Expert Belt
Motor Drive

Earthquake
Cross chop
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

Adamant
+252 att +252 Spe +4 hp

Mainly use for elemental punches and cross chop. He always seems to lose out on speed though. Unless motor drive of course.

Tyrantrum
Leftovers
Strong jaw

Ice fang
Crunch
Fire fang
Thunder fang

Jolly
+252 Att +252 Spe +4 Hp

I really want to use tyrantrum but he is never able to OHKO. And his typing leaves him vulnerable. Still want to use him though.

Virizion
Leftovers
Justified

Swords dance
Leaf blade
Close combat
Zen headbutt

Hasty
+252 Att +252 Spe +4 Hp

Pretty fast, i don't find myself using swords dance much. Probably one of my main Pokemon.

Charizard
Charizardite X
Tough Claws

Dragon Dance
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Jolly
+252 Att +252 Spe +4 Hp

Beastly. 'Nuff said

Lapras
Leftovers
Water Absorb

Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Surf

Modest
+252 Spa +252 Hp +4 Spd

I would also like to use Lapras but its terrible speed stat leaves it mostly OHKO'd. What should i do?

Malamar
Expert Belt
Contrary

Topsy-Turvy
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Superpower

Timid
+252 Spa +224 Spe +28 Hp

Love Malamar. Contrary works great with superpower. Topsy-Turvy is so much fun. I use it especially for Cloysters and eveelutions.

Please rate. I really need help. Is this good at all? And if not, how so?

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You have literally no set-up moves, hazards, status inflicting moves or other support moves. You're gonna need some of those to start if this team is to be viable.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
Well, Charizard X is alright, so I'd consider revolving the team around him. His move set is pretty good, so keep it the way it is.

First of all, you'll have to explain the role each team member performs - at least three lines - or the thread will be locked.

Then we can discuss the other members.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
I can. It's a start, but you really need to get descriptive. Talk about the Pokemon that yours can beat, which ones threaten yours, and their overall contribution to the team. You say Charizard is beastly, but you need to explain why he is beastly. You mention that some of your team members make minimal impact, missing out on KOs, and often being killed easily. You may want to consider some changes to your members themselves.

If you want Charizard to really shine, you will need a way to remove entry hazards. Charizard takes a lot of Stealth Rock damage on switching in and is defensively compromised as a result. You may want to consider removing Lapras for a bulky Rapid Spinner like Excadrill to keep hazards off your back. He's offensively powerful and even able to set up Stealth Rock, which is great for helping this team.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
You need a bit more Special firepower too. Consider changing Electivire for Thundurus-I. Thundurus is lightning quick (pun intended) and has a great Special Attack stat. It has a great ability in Prankster which lets its non-attacking moves like Thunder Wave go first which can help you sweep later on.

Consider this:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

That way, you lose very little coverage from Electivire.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Your thread is currently breaking the rules. You need to have a minimum of three lines of descriptions for all of your Pokemon. Try to explain the role of each Pokemon on your team, how they complement each other, and how you can deal with certain threats, because it makes it easier to rate your team. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)