Resource Pet Mods Workshop

Screenshot_102.png
(<from fool's gold)
Multiverse! (credits to abismal for the name)

a Pet Mod aimed to make a metagame where only Fakemon exist!
but Regic Boat, wont that mean that this pet mod will be too much like other pet mods(such as Stereotypes)?
well yes, thats why we're allowing users to submit already existing Fakemon from fangames (with proper credit to the original game of course!).

Name:
Original Game(if you got it from a fan game.):
Stats:
Type:
Abilities:
Competitive Overview:

there is no slate order, however certain slates will have implied rules! such as, in the case of an ultra beast, the pokemon must have a BST of 570 and all of its stats must be prime numbers. its ability also must be Beast Boost! (standard formula for all ultra beasts except for Nagandel and Poipole.), also, yes, regional variants are allowed, as long as they change enough to be recognized as a separate entity from their regular counterpart.

there will (probably) be no custom typings, altho custom abilities and moves are allowed. tho remember to keep them simple!
the pet mod gos off of National Dex OU, so feel free to include the moves Return, Frustration, Hidden Power, Pursuit, the list gos on... on your pokemon!

Last edited:
View attachment 344652(<from fool's gold)
Multiverse! (credits to abismal for the name)

a Pet Mod aimed to make a metagame where only Fakemon exist!
but Regic Boat, wont that mean that this pet mod will be too much like other pet mods(such as Stereotypes)?
well yes, thats why we're allowing users to submit already existing Fakemon from fangames (with proper credit to the original game of course!).

Name:
Original Game(if you got it from a fan game.):
Stats:
Abilities:
Competitive Overview:

there is no slate order, however certain slates will have implied rules! such as, in the case of an ultra beast, the pokemon must have a BST of 570 and all of its stats must be prime numbers. its ability also must be Beast Boost! (standard formula for all ultra beasts except for Nagandel and Poipole.), also, yes, regional variants are allowed, as long as they change enough to be recognized as a separate entity from their regular counterpart.

there will (probably) be no custom typings, altho custom abilities and moves are allowed. tho remember to keep them simple!
the pet mod gos off of National Dex OU, so feel free to include the moves Return, Frustration, Hidden Power, Pursuit, the list gos on... on your pokemon!
You're missing the types from the submission template, just a note for you.

It's time to Return to the Good and Old times. So here I present to you...
:roggenrola:PALEOMONS:roggenrola:
But how would this work? It would be a Pet Mod that will have a focus in the Paleozoic-Mezozoic ages, and the Pokémon would be based on the animals from this ages. For example: new Forms and Evolutions to old pokémons, New typing to fossil Pokemon (since the mod takes place when they weren't extinct) and some brand new mons!

:Eelektross: Ancient Eelektross
Type: Electric -> Water/Fire
Abilities: Levitate Storm Drain/Flash Fire
Stats: 85/115/80/105/80/50
Added Moves: Scald, Liquidation, Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Muddy Water, Surf, Waterfall, Flip Turn, Aqua Tail, Aqua Jet
Removed Moves: Zap Cannon, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Thunder, Thunder Punch, Wild Charge, Ion Deluge, Spark

And this is the basic idea, nothing much complex but something that opens a lot of Possibilities. I hope you like :)

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
It's time to Return to the Good and Old times. So here I present to you...
PALEOMONS
But how would this work? It would be a Pet Mod that will have a focus in the Paleozoic-Mezozoic ages, and the Pokémon would be based on the animals from this ages. For example: new Forms and Evolutions to old pokémons, New typing to fossil Pokemon (since the mod takes place when they weren't extinct) and some brand new mons!

And this is the basic idea, nothing much complex but something that opens a lot of Possibilities. I hope you like :)
Pet Mods are still predominantly competitive. What will Paleomons do to still be competitive at the core?

Pet Mods are still predominantly competitive. What will Paleomons do to still be competitive at the core?
Well, by creating new Forms to old pokémons, their competitive use might have a new competitive Role, almost like what the Alolan/Galarian Forms are. By changing the types of the fossil they might have a new niche with new stabs (and the fossils aren't that good too). And by creating new mons, New roles can be covered, while adding a new spice with brand new pokemons with new typing, movepool and even abilities

this honestly seems like a really good concept with a fairly long longevity(is that the word, correct me if i am wrong.) to it, however you should have the submission template in your post.

aside from that, i dont see anything bad. i can see it beeing approved if you ever decide to submit it.

this honestly seems like a really good concept with a fairly long longevity(is that the word, correct me if i am wrong.) to it, however you should have the submission template in your post.

aside from that, i dont see anything bad. i can see it beeing approved if you ever decide to submit it.
thanks for the advice, ive already changed it.

[NatDex] Drawing Board Mons (DBM)
Ever want to play a version of the current state of mons that doesn't have 898 mons, 826 moves, 267 abilities, and however many competitive items? Ever want to basically "start from the drawing board", and create your own metagame? In this metagame, we would
1. Determine which moves, abilities, and items to carry over.
2. Decide on a few moves, abilities, and items to add (if any).
3. Create Fakemon.
Then, the process would start over, going through steps 2 and 3 again (1 is only necessary the first time). If we feel like the metagame has enough moves, abilities, and/or items, we can skip step 2 completely.
I know Clean Slate exists, but this mod is unique in that it doesn't have the, in my opinion, bloated amount of options the current state of mons has. It also differs in that new moves, abilities, and items would be added. I hope that's enough!

zxgzxg

User feints.
is a Forum Moderator
Evolutionary Trees
Basically, we will create a micrometa by creating chains of variants of vanilla Pokemon.

How It Works:
So we'd choose 3 vanilla Pokemon to set the power level and to base variants off of. After that, people would make variants based off of those base Pokemon, and then variants off of those variants, and so on and so forth. Each variant will receive 0-3 variants each slate.

Variants will use rules similar to Regional Variant rules, which are as follows.
New Typing: Must keep at least one type of the base Pokemon. If it is a single type, a secondary type can be given. If it is a dual type, the secondary type can be removed.

New Abilities: Must keep the same amount of abilities as the original or less. They must be already-existing abilities.

New Stats: Net change must equal within +/- 30. No more than +/- 30 in any single stat. You cannot increase a Pokemon's higher attack/defense if the difference between both attacks/defense is more than 50. For example, Tauros has an attack "gap" of 60 (100 - 40), so you can't add to its higher Attack stat. You can deduct from it, however, to put toward other stats. Also, try not to go too crazy with boosting already powerful stats; Just because you can make a Tyranitar forme with 164 base Attack doesn't mean you should. You may swap a Pokemon's stats before modifying them, but the gap rule still applies to the new higher stat.

New/Removed Moves: You cannot add more moves than you remove unless you're adding a dual type to a single typed Pokemon. Then you can double the new moves total. If you're just adding a secondary type to a single-typed Pokemon, you can add 10 moves for free. No new moves can be created. Please do note that Sketch is banned from being added to a Pokémon.

New Name: The name of the variant must include a component of the original name. For example, if I made a variant of Tyranitar, I could name it "Tyraxius" or "Gravitar".
If you are familiar with Regional Variant Rules, here is the summary of changes:
  • New Typing: Must keep at least one type of the base Pokemon. If it is a single type, a secondary type can be given. If it is a dual type, the secondary type can be removed.
  • New Stats: Net change must equal within +/- 30.
  • New Name: The name of the variant must include a component of the original name. For example, if I made a variant of Tyranitar, I could name it "Tyraxius" or "Gravitar".
You may submit one variant per base Pokemon and a maximum of 3/4 (rounded down) of the number of the existing Pokemon.

Voting:
So I kinda wanna try something different and do a pass-the-poll kind of thing.
You may vote for as many subs as you would like each slate (votes will be non-weighted). For the first slate, the 3 subs with the most votes for each base Pokemon will be added to the metagame. After that, the vote threshold for a variant to get in will be the lowest number of votes a winning Pokemon got the previous slate. If less than 3 Pokemon win, the 2nd lowest number of votes is the new threshold.
Slate 0: Base Pokemon
- Bulbasaur: 5
- Charmander: 4
- Squirtle: 3
- Pikachu: 2
- Eevee: 1

Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle are added. The vote threshold for next slate is 3.

Slate 1:
- Bulbasaur1: 5
- Bulbasaur2: 2
- Charmander1: 4
- Charmander2: 4
- Squirtle1: 2
- Squirtle2: 1

Bulbasaur1, Charmander1, and Charmander2 are added. The vote threshold for next slate is 4.

Slate 2:
- Bulbasaur1A: 1
- Bulbasaur1B: 5
- Bulbasaur2: 0
- Charmander 1A: 2
- Charmander 2A: 1
- Charmander 2B: 0
- Squirtle1: 5

Squirtle1 and Bulbasaur1B are added. The vote threshold for next slate is 2.

Slate 3:
- Bulbasaur1A: 6
- Bulbasaur1B1: 6
- Bulbasaur1B2: 5
- Charmander1A: 5
- Squirtle1A: 5
- Squirtle1B: 1

Bulbasaur1A, Bulbasaur1B1, Bulbasaur 1B2, Charmander1A, and Squirtle 1A are added. The vote threshold for next slate is 5.

NOTE: Please do not submit LC Pokemon as bases or numerically name your subs. You can but it's extremely dumb.

Last edited:
Alright, new month, FINALLY made an actual post for Trainermons!!

misty.png
Trainermons
lusamine-nihilego.png

Trainermons focuses on turning a LOT of the usual trainers into competitively viable Pokemon.

How this works:
For Slates:

• Each slate I will post a couple trainers to be turned into Pokemon. Users must submit viable Pokemon that were usual trainers.
  • Submission template:
Trainer Name: (Put the trainer's name here.)
Type Specialty: (What type does the gym use? Specify here (if the trainer has multiple specialties it is OK to have multiple types))
Stats: (Put the stats here. It should be around 540-600 BST.)
Abilities: (Put the abilities for the trainer.)
Competitive Description: (Put a competitive description on what this does. You can be as detailed as possible or you can write a few sectences here.)
Trainer Name: (Put the trainer's name here.)
Typing: (Make sure the typing makes sense - For example, Youngsters should be Normal Type, Bug Catchers should be Bug Type, and so on.)
Stats: (Put the stats here. It should be around 540-600 BST.)
Abilities: (Put the abilities for the trainer.)
Competitive Description: (Put a competitive description on what this does. You can be as detailed as possible or you can write a few sectences here.)
  • Once submissions are over, I will gather the subs that are VIABLE and healthy.
For Voting:
  • Voting will usually go in voting for your favorite trainers out of the best of 5:
EpicMagicaprpr's Brock
RockSpecialties' Brock
TheWaterGod's Misty
FighterOfemAll's Koga
Blue22's Blue (Gen 1)
  • ...where the entries at the top get 5 points and the lowest get 1. If you are self-voting you may only vote yourself twice/once.
Rules:
  • Submissions need to be healthy for the Gen 8 OU metagame.
  • If your entry is overpowered, it will be veto'd until a fix is made.
  • Don't go off-topic with your submissions.
Council:
:slowpoke: SlowAndBruh :slowpoke:
(just me for now, but if you'd like to help out please DM me!)

Last edited:

PalpitoadChamp

Chaos Chaos Chaos
is a Pre-Contributor
Micro Movepools

Concept
: A brand new Pet Mod where every pokemon gets exactly 6 moves.

Explanation: In this Pet Mod, every slate, everyone makes submissions that fit a certain role specified by me. The catch is that every pokemon must have exactly six moves. Every move on that pokemon must be a reliable move that it would run. This meta also unbans dexited moves. Megas, Z-Moves, & Gigantamax/Dynamax are not in this meta.

Name: Pikachu
Typing: Electric
Abilities: Static (H: Lightning Rod)
Stats: 35 / 55 / 40 / 50 / 50 / 90 (BST: 320)
Movepool: Nuzzle, Volt Tackle, Extreme Speed, Encore, Volt Switch, Surf

Miscellaneous: The Council for this mod is currently just me.​

Last edited:
:gs/lugia: Pokemon Shine(placeholder name since i couldn't think of anything better) :gs/ho-oh:
so, you may be wondering "hey regi what is this all about", well, as an answer, in this petmod, we take pokemon, moves, abilities, items and megas from the enxt generations. as you'd expect, this is a gen 2 pet mod.

DISCLAIMER: im not trying to "plagiarize" Hoeen Gaiden.

in this petmod, users can also submit regional variants of pokemon, along with entirely NEW abilities, moves, items and pokemon(forms)!
you can also buff existing pokemon.
Name:
Original Pokemon:(for regional variants and forms)
Abilities:
Type:
Relevant Moves:

Name: Seviper-Johto
Original Pokemon: Seviper
Abilities: Shed Skin/Overcoat/Multiscale (HA)
Type: Dragon
Relevant Moves: Outrage, Fire Blast, Coil, Crunch, Earthquake, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Sucker Punch, Taunt, X-Scissor

Pokemon beeing buffed:
New Stats:
New Abilities:
New Type:
New Moves:

Pokemon beeing buffed: Carnivine
New Stats: 80/115/95/105/83/46 (524 BST)
New Abilities: Levitate/Infiltrator/Flytrap* (traps bug types on contact, specially useful with Sucker Punch)
New Type: (none)
New Moves: Spiky Shield
(most)main legendaries arent allowed for submission. same gos for their signature moves.

:ss/slowking: Pet Mods Community Create-a-Team :ss/kitsunoh:
Concept: SS OU has a community create-a-team in them, so why not bring it over here? This pet mod will create fakemons by making Fakemon teams for Gen 8 OU.
Explanation: This Pet Mod will revolve around Gen 8 OU. Once we get the first cycle done, it's natural to focus on those Fakemons instead of Gen 8 OU. This will also work a bit differently compared to other Pet Mods:
  1. Cycle opens and users submit Fakemon to counter OU mons. They should not be broken in any way.
  2. Once the first slot is done with submissions, voting will work a bit differently. We will be using the Ranked Pairs format for this Pet Mod to determine who wins rather than using the "vote for your faves" type. For example, say that there is 5 Letters you can choose (A, B, C, D, and E,) so you could vote like this: C>A=E>B>D
  3. Once the slot's voting phase is over, I'll gather up the votes using this tool. The second slot is the same as slot 1, but you will have to put a Fakemon to pair with the first Fakemon to help with its weaknesses. Again, it shouldn't be overpowered/broken, cycle repeats.
  4. For a more detailed description on how this works I'd recommend you read the SS OU Community Create-A-Team thread. It's actually what inspired me to make this! :heart:
Misc.: This would be run by a council, currently just me so far. If you'd like to apply for Council Member please DM me on here or on Discord.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that mod already exists as BTT(Break this team)
Technically what makes this different from BTT is that you aren't submitting fakemons to counter Pokemon, you're submitting Fakemons to make a fakemon TEAM to help the Gen 8 OU Meta. BTT isn't really that similar to CCaT (Community Create-a-Team,) and I think you should read the SS UU Break this Team thread to get a better understanding of what makes Pet Mods CCaT different from BBT.

Ema Skye

Work!
:gs/lugia: Pokemon Shine(placeholder name since i couldn't think of anything better) :gs/ho-oh:
so, you may be wondering "hey regi what is this all about", well, as an answer, in this petmod, we take pokemon, moves, abilities, items and megas from the enxt generations. as you'd expect, this is a gen 2 pet mod.

DISCLAIMER: im not trying to "plagiarize" Hoeen Gaiden.

in this petmod, users can also submit regional variants of pokemon, along with entirely NEW abilities, moves, items and pokemon(forms)!
you can also buff existing pokemon.
Name:
Original Pokemon:(for regional variants and forms)
Abilities:
Type:
Relevant Moves:

Name: Seviper-Johto
Original Pokemon: Seviper
Abilities: Shed Skin/Overcoat/Multiscale (HA)
Type: Dragon
Relevant Moves: Outrage, Fire Blast, Coil, Crunch, Earthquake, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Sucker Punch, Taunt, X-Scissor

Pokemon beeing buffed:
New Stats:
New Abilities:
New Type:
New Moves:

Pokemon beeing buffed: Carnivine
New Stats: 80/115/95/105/83/46 (524 BST)
New Abilities: Levitate/Infiltrator/Flytrap* (traps bug types on contact, specially useful with Sucker Punch)
New Type: (none)
New Moves: Spiky Shield
(most)main legendaries arent allowed for submission. same gos for their signature moves.
I question how close this will be to Gen 2 when it brings in abilities, which will completely transform the Gen 2 meta.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Technically what makes this different from BTT is that you aren't submitting fakemons to counter Pokemon, you're submitting Fakemons to make a fakemon TEAM to help the Gen 8 OU Meta. BTT isn't really that similar to CCaT (Community Create-a-Team,) and I think you should read the SS UU Break this Team thread to get a better understanding of what makes Pet Mods CCaT different from BBT.
So the only thing that makes this different from BTT is the fact that its a whole team instead of a core, so 6 fakemon vs 2.

compswamp.png

:Zekrom:Swap the roles, types, stats, etc. of prominent Pokémon in the National Dex OU meta to create a refreshing new meta. To further diversify the meta, original forms of Swapped Pokémon will become banned after slates.:Reshiram:

:kyurem:Pet Mod Concept: In this Pet Mod, highly viable Pokémon will have new variations that are created with the intention of making their play styles contrast their original forms. (Ex. Physically Defensive Original Fire-type Pokémon - could gain a - Specially Defensive Water-type Swapped Version, Etc.) After a slate is over, the original Pokémon of the new swapped variations will be banned from the mod, essentially changing the meta every slate. Some future slates will also focus specifically on buffing mons with low viability. As the mod develops, slated mons will be chosen to fill gaps within the meta. This Pet Mod is to help make Pokémon that are used a lot, less repetitive and surprising by swapping their competitive roles and how they work. It will also be an opportunity to improve on less viable Pokémon in a way that honors their original form while reintroducing them into a new meta.

Examples of Roles to Swap:
There aren’t always roles that necessarily contrast other ones, so feel free to be creative when conceptualizing Swapped Versions.
  • Utility
  • Physical/Special/Mixed Wallbreaker
  • Physical/Special/Mixed Wall
  • Setup Sweeper
  • Choice Item User
  • Pivots
  • Weather Setters/Abusers
    • Stallbreaker
    • Field Abuser
    • Wall
    • Setup Check
    • Cleric
    • Wish Passer
    • Hazard Setter
    • Hazard Control
    • Hazard Control Deterrent
    • Spinblocker
    • Field Setter
    • (There are a more sub and even niche roles, but it is all very dependent on the specific Pokémon.)
Competitive SwapMons:
  • NDex OU Based (without Z-crystals)
  • Competitive SwamMons is focused on creating a fun and refreshing meta with a variety of alternate Swapped versions of viable Pokémon and buffed versions of Pokémon that previously had low viability
  • Highly viable Pokémon can be considered A- tier and up. (using this resource for now, and eventually creating our own VR)
  • Less viable Pokémon (unlisted on viability rankings) will be buffed while still playing in a similar role to that of their base forms.
  • The meta will refresh a lot as viable Pokémon become replaced with swapped versions.
  • This Pet Mod will be heavily discussion based. There will be discussion phases in between and after slates and important discourse on discord to help everyone understand and balance the meta.
  • Slates will start off fast (lasting 1 week) to develop a new meta and eventually follow a slower pace to allow for thorough submission feedback and extra time for creating submissions
The ultimate goal of this mod is to create a refreshing and fast changing meta by making counterparts to viable Pokémon and consequentially removing the original Pokémon from the format. Creating a new Swapped Version will be done by giving a base Pokémon new stats, types, moves, and/or abilities. To make an effective competitive swap for an already viable Pokémon, submitted Pokémon ideas would have to make a distinct change (or swap) to the original Pokémon’s competitive use, as if it were a counterpart to it. When creating a buff/evolution to a Pokémon with low viability, the goal would not be to change much about the original Pokémon’s play style, but instead highlight its strengths and improve on them. In a slate with buffs, you must keep one of the original Pokémon’s types, and if you are going to give it a new typing or change one of its types, it has to have a move that is the same typing as the Pokémon’s new type.

Swapped Version Submission Rules :Meloetta:
What’s considered “Swapped” is subjective, so just make sure to include an explanation for your swap in your submission.
  • :Landorus-therian:Stats
    • The base stat total has to be the same as the original Pokémon’s base stat total.
    • Stat changes should be made with competitive consciousness (-essentially taking into account what its new competitive role is).
    • No minmaxing
  • :tornadus-therian:Typing & Moves
    • New type’s are optional and can be given to further swap a Pokémon’s competitive role (have a reason for giving it a new typing)
    • If you add any new moves, you must remove the same amount of moves from the original Pokémon’s move set
    • Write in your submission if the original Pokémon’s STAB should be removed
      • Ex. A Landorus swapping into a Fire-type swapped version might lose all of its original Ground-type STAB for Fire-type moves and gain niche Ground-type coverage, like Scorching Sands. All of the removed original STAB moves free up space for moves for its new typing.
    • Custom moves should only be given to swap certain Pokémon’s signature moves.
      • Ex. A Heatran submission swapping from Fire/Steel to Ice-type may have an Ice-type version of Magma Storm.
      • Slates will indicate when a Pokémon can be given a custom move
  • :thundurus-therian:Abilities
    • Swapped Versions must have the same amount of abilities as the original Pokémon.
    • Custom abilities should only be given to swap certain Pokémon’s signature abilities.
      • Ex. A Galarian Darmanitan submission swapping from a Physical Wallbreaker into a Special Wallbreaker may have a new ability that is a special version of Gorilla Tactics.
  • :unown-s:Miscellaneous
    • When naming a new Pokémon’s swapped versions, you should keep a similar theme to the original Pokémon’s name, or follow the original Pokémon’s evolutionary line’s name theme.
      • Ex. Corvisquire and Corviknight both have Corvi at the beginning of their name, so if Corviknight had a new swapped version, its name should begin with Corvi.
    • New mega evolutions can be given to swapped versions of Pokémon that originally had megas.
      • Like Mix and Mega, the mega stone will give the same stat boosts, ability, and added typings.
Original Pokémon/Swapped Version Name: [original name] -> [new name]
Typing: [original typing] -> [new typing]
Intended New Role: [new role]
Abilities: [abilities/x/x]
Original Stats: [x HP / x Atk / x Def / x SpA / x SpD / x Spe]
New Stats: [x HP / x Atk / x Def / x SpA / x SpD / x Spe]

Removed/New Move(s): - [removed move(s)] -> + [new move(s)]
Concept: [Prompts: What stats did you change/why? Did you change its typing/why? Why did you make those move changes?]
Competitive: [Prompts: What is this new Pokemon’s competitive use? How does this new Pokémon contrast from the original Pokémon? What Pokémon will this Pokémon compete with? - (this response could turn into candidates for future slates) How will this Pokémon affect the meta?]
(Optional) Possible Sets:
Original Pokémon/Swapped Version Name: :Blissey:Blissey -> Misrissey
Typing: Normal -> Dark
Intended New Role: Physical Wall
Abilities: Scrappy / Nature Cure / Healer
Original Stats: 255 HP / 10 Atk / 10 Def / 75 SpA / 135 SpD / 55 Spe
New Stats: 255 HP / 75 Atk / 135 Def / 10 SpA / 10 SpD / 55 Spe

Removed/New Move(s): - Body Slam -> + Knock Off
Concept: I swapped its Special Attack and Special Defense stats with its Attack and Defense stats. I changed its typing to Dark as it contrasts Blissey’s relation to happiness. In battle, it might inspire people to have more special Fighting, Fairy, or Bug coverage. Greninja might be harder to deal with, so it might be good for future slates to have an answer for it, or for Greninja to be swapped.

Competitive: Misrissey would work as a physically defensive Pokémon instead of a specially defensive Pokémon like Blissey. It could potentially compete with Umbreon, so Umbreon might be due for a buff or swapped version in a future slate. It could affect the meta by making Greninja harder to check, so Greninja may be due for a Swapped version in a future slate.

Set Description: A Blissey set with special defense investment instead of physical defense investment.
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Buff Submission Rules :Victini:
  • The overall boost in base stat total should follow these guidelines:
If original base stat total is:
530 to 600 BST - +0 to BST
525 to 500 BST - +0-30 to BST
499 to 480 BST - +0-40 to BST
479 to 465 BST - +0-60 to BST
464 to 455 BST - +0-70 to BST
454 to 440 BST - +0-80 to BST
439 to 400 BST - +0-90 to BST
399 to 300 BST - +0-125 to BST
299 to 200 BST - +0-200 to BST
  • No minmaxing.
  • You must keep at least one of the original Pokémon's types.
  • New typings for Pokémon buffs can only be given if the original Pokémon has a move of that typing. (This excludes some widely distributed moves like Grass Knot - an official list will be made.)
  • You can add up to five free moves to generally buff a Pokémon (without a new typing), and 10 free moves if you are adding a new typing to the Pokémon. For any other move additions, you must remove the same amount of moves from the Pokémon's original moveset.
Pokémon Name: [name]
Typing: [typing]

Buff Explanation: [explanation]

Council:
:Dragonair:JosJet:Dragonair:
(Please message me if you're interested in helping/joining!)

View attachment 348546
:Zekrom:Swap the roles, types, stats, etc. of prominent Pokémon in the National Dex OU meta to create a refreshing new meta. To further diversify the meta, original forms of Swapped Pokémon will become banned after slates.:Reshiram:

:kyurem:Pet Mod Concept: In this Pet Mod, highly viable Pokémon will have new variations that are created with the intention of making their play styles contrast their original forms. (Ex. Physically Defensive Original Fire-type Pokémon - could gain a - Specially Defensive Water-type Swapped Version, Etc.) After a slate is over, the original Pokémon of the new swapped variations will be banned from the mod, essentially changing the meta every slate. Some future slates will also focus specifically on buffing mons with low viability. As the mod develops, slated mons will be chosen to fill gaps within the meta. This Pet Mod is to help make Pokémon that are used a lot, less repetitive and surprising by swapping their competitive roles and how they work. It will also be an opportunity to improve on less viable Pokémon in a way that honors their original form while reintroducing them into a new meta.

Examples of Roles to Swap:
There aren’t always roles that necessarily contrast other ones, so feel free to be creative when conceptualizing Swapped Versions.
  • Utility
  • Physical/Special/Mixed Wallbreaker
  • Physical/Special/Mixed Wall
  • Setup Sweeper
  • Choice Item User
  • Pivots
  • Weather Setters/Abusers
    • Stallbreaker
    • Field Abuser
    • Wall
    • Setup Check
    • Cleric
    • Wish Passer
    • Hazard Setter
    • Hazard Control
    • Hazard Control Deterrent
    • Spinblocker
    • Field Setter
    • (There are a more sub and even niche roles, but it is all very dependent on the specific Pokémon.)
Competitive SwapMons:
  • NDex OU Based (without Z-crystals)
  • Competitive SwamMons is focused on creating a fun and refreshing meta with a variety of alternate Swapped versions of viable Pokémon and buffed versions of Pokémon that previously had low viability
  • Highly viable Pokémon can be considered A- tier and up. (using this resource for now, and eventually creating our own VR)
  • Less viable Pokémon (unlisted on viability rankings) will be buffed while still playing in a similar role to that of their base forms.
  • The meta will refresh a lot as viable Pokémon become replaced with swapped versions.
  • This Pet Mod will be heavily discussion based. There will be discussion phases in between and after slates and important discourse on discord to help everyone understand and balance the meta.
  • Slates will start off fast (lasting 1 week) to develop a new meta and eventually follow a slower pace to allow for thorough submission feedback and extra time for creating submissions
The ultimate goal of this mod is to create a refreshing and fast changing meta by making counterparts to viable Pokémon and consequentially removing the original Pokémon from the format. Creating a new Swapped Version will be done by giving a base Pokémon new stats, types, moves, and/or abilities. To make an effective competitive swap for an already viable Pokémon, submitted Pokémon ideas would have to make a distinct change (or swap) to the original Pokémon’s competitive use, as if it were a counterpart to it. When creating a buff/evolution to a Pokémon with low viability, the goal would not be to change much about the original Pokémon’s play style, but instead highlight its strengths and improve on them. In a slate with buffs, you must keep one of the original Pokémon’s types, and if you are going to give it a new typing or change one of its types, it has to have a move that is the same typing as the Pokémon’s new type.

Swapped Version Submission Rules :Meloetta:
What’s considered “Swapped” is subjective, so just make sure to include an explanation for your swap in your submission.
  • :Landorus-therian:Stats
    • The base stat total has to be the same as the original Pokémon’s base stat total.
    • Stat changes should be made with competitive consciousness (-essentially taking into account what its new competitive role is).
    • No minmaxing
  • :tornadus-therian:Typing & Moves
    • New type’s are optional and can be given to further swap a Pokémon’s competitive role (have a reason for giving it a new typing)
    • If you add any new moves, you must remove the same amount of moves from the original Pokémon’s move set
    • Write in your submission if the original Pokémon’s STAB should be removed
      • Ex. A Landorus swapping into a Fire-type swapped version might lose all of its original Ground-type STAB for Fire-type moves and gain niche Ground-type coverage, like Scorching Sands. All of the removed original STAB moves free up space for moves for its new typing.
    • Custom moves should only be given to swap certain Pokémon’s signature moves.
      • Ex. A Heatran submission swapping from Fire/Steel to Ice-type may have an Ice-type version of Magma Storm.
      • Slates will indicate when a Pokémon can be given a custom move
  • :thundurus-therian:Abilities
    • Swapped Versions must have the same amount of abilities as the original Pokémon.
    • Custom abilities should only be given to swap certain Pokémon’s signature abilities.
      • Ex. A Galarian Darmanitan submission swapping from a Physical Wallbreaker into a Special Wallbreaker may have a new ability that is a special version of Gorilla Tactics.
  • :unown-s:Miscellaneous
    • When naming a new Pokémon’s swapped versions, you should keep a similar theme to the original Pokémon’s name, or follow the original Pokémon’s evolutionary line’s name theme.
      • Ex. Corvisquire and Corviknight both have Corvi at the beginning of their name, so if Corviknight had a new swapped version, its name should begin with Corvi.
    • New mega evolutions can be given to swapped versions of Pokémon that originally had megas.
      • Like Mix and Mega, the mega stone will give the same stat boosts, ability, and added typings.
Original Pokémon/Swapped Version Name: [original name] -> [new name]
Typing: [original typing] -> [new typing]
Intended New Role: [new role]

Concept: [Prompts: What stats did you change/why? Did you change its typing/why? Why did you make those move changes?]
Competitive: [Prompts: What is this new Pokemon’s competitive use? How does this new Pokémon contrast from the original Pokémon? What Pokémon will this Pokémon compete with? - (this response could turn into candidates for future slates) How will this Pokémon affect the meta?]
Original Pokémon/Swapped Version Name: :Blissey:Blissey -> Misrissey
Typing: Normal -> Dark
Intended New Role: Physical Wall
Abilities: Scrappy / Nature Cure / Healer
Original Stats: 255 HP / 10 Atk / 10 Def / 75 SpA / 135 SpD / 55 Spe
New Stats: 255 HP / 75 Atk / 135 Def / 10 SpA / 10 SpD / 55 Spe

Removed/New Move(s): - Body Slam -> + Knock Off
Concept: I swapped its Special Attack and Special Defense stats with its Attack and Defense stats. I changed its typing to Dark as it contrasts Blissey’s relation to happiness. In battle, it might inspire people to have more special Fighting, Fairy, or Bug coverage. Greninja might be harder to deal with, so it might be good for future slates to have an answer for it, or for Greninja to be swapped.

Competitive: Misrissey would work as a physically defensive Pokémon instead of a specially defensive Pokémon like Blissey. It could potentially compete with Umbreon, so Umbreon might be due for a buff or swapped version in a future slate. It could affect the meta by making Greninja harder to check, so Greninja may be due for a Swapped version in a future slate.

Set Description: A Blissey set with special defense investment instead of physical defense investment.
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Buff Submission Rules :Victini:
  • The overall boost in base stat total should follow these guidelines:
If original base stat total is:
530 to 600 BST - +0 to BST
525 to 500 BST - +0-30 to BST
499 to 480 BST - +0-40 to BST
479 to 465 BST - +0-60 to BST
464 to 455 BST - +0-70 to BST
454 to 440 BST - +0-80 to BST
439 to 400 BST - +0-90 to BST
399 to 300 BST - +0-125 to BST
299 to 200 BST - +0-200 to BST
  • No minmaxing.
  • You must keep at least one of the original Pokémon's types.
  • New typings for Pokémon buffs can only be given if the original Pokémon has a move of that typing. (This excludes some widely distributed moves like Grass Knot - an official list will be made.)
  • You can add up to five free moves to generally buff a Pokémon (without a new typing), and 10 free moves if you are adding a new typing to the Pokémon. For any other move additions, you must remove the same amount of moves from the Pokémon's original moveset.
Pokémon Name: [name]
Typing: [typing]

Buff Explanation: [explanation]

Council:
:Dragonair:JosJet:Dragonair:
(Please message me if you're interested in helping/joining!)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/döppelgangers.3681402/

I think there's significant difference between making a mon that is a counter and making a mon that is stylistically/mechanically "swapped", especially since og mons will be filtered out over time in this meta.
Thank you Best Gal!

Hey Caionamax, Best Gal did a great job at summing it up! SwapMons and Döppelgangers would be very different metagames. Changing a Pokémon's role is a general premise that can be taken down a lot of different routes, and Döppelgangers and SwapMons are great examples of how this could work. While Döppelgangers and SwapMons both somewhat center around Pokémon roles, the goal of Döppelgangers is to create counters to Pokémon and have the newly created Pokémon exist in the same meta as their original forms. SwapMons's main goal, on the other hand, is to essentially create alternatives to already viable Pokémon while specifically removing their original forms from the meta. SwapMons functions by replacing Pokémon, while Döppelgangers functions by having two forms for a Pokémon (a base and a counter). The added restrictions imposed on the slated mons for SwapMons (being A- tier or higher) would also make its metagame differ, especially as it evolves over time. In SwapMons, the addition of buffs for Pokémon with low viability (where they would specifically have to be very similar to their original forms) differs greatly from Döppelgangers. I also believe that removing basic highly viable Pokémon from the meta over time would generally make SwapMons different from a lot of metagames.

- I will also reword some of the explanation so this is clearer!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other feedback, questions, or critiques.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Pet Mod Name: Regional Dex
Pet Mod Concept: Regional Dex is a micro meta where we will release 40 evolution lines and try to create a balanced metagame. Basically, just like generation 8 did, we will limit the number of available pokemon.
Explanation: Most slates, especially the early ones, will have a certain role in mind (Defensive pokemon, pivot...). During the submission phase, users will be able to submit 4 evolution lines. For the voting phase, users will be able to vote for their 6 favotire submission and can self-vote for half the amount of pokemon they submitted rounded up (1-2 subs=1SV, 3-4 subs=2SV). The 2 evolution lines with the most votes will get added to the micro-meta. (Pre-evolutions will also be added in case they are viable in some way) The metagame will end with 40 pokemon.

Questions:
-Should the slates and overall metagame contain more winning pokemon? If so, should we also try to make an Under Used metagame for the mod?
-Should we allow the removal of certain moves/hidden abilities of certain pokemon? Seeing as the goal of the mod is to make a balanced micro-metegame with vanilla pokemon, would move or ability removal make sense within the context of the mod?
Going back on this.

Pet Mod Name: Regional Dex
Pet Mod Concept: This is a metagame centered around playtesting in which only 70 randomly selected evolution lines will be allowed.
Explanation: When the mod begins, I will randomly select 70 evolution lines. These will make up the metagame. This meta will not be national dex meaning mega evolution, z-moves and dexited moves such as hidden power will not be allowed. The goal will be to playtest the metagame and try to make balanced tiers. We would start off with OU or the "main" format and ban pokemon which we consider too powerful or centralizing to Uber. On the other hand, underpowered pokemon will drop to UU. These formats as well as possibly LC or NFE if there is enough interest will be playable as side formats.
Questions:
-How should I deal with different forms of a pokemon? For example, if Ninetales is allowed, should Alolan Ninetales also be allowed?
-Does 70 evolution lines seem enough? Too much? Too little?
-Once we consider the mod's tiers "done", I plan to host a big tournament before moving on to a new group of pokemon. I just want to know how people would feel about this.

Magmajudis

Title pending
Pet Mod Name: (idk please help me for that)
Pet Mod Concept: A mod that creates brand new abilities and distributes them to old mons.
Explanation: Abilities are an essential part of Pokemon ; a mod concentrating on making new ones has the potential to let us understand better what makes an ability good and how a Pokemon could use it without being made totally around it.

The mod would be based on Natdex.

Mons can still only have 3 abilities ; If you give a new ability to a Pokemon that already has three, please remove one of it's existing ones.

(you can give the new abilities to Uber Pokemons, but only as a flavor thing)

Don't do rng stuff please, that's not fun (the freeze/evasion/serene grace kind, not the flame body kind that can actually be planned around).

Submission template:

Ability Name:
Effect:
Users:
Viable Users:

Would be led by a council.

Questions to be answered:

-Is this too similar to Viabilities?
-Should the slates be FFA or focused on a role or something?
-How can i limit the "subs are just abilities that already exist in another mod" effect?

Magmajudis

Title pending
Pet Mod Name: Fill in the Blanks
Pet Mod Concept: Make new mons based around an incomplete set.
Explanation: Every slate, a set would be posted. Then, people will be able to submit a Pokemon that would use that set. The set would be incomplete though; The item might not be specified, or some of the moves (honestly i think it'll be uncommon for the ability to be given).

No custom elements.
Pokemons should be balanced in the OU metagame.
(This would be an OU-based meta)
The Pokemon can have other sets than the one given in the slate, but it should be one of it's main ones.

Name:
Intended Role:
Typing:
Stats:
Ability:
Relevant Moves:
Flavor Moves (optional):
Full Set (optional):
(since the set given in the slates is incomplete you can show how te full one'd look)
Description:
Miscelleanous: Would be led by a council, currently just me.

Feel free to give feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)