Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agosta, it's not that farfetched but you're basing it on the title "ruler of illusion" yet serebii has the title as "phantom champion". As much as that site irritates me they generally have the most accurate information.

I did a little bit of research, and came to the conclusion that "Z" is a Kitsune.

-picture-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWo9zOKjYo8&feature=related

Ruler of Illusion? Another Ash? Kitsune's can shape shift to become humans, which answers both the Illusion and dark Ash.

-picture-

Look at the silhouette. Those could be tails instead of spikes or hair tufts, no? The face matches that of a Kitsune as well.
Yeah, I was thinking pretty much along the same lines. If my speculation about the movie is correct, that's what I'm leaning towards it being:
Shiron said:
Personally, if anything, I agree with the resemblance to Ninetales that a few people have mentioned. Phantom Champion Z does indeed seem to have a possibility of having some ability of shape-shifting or illusions (at least if the speculation of it being what's behind the "Shadow Ash" seen in the trailer is true, which I feel to be a likely possibility), in which case a connection to the kitsune legends would make sense. Of course, even if that is the case, I'm still expecting it to be completely distinct from Ninetales, being both its own line and a Legendary, but sharing the connection of being based off of the kitsune legends.
@deluge: Ah yes, that's right. I remember hearing that. Still, don't want to get my hopes up only for them to just reveal the silhouette again. They will probably be revealing the actual thing though, with that being the case.

Agosta, it's not that farfetched but you're basing it on the title "ruler of illusion" yet serebii has the title as "phantom champion". As much as that site irritates me they generally have the most accurate information.
I'm not only basing it on the title. I'm basing it on the shape and characteristics we can see off the silhouette given to us, as well as Dark/Shadow/Fake/whatever Ash.

Chill said:
Nothing more than translation preference; they mean the exact same thing. Pokebeach has "The Ruler of Illusion", Bulbapedia has Ruler of Illusions, Serebii uses Phantom Champion. In any case though, it just means someone whose skilled with messing with tricks of the eye. I'm pretty sure the "Phantom" word being used is not one that refers to Ghosts or anything (and even if it did, that still works well enough with the kitsune idea).

Cool, thanks to those that posted the picture. Although there's some dispute over what it is, I think we can all agree that Nintendo/GF is pretty good at keeping our attention.

Personally, I'm hoping for a totally new pokemon chain (meaning, not an evolved form of a past pokemon) off of this silhouette. There's some cool evolved forms of pokemon but I feel like GF would bring something totally new in.

Of course, they brought in Munchlax and Bonsly on XD, so they might make the new pokemon a night version of Lucario. If that is the case, fighting/dark would make the most sense. Or dark/steel, but thatd be wayyy crazy with a lot of weaknesses (4x fighting, ground, fire; pretty common types in the metagame I'd say)

Generally speaking, Pokebeach has the correct info while Serebii does not, it's just Serebii puts it up faster.

@ The Pokemon Pimp: If it were a Riolu evolution, it wouldn't be dark/steel, because Riolu is pure fighting, and upon evolution, receives the steel typing. Dark/Fighting makes the most sense, and would be very cool. Sure Lucario can set up on a few more things, but offensively that thing would be ridiculous (depending on movepool).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
By the way, CoroCoro WON'T leak this time. They won't send early copies to anyone, there will be a simultaneous release on the 15th (14th for us on the American continent), which means we might finally know what's behind the silhouette exactly seven days from now.

GameFreak robbed Smogon's Kitsunoh! Just playing...

Anyways, my bet that it is pure dark and is a Mightyena Evo. Mightyena has always seemed feminine to me as does the silhouette.

One a unrelated note, I hope they touch up on Doubles. Specifically speed changes mid battle. If my Weavile used Icy Wind on your Salamence my Lucario should move before your Salamence does because of the speed drop.

About the pokémon silhouette, I think it will hold this same semi-legendary status as Lucario, but I don't think it looks like an evolution to anything we know. Probably a new family.

Also, could they be really finally changing the formula for pokemon? If that video posted above was translated accurately, Masuda actually said "such an absolute new game that it will make you wonder, 'is this really pokemon?'".

Are we really due for a big surprise besides the usual new 100+ pokemon or do they say that every time we're nearing a new generation?

About the pokémon silhouette, I think it will hold this same semi-legendary status as Lucario, but I don't think it looks like an evolution to anything we know. Probably a new family.

Also, could they be really finally changing the formula for pokemon? If that video posted above was translated accurately, Masuda actually said "such an absolute new game that it will make you wonder, 'is this really pokemon?'".

Are we really due for a big surprise besides the usual new 100+ pokemon or do they say that every time we're nearing a new generation?
It might be a story overhaul, instead of the typical 8 gym -> elite 4 GG one they've been recycling for the past 4 gens.

"such an absolute new game that it will make you wonder, 'is this really pokemon?'"

I don't like the sound of that.

By the way, CoroCoro WON'T leak this time. They won't send early copies to anyone, there will be a simultaneous release on the 15th (14th for us on the American continent), which means we might finally know what's behind the silhouette exactly seven days from now.
Source? If this is true, I would be more open to the possibility of it appearing as more than a silhouette in CoroCoro. I was pretty dubious of it previously due to the big deal about it appearing on Sunday and the whole 'ratings ploy'. Two weeks is a long time, given that it'll be out in CoroCoro.

Serebii said that CoroCoro won't leak, but I have no idea where he got that information. I wouldn't think he would lie about that, though. Even though a lot of people don't like Serebii he generally doesn't give out false information :x

Masuda actually said "such an absolute new game that it will make you wonder, 'is this really pokemon?'".

Ahh, this brings me back to the days of Smash Bros. Dojo and Brawl. Take what the game makers say with a grain of salt. He's probably just saying that to hype up the game.

Was it explicitly stated that this is the 5th gen Pokemon game, or are we just assuming?

Serebii said that CoroCoro won't leak, but I have no idea where he got that information. I wouldn't think he would lie about that, though. Even though a lot of people don't like Serebii he generally doesn't give out false information :x
Serebii is fine himself, and you're right in that he usually withholds information until he is sure it is accurate. It's just that the members there tend to be retards.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If this really is a proper 5th Gen RPG as the latest image seems to suggest, I really hope it's not changed too much. I know a lot of the non-competitive players always suggest major changes and don't want what's basically the same game every time with minor additions... But I just hope they don't change any of the battling aspects if this is the case.

The new Pokémon looks like it could even be a new Shaymin Forme maybe.. though I hope not. I think it's most likely to be a new Pokémon all together and that's what I hope to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)