Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

What, an actually good showcase of the mechanic in the single player campaign, showcasing the possible usage in competitive?

That's illegal.
I think it depends. If they use the gimmick like the AI does in past gens, that is using it immediately, it just means the grass type gym leader who owns a rock type will just make the rock type into a grass and get 6-0ed by my fire or flying type as per usual.

If the AI is smart enough to analyze type matchups... well neat, I might actually have to switch Pokémon once.

Updated Paldea checklist:

1662559266064.png

Color code:
- Green: this Pokemon is present in the SV Pokedex,
- Dark Green: this Pokemon has a new Regional Form
- Light Green: this Pokemon is likely to be present in the SV Pokedex.

New confirmations:
- Drowzee, Hypno,
- Bonsly, Sudowoodo,
- Dunsparce,
- Sneasel, Weavile, (Sneasler),
- Teddiursa, Ursaring, (Ursaluna),
- Meditite, Medicham,
- Torkoal,
- Zangoose,
- Tropius,
- Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra,
- Oricorio,
- Komala,

I really liked this trailer. Klawf is my favorite this time, but the Fire Warriors are pretty great too!

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

i can literally see the game will explain how this is a giant enemy crab and you have to attack its weak point for massive damage as if nobody knows of typechart. and then you activate anger shell and it sweeps your team lol amazing ability tbh

also megaman and zero as pokemon hell yea ive wanted to spam fire type close combat and a fire type drain punch

lastly theres a new move called trailblaze used by sudowoodo, its grass type move but who knows what itll be, as long as it isnt priority grass move thats given to kartana im fine.

A new trailer and the list of Pokemon not in an HD game drops to 44.

1. Snivy
  2. Servine
  3. Serperior
  4. Tepig
  5. Pignite
  6. Emboar
  7. Patrat
  8. Watchog
  9. Pansage
  10. Simisage
  11. Pansear
  12. Simisear
  13. Panpour
  14. Simipour
  15. Blitzle
  16. Zebstrika
  17. Sewaddle
  18. Swadloon
  19. Leavanny
  20. Ducklett
  21. Swanna
  22. Alomomola
  23. Meloetta
  24. Chespin
  25. Quilladin
  26. Fennekin
  27. Braixen
  28. Delphox
  29. Froakie
  30. Frogadier
  31. Greninja
  32. Litleo
  33. Pyroar
  34. Furfrou
  35. Hoopa
  36. Pikipek
  37. Trumbeak
  38. Toucannon
  39. Yungoos
  40. Gumshoos
  41. Crabrawler
  42. Crabominable
  43. Minior
  44. Bruxish
(Unovan Samurott is also the lone regional form that has not been in an HD game yet)

Gen 7 is now but 5 Pokemon families and 9 total Pokemon away from seeing every single Pokemon from Alola on the switch. Gen 6 also needs just 6 families, but comes with the burden of needing to put in the starters and a Pokemon with entirely too many variations with Furfrou. Gen 5 has a ton still with over half the list and 12 families. Honestly with so many weird families to worm in, I would not be surprised if they are further neglected in SV. Perhaps it's ridiculous to speculate at this point in the middle of another game's release schedule but this all seems to line up pretty nicely so far for them to be setting the table for some Gen 5 Pokemon to be missed for an eventual remake.

Real excited to see the Teddiursa and Goomy lines back as well. Things are looking good for most of the new Pokemon evolutions and the Hisuian forms to show up in SV!

So I don't know if I missed a detail that ties into this, but Armarouge and Ceruledge have designs that remind me a lot of Gallade (if not the Gardevoir line in general), with armor on.

The rounded head shape (visible even below the "mask" on their helms), the Humanoid build with relatively sleek/thin limbs, filling out the design space with additional-but-still-sleek "clothing" (Gardevoir's gown, Gallade's blades and whatever's on his hips), a Physical/Special duality between counterparts, Ceruledge's Arms being blades as opposed to wielding them (like Gallade's extensions), and this last one is probably coincidence, but Ceruledge's Height is exactly the same as Gardevoir/Gallade at 5'3"/1.6 m tall (this mostly sticks out because of all the other design similarities, otherwise I'd have just assumed coincidence).

I wonder if they might have started as Paldean Gardevoir/Gallade designs at one point, but assuming there's no connection now, my impression of them is being "that pair of (single-stage?) Pokemon that appear together a few times in the anime, or version exclusives despite pairing together", akin to Hitmonlee/Chan before Tyrogue, Magmar/Electabuzz, Scyther/Pinsir (later Pinsir/Heracross), Zangoose/Seviper, Sawk/Throh, etc.

Those types of Pokemon (and/or their evolutions) have quite the spectrum of performance, whether as in-game Pokemon or in Competitive battling, so without checking leaks for yet more info, I'm very much in wait-and-see for how they'll play, though I find the designs themselves pretty sick (though I liked the Ralts evos' designs that I made several comparisons to so that might be a bias)

I think it's interesting how Champion is a "title" multiple people can have. It's just a Rank anyone and multiple people can strive for and have.
I mean, the Indigo League has at least three people who can be called Champion (Lance, Blue, and Red). Steven had Wallace take his place according to the Delta Episode ending, and Alder chose Iris as his successor, but still showed up to the champions tournament at the PWT.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wonder if they might have started as Paldean Gardevoir/Gallade designs at one point, but assuming there's no connection now, my impression of them is being "that pair of (single-stage?) Pokemon that appear together a few times in the anime, or version exclusives despite pairing together", akin to Hitmonlee/Chan before Tyrogue, Magmar/Electabuzz, Scyther/Pinsir (later Pinsir/Heracross), Zangoose/Seviper, Sawk/Throh, etc.
I'm also thinking it's very possible they're branched evolutions who are derived from the same pre-evolution but are version-exclusive, in the vein of Flapple and Appletun from Sword and Shield. The fact that Armarouge is scarlet and Ceruledge is violet leads me to believe that the former is Scarlet exclusive while the latter is Violet exclusive, but the pre-evolution is in both games even though it can only evolve into one or the other depending on the version. Considering they are both Fire-type and have the same ability, I'm inclined to believe they are alternate evolved forms of the same Pokemon.

I mean, the Indigo League has at least three people who can be called Champion (Lance, Blue, and Red). Steven had Wallace take his place according to the Delta Episode ending, and Alder chose Iris as his successor, but still showed up to the champions tournament at the PWT.
the part of the post i wound up deleting was commenting how i think that the whole state of the champion in the games (where it's both a thing where it seems only one person it can be at a time but also you're never champion but also you are) has been something they've been tweaking since gen 7

Alola: you are the champion, since you're the first, and all other people are title defenses going for you
Galar: There's expressly only one champion at a time, but it's decided every year and Leon is officially not the champion after that. It seems like everything after the "official" title is just exhibition matches

And now here where we just go with the most straight forward: there can be multiple champions at one time because it's just a rank anyone can reach

I thought that in english this new avenue would be named the same, since in the spanish version half the name is also in english, but Vía Stardust is called Starfall Street in the english versions.

So we have Vía Stardust and the evil team is called Team Star.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)