Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeze Skin is really the only thing revealed so far that has me at a lost of words. Imagine if an ice-type gets Extreme Speed with that ability? Return is also another move to watch out for, especially with the new "bonding" mechanic. Return + Freeze Skin could really be a serious offensive force if good Ice Types are revealed in the game with this ability. I'm guessing the Ice Fossil Pokemon also evolves seeing as it's so small. If it's evolution has the same ability and good stats, it could be a force in OU.
No the only thing that could make it decent is the coverage moves, it's almost the single major problem all ice types have that they have the offensive move selection of a slightly retarded Wobbuffet.

No the only thing that could make it decent is the coverage moves, it's almost the single major problem all ice types have that they have the offensive move selection of a slightly retarded Wobbuffet.
I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the last part. But I get what you mean.

Mega Garchomp BETTER bet INSTABANNED liked how they did Skymin...
#gameoverman
Mega Mewtwo X is a great addition however I wish it wasn't version exclusive...NOW I HAVE TO BUY X as well

Rock Ice is definitevely a good Offensive type : SE against Fire, Flying, Bug, Ice, Ground, Grass, Dragon types. Only types who resist both Stab is Steel I think.

Defensively, baaaaaad. Weak to Fighting (*4), Steel (*4), Rock, Ground, Grass, Water

a Ice Fake Out ... an Ice Body Slam ... Ice Explosion ? Ice Trash (like Outrage) ? Ice Retaliate ? Ice Facade (without Guts :() Even Ice Giga Impact !

Serebii said:
"The user with the same ID also posted that the starter evolutions are Gerogashira, Teerunaa, Hariboogu. They're all single typed and Teerunaa, the evolution of Fennekin, stands up."
Serebii said:
"...the evolution of Fennekin, stands up."
Serebii said:
"Fennekin"
"stands up. "
WELP. IT WAS A NICE RIDE FENNEKIN.
TEAM CHESPIN WOOT WOOT WOOT.

EDIT: oh wait.
all of the evos are pretty bad.
:(

Reactions: PME
Why Garchomp of all Pokemon over showing some more starters? That'd definitely had been a lot interesting. Ah well.

Anyways if mega evolutions require you to be faster than the opponent/switch out then Mega Chomp may end up being pretty balanced, which is the one that makes sense so....but if they say screw speed I'm megaevolving before you attack then yes basically almost all mega evolutions are broken as a messed up watch.

Chespin's evo looks absolutely horrible. Chespin was going to be my first starter in Y, but after looking at that thing... I can only imagine how the final evo will look like, even more fat and defensive.
And of course it's going to be a defensive Grass/Dark when it's fully evolved, so even worse than Meganium? Fuck.

The other two starter evo's look amazing though. I like Froakie's evo the most. It's actually how I wanted the evolution to turn out, slick and speedy-looking. Fennekin's evo looks interesting too, wonder if the twig will have a bigger role when it's fully evolved.

In regards to Chespin's evolution, Gamefreak where are you going with this...
To me it looks like Chespin found one of Mario's P-Balloons from Super Mario World...

Loving Froakie's 1st stage evo! Also, with the info on Psycho Cut for Fenniken's evo, it seems to point to it possibly having a psychic type in its final form, particularly with Psybeam from before. Most starters before gained an extra type in their 1st stage if any, but then there's Charizard with flying, though that's for obvious reasons there.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Echoing the words on Chespin's evolution. I think it's rivalling Pignite in the contest for "worst middle stage starter evolution ever".

Fennekin's evolution looks... well, if anything it reminds me of Lucario. Doesn't look like a Fighting type, though, which I'd salute loudly if I hadn't been sitting in class at the moment. And what's up with the twig in its tail?

And then Froakie's. Oh my, that thing has class. Quick and nimble, and knowing it. Look at its bubbly scarf, blowing in the wind behind it. Look at the simple colour scheme, completely devoid of messy patterns. Whereas Froakie looked slightly awkward, its evolution is just elegant.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Fennekin's evolution looks... well, if anything it reminds me of Lucario. Doesn't look like a Fighting type, though, which I'd salute loudly if I hadn't been sitting in class at the moment. And what's up with the twig in its tail?
I'm hoping it gains a witch-like appearance in its final evolution with the twig becoming the handle for a broomstick tail. I think a witch final evolution would be pretty cool. :)

Uh Chespin evo looks like Pikachu wearing horrible green Pignite costume. I can see Fen's twig turning into a staff upon evolution, she's a tad too anthromorphic for my taste. Seems like I'm gonna pick Froakie but I want Clauncher as my Water-type godammit ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)