall. As a result, I most like should have lost this match up. I knew the only way I would be able to kill zydog would be on an overpredict vs. my scarf genesect (predicting u-turn). So, I tried to create this scenario and was successful in doing so after the first sack. This play technically should have never happened, since zydog would have a ton of other opportunities to get KO's but I was luckily able to get a break here. From there on out, I should have had a fairly easy winpath, but some sloppy play from + trick scarf onto my prim sea mandi allowed him to get back into the match. Eventually I was at fault of overpredicting when I moonblasted Heatran, but I got off the hook after Magma Storm miss, and was able to clean up the game from there. A pretty lucky win if I am to be honest, since I feel like I should have lost that one after getting outprepped + predicted at the final moment.

Game 3: XxSevagxX vs. Gostop (W)
Team: https://pokepast.es/f54008effb84ee61

At this point I was starting to get more knowledgeable in building aaa, but as a result I lost my naiveness in builder. I started to notice how there were WAY more breakers in AAA than defensive mons, and the fact that you could prep for everything. I had reached the valley of despair...
1641197670689.png
Thus, I realized that the only way for me to ever feel comfortable with a build in AAA would be an offensive one. Around this time, almost all my teams had scarf regenlando + sflo lele on them, and Osake got mad at me for building the same thing over and over again, and not using anything "heat". Thus he recommended I use tough claws banded Genesect. I was a bit partial against it initially, but after looking at some calcs with espeed I was more convinced. (tough claws adapt eseed ohkoes barraskewda). I couldn't really break out of the sflo lele + scarf lando cycle but I was able to get a team that was more offensive. Idea here is that every guy applied pressure and does a lot of damage, w/ genesect bring in pokemon like corv for sflo lele to come in on. Also sometimes blissey switches in on gene to paralyze it, so hitting those for like 70% with u-turn is great for lele. Come gametime, I felt pretty good about my match up. I felt like genesect would be able to shine, and bring in guys like swampert + fini which lele would be able to abuse since gostop had to answer to it. I was able to trap swampert early and take it out w/ desotran. However, APPROACH THE ROACH, was unfortunately critted by Zarude (I lived that) and was never able to do anything in the game ;-;. Deso tran however also had an incredible match up in this game, and basically got a kill everytime it came in on Zapdos. I was able to use this to my advantage and force an endgame, which I was quite proud of creating, in which there was a clear line for me to play which I would never lose w/o a crit (there was one where I would never lose regardless of crit but oopsie). At this point it was p cool to go 3 - 0, but in all honestly I lucked out vs. jrdn and Heracross2.0 and felt like my record seemed better than my actual AAA abilities.

For semis I didn't play b/c of school and stuff, so quojova took the reigns. He built a p nasty team and played exceptionally well, but unfortunately he got a min roll on Volcarona, and Atha was up to the challenge and played sublimely to bring it home.

OMWC finals: XxSevagxX vs. quagsgoneツ (the grudge match) (W)
Team: https://pokepast.es/373ee6513b2289a1

For this match I really wanted to bring a semi-stall team which would be able to take advantage of perdemos 2 (lightning rod glowking) and this p sick aerilate salamance set. Unfortunately, I was still stuck in the valley of despair and did not feel confident in any of those builds (esp with blace running around). Thus, I resorted to HO again (built around mence tho ofc). Idea here was salamance sets up hazards early and takes out a guy that would otherwise check mence. On preview I thought I was loss cuz triage kiss absolutely owns this team (it gets flamethrower so gene cannot setup on it) and he brought gene which kinda stops my triage lele from outright winning. On turn 1, I wanted to initially set up rocks, but didn't want any rocks in retaliation. So, I decided to avoid that and boom from the get go. Turns out this ferrothorn had protect, and could have made me look like an absolute fool. I didn't think it was clickign that cuz 1. clicking protect vs. HO is v sus & I thought it was regen w/ bliss being bounce + lando being regen. It ended up working, and in came genesect. Turns out this gene was nguard Blizzard which absolutely smokes me and Salamance was the sacrificial lamb. (The MVP lamb he was tho b/c this was pivotal informatino for me to have a shot at winning). I knew I had to take out this guy ASAP and my own Genesect was the only guy to do it. I funnily enough however, shfit geared on it. I figured shift gear would be the correct play b/c no shot is this gene +spe and in case of a switch I'd be in a stellar position (can't swap in kiss b/c i might have iron head and I'm not sure it 1v1s if coming in on a shift gear). Funnily enough tho, he was +spe and I should have just boomed on the spot. Anywhase I ended up not getting paralyzed and getting a favorable role, as he stayed in to get my kill. This was probably the biggest mistake of the game on quagg's part though because he needed gene to take care of my triage lele. However, paralyzing my own genesect was necessary to not get swept by it. A tough position for him, and hard to call a play like that a throw. After we traded, I went dhelmise to ensure that kiss wouldn't be able to set up and win, and ended up trading dhelmise for good chip on toge. From then on out, tapu lele was in a great position to sweep and that it did. I luckily didn't get any paraes and was able to click through the game to win. (I psyshocked lando tho b/c I was scared of wandering spirit, however it couldn't be since he woulda swapped into it earlier so I got off the hook there). I felt like for this game I was also lucky since I loaded up into a pretty terrible match up w/ a cheese team. But, I still played this game really well and felt like I made the only and the necessary plays to win.

It was pretty cool going undefeated & 4-0 but in some ways it feels a bit undeserved since I cheesed twice, got lucky once, and faced an equally inexperienced palyer. Such is the way things go though, and 4-0 does have a nice ring to it.

Anywhase, it's pretty epic to win the whole thing! I'd like to thank OM for hosting and captains Kris and Avery for putting your trust in me to start in AAA and leading us to victory! Ya'll killed it.

I'd also like to thank all my teammates & helpers. It was super awesome building and chatting with you guys and getting to know all of you. I hope we all remain friends in the future while we're still on PS!

Last edited:

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Don't have teams to share unfortunately, but wanted to say your welcome for having me oops all shiny and The Number Man.

Alright, jokes aside. Shame to see Shing'n Streets you dropping out from team tours. This lad is such a workhorse and any team having him can only be thankful. Sometimes you might overthink stuff, but thats part of your nature it seems like. At the end of day you keep spitting good, solid and versatile stuff to roll with. Thanks for your support, I do appreciate it. I kinda owe you the two losses, those are on me. But trust me, when I clicked the wrong move against Miyami in the end game, the butter chicken my delivery guy brought was super delicious. No regrets at all. Playing two games at the time was never an issue, but didn't think the games would last long enough for my delivery guy to arrive and put me in the mixer, sorry :(

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
shoutouts i guess, everything else is in the rmt. i really couldn't ask for a better outcome than this.

Kris Avery thanks for managing the team! you 2 were cool, active, and sponsored stale & incredibly unfunny memes such as DREAM SMP and WEST COAST BEST COAST which really is what team tours are all about. thanks for helping make this season great
XxSevagxX quojova idea lph Onyx Onix 7 Chazm thanks everyone for making me Not Bring Bad Teams and Be Good At Mons. team tours are real hard!!!
Byleth kudos for winning a lot and also having teams for me to use in stab open. diggersby carries
lepton kudos for winning a lot and also beating me in stab open :( gl tho
DerpyBoi youre honestly a great presence in chats! it's great having you around. pretty good at mons too
beauts you're real cool in general & inspire me to win my games! you have some neat ideas in bh as well and i hope to see you go far in open (beat sevag hehe)

free us west discord emoji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)