Pokemon VGC 2011 Warstory: Dallas, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
I EV trained my Thundurus on the way to the VGC, and I managed to finish training him by the time I was there. I found that some obsessed (no offense) Pokemon guys slept in front of the Arlington Convention Center just to get in line.

I went to the line with my new Nike socks and shoes and I got my Battle Box ready and started to battle.

Battle 1:
The guy's lead was Conkeldurr and Braviary, and mine was Mienshao and Thundurus, I used Thunder with Electric Gem, Fake Out on Conkeldurr and it went downhill for the guy after that. I won 4-0.

Battle 2:
My opponent was probably one year younger than me, and he was OK, I guess.
My Mienshao OHKO'ed with Carracosta with Drain Punch and after he killed my Thundurus, my Hydreigon swept with Draco Meteor on the last three Pokemon. So yeah, 3-0.

Battle 3:
I was battling some cool Filipino dude (like me) who had the starters Samurott and Serperior. I used Fake Out on Saumrott, set up Rain Dance and I kept using Thunder. My Hydreigon used the Draco Meteor/White Herb combo to finsih off the match. Won 3-0.

Battle 4:
I was one round closer to the top 16, when I met this blonde kid with curly hair and glasses. His lead was Whimsicott and Haxorus, which was cool. My Thundurus used Taunt on Whimsicott, and Whim had no attack moves so it used Struggle. I OHKO'ed his Haxorus and Terrakion, but then he sent out Reuniculus. After a while, it was one on one, my Jellicent vs Reuniculus. Whimsicott's Tailwind helped Reuniculus, and it used Thunder on Jellicent and it barely survived. I used Shadow Ball, but it didn't OHKO so I lost. It's fine, though it was fun. Lost 0-1.

Good things:
1. I bought two Crunch Bars King Size at the concession stand.
2. A lot of people were wearing NBA Finals Mavs shirt (woohoo!)
3. I went to Sonic for lunch.
4. Almost going to the top 16 like I did last year.
5. Meeting a Filipino guy.
6. Going home early to play my Xbox 360.
7. It was fun.

Bad Things:
1. I lost in the 4th round.
2. Some people really don't know what a high five is. I had some people give me handshakes during battles and I was like "Get with the program, this isn't the 90s!"
3. My dad and I had a talk about girls on the way home. (weird!)

Sooo yeah, it was really fun, and without Smogon RMT analysis, I wouldn't have made it this far. Thanks for reading! Shoutouts to Ashenlock, ImpendingDoom94, and steven(something) the guy with Umbreon avatar!

Nice job dude, i forgot you were going, i was there. i lost first round though :( sigh.. trick room is just too big of a risk. good stuffs seems to be the most efficient way to go for this meta. idk though, trick room can pwn if all goes well.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Nice job dude, i forgot you were going, i was there. i lost first round though :( sigh.. trick room is just too big of a risk. good stuffs seems to be the most efficient way to go for this meta. idk though, trick room can pwn if all goes well.
Hey, can I battle you just for fun? See who wins?

Good things:
1. I bought two Crunch Bars King Size at the concession stand.
2. A lot of people were wearing NBA Finals Mavs shirt (woohoo!)

3. I went to Sonic for lunch.
4. Almost going to the top 16 like I did last year.
5. Meeting a Filipino guy.
6. Going home early to play my Xbox 360.
7. It was fun.
What do these things have to do with the VGC?

lol that talk with your dad must have been a tad awkward anyways sorry to hear about your loss, but at least you had fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)