Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-FUCK- looks like he can make a good serebiian. Once pokemon begin to fuse, it wont be Pokemon anymore, please dont destroy the enjoyable mechanics that pokemon is.

Everyone lets all agree with this please; we need to be able to move diagonally as well. Screw up down left right.

And whats the point of having running shoes when you have a bike? And since everyone always turns the running shoes on, whats the use of being able to toggle the shoes on and off?

And a better inventory system would be much appreciated. Being able to look at only 4 items at a time is quite a lousy way of doing it. I prefer the DPPt one where you could scroll through whole list of items at a time.

Reintroduce the Poketch with a better interface and put some damn colour into it. The idea of a Poketch was good, but the fact that it was done in shades of grey made it look incomplete, like something they conjured up just to fill up the bottom of the DS.

Agreed with all the above, though having the ability to toggle running shoes on and off should be available, we just shouldn't have to hold down a button to use them since most people would rather run through almost all the areas anyways.

I agree with the Poketch this especially, mostly because I was sad to see that it didn't appear in HG/SS. While I do like the menu system for the touch screen in HG/SS, they should have still implemented the in some way.

Also, yes, diagonal movement would be nice.

Fusion talk is just random speculation.
Anyway, I just noticed that a number of the Pokemon that get previes end up being three stage or branching lines even though they weren't initially.
Of those that are still two stage, Sudowoodo and Chimecho cannot use Hyperbeam.
Maybe Sudowoodo will be able to stop pretending in the future by becoming Grass/Rock.
And if Chimecho becomes another Psychic/Steel with good stats Bronzong might be in trouble as it's support movepool is endless.

more dragon types and fire types to balance out the metagame. (more dragons but more threats to steel that is)

and a fire priority attack would be nice. (even better if we can also get a fire technician)

that would actually make the metagame less focused on dragons and steels.

Fusion talk is just random speculation.
Anyway, I just noticed that a number of the Pokemon that get previes end up being three stage or branching lines even though they weren't initially.
Of those that are still two stage, Sudowoodo and Chimecho cannot use Hyperbeam.
Maybe Sudowoodo will be able to stop pretending in the future by becoming Grass/Rock.
And if Chimecho becomes another Psychic/Steel with good stats Bronzong might be in trouble as it's support movepool is endless.
Another Steel/Psychic? Eurgh.

I want as many new, unique typings as possible. Like Grass/Steel. Water/Bug. Fire/Ghost. Ice/Fighting. Pure Flying. Bring it.

Also, we're due a dragon Eeveelution.

I think it would be cool to see an outdated/rundown version of Porygon rather than repeatedly getting failed attempts at exploration and advancement.
maybe porygon with very good stats, but an ability that has its attacks not work a percentage of the time, or it does damage to itself everytime it attacks or something, kind of like Slaking?

maybe porygon with very good stats, but an ability that has its attacks not work a percentage of the time, or it does damage to itself everytime it attacks or something, kind of like Slaking?
Errorgon with the ability "glitchy" which gives a 10% chance a bad thing will happen to it? Not fun.

Leave the toggle shoes on. I toggle them off, and hold B to run like a real PokeMaster not some little kid who's jumped onto the series bandwagon. Sometimes I don't even run. Or bike. I walk. Check it.

Things that I could possibly see happening. They add several different typed stealth rock-like moves. Only one could be up at a time of course, but I feel it would allow for some of the Pokemon that take 50% from stealth would be playable again because the person might have decided to go with the ice-type or fire-type "rocks". These moves would still retain their usefulness, but with a variety of types the meta-game might not be as centralized.

While the fusion idea brought up before was awful, I could see that when you breed certain species together they might produce an offspring that is neither the mother nor the father. I guess it could be similar to how donkeys and horses can breed to produce mules. This way, we don't have the gamebreaking but it provides new Pokemon.
Proposed this pages ago. Not popular at all. However, I'm still fond of the paternal characteristics (like spiky ears on a Pichu if a member of the Skitty family is the father).

Additionally, I support alternate evolutions for Pokémon bred like this. No need for an extra stone or some asinine item. Just level up or use a stone that already exists, because only these offspring can evolve into the new Pokémon.

A few years ago, when the holon sets ere around in TCG and thought of a way this could be implemented into the game. I came up with the idea of giving some pokemon a few extra types that could be implemented once you get to a certain point in the game. For example, you could change Salamence to a dragon/flying type to a dragon/fire type. Now Salamence would have STAB with the fire moves it usually caries, though it would now carry a weakness to ground. To take it further, some pokemon could only learn cetain moves when they were a certain type, such as fire type salmence carrying flare blitz, while it would lose the always useful roost.

Just a thought..
Oh man. Ever since Delta Species came out, I wanted to see them put Delta Species in the games. Providing they were marked with an obvious δ next to their name and level and gender.

Another Steel/Psychic? Eurgh.

I want as many new, unique typings as possible. Like Grass/Steel. Water/Bug. Fire/Ghost. Ice/Fighting. Pure Flying. Bring it.

Also, we're due a dragon Eeveelution.
Not to mention Dragon/Fire - please let this be the next pseudo-legendary, and please make it specially based. So far all the pseudo-legends have been physical, and while some have decent special offense too (Dragonite and Salamence), their physical offense is still higher. A spread like 70/85/95/135/95/120 with a moveset of [Dragon Pulse / DM] / Fire Blast / Earth Power / Special DD would be beastly, and with Levitate it'd have only two weaknesses. Drool...

It will be interesting to see if any older pokemon get new evolutions. I've always wanted a water/steel Kingler evo and a bug/ground Pinsir evo.

However, many are speculating this will take place in a far away place before even Red and Blue, so the chances would not be likely if that holds true.

I don't know if this has been suggested, or if this would qualify as a "shocking" change to the game, but I think it'd be interesting if they had an main series version of the "Doom Seed" from the Mystery Dungeon games: it reduces the level of a Pokemon by 1, while leaving it 1 Exp. from leveling up. It could be useful in those cases where you'd be transferring up a L100 Pokemon that can evolve now. That happened to me in Generation IV with Gligar and Yanma...

I don't know if this has been suggested, or if this would qualify as a "shocking" change to the game, but I think it'd be interesting if they had an main series version of the "Doom Seed" from the Mystery Dungeon games: it reduces the level of a Pokemon by 1, while leaving it 1 Exp. from leveling up. It could be useful in those cases where you'd be transferring up a L100 Pokemon that can evolve now. That happened to me in Generation IV with Gligar and Yanma...
Agreed. Doom Candy's something they've needed to implement since GSC, really.

I think this would be a welcome addition for competitive and casual players alike.

we need some items from PMD around the main games, the doom candy would be so useful and would make ev training the level 100 arceus possible, i really liked the idea.

unless you're just referring to graphics, in which case, it's the most significant graphical change in the series yet so it's hardly a "minor adjustment" in that sense.
I disagree. Judging by the screenshots, it is basically the SAME game engine we've had in 4th gen. We've had a fully 3d game engine since at least Platinum (not 100% sure on DP), it's just the camera angle's been usually the same.
IMHO the biggest graphical jump was second to third generations.

Surskit says hello.
It's NFE and even Masquerain sucks. I'd love to see a Water/Bug, it has useful resistances, although SR weakness does hurt it a bit.

Edit: An Auto-Taunt ability is completely broken because is would become the ultimate anti-lead and the ultimate stall breaker. Not to mention that it gets a completely free switch-in to any support move.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I want a Taunt Item.
If the opposing Pokemon uses an "Other" move, it gets the Taunt status for that turn and the following turn. The item is then used up.
Or alternatively a Berry that cures all minor statuses, Taunt, Torment, Leech Seed, etc. The Lum Berry of Minor statuses.

we need some items from PMD around the main games, the doom candy would be so useful and would make ev training the level 100 arceus possible, i really liked the idea.
Come to think of it, some of the bows and species specific items might go a long way to improving some of them.

You do realize there's an ability to toggle running off/on by default in hg/ss, right?
Just click the shoes icon.

Also I want stealth rock to become neutral damage, and an item that gives Scrappy.

Heres an idea that could boost up all the Eeveelutions (perhaps even poor little Flareon). Its a move that all the Eeveelutions learn at level 55 (plenty of time to evolve Espeon, Umbreon) that changes based on their type and highest attacking stat. It could be 100BP, 90 Acc, and 10 pp, and could be called Evolution Beam or something else less cheesy. For example, if Flareon were to use it, it would be a fire-type physical move. If Espeon were to use it, it would be a psychic-type special move. I would like to hear your opinions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)