Phobias.

I have a fear of big bugs. I actually like tiny ants and have no problem with other small bugs, but if it has more than four legs and I can see details, I'm not going near it even to kill it. This was not helped by the fact that a dragonfly with about a 12-inch wingspan once appeared in my house, and I was the only one available to slay it.

Oddly enough, I have absolutely no fear of bees whatsoever.

The one with the big eyes is cute but my goodness that big furry one gives me the creeps. It looks like it could crush and then suffocate me and then digest me and slurp me up as digestive juices or something...
That's ironic since cute big eyed little are probably the more dangerous.

I love spiders, there's these cool looking black and white ones that like to build their webs at my side door. I'm not sure what kind they, they have this pattern on them that looks like a spine. I like to sit out there and just watch them catch stuff, yes I know I'm weird.

heights. Actually just being off of solid ground causes me to start shaking; even standing on a chair or being a foot off the ground is enough for me to start cowering.

Paraskavedekatriaphobia-fear of friday the 13th, I have a real phobia of this and Im so glad it passed
Acrophobia -Fear of heights, I almost threw up when I saw that pic on the previous page, no lie. The pic were its alot of people and its really high
Claustrophobic- You already know. I havent been to a big city event in forever because of this :/

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Paraskavedekatriaphobia-fear of friday the 13th, I have a real phobia of this and Im so glad it passed
Honest question, how does this work? Are you afraid of bad luck or what?

Personally, I can't take spiders at all. I was reading a book where the main character opened a drawer and found a tarantula sitting there, and I literally jumped in my seat and slammed the book down. I also have a fear of needles (trypanophobia? I feel the same way about all medical procedures, but I've never seen them live). I can barely watch a show when a shot (or any procedure for that matter) is given, and the thought of needles makes me woozy. Last time I got shots, I had a full on panic attack that lasted 10 mins after the actual shot because of the thought.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Those spiders are definitely D'awww... jumping spiders are cute

Prawns and Lobsters are from the same family as Cockroaches and Woodlice, but maybe that is common knowledge nowdays... I still can't look at a prawn the same way though.
What... no... Lobster's family is Nephropidae, which contains basically just lobsters...

For me, it's a general fear of most bugs out there. Now granted, that does not include all bugs, I think ants, bees, and spiders (and some others) are neat enough, but creepy crawlies like slugs, millipedes, and some of the flying ones like dragonflies, can't stand em.

I used to have a huge Acrophobia to the point that plains taking off would make me incredibly nervous (to the point I started to get nauseous), altough I manage to overcome it by becoming kind of a circus freak and climbing everything i could think could be fun to see from above

Still to this day I can't think of death without becoming anxious if not downright depressed, not skeletons, graves or death people, but just the plain fact of death

Also, I think bugs ae cute, and I love spiders, they're so useful at getting rid of mosquitoes

I think he meant to say they're in the same Subphylum, which woodlice and lobsters do share; they're both Crustaceans. Though Cockroaches are in the Subphylum Hexapoda, so I have no ideal how he got them mixed.

Edit: @Scarfwynaut: Those are not Woodlice, those are Giant Isopods.

Fear of heights. Even if I am in some sort of building (which presumably is safe), I don't feel comfortable until we get out of there, or if I don't see how tall it is/can't compare the height. A perfect example would be when I went to Düsselfdorf a few years back. We went to this tall tower (50-100 meters), where you could see over the town. When I kept myself to the inner walls, it was somewhat ok, but I couldn't force myself to go next to the windows, because height. Same reason I don't go to any of those space shot thingies in amusement parks, because I would just shit my pants and weep in a corner when I get out of them. Hell, just a roller coaster might get the feeling, if it has a particularly deep fall.

I have pretty bad arachnaphobia to the point that I was semi-forced into getting hypnosis for it. Before that I was a complete wreck if I saw a spider (no matter the size), crying, shaking, not able to breathe.

Now if I see a spider I still freak out but sometimes I manage not to cry (yay!) and the panic feeling isn't quite so bad as it was. Still can't handle seeing pictures of them or being close to them so I'm still not as comfortable around spiders as I would like to be, but I'm definitely better than I was. And of course I still do my "spider checks" when I go into a room, checking the walls, corners of the room etc.

What... no... Lobster's family is Nephropidae, which contains basically just lobsters...
Oops sorry, I don't know why I said Cockroaches, it was getting late... I meant to say prawns and woodlice share a common ancestral heritage, they are both crustaceans. Speaking of which it's getting late again ;/

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Crustaceans are a subphyllum, Arthropods are a phyllum... at the phyllum level, well...

Saying "Cockroaches and lobsters share a common ancestor!! Doesn't that thought of cockroaches turn you off of lobsters???"

Is basically the same as "Chickens and hagfish share a common ancestor!! Doesn't that thought of hagfish turn you off of chickens???"

Or how about the class (class is much closer related than phyllum or subphyllum) of "mammalia"...

"Cows and naked mole rats share a common ancestor!!"

~__~

in short, cockroaches, and wood lice, are so distantly related to lobsters and prawns that it really don't matter.

I have a fear of big bugs. I actually like tiny ants and have no problem with other small bugs, but if it has more than four legs and I can see details, I'm not going near it even to kill it.
These bug me the fuck out, seriously. I can't stand bugs...I'm shaking just writing the word. I don't give a fuck about ants because ants are pussies. I mean big scary bugs that fucking want to kill you.

I don't like heights either. I don't mind being in a tall building or something, but I can't stand being somewhere I don't feel secure. Ie, I can't look over the edge when at the top of a parking lot, or stand at the top of a mountain. Scares the shit out of me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)