Player of the Week 23: Disjunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by big boy Raseri
stolen from Disjunction who stole it from xzern who stole it from Lord Alphose

Its the one you've all been waiting for.
Its Disjunction with his PotW interview :]

Favorite Pokemon: Diancie

Most used Pokemon: Mawile

Most known for: Being the highest level of rookie

HJAD: Why is your name what it is? How did you come to be "Disjunction"?
Disjunction: I have a surprisingly long history of nicknames. I started out as "ThoughtlessKiwi" because kiwis are my favorite bird (birds are cool af) and it had been my username for, like, 3 years. From there, I went to "TheTK64" because I didn't want to think of anything creative, but I wanted to make an alt to help with testing and such. From there I got kinda bored with that and wanted more usernames to abuse so I became "DispenserJustice" (because my irl name is Spencer) and then I figured "hey that's really dweeby" so I changed it to Disjunction. It was a similar name and I thought it was a funny jab at myself because, at that time, I figured there was a big split between my skill level as a player and team builder.

HJAD: What's your favorite Pokemon type?
Disjunction: Probably the Rock-type. Really bulky physical attackers are rad and Rock-types fit into that. Plus, most Rock-types are super cool looking. Fairy-types come in a close second because they are very cute.

HJAD: Do you have a favorite team archetype?
Disjunction: I love building Balance the most, but Offense is definitely the most enjoyable to play. Making the correct double switches into a powerful wall breaker with no switch ins is just satisfying. Having an entire team of mons with few switch ins is even better.

HJAD: How did you come to competitive battling/smogon?
Disjunction: I think, like most people, I found competitive battling through Youtube. I remember the only poketuber I stayed really consistent with was E-lo, but I guess that + PokeMoshPit and others I watched on and off got me interested enough to play on the Smogon server on Pokemon Online. I didn't become active on the forums until last fall, though. I was always weird about interacting with other people who I thought were better than me because I didn't want to embarrass myself. Ultimately, I got kind of sick playing the game by myself so I just made friends with people in the PS NU chat and I'd say it turned out very well :)

HJAD: What is your favorite aspect of competitive battling? (Teambuilding, battling, etc)
Disjunction: Probably battling, but I'm not saying I dislike team building or anything. Thinking over all of your options, measuring everything carefully, and executing your plan based on the resources you have available on your team is the appeal of this game to me.

HJAD: What's your favorite element of NU?
Disjunction:
I feel like I'm being generic by saying this, but probably the balanced meta. Most play styles are at least remotely viable, we have a handful of threats that could be discussed but nothing centralizing, and a very colorful array of viable Pokemon to build teams around. I always get a little upset when I see people just copy and paste the most bog standard defensive core at the time because it doesn't feel like you're really exploring what we have to offer in NU.

HJAD: Which generation of NU did you enjoy the most?
Disjunction: 6th gen because it's the tier I really flourished in as a player. It's also a really diverse meta that (whether it's for the better or not) always seems to be changing.

HJAD: If you could make any change to the NU tier list, what would it be? and Why?
Disjunction: OPPOSE RASERI - FREE SKUNTANK.

HJAD: Which NU player(s) do you respect the most? Any shoutouts for your friends?
Disjunction: Hm, in terms of people I respect, the three players I respect the most are probably raseri, Montsegur, and Soulgazer. Ras has always been a really supportive and a cool friend. If there's any specific reason I respect, it's because he really is always there to help and I think that's the kind of attitude you have to have when you're in a position that he is. Soulgazer and Mont are both kind of in the same boat why I respect them. When I first started out, both of them were really cool and helpful in general and with the ORAS NU tour, despite the disaster it was, and I still appreciate that. Mont has a knack for getting people to like him and Soulgazer, despite being a little tough on the outside, can be really cool if you approach him. For any friends, I gotta give shout outs to my bros Sir Kay, Realistic Waters, and HJAD. I have a lot of great friends through Pokemon but these are the guys I feel most comfortable with building teams, testing teams, and just chatting with.

HJAD: Do you have any advice for anyone new to NU?
Disjunction: Be nice and make friends with people. At least for me personally, I don't think I really grew as much as I had when I had made friends within the community. Having someone to bounce ideas off of or just talk to in general makes this game more enjoyable in the times where it is pretty unenjoyable. Most of the staff is also very eager to help you with team ideas if you ask nicely. If you're looking to get into the forums, the best strategy is to take it slowly. If you understand what makes people upset and can avoid it, you can get along with everyone fairly well.

HJAD: Where are you most active?
Disjunction: (Pokemon Showdown, Smogon, IRC...)The Pokemon Showdown Never Used chat for sure, but I check forums very frequently so both are perfectly fine ways of contacting me. If you see me on Pokemon Showdown, say hi! I like helping people with their teams and such.

HJAD: Do you have any current goals that you want to meet as a player?
Disjunction: I suppose getting drafted for NUPL is the current goal I want to reach, but I'm not going to cry if I don't, haha. I suppose I don't have many long term goals for myself right now. I'm pretty content with just gradually building my reputation as a player and people respecting the things I say.

HJAD: Could you give us a sort of mini-RMT of a favorite team of yours to give us an example of your play style?

Disjunction:
http://pastebin.com/A7xYiGhC
This is an old mid-XY team that I loved tinkering around with. It features a fun core I made at the time with Swellow and Choice Scarf Malamar. Malamar was designed to handle Steel- and Rock-types for Swellow and double as a threatening cleaner late game. Dragalge was a nice check to Fire-types and Lumineon, while certainly outclassed, is cute and I was having fun with it. With plenty of answers for Fighting-, Fire-, and Normal-types alongside some really fun offensive threats, it's an unusually effective team.

~~~~~~~~~
As always, I want to personally thank Disjunction for doing the interview for this, this week! It was a pleasure and as im sure we can all see, a rising star in the NU community which surely has a bright future here. Feel free to ask any questions you may have for the man!

I think im gonna start out the question and answer part:
-favourite pokemon in NU (doesnt have to be strong)?
-if you had 2 bullets and a gun, and you were stuck in NU with 3 mons called Feraligatr, Pangoro and Doublade, who would you shoot and who would you save?
-on a rating of 1 to 10 how much do you enjoy writing up analyses :S

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
HJAD: What's your favorite Pokemon type?
Disjunction: Probably the **Rock-type**. Really bulky physical attackers are rad and Rock-types fit into that. Plus, most Rock-types are super cool looking. Fairy-types come in a close second because they are very cute.

All I have to say about this is <3 <3 <3
Anyways, my questions:

1) Hi. (Not a question but whatever :P)

2) What other tier would / do you play besides NU?

3) Favorite Rock-type Pokemon?

4) Out of the Rock-type Pokemon, which one best describes you (this could be different from the previous question lol)?

5) Most wanted Mega Evolution (something hopefully underrated / uncommon among the internet theories)?

6) Bye. (Not a question, but again whatever lol)

Syncrasy

Change the game, don't let the game change you
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi
1)Which person in Nu do u respect the most in Nu battle wise?
2)MFK sirkay,HJAD,RW
3)If u could bring back Sigilyph,Shiftry,or Doublade from Ru which would it be
4)How many continents have you been in
anyways bye!!!!

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think im gonna start out the question and answer part:
-favourite pokemon in NU (doesnt have to be strong)?
-if you had 2 bullets and a gun, and you were stuck in NU with 3 mons called Feraligatr, Pangoro and Doublade, who would you shoot and who would you save?
-on a rating of 1 to 10 how much do you enjoy writing up analyses :S
1. Lilligant or Mawile. Cutemons are good in general.
2. Definitely shoot Gatr and Panda.
3. I'd say around a 7 tbh. It'd be higher if QC and GP decided to just NOT ignore my stuff for weeks at a time but I figure it's part of the process so it's whatever.

All I have to say about this is <3 <3 <3
Anyways, my questions:

1) Hi. (Not a question but whatever :P)

2) What other tier would / do you play besides NU?

3) Favorite Rock-type Pokemon?

4) Out of the Rock-type Pokemon, which one best describes you (this could be different from the previous question lol)?

5) Most wanted Mega Evolution (something hopefully underrated / uncommon among the internet theories)?

6) Bye. (Not a question, but again whatever lol)
<3​
1. HELLO!
2. I used to play Ubers a fair bit in XY but then ORAS happened and I hate the tier now. Me and Realistic Waters have played a bit of OU together for funsies but I wouldn't say we "play" the tier.
3. DIANCIE. Second favorite would have to be Freezy Dino AKA Aurorus.
4. Archeops. No explanation needed.
5. Honestly, most of my favorite mons have megas right now so this is a more difficult question than I thought it would be. Oh right, probably Lilligant or Mr. Mime! Those would be really cool to see megas for.
6. D; bye!
Hi
1)Which person in Nu do u respect the most in Nu battle wise?
2)MFK sirkay,HJAD,RW
3)If u could bring back Sigilyph,Shiftry,or Doublade from Ru which would it be
4)How many continents have you been in
anyways bye!!!!
1. Hmm, probably Teddeh. He has a frighteningly good head for this game and tier. He has that CoD attitude but he is a friend even if we do tease each other a lot :)
2. eziest question. Sir Kay, HJAD, RW in that order
3. Doublade. Shiftry always seemed over hyped to me when it was in NU and Doublade seems fun and fairly manageable. Maybe that's just my inexperience with NU Alpha talking haha.
4. Only 1 unfortunately :( The most interesting trips I've been on were to Niagara Falls (cause another country I spose) and down to Disney with my marching band. I have a dream of taking my bike through Europe, though. I've had a lot of wanderlust for the past two years or so but I guess that comes with my age haha.

Pokedots

How should I live to be happy
is a Contributor Alumnus
1. Pearl is officially best gem. Thoughts?
2.^
3.^^
4. Err can't think of any Pokemon related questions. Favorite Steven Universe episode?
5. Pokemon in the tier than you hate facing the most?
6. Mawile: offensive or defensive?
7. Free Skunk
8. Bye <3

Disjunction

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. Pearl is officially best gem. Thoughts?
2.^
3.^^
4. Err can't think of any Pokemon related questions. Favorite Steven Universe episode?
5. Pokemon in the tier than you hate facing the most?
6. Mawile: offensive or defensive?
7. Free Skunk
8. Bye <3
1. I casually point to my avatar and thus overturn any official decision because Amthyst is best gem.

4. Lion 3: Straight to Video or On the Run.
5. Klinklang. Fuck Klinklang.
6. Defensive for life. Depends on the team, of course, but I feel defensive has higher levels of consistency compared to the offensive set.
7. FREE SKUNK
8. <3

1, what aspirations do you have in this pokemon community?
2, if you could improve the metagame, how would you go about it and would it include adding or removing pokemon?
3, if you had a choice of marrying katy perry or becoming tier leader, how many babies would you have?
4, favourite pokemon anime series?
5, fmk, ras, hollywood, zeb.
GO!

Disjunction

1, what aspirations do you have in this pokemon community?
2, if you could improve the metagame, how would you go about it and would it include adding or removing pokemon?
3, if you had a choice of marrying katy perry or becoming tier leader, how many babies would you have?
4, favourite pokemon anime series?
5, fmk, ras, hollywood, zeb.
GO!
1. I guess I want to help make things so new players actually enjoy getting into the community instead of getting stressed about it. I guess I could aim for some team based tourneys like SPL or something but that doesn't interest me as much haha
2. I'm not going to pretend I know how to balance the meta correctly so just checking stuff through suspects would be cool. Typh suspect, Rain suspect, Malamar suspect, and maybe a Klinklang suspect if we do end up losing seis/quag in the next shift.
3. Enough to build a team and win nupl
4. ADV cause I grew up with it
5. ras, ras, ras

1. I guess I want to help make things so new players actually enjoy getting into the community instead of getting stressed about it. I guess I could aim for some team based tourneys like SPL or something but that doesn't interest me as much haha
2. I'm not going to pretend I know how to balance the meta correctly so just checking stuff through suspects would be cool. Typh suspect, Rain suspect, Malamar suspect, and maybe a Klinklang suspect if we do end up losing seis/quag in the next shift.
3. Enough to build a team and win nupl
4. ADV cause I grew up with it
5. ras, ras, ras
You say rain like that would stop me :]

Disjunction

1. what mon do you lose to most?
2. how viable is shedinja?
3. how good is raseri on a scale of 1-10?
1. Probably a tie between jynx, samurott, and klin Klang nowadays
2. Regrettably very with the right team support but I think you know that better than me ;)
3. Ras beat me with SD Vileplume so I don't think he is even on the scale

Most cancerous mons in NU
Most gimmicky set youve succeed with?
Which mon that got a Mega do you wish were in NU again? Ie Charizard and frends
Rate mon: Prinplup
Do you agree with banning said prinplup? :X

Disjunction

Most cancerous mons in NU
Most gimmicky set youve succeed with?
Which mon that got a Mega do you wish were in NU again? Ie Charizard and frends
Rate mon: Prinplup
Do you agree with banning said prinplup? :X
1. Xatu
2. Probably sub endeavor dodrio because I can't think of any of the other sets I have tried.
3. Altaria. Would have been a great camel answer :(
4. Well it IS S-rank
5. Yes most definitely

1. If you could change the typing of one NU Pokemon, keeping move-pool, base stats and abilities, what would it be and what would it change to?

2. If you could add one move to one Pokemon what would it be? Why?

3. What is your least favorite rock type Pokemon?

4. Finally, Nutella or Peanut Butter, which is the best bread spread? The upstart or the classic?

Thank you for your time and congratulations on being chosen.

Disjunction

1. If you could change the typing of one NU Pokemon, keeping move-pool, base stats and abilities, what would it be and what would it change to?

2. If you could add one move to one Pokemon what would it be? Why?

3. What is your least favorite rock type Pokemon?

4. Finally, Nutella or Peanut Butter, which is the best bread spread? The upstart or the classic?

Thank you for your time and congratulations on being chosen.
1. I think Mantine without its Flying-type would be pretty cool! Ooh, or Fairy/Ghost Mismagius
2. Give Jynx Freeze Dry
3. Cradily
4. Peanut Butter. Nutella is p fucking gross imo.

np and thank you bud :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)