Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Am I the only one that finds it kinda hilarious that out of 3 starters based on birds, none of them are actually Flying type? Two of them are weak to Ground and two of them are weak to Flying itself. That's just so contraditory and I love it

Last edited:
Am I the only one that finds it kinda hilarious that out of 3 starters based on birds, none of them are actually Flying type? Two of them are weak to Ground and two of them are weak to Flying itself. That's just so contraditort and I love it
Only one is weak to ground and one is weak to flying.

Am I the only one that finds it kinda hilarious that out of 3 starters based on birds, none of them are actually Flying type? Two of them are weak to Ground and two of them are weak to Flying itself. That's just so contraditory and I love it
Well, two of them are based on flightless birds (well, somewhat so for chickens). The irony does come when the one that is based on a bird that can fly loses its Flying-type in its final evolution.

Are there any possible moves besides Magnet Rise that allow Pokémon to levitate?

I would just find it incredibly awkward for an owl that used to normally avoid ground type attacks to never be able to do it again. I'm sure there is enough more to make sense though.

Are there any possible moves besides Magnet Rise that allow Pokémon to levitate?

I would just find it incredibly awkward for an owl that used to normally avoid ground type attacks to never be able to do it again. I'm sure there is enough more to make sense though.
There's also the ability levitate, which could still be its hidden ability .
That would be pretty disappointing

Decidueye is literally Oliver Queen, I loved the leaks back then and I love it now. From the looks of it, it and Incineroar are going to be physically based while Primarina is the special attacker.

Also Red having 96 on his shirt is a nice touch... though after weeks of playing Overwatch I'm literally going to refer to him as Trainer: 96 now... I can just imagine that...

Red: ... ... ... (Back in my day we'd become the champion already!)

Something about EQ being able to hit Decidueye sets me off too. I kinda think GF should program in that pokemon that look like they naturally levitate or fly(Bird) have a secret Flying type added to them that doesn't affect stab or weaknesses but PURELY to be immune to ground cause it looks correct for my dam flying Beedrill to not get hit by the Earth when its in the air. and to compensate make flightless birds hitable by Ground that ARE flying like Dodou and Dodrio. With some pokemon I don't like how some pokemon get Levitate just so it can't be hit by ground cause it wouldn't seem right visually when it could have a secret flying type and a better ability as well. I'd rather not question myself (if I was a casual) when I see something float or fly if it can be hit by Ground or not.

Something about EQ being able to hit Decidueye sets me off too. I kinda think GF should program in that pokemon that look like they naturally levitate or fly(Bird) have a secret Flying type added to them that doesn't affect stab or weaknesses but PURELY to be immune to ground cause it looks correct for my dam flying Beedrill to not get hit by the Earth when its in the air. and to compensate make flightless birds hitable by Ground that ARE flying like Dodou and Dodrio. With some pokemon I don't like how some pokemon get Levitate just so it can't be hit by ground cause it wouldn't seem right visually when it could have a secret flying type and a better ability as well. I'd rather not question myself (if I was a casual) when I see something float or fly if it can be hit by Ground or not.
That would be an interesting mechainic that I would be in favor of.
Just make a hidden "bird" type...MissingNo. reborn.

The only problem I could see with a hidden Flying type that the user doesn't get Stab from and its only purpose being immune to Ground attack would be a influx of crazy good mons that float/fly having a new immunity that some may have been really or regularly weak too possibly making some mons too good with a hidden flying type sadly.

Telekinesis but it's a targetted move.

Gen 6 introduced a mechanic i felt was underutilized. Trick or treat and forests curse actually could add a third type to a pokemon. I'd like to see a move called "soar" or something, that adds flying type to the user until they switch out. Only learned by non-flying types that look like they can fly, like Decidueye, venomoth, or even stuff like druddigon or dunsparse. They have wings, right?
Not sure how useful such a move would be, but it would be pretty flavorful.

Gen 6 introduced a mechanic i felt was underutilized. Trick or treat and forests curse actually could add a third type to a pokemon. I'd like to see a move called "soar" or something, that adds flying type to the user until they switch out. Only learned by non-flying types that look like they can fly, like Decidueye, venomoth, or even stuff like druddigon or dunsparse. They have wings, right?
Not sure how useful such a move would be, but it would be pretty flavorful.
Probably not useful as a move set for a competitive mon but more of a gimicky set you'd face against random people (Then again it'd be interesting for a predictive move for a read on a Ground move). I'd rather it just be a inherent trait to a pokemon with wings/floats. like how we all look at the water and ask why our swimming pokemon can't inherently let us Surf on it without Surf, Or Fly with birds, Cut with pokemon with Blades for arms, etc Or just swim in the ocean like the 50 houndred swimmers you face on your way to a city.

Probably not useful as a move set for a competitive mon but more of a gimicky set you'd face against random people. I'd rather it just be a inherent trait to a pokemon with wings/floats. like how we all look at the water and ask why our swimming pokemon can't inherently let us Surf on it without Surf, Or Fly with birds, Cut with pokemon with Blades for arms, etc Or just swim in the ocean like the 50 houndred swimmers you face on your way to a city.
Well, now they can let us ride on their backs without Surf or Fly.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yeah, Decidueye joins a list of Pokemon who look like they should be immune to Ground-type attacks but aren't. You COULD justify it, if you notice Decidueye folds its hands under its shoulder and to fly it looks like it'll need to have them spread out, so you could take that as Decidueye giving up its flying Ability to focus on being stealthy and its archery. It's weak but its the only justification I can see, at least its better than Beedrill or Volcarona who is seen flying in the air but still take Ground-type damage (and if it wasn't for their Bug-type they would take super effective damage from it).

I do agree they do need to make a Magnet Rise for winged Pokemon who aren't Electric or Steel. I always thought it would be called something like "Flutter".

Logically I still think Decidueye can fly because it is a sniper and from an evolution it would make sense to keep a flying trait to take advantage of any vantage point.

Decidueye taking damage from ground type moves makes perfect sense to me. The whole gimmick of Decidueye is that it's an archer that uses his wings as a bow now how can it do that if it was flying? So i think Decidueye focused more on its stealth and archery and less on flying thus gaining the ghost type and losing the flying type. Furthermore it's based on stilt owls as someone in one of the three discussion threads pointed out. According to Wikipedia these owls are extinct and may have spent most of their time on the ground and hunting at night.

We finally got a flightless bird that is not immune to ground type unlike doduo and Dodrio so I don't know why people are bothered by it.

Cause when I think a flying Sniper I think they fly to a high place where they can snipe. I wasn't implying that it could fly and shoot at the same time. But I guess it could use Vine Whip as a grappling hook. But still if it was meant to be a flightless bird then I think they should have reduced its Wing Span and length. Its weird imagining a flightless bird with those large wings.

Cause when I think a flying Sniper I think they fly to a high place where they can snipe. I wasn't implying that it could fly and shoot at the same time. But I guess it could use Vine Whip as a grappling hook. But still if it was meant to be a flightless bird then I think they should have reduced its Wing Span and length. Its weird imagining a flightless bird with those large wings.
It uses its wings as a bow can't do that if it had short wing span :p

Yeah, Decidueye joins a list of Pokemon who look like they should be immune to Ground-type attacks but aren't. You COULD justify it, if you notice Decidueye folds its hands under its shoulder and to fly it looks like it'll need to have them spread out, so you could take that as Decidueye giving up its flying Ability to focus on being stealthy and its archery. It's weak but its the only justification I can see, at least its better than Beedrill or Volcarona who is seen flying in the air but still take Ground-type damage (and if it wasn't for their Bug-type they would take super effective damage from it).

I do agree they do need to make a Magnet Rise for winged Pokemon who aren't Electric or Steel. I always thought it would be called something like "Flutter".
I'm on board, if for no other reason than me wanting to see the text "Ribombee used Flutter!" Too cute, too cute.

So, the datamine has revealed something interesting. So, apparently the in-game check for whether you have a Z-Ring or not refers to it as the Zenryoku Ring, meaning we know know what the Z in Z-Ring means. For all those curious "zenryoku" is Japanese for "full force", making Z-Moves "Full Force Moves", which is quite fitting.

Also, to chime in on the game having a check in place for whether or not you have a Mega Ring, aka this:

• I'm a bit skeptical of this one. We know they left in all the Mega Items in the code so just because there's a Mega Ring doesn't mean it'll be used. Also didn't we see the player using the Z-Ring to Mega Evolve?
My best guess is that they use the "Mega Ring" check to check whether or not your Z-Ring has a Key Stone in it, but they just decided to keep the in-code text untouched, since it wouldn't matter what was hidden beneath the surface in terms of gameplay.

Bad jokes were made with the other two examples, so someone might as well make a bad joke withe the last one.

Steel Golduck.

Why? Steel is the perfect type for a Gold Golduck.

(I will give a disappointed face palm to anyone who likes this shamelessly unoriginal pun.)
To be perfectly honest: i kinda would like a Water/Psychic Alolan Golduck because I honestly forget it is Pure Water-type sometimes and think it is that type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)