Format Discussion Pokemon Sun/Moon Random Battle sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
I got earthquake / double edge / rock slide / zhb tauros with sheer force; it's not the absolute worst (double edge is at least 100% accurate vs. rock climb) but it seems weird and I thought there was actually a thing that restricted this from happening?

I got earthquake / double edge / rock slide / zhb tauros with sheer force; it's not the absolute worst (double edge is at least 100% accurate vs. rock climb) but it seems weird and I thought there was actually a thing that restricted this from happening?
Rock slide and Zen headbutt are both sheer force moves, so there was no reason to prevent sheer force from being chosen as its ability.

Approved by TheImmortal

We are now welcoming suggestions on fixing some movesets we have right now. Please use this thread.
This is the Single Random Battle thread. For doubles, click here.

What is OK to post?
Screenshots of bad movesets/items/abilities or an accurate description of the set.
Suggestion about adding new moves/items to the sets but supported by a good argomentation.

What is NOT OK to post?
One liners suggestions.
Screenshot of movesets that are not actually bad.
Post complaining about unfairness and hax about teams.
Anything that is illegal on the pokemon.

KEEP IN MIND THAT
Every pokemon has 84 ev in every stat, so consider this before telling a set is "bad".
We may not accept your suggestion.
It's random battle, something should be random. We are not looking for one single viable set. If you wanna play that way, play Battle Factory.
In random battle unreleased abilities are legit and so are allowed some illegal egg moves combo.

You can find all the Pokemon info on https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/
You can find current move sets at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/master/data/formats-data.js
Approved by TheImmortal

We are now welcoming suggestions on fixing some movesets we have right now. Please use this thread.

What is OK to post?
Screenshots of bad movesets/items/abilities or an accurate description of the set.
Suggestion about adding new moves/items to the sets but supported by a good argomentation.

What is NOT OK to post?
One liners suggestions.

KEEP IN MIND THAT
Every pokemon has 84 ev in every stat, so consider this before telling a set is "bad".
It's random battle, something should be random. We are not looking for one single viable set. If you wanna play that way, play Battle Factory.
In random battle unreleased abilities are legit and so are allowed some illegal egg moves combo.

You can find current move sets at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/master/data/formats-data.js
Approved by TheImmortal

What is OK to post?

What is NOT OK to post?
One liners suggestions.

KEEP IN MIND THAT

*I apologize if I'm doing this wrong, I don't know how to work this*

Doesn't this seem redundant? Limber ability prevents paralysis, but a Cheri berry cures it... Am I missing something?

Attachments

*I apologize if I'm doing this wrong, I don't know how to work this*

Doesn't this seem redundant? Limber ability prevents paralysis, but a Cheri berry cures it... Am I missing something?

It's the current meme set. There's at least always 1 meme set, the last one was Rotom Fan with Air Balloon.

Limber prevents paralysis, Electric-type prevents paralysis, Ground-type prevents Thunder Wave, and if they somehow get through all that, Cheri Berry!

yeah it's a meme set

Is it just me or is Type:Null, like, really good in this meta? I truly feel like level 89 is too high for it.

Also, just because I'm curious and would like to know, what were the reasons behind going from lvl 73-83 (84 for a moment, not counting exceptions) to lvl 78-89? Poor Unown.

Is it just me or is Type:Null, like, really good in this meta? I truly feel like level 89 is too high for it.

Also, just because I'm curious and would like to know, what were the reasons behind going from lvl 73-83 (84 for a moment, not counting exceptions) to lvl 78-89? Poor Unown.
The reason was to be able to set more “joke” mons to level 100. I don’t like the idea of setting custom levels for Pokemon so we decided that really bad mons would be 100 or nothing. In the previous scale, some of these Pokémon were a bit too much at level 100, such as Castform. With the new scale, Castform is more balanced and we added Delibird too (and maybe more in the future!). Unown is trash either way.

The reason was to be able to set more “joke” mons to level 100. I don’t like the idea of setting custom levels for Pokemon so we decided that really bad mons would be 100 or nothing. In the previous scale, some of these Pokémon were a bit too much at level 100, such as Castform. With the new scale, Castform is more balanced and we added Delibird too (and maybe more in the future!). Unown is trash either way.
Oh, that makes sense. I did notice Castform was really strong when it first got put at level 100.
but pls b nice 2 unown

What's the point of having these two fire moves on the same set
Flare Blitz can net KO's that Sacred Fire can't.

Sacred Fire is a safer play when you expect a switch, as you might punish a fire-resisting physical attacker of switching in with a burn.

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
roost / stone edge / acro / sub hawlucha @ sitrus berry

idk how to fix this but the set is really really bad

Is there any way to force tailwind when Vespiquen gets destiny bond? It's completely useless against a big chunk of the meta otherwise. I've had d-bond vespiquen without tailwind a couple times now and it never came useful.

Or maybe something more generic in the likes of
IF ((Speed or Base Speed < X) AND (Doesn't know speed boosting move or trick room)) -> discard Destiny Bond

It's just pretty bad, and if this can't be done, I feel like the previous stall sets were more useful.

Is there any way to force tailwind when Vespiquen gets destiny bond? It's completely useless against a big chunk of the meta otherwise. I've had d-bond vespiquen without tailwind a couple times now and it never came useful.

Or maybe something more generic in the likes of
IF ((Speed or Base Speed < X) AND (Doesn't know speed boosting move or trick room)) -> discard Destiny Bond

It's just pretty bad, and if this can't be done, I feel like the previous stall sets were more useful.
I assume you mean Drifblim?

Can we at the very least remove Charge Beam? Roost is a somewhat questionable choice with Emolga's paper thin defenses.

As for replacement there quite a few options Knock Off, Nuzzle, Defog etc.

View attachment 173793
Can we at the very least remove Charge Beam? Roost is a somewhat questionable choice with Emolga's paper thin defenses.

As for replacement there quite a few options Knock Off, Nuzzle, Defog etc.
Personnally, I kind of like charge beam. It has won me several games, especially when combined with encore and/or roost. But, in terms of utility, it's true something like knock off or nuzzle would be useful. But I like the pikachu clones providing different options, and we already have 3 nuzzlers in pachirisu, togedemaru and dedenne. No knock off or defog amongst them yet, though. Dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)