Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I'm thinking of replacing Victini for Swanna for the sole purpose that I don't have a spot for Surf or Fly in my team, and Swanna learns both, plus Victini was kinda a filler and a trial I wanted to test (haven't used mini legends for in-game before, nor that many legend, so wanted to test it a bit). What do you guys think of Swanna in-game?
I used Swanna in game, and it was pretty awesome. Soloed the Fighting Elite Four member for me, Surf and Fly are always good, and FeatherDance was really useful for catching stuff/crippling opponent's leads to allow a Lilligant set up. There doesn't seem to be all that much in game that runs Electric moves, either, meaning its typing is pretty decent. Mine's a mixed attacker with pretty good IVs, I think.

Yeah, I used Swanna in-game, and it was good. There was rarely a situation where Swanna couldn't do much. It was pretty useful the whole way through. I did trade it to someone and teach it Ice Beam early, but still xP

I don't think it really is that bad of a thing, it just forces people to come up with different movesets and it balances many of the other top teir pokemon.

Gliscor may no longer have Roost but he is being used in interesting ways now with Poison Heal. Scizor and Tyranitar no longer get Superpower which means that more things can counter them.

I may be getting off topic by not focusing on the in-game play as much. But I'd rather give up the Roost and Stealth Rock TM to be able to give EQ and Stone Edge to more than one poke.
I wouldn't ordinarily complain, except they gave us a few absolutely useless TMs like Ice Breath. :\

For those looking to argue that Ice Breath isn't useless.... don't. It's completely unacceptable as a pre-elite four, weaker version of Ice Beam due to the fact that almost no one gets it, and literally everyone that DOES gets Ice Beam via level-up relatively early (or doesn't want to use Special attacks).

Why, Game Freak? Why?

We have TM's like Quash...and yet no Dark Pulse?

To put this in perspective, there are TM's for Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Thunderbolt and Thunder...thats 4 Special Electric moves. How many Special Dark Moves?

I wouldn't ordinarily complain, except they gave us a few absolutely useless TMs like Ice Breath. :\

For those looking to argue that Ice Breath isn't useless.... don't. It's completely unacceptable as a pre-elite four, weaker version of Ice Beam due to the fact that almost no one gets it, and literally everyone that DOES gets Ice Beam via level-up relatively early (or doesn't want to use Special attacks).

Why, Game Freak? Why?
Every gen has some crap TMs, I'm afraid.

We have TM's like Quash...and yet no Dark Pulse?

To put this in perspective, there are TM's for Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Thunderbolt and Thunder...thats 4 Special Electric moves. How many Special Dark Moves?
Shock Wave isn't a TM anymore, actually.

And Dark Pulse isn't that big of a loss, really. Most non-Dark Pokemon that learned it also learn the basically-identical Shadow Ball, and most Dark-types that learned it still do. Even Hydreigon gets it as an egg move, so really the only one that got screwed over was Houndoom.

Just a quick question, the seasons, do they do anything to the speed of producing eggs at day care, because animals breed better and quicker in spring in general.
Or am i being stupid?
x

Ah so it is me just being stupid as normal
hehe

x
Not Stupid at all. It's certainly an intriguing and also plausible idea. Who knows in later games they might use the changing of seasons in more ways than what they currently have (your idea could be something they are thinking of).

Current Team on Black

--

Current Team on White

--

I've been soft resetting for a shiny Tepig on both games since the games were released in the US. =/ I've been carefully reading the posts in this thread; anytime I feel like I'm about to read something juicy about the storyline, I just skip the post, lol. But so many people say things like "I absolutely love the storyline, these are the best games yet!", I feel like I'm missing out on a lot.

It's probably the most "Story Driven" game in the pokemon series. Which was a nice change in some respects. However I was so frustrated at so many things it "almost" made finishing it a chore.

I used two pokemon and speed ran the game on my first go. I do plan to replay it at some point however.

Current Team on Black

--

Current Team on White

--

I've been soft resetting for a shiny Tepig on both games since the games were released in the US. =/ I've been carefully reading the posts in this thread; anytime I feel like I'm about to read something juicy about the storyline, I just skip the post, lol. But so many people say things like "I absolutely love the storyline, these are the best games yet!", I feel like I'm missing out on a lot.
I unintentionally found a shiny Tepig on my second reset, lol.

A couple of mysteries in Black and White sprung to my mind last night.

Firstly, where does the freeway run? We see it in two places. It crosses Skyarrow Bridge, curving off to the north at both ends. We also see it crossing Route 4. Additionally, we see a tunnel entrance in Driftveil City.

A plausible route thus seems to be Driftveil City - undersea tunnel - across route 4 - south down the eastern edge of the desert and past Castelia - across Skyarrow Bridge - then where? We don't see it anywhere in eastern Unova. It seems implausible that it would stop in the middle of nowhere, although if it's mainly used for transport relating to agriculture it might I guess.

Secondly, why doesn't the Subway stop anywhere but Nimbasa and Anville? There's a subway map in game, we see where the lines run. Many of the lines run outside the main Unova map, but they could still feasibly stop at cities in the game. Why don't they? There's no evidence for it just being the player who's not allowed to, you'd expect a reason given if that was the case. Are the stations not built? There is a sign saying "under construction" at Nimbasa station, but I've no idea what it refers to. Or were stations built, but subsequently closed down for some reason?

Plan on raising a Nosepass w/ Eviolite and a support/rage set. How would this look:

Nosepass - Sturdy
Item - Eviolite
Careful - 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef
Moves:
Pain Split
T-wave / Toxic
Rock Slide / Stone Edge
Headbutt / Earthquake

Thoughts?

Anyone know how to change the pokemon that shows up on your trainer card? I just watched one of my battle videos and mine is inexplicably a simipour.

Anyone know how to change the pokemon that shows up on your trainer card? I just watched one of my battle videos and mine is inexplicably a simipour.
There's someone, I don't remember exactly where, who asks you if the first Pokémon in your party is your favourite. I remember she's early on, so you probably had a Simipour and that ended up on your card.

I have a quick question, if you could try to answer. Are there any pokes that you have to raise yourself to get them in your pokedex, not including legends? I heard nattorei (screw english names) earlier, are there any other?

I have a quick question, if you could try to answer. Are there any pokes that you have to raise yourself to get them in your pokedex, not including legends? I heard nattorei (screw english names) earlier, are there any other?
I believe Ferrothorn and Zweilous are it, at least in the Unova dex. You would have to raise a Larvesta into a Volcarono as well if you're talking pre-E4, but other than those I can't think of anything.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A couple random things:

-This is the shortest main Pokemon game as of yet. You only revisit one place (heck, it's optional when you first have the chance) and before the E4 there are only ten routes (13 if you count bridges).

-Random thoughts about the Relic Castle in hide tags.
In past games, the ruins have been located in places suited for human settlement. Ruins of Alph has ponds, and Solaceon Ruins are near a river (Adv Regi chambers, despite being called ruins iirc, are really just caves for the Regis, and the Sinjoh Ruins will be discounted for now.). But the Relic Castle? Smack dab in the middle of nowhere with no drinkable water in sight. Why would humans build a society in the middle of the desert with no water but the ocean nearby?

My theory is this: The area around the Relic Castle was once a habited region with many, if not all, of the necessities that humans need, and was connected with the Dragonspiral Tower to the north (with the presence of Golett there...). The people were advanced (seeing as they had Sygilyph and the Golett line to aid them) and worshipped a sun god (Volcarona). But in some Atlantis-type scenario, the people angered their god in some way and Volcarona came and destroyed the place (Heat Wave off of 135 Sp.Atk is damn strong.), leaving pretty much nothing behind.

A couple random things:

-This is the shortest main Pokemon game as of yet. You only revisit one place (heck, it's optional when you first have the chance) and before the E4 there are only ten routes (13 if you count bridges).
Not sure you can measure the length of the game just by how many places you revisit or how many routes there are. Heck in RBY you only revisit one place (Viridian) as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)