Persian rejected 3/3 rip

QC: TheCanadianWifier / hollywood /
GP: /

Overview
########

Persian boasts an excellent Speed stat which allows it to outspeed most Pokemon in the metagame. It also has a good ability in Technician which powers up moves such as Hidden Power and Water Pulse. But, Persian has mediocre offensive and defensive presence. Furthermore, it has a very limited movepool with only few usable options. It has a pretty bad typing with only one immunity and no resistances. Persian is as a physical attacker completely outclassed by Kangaskhan and Kecleon because of their greater power. Lastly, Persian faces heavy competition as a special attacker from Swellow and Pyroar because their better movepool, but Persian's niche lies in access to Nasty Plot and Technician which help it break through bulky walls such as Rhydon and Probopass.

Nasty Plot
########
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Hyper Voice
move 3: Water Pulse
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting
ability: Technician
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Nasty Plot is a good boosting move which doubles Persian's Special Attack, and makes it hit way harder. Hyper Voice is a powerful STAB move that has the added utility of going through Substitutes. Water Pulse is another move boosted by Technician and allows Persian to hit Rock-types such as Rhydon which resist its main STAB, but also hits Fire-types such as Pyroar and Mega Camerupt. Hidden Power Fighting is used in the fourth moveslot as it hits Steel-types such as Probopass, and Ferroseed hard resisting Persian's main STAB. Swift is a STAB attack that never misses and is boosted by Technician, but unlike Hyper Voice, it doesn't go through Substitute. Taunt lets Persian do better against stall teams, and is a usable option too because of that.

Set Details
========

Technician powers up all of Persian's coverage moves in this set by 1.5x the normal amount. Life Orb gives another boost to Persian's attacks, which is really important as Persian is pretty weak. A Timid nature allows Persian to outspeed the majority of the unboosted tier.

Usage Tips
========

Persian usually can't be switched in by itself because of its mediocre bulk, so it usually shouldn't be switched into an attack. Use Nasty Plot when predicting opponents to switch, as you can hit opponents way harder the turn after. Switch Persian out of bulky offensive and Fighting-type Pokemon such as Bouffalant and Hariyama, as they can take a hit and OHKO Persian in return. It also shouldn't be switched into specially defensive Pokemon such as Mantine, because it cannot touch them.

Team Options
========

Hazard support from Pokemon such as Garbodor and Ferroseed is really appreciated, as this way Persian can KO opponents earlier. For example, Mega Steelix is OHKOed by a +2 Water Pulse after a single layer of Spikes. Pokemon such as Mesprit and Swellow that get rid of threatening Fighting-types make good partners as well. Special wallbreakers such as Magmortar make great partners too as they can beat specially defensive Pokemon that can easily outstall Persian. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Musharna and Granbull is good, as status such as paralysis will cripple Persian.

Other Options
########

Despite a small movepool with only a few usable options, Persian has some moves to profit from. A pivot set along the lines of Fake Out / Return / U-turn / Taunt l Knock Off is usable, but mostly outclassed by Kangaskhan and Kecleon because of their superior power. Seed Bomb is an option to hit Pokemon such as Rhydon and Kabutops better, but lacks good power in most situations. Play Rough hits the Fighting-types that threaten Persian better, but because of the lack of power, even when it is supereffective, it isn't worth a moveslot. Gunk Shot can be used to hit Fairy-types such as Mega Audino and Granbull better, but doesn't have reliable accuracy and fails to 2HKO both of those. Thunderbolt is an option for hitting Water- and Flying-types harder, but most are hit by Hyper Voice regardless, so that's not worth it. Switcheroo is an option along with a Choice item to cripple defensive Pokemon, but Persian hasn't got a slot for it. Hypnosis is a final move that can be used to inflict Sleep on opposing Pokemon, but is way to inaccurate for it to be viable.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon with rather okay bulk such as Hariyama, Feraligatr, and Musharna are usually able to take Persian's hits and stall it out, or KO it with one of their attacks.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types are very big problems too as most Fighting-types such as Hariyama and Gurdurr can take Persian's hits with ease and beat it with one of their STAB attacks.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Sawk, Choice Scarf Typhlosion, Fake Out Kangaskhan, and Swellow are able to beat Persian with their STAB attacks because of Persian's low Defenses.

**Status**: Poison will wear Persian down after a couple of turns, paralysis leaves Persian easily revenge killed, and burn will eventually wear Persian down too.

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Call me crazy, but I actually think a Nasty Plot set isn't half bad on Persian (well, compared to the main set anyway). Persian, as a physical attacker, faces soooo much competition from other Normal-types; Kecleon and Kangaskhan make better Fake Out users in general since they are stronger and actually have the necessary coverage to hit Fake Out switch-ins, while speedy Normal-types such as Tauros, Swellow, and Zangoose are much more efficient and don't need to rely on Fake Out chip damage just to KO foes, hell even Miltank and Purugly are probably more threatening attackers than Persian.

65 SpA is not much worse than 70 Atk (both are still pretty bad though), but Persian isn't as outclassed in the special attacking department, or at least does not face nearly as much competition. Pyroar is probably better in the majority of cases, but Persian salvages itself with its ability to boost. Most notably, it takes advantage of the many switch-ins to physical Persian, using that turn to set up, and blast them with +2 attacks. A set consisting of Nasty Plot, Hyper Voice, Water Pulse, and Hidden Power Fire can be a nasty surprise to the likes of Rhydon and Ferroseed, OHKOing both and also doing heavy damage to even Specially Defensive Mega Steelix. It also has more sweeping potential than the physical set, which attacks with 70 Atk Returns :/, and even special Persian's unboosted power does not lag much behind physical Persian.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Steelix: 244-289 (68.9 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Steelix: 338-400 (95.4 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 556-655 (134.2 - 158.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 250-296 (85.6 - 101.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 494-582 (169.1 - 199.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I mean the physical set is pretty mediocre as it is, so I don't see why the 'just-as-mediocre' special attacking set shouldn't be a main set, if not simply to function as a quirky lure.

Also remove Bite from OO, Knock Off is way better even after removing the foe's item. Persian has a lot of other moves that can see an OO mention, such as Hypnosis, Switcheroo, Seed Bomb, Play Rough, etc... though do not hesitate to mention them in a negative context.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Call me crazy, but I actually think a Nasty Plot set isn't half bad on Persian (well, compared to the main set anyway). Persian, as a physical attacker, faces soooo much competition from other Normal-types; Kecleon and Kangaskhan make better Fake Out users in general since they are stronger and actually have the necessary coverage to hit Fake Out switch-ins, while speedy Normal-types such as Tauros, Swellow, and Zangoose are much more efficient and don't need to rely on Fake Out chip damage just to KO foes, hell even Miltank and Purugly are probably more threatening attackers than Persian.

65 SpA is not much worse than 70 Atk (both are still pretty bad though), but Persian isn't as outclassed in the special attacking department, or at least does not face nearly as much competition. Pyroar is probably better in the majority of cases, but Persian salvages itself with its ability to boost. Most notably, it takes advantage of the many switch-ins to physical Persian, using that turn to set up, and blast them with +2 attacks. A set consisting of Nasty Plot, Hyper Voice, Water Pulse, and Hidden Power Fire can be a nasty surprise to the likes of Rhydon and Ferroseed, OHKOing both and also doing heavy damage to even Specially Defensive Mega Steelix. It also has more sweeping potential than the physical set, which attacks with 70 Atk Returns :/, and even special Persian's unboosted power does not lag much behind physical Persian.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Steelix: 244-289 (68.9 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Steelix: 338-400 (95.4 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 556-655 (134.2 - 158.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 250-296 (85.6 - 101.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 494-582 (169.1 - 199.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I mean the physical set is pretty mediocre as it is, so I don't see why the 'just-as-mediocre' special attacking set shouldn't be a main set, if not simply to function as a quirky lure.

Also remove Bite from OO, Knock Off is way better even after removing the foe's item. Persian has a lot of other moves that can see an OO mention, such as Hypnosis, Switcheroo, Seed Bomb, Play Rough, etc... though do not hesitate to mention in a negative context.
Punch, Persian is so weak already that its main niche is being a fast taunt Pokemon that can come in an revenge things with Fake Out and then U-turn out into appropriate walls / checks. I don't think that a Nasty Plot set would be that good in this meta, especially when there are other things such as Mismagius that completely outclass it. If you actually test it out and its not bad I wouldn't be as opposed but right now thats a no from me on a Nasty Plot set.

Punchshroom

Punch, Persian is so weak already that its main niche is being a fast taunt Pokemon that can come in an revenge things with Fake Out and then U-turn out into appropriate walls / checks. I don't think that a Nasty Plot set would be that good in this meta, especially when there are other things such as Mismagius that completely outclass it. If you actually test it out and its not bad I wouldn't be as opposed but right now thats a no from me on a Nasty Plot set.
I really think Persian's effectiveness at using Fake Out is very overrated; sure it has a stronger Fake Out than Kecleon and Kangaskhan but it cannot follow up with other priority moves like the others can, and anyone familiar with NU should realize that Tech Fake Out alone is almost never enough to check threats, as opposed to Fake Out + Sucker Punch, a combo effective enough to be ubiquitous in NU. Worse yet, Persian has remarkably poor offensive presence and all it can really do against Fake Out switch-ins is do a piss weak U-turn on them, while Kecleon and Kangaskhan can at least retaliate with coverage, albeit occasionally but at least they are not helpless.

I'm not rejecting the main set though, but I don't see how the Nasty Plot set is much less effective to the extent that it doesn't warrant a set of its own. Its main function is to lure out the more popular set's counters and switch-ins and hit them hard while having semi-decent sweeping potential (mostly due to effective neutral coverage) of its own; in fact you could almost compare it to SD Samurott since it works on pretty much that exact concept, whose set was approved despite SD Gatr's presence. So no, it is not completely outclassed by other special sweepers. I admit it's not an utterly fantastic set, but the main set is not really that much better in effectiveness / practice anyway so I don't see why it should be rejected, plus it's something Persian has that other Pokemon don't, which is pretty important for a mon that is grasping at straws just to not be outclassed as it is.

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I really think Persian's effectiveness at using Fake Out is very overrated; sure it has a stronger Fake Out than Kecleon and Kangaskhan but it cannot follow up with other priority moves like the others can, and anyone familiar with NU should realize that Tech Fake Out alone is almost check enough to keep threats, as opposed to Fake Out + Sucker Punch, a combo effective enough to be ubiquitous in NU. Worse yet, Persian has remarkably poor offensive presence and all it can really do against Fake Out switch-ins is do a piss weak U-turn on them, while Kecleon and Kangaskhan can at least retaliate, albeit occasionally but at least they are not helpless.

I'm not rejecting the main set though, but I don't see how the Nasty Plot set is much less effective to the extent that it doesn't warrant a set of its own. Its main function is to lure out the more popular set's counters and switch-ins and hit them hard while having semi-decent sweeping potential (mostly due to effective neutral coverage) of its own; in fact you could almost compare it to SD Samurott since it works on pretty much that exact concept, whose set was approved despite SD Gatr's presence. So no, it is not completely outclassed by other special sweepers. I admit it's not an utterly fantastic set, but the main set is not really that much better in effectiveness / practice anyway so I don't see why it should be rejected, plus it's something Persian has that other Pokemon don't, which is pretty important for a mon that is grasping at straws just to not be outclassed as it is.
Persian sits at base 115 and outspeeds the majority of the unboosted meta, it can usually take out weakened threats with a combination of Return and Fake Out and if need be it can pivot out with U-turn into something to take the hit. Its speed and access to Taunt along with U-turn and Fake Out is what it has over Kangaskhan and other Normal-types. Those calcs are definitely impressive, but lets be real here, why on earth would I switch in one of those mons in on a Persian that has just Nasty Plot'd. After the Nasty Plot its clearly going to be a special mon so why would I not switch in my specially bulky Pokemon? Like looking at the calcs I can see why you would want it to get a set, but I just think that put into practice its mediocre bulk and mediocre special attack aren't going to allow it to many opportunities to set up and sweep. Bring back a couple of replays showing it off and I'll change my mind on it.

Ares

I really think Persian's effectiveness at using Fake Out is very overrated; sure it has a stronger Fake Out than Kecleon and Kangaskhan but it cannot follow up with other priority moves like the others can, and anyone familiar with NU should realize that Tech Fake Out alone is almost check enough to keep threats, as opposed to Fake Out + Sucker Punch, a combo effective enough to be ubiquitous in NU. Worse yet, Persian has remarkably poor offensive presence and all it can really do against Fake Out switch-ins is do a piss weak U-turn on them, while Kecleon and Kangaskhan can at least retaliate, albeit occasionally but at least they are not helpless.

Persian sits at base 115 and outspeeds the majority of the unboosted meta, it can usually take out weakened threats with a combination of Return and Fake Out and if need be it can pivot out with U-turn into something to take the hit. Its speed and access to Taunt along with U-turn and Fake Out is what it has over Kangaskhan and other Normal-types. Those calcs are definitely impressive, but lets be real here, why on earth would I switch in one of those mons in on a Persian that has just Nasty Plot'd. After the Nasty Plot its clearly going to be a special mon so why would I not switch in my specially bulky Pokemon? Like looking at the calcs I can see why you would want it to get a set, but I just think that put into practice its mediocre bulk and mediocre special attack aren't going to allow it to many opportunities to set up and sweep. Bring back a couple of replays showing it off and I'll change my mind on it.

Punchshroom

Persian sits at base 115 and outspeeds the majority of the unboosted meta, it can usually take out weakened threats with a combination of Return and Fake Out and if need be it can pivot out with U-turn into something to take the hit. Its speed and access to Taunt along with U-turn and Fake Out is what it has over Kangaskhan and other Normal-types.
That still not a particularly strong niche by itself, since the main reason people use Fake Out users is to check boosted threats. Fake Out, in this instance, is merely to help Persian achieve KOes rather than check opponents, since Technician Fake Out by itself is stopping much less threats than Fake Out + Sucker Punch. The fast Taunt is nice, but very matchup-specific (stops Defog and Stealth Rock I guess) and its sheer fraility coupled with essentially zero resists makes it risky.

why on earth would I switch in one of those mons in on a Persian that has just Nasty Plot'd. After the Nasty Plot its clearly going to be a special mon so why would I not switch in my specially bulky Pokemon? Like looking at the calcs I can see why you would want it to get a set, but I just think that put into practice its mediocre bulk and mediocre special attack aren't going to allow it to many opportunities to set up and sweep. Bring back a couple of replays showing it off and I'll change my mind on it.
This is basically the exact reason why SD Samurott works (and warrants usage over SD Gatr even pre-Malamar); you go for the boost as they switch in their physical Persian counter (dafuq you don't switch to your physical Persian counter after you see the Nasty Plot), they then switch to their special Persian counter, and then Persian is either free to go for two +2 attacks on the switch-in or, more preferably, go all-in with a +4 attack against their special wall to soften them up, especially in the case of Audino, which can't retaliate quickly enough to stop Persian from netting a kill. Also, if you want to make the surprise more immediately potent I suppose you could just blast the switch-in with the coverage move straight away and cleave off >50%, if that suits your fancy.

As for how Persian gets setup opportunities? Well basically like how SD Rott gets it setup opportunities: send it in against opponents threatened by the regular set. Frailer opponents like Lilligant and Pyroar are forced out by the threat of a Tech Fake Out to the face and would switch out to their bulkier Pokemon, usually Ferroseed (especially with the appeal of Iron Barbs), Mega Steelix, and Rhydon. You then bust out the Nasty Plot and smack things for decent damage, and after a boost it can KO the mons that the physical set is meant to check anyway, as well as other mons like Archeops as well.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Lilligant: 413-489 (146.4 - 173.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Typhlosion: 374-442 (125.9 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Archeops: 286-338 (110 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 341-403 (116.7 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Persian Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sawk: 309-367 (105.8 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Scyther: 263-309 (76.6 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Cryogonal: 250-296 (88.9 - 105.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
Most of the mons that Nasty Plot Persian cannot beat, I don't expect physical Persian will be faring much better against.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Nasty Plot be the primary set, as Fake Out + U-turn + Taunt is still Persian's main niche (until we get that damn mirage known as Ambipom XP), but the Nasty Plot set is meant to capitalize on the main set's responses and use that opportunity to present itself as a threat, with the surprise factor being enough to warrant its use over more apparently effective attackers (again, like SD Rott to SD Gatr). Persian may not have any immediate power but it does have the speed and good neutral coverage necessary to make it halfway usable (not that the main set isn't halfway usable itself :I). I still stand by the inclusion of Nasty Plot being included as the second set.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
persian is ass and fake out + taunt will do nothing in a game (mainly because it sucks). if i need priority on a team i will use kangaskhan, which is simply better at everything. being at 115 speed isnt that big of a niche when you are weak and only have return/knock to do damage lol. i don't even know why persian is worked on when there's more important mons needed a revamp/analyse =/

anyway i agree with punchshroom; his set seems like persian's only decent niche so it should be the main set

Thanks for the feedback. So, do I put the current set in OO and make nasty plot the main set? I need to confirm that before making a new moveset when it's not needed.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Please slash Swift over Hyper Voice so that you can name Persian "taylor" and then you can have "Taylor used Swift!"

Honestly, the only niche that the Fake Out + Taunt set has over Kanga is the fact that with taunt, it can somewhat stall break. But with shit defenses, and shit offences, it's not even a good stallbreaker :\ Basically what I'm saying is that the only niche that it has over Kanga as a Fake Out user is access to a fast taunt, which isn't that great of a niche when you cant do anything else but u-turn out.. I'd say the fakeout /taunt /return /uturn set should be a strong mention in OO, but the Nasty Plot set should be the only main set. Also, I kinda wasn't kidding about swift, maybe mention it in moves as an option over Hyper Voice? In rare occasions, you'd rather break a threat's sub than just get some damage off.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Overview
########
I'd say it outclassed by mons like Kanga and Kecleon, but faces competition from Pyroar and specs swellow. It's not really outclassed as a special NP sweeper, it just faces competition; however, it actually really is outclassed as a revenge killer.

Moves
========
mention Steelix either under HP fire or waterpulse, idk which, but it's an important target. I think mentioning it under hp fire would work better with the way you have things worded.

you mention that swift is a stab attack that has poor coverage, but uhm, its literally the same as Hyper voice, lol. Just mention that Swift can also be used, as it breaks Substitutes instead of bypassing them, which can be useful at times if a threat is subbing up and you need it's sub broken.

Set Details
========
Technician doesn't power up Hyper voice, change 'all' to 'coverage moves.'

You don't have to mention that lifeorb 'gives a little recoil' cause people know that. Explain that its really important as Persian is relatively weak and needs all the extra power it can get.

iirc, you don't even need to explain a max/max spread, its better to just remove it as it's just filler and doesnt add much .

idk if you need to mention serp for much longer, might as well change that to ''allows it to outspeed the majority of the unboosted tier''. Come to think of it, is there really a reason to run max speed on persian? Not like the bulk will help it, but there's like nothing relevant in NU from base 111 - 115 lol.

Usage Tips
========
Idk about When the opponent sets up a Substitute, your best go is Hyper Voice, because if it's something like a Sub Klingklang, obviously you're going for HP fire to break the sub, not Hyper Voice to get off 20%. idk if this line is necessary tbh, because you've already explained that Hyper Voice can hit through subs, and im sure the reader can put 2 + 2 together.

Team Options
========
I'm not GP, but remove that comma after "fighting-types", it's driving me crazy.

golurk isnt the most relevant example of a physical wallbreaker, but I couldnt even think of an exmple to replace it other than Zangoose, which also isnt that relevant. I guess leave as it, but ugh lol

Checks & Counters
########
still have fakeout / uturn mentioned under fighting types. :P

if poison wears it down, so does burn. gotta mention both; but the only one it really fears is para.

Implement these and tag me an I'll take another look :]

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Status is worded a bit weirdly, and there's a few typos throughout when you made changes, but you'll catch those in write-up [or the GP team will fix them].
the core information itself looks good enough for a first check :]

[QC 1/3]

Status is worded a bit weirdly, and there's a few typos throughout when you made changes, but you'll catch those in write-up [or the GP team will fix them].
the core information itself looks good enough for a first check :]

[QC 1/3]
Thanks! Ready for the second check.

edit; Tried to fix the wording a bit. Hope it's better now. I also fixed a few typos that I found throughout looking a bit.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hidden Power Fighting is probably better than Hidden Power Fire right now because Probopass is sadly more common than Ferroseed, and you still hit Ferroseed hard? with HP Fighting.

252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 125-148 (42.8 - 50.6%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO

Yeah, I guess that hits hard.

I'd mention Taunt in Moves for this set as well. Taunt + Nasty Plot probably lets Persian do alright against stall.

In the Overview, just say Swellow and Pyroar are more powerful because technically Persian has higher Special Attack than the former even though it's way weaker.

I don't think I'd even bother with all the slow U-turn and Volt Switch mentions. That only really works with frail Pokemon that are also threatening. Otherwise, you're spending your "free switch" on bringing a Persian into the battle. Then again, you could also just use a more threatening Pokemon to begin with. idk.

I guess QC 2/3. The analysis is fine, I suppose, but it's Persian and I think I'd be uncomfortable approving anything.

Hidden Power Fighting is probably better than Hidden Power Fire right now because Probopass is sadly more common than Ferroseed, and you still hit Ferroseed hard? with HP Fighting.

252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 125-148 (42.8 - 50.6%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO

Yeah, I guess that hits hard.

I'd mention Taunt in Moves for this set as well. Taunt + Nasty Plot probably lets Persian do alright against stall.

In the Overview, just say Swellow and Pyroar are more powerful because technically Persian has higher Special Attack than the former even though it's way weaker.

I don't think I'd even bother with all the slow U-turn and Volt Switch mentions. That only really works with frail Pokemon that are also threatening. Otherwise, you're spending your "free switch" on bringing a Persian into the battle. Then again, you could also just use a more threatening Pokemon to begin with. idk.

I guess QC 2/3. The analysis is fine, I suppose, but it's Persian and I think I'd be uncomfortable approving anything.
Thanks, I edited this! Gonna write dis up soon.

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview:
- "Persian's niche lies in access to Nasty Plot and Technician" - explain how this helps Persian (can break past the likes of Rhydon and Probopass and it's fast)

Moves:
- HP Fighting isn't for Mega Steelix because Water Pulse is usually the better option against it. Make sure you say those.
- Say that Swift is an option over Hyper Voice but is inferior because it doesn't break through subs; you make it sound like a main option here :/

Team Options:
- List some KOs gained from hazards eg. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Steelix gets OHKOed by +2 Water Pulse after 1 Spikes

Checks and Counters:

Bulky Pokemon: ik there are a shitton of these but you could at least state some examples :s

Fighting-types: Sawk actually gets OHKOed by +2 Hyper Voice so mention Gurdurr or something

Choice Scarf users: Relabel this as Faster Pokemon so you can put stuff like Fake Out Kangaskhan / Kecleon, Swellow, etc

Soulblaster

Overview:
- "Persian's niche lies in access to Nasty Plot and Technician" - explain how this helps Persian (can break past the likes of Rhydon and Probopass and it's fast)

Moves:
- HP Fighting isn't for Mega Steelix because Water Pulse is usually the better option against it. Make sure you say those.
- Say that Swift is an option over Hyper Voice but is inferior because it doesn't break through subs; you make it sound like a main option here :/

Team Options:
- List some KOs gained from hazards eg. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Steelix gets OHKOed by +2 Water Pulse after 1 Spikes

Checks and Counters:

Bulky Pokemon: ik there are a shitton of these but you could at least state some examples :s

Fighting-types: Sawk actually gets OHKOed by +2 Hyper Voice so mention Gurdurr or something

Choice Scarf users: Relabel this as Faster Pokemon so you can put stuff like Fake Out Kangaskhan / Kecleon, Swellow, etc

Soulblaster
Edited scorpdestroyer! Hope it's fine now.

Punchshroom

Since Persian's main set is a special set, your Overview should probably mention its competition as a special attacker before going on to mention how it is bad / outclassed as a physical attacker.

QC 3/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)