SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Zippy Zap
  • Base Power: 80
  • PP: 10
  • New effects: 100% chance to boost the user's evasion by 1 stage. (this was technically also in the Let's Go! Games but gamefreak sucks at implementing their own mechanics)
Does this still auto-crit with priority aswell? An Electric type Extreme Speed which autocrits and always buffs evasion is absolutely absurd.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Apparently there's a glitch where, if you try to use an item on a Pokémon at the same time you scroll to an Egg, you can use items on the Egg, such as candies for experience (which can allow evolved Pokémon to hatch at level 1) and TMs/TRs to replace moves (granted, this requires the Pokémon you are scrolling from to be able to learn the move).

The new Pomeg Glitch?
Sorry for bumping a week old post, (well, I'm not that sorry when this glitch is fun to mess with :P) but what happens if you evolve a Nincadia Egg? Do you get Shedinja and what Level is it if you get one? I'd test it myself, but I really need to go to sleep.

Also, a minor amusing thing is if you pull of the glitch with a TM/HM the Egg can't learn, it says that the TM and Egg are incompatible. That somehow feels like even more of an understatement than when you try teaching a Metapod Fire Blast...

EDIT: Vitamins and Dynamax Candies work and the effects stay after hatching, but I'm not able to level it up with Rare/Exp Candies...

I remember getting a really quick game update before I heard about this glitch that Serebii didn't mention, so I assumed it was just the Switch thinking there was an update then not actually doing anything when it realized there was no update, but maybe an update fixed part of the glitch? :/ It could also be because of using a different language or something weird like that. (I play on English if anyone wants to test languages.)

EDIT 2: Maybe I just didn't know how to make Pokemon evolve with this glitch... I'll try that today.

Last edited:
So I had assembled a group of five Linoone for Pickup shenanigans.

I went to a Pokémon Center and as I happened to be there, I healed my Pokémon to restore PP from the Pokémon that was battling while the Linoone were collecting items.

What I noticed is that while Linoone's idle battle animation depicts it in all fours, the Pokémon Center healing animation has it standing on its back feet. I thought they were using the same animations there...

I don't know if this has been tested, but does Aura Wheel get the electric terrain boost when it's dark type?
Thought I'd ask because it was boosted on showdown.

So I had assembled a group of five Linoone for Pickup shenanigans.

I went to a Pokémon Center and as I happened to be there, I healed my Pokémon to restore PP from the Pokémon that was battling while the Linoone were collecting items.

What I noticed is that while Linoone's idle battle animation depicts it in all fours, the Pokémon Center healing animation has it standing on its back feet. I thought they were using the same animations there...
I think that the pokemon center uses the pokemonamie idle animations for some (all?) pokemon. It's more noticable on flying Pokemon. They'r all grounded, which they only do in amie/camp.

OK so the animations thing earlier reminded me: has anyone seen pokemon sleep in pokemon camp?
Amie kind of went overboard. I dont know if ti was EVERY pokemon but I think it was way more than you'd expect: a ton of pokemon had unique, fairly elaborate, sleeping and waking up animations. I'm curious if they just cut those entirely moving forward.
Wouldn't be surprised if assorted other animations got cut too just because Camp doesn't have teh same level of interaction. Like al ot of pokemon had certain "batting" motions but every time i use toys it just plays the attack animation.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
OK so the animations thing earlier reminded me: has anyone seen pokemon sleep in pokemon camp?
Amie kind of went overboard. I dont know if ti was EVERY pokemon but I think it was way more than you'd expect: a ton of pokemon had unique, fairly elaborate, sleeping and waking up animations. I'm curious if they just cut those entirely moving forward.
Wouldn't be surprised if assorted other animations got cut too just because Camp doesn't have teh same level of interaction. Like al ot of pokemon had certain "batting" motions but every time i use toys it just plays the attack animation.
I’ve seen a clip of appletun sleeping in camp, so I assume they’re still in

Apparently there's a glitch where, if you try to use an item on a Pokémon at the same time you scroll to an Egg, you can use items on the Egg, such as candies for experience (which can allow evolved Pokémon to hatch at level 1) and TMs/TRs to replace moves (granted, this requires the Pokémon you are scrolling from to be able to learn the move).

The new Pomeg Glitch?
So what if I tell you this glitch allows us to evolve male Combee and Salandit?

Considering their evolution methods are pretty much made to screw you up, this is one bug I'm happy with.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
So what if I tell you this glitch allows us to evolve male Combee and Salandit?

Considering their evolution methods are pretty much made to screw you up, this is one bug I'm happy with.
My cousin has a Shiny Male Salandit, so he should be glad about this when he can transfer it to Gen 8. I'm feeling a bit dumb though, I was trying to evolve eggs by feeding them candies by pressing Down and A at the same time. (That wastes Exp/Rare candies, but it can make the egg use Dynamx Candies, Vitamins, and TMs/TRs. I haven't tested EV Berries.) This is way easier and it works!

Sorry for bumping a week old post, (well, I'm not that sorry when this glitch is fun to mess with :P) but what happens if you evolve a Nincadia Egg? Do you get Shedinja and what Level is it if you get one? I'd test it myself, but I really need to go to sleep.
I tried this now that I know how to do it and I got a Shedinja Egg NAMED Shedinja.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the base odds for finding a Brilliant Aura Pokemon? I know how much the base odds get boosted based on the number of mons you catch or battle, but I don't know what the base odds are. "1.6x" doesn't mean much when I don't know what 1x represents

Is there any information about how catch rates work in these games? It seems pretty likely that they are very different from the capture mechanics in previous gens but I haven't been able to find any reliable information about how it works.

Is there any information about how catch rates work in these games? It seems pretty likely that they are very different from the capture mechanics in previous gens but I haven't been able to find any reliable information about how it works.
There was testing by, I think, dragonfree that seemed to point that there's a catch rate penalty in place if you are lower level than the pokemon you are trying to capture, with this penalty lifted after beating the game. They used special balls and the catch rates seemed to line up otherwise, though.

But beyond that I don't think anything has been determined. If I ever start the game over, though, I am incredibly tempted to just buy 100 great balls and start chucking balls to see what's going on, because it's been very unusual to see so many people (even those outside of enthusiast forums) notice issues with catching things that shouldn't cause trouble at all and the great ball in particular has been a point of contention .

...For standard captures, anyway. For raids, we have some hard numbers
Standard pokemon, Solo or as Host: 100%
Standard pokemon, Assist: Species catch rate (not flat %, the actual catch rate)
Gigantamax pokemon, Solo: 100%
Gigantamax pokemon, Host: Catch rate 20
Gigantamax pokemon, Assist: Catch rate 3 (NOT A TYPO)
Standard event pokemon (ie: if you run into a normal snorlax right now), Solo, Host or Assist: Species catch rate
Gigantamax event pokemon (ie: if you run into a g-max drednaw right now), Solo or as Host: Catch rate 20
Gigantamax event pokemon, Assist: Catch Rate 3

dhelmise

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
What are the new happiness mechanics people in National Dex OU keep talking about? I couldn't find any source here.
The happiness number only goes up to 160 in this generation and thus makes the highest base power Return can reach 64. Though there is a natdex mechanics thread so next time i would ask there.

The happiness number only goes up to 160 in this generation and thus makes the highest base power Return can reach 64. Though there is a natdex mechanics thread so next time i would ask there.
I'm interested in source for this change, not in natdex interactions.

...Which to be fair is a neat change, actually prevents you from getting happiness bonuses if you don't use camp during the story.
Wait, happiness bonuses (increased stats with happiness) is still a thing from Let's Go? Or are you talking about affection bonuses which have always required the Amie-equivalent?

Wait, happiness bonuses (increased stats with happiness) is still a thing from Let's Go? Or are you talking about affection bonuses which have always required the Amie-equivalent?
Affection does not exist anymore - whatever Affection gave is now given by Friendship instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)