Pokemon RAINBOW Tournament [Interested? Sign Up!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of this tournament is to escape the usual binds of team building, and to use a theme. The theme is COLOUR. Upon signing up you will be assigned a colour to build your team around. All pokemon must be this specified colour. Shiny's are allowed here (e.g shiny Weezing is blue, so you could use it on a BLUE themed team).

Here are the basic rules:

No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Wobbuffet/Wynaut, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms)
* No illegal movesets
* No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, or Sheer Cold)
* No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
* Sleep Clause
* Species Clause
* XD moves WILL be allowed
* Freeze Clause
* No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon
You must use Pokemon of the colour given to you.

And how the tournament will be formatted…

Brackets

If we get 64 competitors, then you will be divided into 8 separate divisions, each with 8 competitors in. Each division will be assigned a colour (in some cases 2 colours since some groups are smaller than others). From here, each player in the division will battle each other, and the top battler from each division will go through to the finals.

The Finals

8 finalists will compete in a standard 1vs1 knock out battle. Each round (3 rounds in total) will be a random colour. Each competitor must build a team with this colour and battle their opponent with it.

Colours will change each round until we have a winner.

This is just to see interest at the moment, and whether it's worth running (this will work best with 64 participants, so I'm hoping to see loads of you there when the sign ups open!

THIS IS NOT A SIGN UP

OH YEAH. this was verified by Justin so mods don't lock this!

I would sign up since I sign myself up for anything. This has been done before (sort of), I believe by 0nion so of course it died.

Also blue kinda owns.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah this is a good idea like I said before :-) Been ages since there was a colour tourney.

if you read it you would see that colours will be allocated per division, meaning blue vs. white or something won't happen.

There will be arguments over whether a pokemon is a certain colour or not but meh. It sounds like a good idea but I wont be joining since I quit smogon tournaments :/

This would be interesting (: Yeah, the main problem was that blue would thrash anything, but in this tourney, there's not such a problem anymore (:
Great thinking, and i am interested (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)