Pokémon Pokébank changes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you even use pretty obviously hacked pokemons in ranked matches?
would you be able to use shiny gen 5 blaziken with speed boost born from an egg in ranked matches in gen 6?
great job game freak.

Many people are saying as long as the pokemons moves, stats and founding location are legit, they can pass through pokebank. As a pokedit user, I hope these rumours are true, because all my 5th gen pokedit mon are 100% legit and can participate in random matchup.

Many people are saying as long as the pokemons moves, stats and founding location are legit, they can pass through pokebank. As a pokedit user, I hope these rumours are true, because all my 5th gen pokedit mon are 100% legit and can participate in random matchup.
Unless Ranked Battle has its OWN set of hack checks it sounds like they should work fine assuming they get to the bank.

As long as their statistics, types movepools etc are legal then I couldn't care less about whatever pretty colors they are or impossible pokeballs they happen to be in. Why would gamefreak be so stingy that they would deny services because of something so relatively menial and inconsequential? Especially considering the fact that we pay them for it. If I had to spend any amount of money on this just to have it denied to me because my pokemon happened to be in a freaking Cherish ball and not because its inherently unfair to the games experience or the competitive scene, then I'd just as soon say fuck it, drop my account and go onto Showdown. Now onto more relevant topics.
Entei getting sacred fire is a godsend for it. Now it has something to actually keep from getting outclassed by arcanine and it can lay the way for possible bulky sets. Not being forced to run adamant for a decent stab move actually shows that gamefreak is paying attention to the competitive scene in the first place. So props. It will probably be no higher than UU for obvious reasons, but a 50% burn chance is bound to have its niches in OU. Then there is the issue of egg moves for both old and new pokemon so it'll be interesting to see whats going on these upcoming moths. :)

You'd think with all the staff at Nintendo and GF, and considering how popular Pokemon is, they'd be better at, you know, checking that their transport system actually does what is intended (check for non-legal hacks like unobtainable shinies, etc).

I'll ask this again, seeing as I'm not the only one with the Bank up. Has anyone checked the Event Celebi and if you can soft reset for stats/nature/etc?

As long as their statistics, types movepools etc are legal then I couldn't care less about whatever pretty colors they are or impossible pokeballs they happen to be in. Why would gamefreak be so stingy that they would deny services because of something so relatively menial and inconsequential? Especially considering the fact that we pay them for it. If I had to spend any amount of money on this just to have it denied to me because my pokemon happened to be in a freaking Cherish ball and not because its inherently unfair to the games experience or the competitive scene, then I'd just as soon say fuck it, drop my account and go onto Showdown. Now onto more relevant topics.
For battling, no one gives a crap unless there is blatant cheating (stats/movesets).

However, Trading is a different story.

Edit: in other news, Bank/Mover is still crashing frequently.

GJ Nintendo.

Hacked Pokemon with legal movesets and stats are allowed to be transferred to Gen 6 via the Pokebank.

For Battle Spot rated battles, only Pokemon native to the Kalos region (blue pentagon symbol on the summary page) will be allowed to compete.

Hence, Pokemon bred in Kalos are allowed to compete.

This effectively removes all past move tutor moves (since they won't pass down via breeding) and previous legendaries (since they can't be bred) from rated battles.

Hacked Pokemon with legal movesets and stats are allowed to be transferred to Gen 6 via the Pokebank.

For Battle Spot rated battles, only Pokemon native to the Kalos region (blue pentagon symbol on the summary page) will be allowed to compete.

Hence, Pokemon bred in Kalos are allowed to compete.

This effectively removes all past move tutor moves (since they won't pass down via breeding) and previous legendaries (since they can't be bred) from rated battles.
Wait what? There was someone on the thread here that checked and said you could use non-pentagon mons in Rated Battles.

Did you check this?

Wait what? There was someone on the thread here that checked and said you could use non-pentagon mons in Rated Battles.

Did you check this?
I think he's talking about the Seasonal Ladder on the Battle Spot that is supposed to mimic the rules of the upcoming VGCs; where only native Kalos Pokemon from the Kalos Dex are allowed.

I think he's talking about the Seasonal Ladder on the Battle Spot that is supposed to mimic the rules of the upcoming VGCs; where only native Kalos Pokemon from the Kalos Dex are allowed.
No, he mentioned that Pokemon bred in Kalos are allowed, which I'm assuming includes any transferred bred mon like Cottonee/Snivy because they also have a pentagon. VGC doesn't allow those.

I'd check this myself but I'm still transferring mons/breeding a perfect Snivy (this takes absolute importance).

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Edit: in other news, Bank/Mover is still crashing frequently.

GJ Nintendo.
Not entirely relevant to the thread but I've been unable to do 3DS system transfers all day due to the eShop servers crashing, presumably because of Pokebank. It'll get even worse in a couple of days. /sigh

No, according to the Research thread.

Yeah, this is completely retarded.
Not entirely relevant to the thread but I've been unable to do 3DS system transfers all day due to the eShop servers crashing, presumably because of Pokebank. It'll get even worse in a couple of days. /sigh
I heard that it's has to do with the holidays. Something about people getting new systems & wanting to go on the e-shop.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I heard that it's has to do with the holidays. Something about people getting new systems & wanting to go on the e-shop.
Yeah, I'm probably not the only one who got a new 3DS for Christmas, but Pokebank-related traffic must be a culprit as well. It's a double whammy on the servers.

I've got a few questions about Pokebank:
1.) Will it let stuff like Sheer Force Feraligatr and Flash Fire Typhlosion through as long as they have legit moves / stats?
2.) How does the transfer of the Genies work? I've only got two, so I can't get the Reflection Glass, will it let the Therian formes through?
3.) Can illegal Shinies like Zekrom and Victini pass?
4.) What criteria do each Pokemon have to meet to pass?
5.) Will it brick your Bank if you're caught with having an illegal Pokemon, like you can't transfer any after that? Or is it just a random message that says: that pokemon may not be transferred!

This is like the Mexican border jeez

1.) Will it let stuff like Sheer Force Feraligatr and Flash Fire Typhlosion through as long as they have legit moves / stats?
2.) How does the transfer of the Genies work? I've only got two, so I can't get the Reflection Glass, will it let the Therian formes through?
5.) Will it brick your Bank if you're caught with having an illegal Pokemon, like you can't transfer any after that? Or is it just a random message that says: that pokemon may not be transferred!

From what I have seen, pretty much anything can get through. Even hacked wish chanseys with perfect ivs. Kind of like mall security

Apparently, people on the BS have even seen Rock Head Tyrantrum.

Make of that what you will.

I personally am going to be avoiding either transferring blatantly hacked mons and the BS like the plague until we hear from GF/Nintendo/anything at all about this fiasco.

Well not seeing any of that before Bank and seeing it after Bank is suspiciously Bank related.
I'm willing to bet that the claims of rock head tyratrum are as exaggerated as king's shield empoleon and aeroblast tornadus.

It would be mighty weird to magically hack in a Pokemon not from 5th gen and I doubt people have cracked pokebank

I'm willing to bet that the claims of rock head tyratrum are as exaggerated as king's shield empoleon and aeroblast tornadus.

It would be mighty weird to magically hack in a Pokemon not from 5th gen and I doubt people have cracked pokebank
There is photographic evidence of Rock Head Tyrantrum, at least from your partner in the Maison. People have also Traced it there.

I dunno, I've talked to people who went against Head Smash Tyrantrum which took no damage, so unless it's something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)