Pokemon and the YuGiOh Card Maker.

Which of the Cap cards do you like the most?

• Syclant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revenankh

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pyroak

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Fidgit

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stratagem

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Arghonaut

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Kitsunoh

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Cyclohm

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
Well, I was fated to start using Yugayhoefartmaker.net sooner or later. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a site where you make your own custom Yu-Gi-Oh Cards and "publish" them. Even though I actually haven't done nothin related to the game itself since 2003, this can be addicting, annoyingly so. Yadda yadda yadda, but you don't wanna here about that, you'd much rather see the cards I have made so far, am I right...?

My first project was, of course, all the Cap Pokemon (inlcuding the latest product, Cyclohm). I made them in my in eyes of course (barring the images themselves). Credit is given to the those who designed the concepts of course.

I will, hopefully, add to this post with more cards (all regarding to Pokemon), and anyone who feels like it can rate em and add their own creations. However, it may be best to try to make your cards not too outlandish.

I may be able to take requests later, after I make some more complete productions.

And also, even though this ain't the actual site, these are fair game in the world of the OCG, if anyone is even partial to that.

And here's the site for those who don't know it yet. yugiohcardmaker.net

Now, on to the Cap Set.

As JPEG images, the images are sorta blurry, but it ain't that bad. Some of them look real nice, if I do say so myself.

For the first eight concepts, the levels range from 6 to 8. I also wanted to make them realistic and used real types. Matching the Types and Attributes were a lil tough for a couple fo them (like Syclant), but I did my best. I also went with Stats that I saw fit. Some may not look correct on them, but I have my reasons. For each of their effects, I wanted it to portray one of their actual abilities.

Syclant
Art Concept Creator: CyzirVisheen
Sprite Creator: KoA

The first Cap from the forum. Originally, I wasn't going to create backgrounds for the sprites, but I found the cards quite boring without them. I started with Pyroak, then came back and made one for Syclant properly. As you can (hopefully) see, I used the Shiny sprite, which fits in better to the snowy mountain settings. I went basic and set him to Level 7 for a starter. To me, Syclant just screamed 2600 Attack, so I went with that and gave him an effect. The first part was to match Mountaineer, and go a little beyond that, protecting him for the whole turn. The secondary effect was just to emphasize the cold and piercing attacks he uses.

Revenankh
Art Concept Creator: KoA
Sprite Creator: KoA

At first I wanted to set Rev in a tomb, but went against it. Instead of creating a background, I just drew its dark aura around it. The fist is powering up for an attack. Simple here, but I didn't carry out the style for the other cards. I wanted to do somethin different, so I made him a spirit (funky for his high level). He will leave the field on at the end of the turn, but has the opportunity to do direct damage (an unblockable attack with his effect, supposedly matched to Shed Skin).

Pyroak
Art Concept Creator: Elagune
Sprite Creator: Wyverii

The first card I decided to use a real background. Since it was the first, it was the sloppiest, and was less organized. I drew random falling columns of fire around him in an open field. I added the clouds after I was satisfied on how good they looked on Fidgit's card. Mainly a defensive card, the main effect is, of course, Flash Fire. The only thing is that it will keep boosting its attack (although no one would be dumb enough to keep attacking it). I found that the effect would have little use with his level, so the secondary effect could help Pyroak feint being low leveled. Pyroak is also the only one with two types. I couldn't decide what to cut. Plant with a simple Fire Attribute would have been fine though.

Fidgit
Art Concept Creator: Cartoons!
Sprite Creator: DougJustDoug

Kinda hard to see the background. He's simply in an area with a lot of dirt. In the process of burrowing, dirt is being kicked up and around. An obviously defensive build. If you opponent is crazy enough to attack you, they'll get a nice present of triple damage. The next part is replicating Persistance, making some effects last longer. I didn't research a lot on this to see if it will actually work, and I don't intend to. If you want to, be my guest and find out yourself.

Stratagem
Art Concept Creator: yourDeadGrandad
Sprite Creator: Wyverii

Simple background. A desolate mountain enviroment, as stated in its Dex entries. Also added some psychic energy at his "claws." Simple effect. To try to replicate Technician, any equip cards (Moves in this case) that increase its attack by a low amount (60 Base power or lower moves), he will get an extra boost. Because of this effect, I actually set Strata's attack lower than Kitsunoh's for balance. I simply coulda gone with Levitate and make him immune to all Earth attacks.

Arghonaut
Art Concept Creator: aragornbird
Sprite Creator: Cartoons!

The designs keep getting better. This easily has the best and clearest setting. I like the ship in the background, it's a good touch. When I see Argho, he's the essence of bulkiness so I gave him the highest Stat total of them all. The first part of his effect is easily Unaware. The second part emphasizes his pirate theme. He plunders your spells and traps and messes around with them for a price. The best I could do, ha ha.

Kitsunoh
Art Concept Creator: ElegyOfEmptiness
Sprite Creator: aragornbird

My favorite. I'd definitely woulda used this one when I played the game years ago. His background is my favorite as well. Just an empty space (unclear where Kit is really, even I don't know) with the moon shining brightly. Another level 6, so he ain't that hard to bring out. His whole effect is to mimic Frisk. However, it does more than just reveal one piece of information, it shows you your whole opponent's arsenal. To slightly balance him, I dropped his Attack from the usual 2400 down to 2200. One thing I noticed ( a lil too late), the only real mistake is where I started the shadow for his left front paw. It's supposed to be lifted near the foreground, but I drew the shadow at the base giving the impression that the leg is on the ground.

Cyclohm
Art Concept Creator: CyzirVisheen
Sprite Creator: aragornbird

The latest Cap. I liked the scene a lot on this one too. He's standing on a peak and the wind is starting to whip around, and the lighting comes out all in a pre show to an upcoming storm. Gave him the second highest stat total. The first effect is to give you one instant kill of any card, Cyclohm's lightning strikes. The second is a replication of Shield Dust, protection from extra effects when attacking or being attacked.

Well, that was my rather extensive post (phew!). Rate, comment, criticize, and maybe add your own stuff. If you add stuff, make sure they are related to Pokemon.

My next project is prolly even more Pokemon. I'm probably gonna focus on more dragons and such.

Wow, I cant beleive Im the first person posting here, anyways, these is just an awesome work, I really enjoyed reading the effects, specially because they actually seem like effects real cards would have! I really loved all the cards except for 1......Cyclohm background seems a bit......God, damn by stipid english, I dont know what the word is, just like the background doesnt fit, but thats just a minor nit-pick, as everything else is just awesome!

Wow, I cant beleive Im the first person posting here, anyways, these is just an awesome work, I really enjoyed reading the effects, specially because they actually seem like effects real cards would have! I really loved all the cards except for 1......Cyclohm background seems a bit......God, damn by stipid english, I dont know what the word is, just like the background doesnt fit, but thats just a minor nit-pick, as everything else is just awesome!
Thanks for commenting. lol, Cyclohm's background really doesn't fit, huh? It took me a while to get an idea going for whatever was happenin in the back. Just wanted to make him look a lil more menacing than his sprite was really allowing him to be.

Thanks for commenting. lol, Cyclohm's background really doesn't fit, huh? It took me a while to get an idea going for whatever was happenin in the back. Just wanted to make him look a lil more menacing than his sprite was really allowing him to be.
Well, remember it is just an opinion, its probably just me, since I have a really awful eye for art. What I loved was Argonhaut background, and the little ship to the left is a nice detail

Well, remember it is just an opinion, its probably just me, since I have a really awful eye for art. What I loved was Argonhaut background, and the little ship to the left is a nice detail
Thanks. I was actually gonna set Argho on the deck of his own ship originally, but it was getting too complicated.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
There's just something odd about using the sprites and not the actual artwork for the cards. I know jpg has natural pixellation, but using blown up pixel art makes the pixellation much worse.

I did rather like the effects though.

Why are they all so high-level?
Mainly to match their high stats. By preference, I felt they wouldn't be all that great when low leveled. Plus, some of their effects would sound broken at lower levels.

There's just something odd about using the sprites and not the actual artwork for the cards. I know jpg has natural pixellation, but using blown up pixel art makes the pixellation much worse.
Yeah, it does look strange. I wanted to try something new, so I went with their sprites. Some look ok, but others (Syclant and Pyroak) are out of place. I used JPG since it was making them look much more natural. Wish they weren't so blown up though. EoE had already used their main art concept's and I didn't want to rehash it with YGO cards. I might still continue to use sprites for some of the Pokemon themselves, but for others (like items), I'll prolly use some other type of images.

I will, hopefully, add to this post with more cards (all regarding to Pokemon), and anyone who feels like it can rate em and add their own creations.

Because you said that, I'll post some things I did too ;)

This is a weird fakemon I once made, and it's a Water/Steel type.

Ok, I'll die now. Nice CAP cards :D

EDIT: For some reason it won't come up...kthxbai

I feel compelled to post here, but I don't know why...

Oh! This thread inspired me to create my own card. Behold: Volt Tackle Pikachu!

I think I'll use this as my avatar for a while...

Wow, these are amazing, one thing thought in Yu-gi-Oh, Ice type monsters usually has the water attribute like...

One of my favorite cards =D So Syclant should be changed to water Attribute...but since He's part Bug He could go wind too.

Ends with 8000 attack for those that don't wish to do the math.
I gave it 3 turns of invincibility so that it could reach 2000 ATK before being able to be targeted. (250 on turn "0", 500 on turn 1, 1000 on turn 2, 2000 on turn 3)
I made Berry as its Tuner card for obvious reasons. Well, obvious to those that played GSC.

A few more. Charmander to Charizard. I'm gonna try to make another (small) set with Spells and Traps included.

The first two cards were slightly edited, so blurry JPG was used, yet again.

And PIP stands for "Pokemon Import Pack."

I've got an account on TCGplayer and I'd like to say that I disapprove of your use of the term "yugayhoe"... >.>

Childish prattle aside, I'd say the only one actually viable in competitive YGO is Kitsunoh, and it's broken at that. Zombies can swarm easily and could essentially have constant intel backed behind a 2200 beater.

Cyclohm takes a close second, who's great in a Disaster Dragon deck.

Of course, I don't expect many members of Smogon to keep up with the YGO metagame. Maniaclyracist would know what I'm talking about, though. xD

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
its too bad they ended up all pixelated and stuff, but still very cool and interesting!

Edit: wtf this thread is over a year old >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)