Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

My theory on the new Turtle: It's a regular Pokemon and Terapagos is a Paradox counterpart, or an inverse relationship where one is derived from the other ala Silvally and Arceus (maybe Terapagos is the original and this new Turtle is the "imaginary" nature of Paradoxes to mass produce one instead).

My only grounds for this being that the Kubfu/Cosmog/Calyrex mechanics were basically a way to enforce Version exclusives, which I'm not sure I see them doing since so far Terapagos is the only mon of this nature/resemblance we've seen, and it was a "full-evo" type of look. It also seems like it's meant to be an "all-types" gimmick mon, which removes the sort of Type + Playstyle difference Urshifu and Calyrex forms had as factors as well on the same mon (Solgaleo/Lunala being two separate big box-art mons rather than different Formes of the same species)

I'll be honest these two feel so close together in a way that Cyclizar/the box legends didn't. Like with the box legends they feel a step removed, enough that you can see the Cyclizar in them but different enough that them being stand alone kind of works.

On the flip side, they also don't feel so similar that its purposeful, aka what almost every other paradox form aims for.

Meanwhile this is exactly what you would design if you wanted an earlier stage of a Pokemon.

I shall dub this new turtle friend “Tortera.” Wait…

Anyway, I kind of think this’ll be either a pre-evolution or a Carbink/Diancie sort of thing. Right now, with how the blurb on the official site says it can pull its head and limbs into its shell to resemble a jewel, I’m sort of wondering if it’ll turn out that the hexagonal crystals inside of each Tera Orb is one of these Pokémon, and that’s why you hear that cry-like sound whenever you Terastallize a Pokémon. Tera Orbs would actually be a sort of Poké Ball, and Terastallization is a bit like sending the little turtle into battle, but in an unusual way.

Dammit, I'm reminded of a now infamous post from the S/V subreddit

R.I.P to Shuckle, guess slime molds are not turtely enough for the turtle club.
I mean, I personally wouldn’t immediately think of Shuckle as a turtle, but I can at least see the argument for that more than I can for Avalugg or Metagross.

Meanwhile, both OP and the resultant comment section just straight-up forgot about Enamorus-T :smogduck:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I was originally thinking it was going to be a Zygarde Cell kinda mon, but the fact they specifically stated that its name is unknown makes me think its not a Terapagos form (in which case idt they would make a whole new mon species that's not usable in battle in any way like the cells).

Definitely leaning more towards pre-evolution I feel. Wonder if Horizons will have more lore about it revealed between now and the Indigo Disk's release

Something else I haven't seen anyone mention-

1681754997564.png

The turtle seems to be inside the the Tera Orbs

Last edited:
Something tells me it might be more Cosmog just because it is literally a living mcguffin judging by the anime
Yeah, between the anime depiction and the extended description on the website explicitly calling it not very strong I don't exactly have particularly high hopes for it being more than a macguffin, but I sure would like to get to actually use it for more than switch fodder during the story.

View attachment 508494
I don't think I'd ever considered Metagross to be a turtle, and avalugg is kind of a stretch too, but if I were to ever make a mono-turtle team for a playthrough I'd be happy enough granting them and shuckle honorary turtle status.

Nothing particularly relevant but the two paradox raids are coming back in may if you missed them.

There is also a SV update coming tomorrow, prolly just more stability/bugfixes though as nothing really was announced regarding it.
We know what the update is because they announced it like a month ago: it fixes the bad egg issue for people who were able to play the raids without the update data.

We know what the update is because they announced it like a month ago: it fixes the bad egg issue for people who were able to play the raids without the update data.
That bit I knew, I was just subtly hoping they snuck some more stability stuff in it.

One can still dream the game eventually gets to at least stable 20ish fps... :|

Sadly "soon(tm)" is still the only thing we know.

No date, no details on the functinality, nothing at all.

I still don't quite get why they have to be so obscure about it, it's not exactly a game release and isn't even something that brings them revenue (as who pays Home sub still will, and who doesn't likely still won't), SURELY they can't be having technical problems with it...

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Usually HOME compatibility historically speaking is stealth-dropped without prior announcement, so it's generally not to be expected that they will officially announce when it happens well in advance.

That said, it is admittedly frustrating that it's taking so unusually long this time around for HOME compatibility in SV to happen. Based on precedent, SwSh and PLA both gained HOME compatibility a mere three months after they released, which is a relatively reasonable wait time. We are already five months past the release of SV and there is still absolutely no sign of HOME compatibility in sight.

They said Spring 2023 would be the time, which means either later this month or in May ideally. But even then this is still admittedly an unusually long wait period compared to both Gen 8 games beforehand.

The only game that had a longer wait period than this was that third-party remake we call BDSP but we all know that was created by another developer and was for all intents and purposes tied at the hip to PLA, and likely was always intended to get HOME compatibility at the same time that PLA was, and PLA was released later than BDSP and PLA itself was both made by Game Freak and had a similar wait period for HOME compatibility that SwSh had.

I'm guessing early May is the HOME release. They've given us the fan favourite starters (Charizard, Cinderace, Greninja) and the OG forms of the Hisui starters (Who were all given tera types that their Hisui counterparts are strong against) which is just a nice nod to Legends, I guess.

Of course there's Delphox, Chesnaught, Inteleon and Rillaboom left, but I doubt they would bother giving them their own raids. The Gen 8 starters are in the game so they always make most starters available in the generation after (Just how Gen 7 starters were in the data for SWSH) and the only logical reason I have for Gen 6 is that it would be weird to include Greninja but not the others outright (I'm instantly contradicted by Gen 5, kinda, so at this point, I genuinely dunno) I'm also guessing they wanted us to do these super hard raids using everything we catch/theorise from SV, whereas after HOME raids can be done using transfers incl legends.

Either way, I think they are done with the pre-HOME raids with the conclusion of Iron Leaves/Walking Wake again and the fact that the Blissey raids are running again in tandem with the final raid.

The above probably means nothing and I'm just clutching, but given that the new raids end on the 1st May is an indication, I'm betting on it being that first week otherwise they've sailed by their Early 2023 / early Spring window regardless of how you look at it.

EDIT: Nevermind I got the dates wrong :zonger:

Last edited:
I'm guessing early May is the HOME release. They've given us the fan favourite starters (Charizard, Cinderace, Greninja) and the OG forms of the Hisui starters (Who were all given tera types that their Hisui counterparts are strong against) which is just a nice nod to Legends, I guess.

Of course there's Delphox, Chesnaught, Inteleon and Rillaboom left, but I doubt they would bother giving them their own raids. The Gen 8 starters are in the game so they always make most starters available in the generation after (Just how Gen 7 starters were in the data for SWSH) and the only logical reason I have for Gen 6 is that it would be weird to include Greninja but not the others outright (I'm instantly contradicted by Gen 5, kinda, so at this point, I genuinely dunno) I'm also guessing they wanted us to do these super hard raids using everything we catch/theorise from SV, whereas after HOME raids can be done using transfers incl legends.

Either way, I think they are done with the pre-HOME raids with the conclusion of Iron Leaves/Walking Wake again and the fact that the Blissey raids are running again in tandem with the final raid.

The above probably means nothing and I'm just clutching, but given that the new raids end on the 1st May is an indication, I'm betting on it being that first week otherwise they've sailed by their Early 2023 / early Spring window regardless of how you look at it.
A minor correction: the Wake/Leaves raids don't end on May 1st, they start on May 1st

Of course there's Delphox, Chesnaught, Inteleon and Rillaboom left, but I doubt they would bother giving them their own raids. The Gen 8 starters are in the game so they always make most starters available in the generation after (Just how Gen 7 starters were in the data for SWSH) and the only logical reason I have for Gen 6 is that it would be weird to include Greninja but not the others outright (I'm instantly contradicted by Gen 5, kinda, so at this point, I genuinely dunno)
I think the explanation is simply that Gen 6 starters skipped Gen 8 Dexit, so they didn't want them gone from 2 Gens in a row, Greninja just being featured because it's the breakout starter of its trio even if all 3 are in the data.

Tangential, but I really hope that with Home and the DLC, the Raid Pool can expand to add a few past-gen Pokemon being added, or maybe stuff like Regional variants on already-raiding Mons like Quagsire for Clod or Sneasler for Weavile.

View attachment 508494
Yeah, between the anime depiction and the extended description on the website explicitly calling it not very strong I don't exactly have particularly high hopes for it being more than a macguffin, but I sure would like to get to actually use it for more than switch fodder during the story.

I don't think I'd ever considered Metagross to be a turtle, and avalugg is kind of a stretch too, but if I were to ever make a mono-turtle team for a playthrough I'd be happy enough granting them and shuckle honorary turtle status.
In the minorest of timely news, Pokemon's social media seems to be happy to count Avalugg and Shuckle as members of the turtle club!

edit: they are really going on and on about turtle mons today. I guess it's just in honor of baby terapagos' reveal, but would like to believe April 28 is going to deliver more turtle news :P

Last edited:
The Cud Chew change has, in fact, been 'fixed'; along with a long list of other changes

Friendly Competition registration time has been altered so you can now enter until the end of the competition
Link Battles

Fixed a bug in Link Battles where selecting Swap in just before the selection timer reached zero could fail to switch in the selected Pokémon and subsequently cause switching — and the battle itself — to act abnormally.
Fixed a bug in Link Battles where once the remaining time for the battle was under one minute, it would no longer be displayed where it was supposed to.
Fixed a bug that occurred in Link Battles where, depending on the move being used at the time a Pokémon fainted, the amount of time a Trainer received to select their next Pokémon was reduced.

Battles

Fixed a bug where the Cud Chew Ability would trigger again once every two turns after it triggered the first time, contrary to what is written in the Ability description.
Fixed a bug that occurred when Zoroark Terastallized while using its Illusion Ability to disguise itself as another Pokémon. On the Check Status screen, the Terastallized Zoroark's type would display as the original type of the Pokémon it had disguised itself as, rather than Zoroark's Tera Type.
Fixed a bug that occurred when Zoroark used its Illusion Ability to disguise itself as another Pokémon that had already Terastallized. This bug caused Zoroark's type on the Check Status screen to incorrectly display as the Tera Type of the Pokémon Zoroark had disguised itself as.
Fixed a bug in Double Battles with moves that cause stat changes for the Pokémon using the moves. This bug caused the stat changes to incorrectly happen twice if the user hit two opposing Pokémon with the move while an opposing Pokémon was behind a Substitute.

Pokémon GO Connectivity

Fixed the main issue causing the game to crash on the screen used to pair with a Pokémon GO account.

Other

Fixed a bug affecting Trainers who received Hisuian Zoroark from the Mystery Gift screen as a special early-purchase bonus for The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet without first having seen Zoroark in their game. This bug caused Zoroark to be incorrectly displayed as registered in these Trainers' Pokédexes.
Other select bug fixes have been implemented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)