ORAS Doubles OU Perfect Tea

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

WELCOME TO PERFECT TEA (ft. Hashtag)
INTRODUCTION
Once upon a time this noob called Meloetta wanted to make a team around Mega-Diancie and asked the help of someone with it. So yeah

this team is basically 75% made by hashtag but I still wanted to post it because I want advice on this team and because I like using it during battles

so yeah drop ur suggestions in a reply below and thanks hashtag for being a nice noodle

Mega-Diancie is my favourite Mega, pretty cool Pokémon, wanted to build around.

I wanted a strong Pokémon that is able to check Landorus-Therian, considering Mega-Diancie is weak to Landorus-Therian

#: since we are so early in teambuilding
#: i would say you can add whatever you like
I love Keldeo, it resists Steel attacks and it fucks up Mega-Kangaskhan. Great right?!

#: time to check sylveon
#: and we need something bulky
#: our team is gettin v offensive
Meloetta: amoonguss is bulky
Meloetta: and it deals SE damage vs sylveon

I asked hashtag if we needed something to counter or to check so he said more steel answers wouldn't hurt and then he spoke the legendary word
#: tranner

I said that I thought this team was getting a bit Azumarill weak - but then hashtag told me not if you use Quick Guard. So here came legendary assault vest Scrafty.
It also helped with our rain matchup because it was a bulky Fighting type and those seem to be effective vs rain teams
THE CHANGES HERE DOWN BELOW ARE TEST CHANGES

I actually kinda missed a Taunt user bc taunt is god and thundurus is god too
it also helped our matchup vs rain and with HP ice

I was kinda underwhelmed by the ineffectiveness of Amoonguss at some point and the fact that Amoonguss basically couldn't give any offensive contribution, but now I'm using Shaymin-Sky I'm actually underwhelmed by the fact that it doesn't have any defensive contribution, and that's something this team actually lacks. Every Pokémon on this team dies pretty quickly bar Heatran.

heyhi (Mega-Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

Mega-Diancie is a very cool Mega-Pokémon that sadly is OHKO'd quite easily by everything. There's a lot it can kill in one or two hits, but it's a shame that Mega-Diancie herself dies in one or two hits too. Upon Mega-Evolution Diancie gets a great speed tier, which allows it to outspeed quite a lot Pokémon.

Diamond Storm

Basic signature move of this awesome Pokémon. It's a strong STAB attack and is able to deal a lot of damage with Diamond Storm. Paired with a high attack stat and a great side effect this becomes a great move. It beats Fire types and Flying types generally and is a great move have. Especially when your defense stat gets raised, considering Mega-Diancie is a Pokémon that basically dies in one hit.
Moonblast

Moonblast is a super-effective move to have. It hits stuff like common Dark-types and Fighting-types effectively, if it can't kill them off with Diamond Storm. Pokémon like those are Bisharp, Hydreigon, Keldeo and Terrakion, even though it doesn't want to be up against them usually. It's also more effective to use Earth Power versus Bisharp and Terrakion. w/e moonblast is a good move and deals decent damage
Earth Power

It hits Steel-types effectively even though it shouldn't be up against them, never. Deals decent damage versus Aegislash, even though it always dies against Aegi. Also beats opposing Mega-Diancies, even though I don't like having it up versus other Diancie. OHKOs Heatran, deals good damage to Heatran, Bisharp, Megagross and Terrakion, even though that are generally Pokémons you don't want to be up against.
Protect

Self-explanatory move. Basically every Pokémon in this Metagame has this move lol.
DEFENISVELY
Basically Mega-Diancie goes dead against everything. It has a decent Def and SpDef (110), shame about the ridiculously low HP stat (50). It basically dies vs anything that hits it effectively, and most attacks that hit you neutrally. It's a shame, because if it had better bulk, it'd a perfect mon. Also stratos/arcticblast pls don't suspect this Pokémon, because Mega-Diancie is cool as fuck >:(

Taylor Swift (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature

pls no suspect
Other than that this thing carries insane offenses, such as 170 Atk and 120 SpA. It's a shame that it has "only" 95 speed, which is decent but it's not groundbreaking. Other than that it runs great enough coverage to beat most Pokémon.

Ice Beam

Absolutely fucks over Landorus-Therian, as well as dealing decent damage versus Amoonguss and OHKOing Skymin. Other than that it keeps Dragons in check, considering he almost always outspeeds them. Also deals good damage to Thundurus and Venusaur.
Dragon Claw

Great move to hit Dragon-types that are too bulky to die versus Ice Beams, such as Hydreigon and Latios. Sadly useless versus fairies, making this move a bit useless.
Iron Head

Fucks up fairies so hard, this move is amazing and it's insanely effective. It OHKOs basically all fairies apart from like insanely bulky ones and Azumarill. Also fucks up Mega-Diancie, but what doesn't? Also destroys certain Ice-type Pokémon, and Rock-type Pokémon. A very nice coverage move to have.
Fusion Bolt

Generally beats a whole Rain team. Kingdra or Ludicolo can't OHKO in Rain, so that's where Fusion Bolt gains it's effectiveness. Does truly insane damage, and can kill off most Flying-Pokémon too. Truely a lovely move that can also kill off major threats to this team.

I'm actually considering using Earth Power over one of these other moves because Earth Power would be able to beat all other Pokémon that it doesn't hurt quite enough.

Other than that, this Pokémon gets absolutely walled by the likes of Heatran or Aegislash, and other Steel-types in general. Also gets killed off very easily by stuff like Sylveon or other common fairies such as Mega-Gardevoir.

noodle (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

fucking god

Secret Sword

Keldeo's basic signature move. I know that this Keldeo should be Resolute but who even cares. Full SpA Secret Sword Keldeo hits most of the metagame pretty strongly. It's incredibly strong apart from stuff that resists it like Fairies. Also Aegislash doesn't get affected by it, which is a big shame >:(
Quick Guard

Great move in general, by using Quick Guard it becomes immune to Brave Bird Talonflame, but also to stuff like Prankster Thundurus and Fake Outs from Mega-Kangaskhan. In general a great move to have, but you could change it with Icy Wind, as that offers damage but also speed control.
Scald

I chose Scald over Hydro Pump because Keldeo can't rely on Hydro Pump. The 80% accuracy feels way lower, and even though Hydro deals more damage, I feel like Scald is the more effective move.
Scald also offers a 30% burn chance, which can be soooo good against physical attackers. Don't lie, you know you've clicked Scald before in the hope your opponent gets burned. Everybody has =)
Protect

Self-explanatory move. Basically every Pokémon in this Metagame has this move lol.

Dank Kush (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature

defenisvely awesome, I considered using Shaymin-Sky instead of Amoonguss though.

Sludge Bomb

I chose Sludge Bomb over Giga Drain because it can hit Fairies effectively. It's pretty minor but it's still a nice move to have. It's not like it can do big chunks of damage and it's generally chip damage. That's why I won't show you calcs of this.
It's nice that it OHKOs Deoxys-Attack, but also Breloom and it can do like 60% to Skymin, even though this thing should not be up versus Skymin.
Rage Powder

What can you say about a move like this? Can save you matches, makes it easier for your attackers to kill other Pokémons. Shame it doesn't work versus other Grass-Pokémons, because redirecting other Sleep Powders or Spores would be amazing.
Spore

Fucking cheap move. I love it, hitting a Spore is great, and you're basically never doing something wrong when clicking Spore. It's basically always effective.
Protect

420 blaze kek (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature

Also a defensively good Pokémon, offensively it sadly lacks the ability to really OHKO stuff apart from Steels and Bugs.

Heat Wave

Great move that basically always hurts your opponent. It also comes with a chance to burn your opponent which is even better and it hits most of the metagame effectively. OHKOs most of the Steel-types except for Klefki and Jirachi.
Protect

Subsitute

Taking Heatran down behind a Subsitute is difficult, and having Subsitute up actually means one more free turn where you can just use Heat Wave or Earth Power. It's a great move that has won me a few matches.
Earth Power

Hurts Rock-types and Fire-types except for Mega-Charizard-Y. Other than that this move is outclassed a bit.

noodle man (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature

Usually one of my leads, because it has a positive match-up versus a big part of the metagame. If it can't hit it with Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Ice, you can probably cripple it with Thunder Wave and Taunt. Amazing Pokémon.

Thunder Wave

"I'm using Thunder Wave for Speed Control" - said nobody ever.
I actually always feel bad when Thunder Wave fully paralyzes someone yet again, unless when it doesn't matter. Thunder Wave can make your opponents incredibly salty :P
The speed drop makes this move very effective and it can cripple your foes every easily.
Thunderbolt

64 SpA makes it more than enough to OHKO Mega-Charizard-Y, which is incredibly nice. Also Talonflame isn't safe for this either, which is great. Also it has the 10% paralyze chance which is nice for uhhh
speed drops
Hidden Power Ice

Nice move to beat Landorus-Therian. I usually send out Thundurus as lead when I expect my opponent to lead Landorus-Therian. Thundurus is bulky enough to tank a Rock Slide and it has enough SpA to kill Landorus-Therian in return. gg
Also great versus other flying-types and Thundurus.
Taunt

It's impossible for your opponent to use Protect, or King's Shield, or Wide Guard, or Spore, or Rage Powder, or healing moves, or Calm Mind, or Thunder Wave, or Will-O-Wisp, it makes Amoonguss basically effectless etcetera

taunt is a great move

thanks so much for being a noodle ♥

shoutout to Memoric for being a pretty decent god and being the meme king and for this:

shoutout to 13ulbasaur for being one of the nicest people if not the nicest on all of Pokémon Showdown, also your dog is cute

heyhi (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Taylor Swift (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

Noodle (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Protect

Dank Kush (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Last edited:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Meloetta<3, I'll jump right to the rate because I'm sure this team has already garnered its fair share of praise :)

The thing that jumps out to me the most on your team is a slight overreliance on special offense. Diancie and Kyurem-B, while stellar physical attackers, are punishable and weak to a lot of common attack types. This is especially true for Kyurem-B, who is Scarf and therefore less able to take advantage of one of its greatest assets - coverage. Your team also struggles against special tanks; CM Cress rips this team apart, as no Pokemon on your team can reliably 3HKO it. Fairy-types also give this team a lot of issues; you dont lack switchins but Fairy-types switching into locked Kyurem-B can deal a whole lot of damage, especially since your Fairy switch ins are generally weak.

It doesn't seem like Thundurus is doing much for this team. Speed control is barely necessary; Amoonguss is slow as shit anyway and Keldeo / Diancie / Kyurem-B are one of the fastest Pokemon in the tier. The best application of Thundurus I can see here is Taunt, but Trick Rooms that deserve acknowledgement all have ways to circumvent it. Speed control can easily be put on Keldeo, which is why Im suggesting Icy Wind over Quick Guard on Keldeo. Priority doesnt threaten you much; Talonflame is hard walled by Heatran and provides Diancie with an easy target, and MKang has trouble staying in against Keldeo anyway.

Instead of Thundurus, I suggest Focus Sash Bisharp.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Bisharp covers many holes in this team; it donks Fairy-types and Cresselia for a lot of damage, easily OHKOing / 2HKOing both. Its powerful physical type coverage also helps you muscle past special tanks and hit Steel-types. Defiant is also really helpful for this team; you deter Landorus-T just as well and even punish it for playing too offensively, and you help counter spread Speed control, which also threatens this team. Focus Sash gives you a panic button, Sucker Punch gives you priority which you didn't previously have, and the coverage helps you beat Trick Room setters offensively. Knock Off also helps remove Safety Goggles and Assault Vest, two items that also give the team a lot of trouble.

After this, I suggest Giga Drain over Sludge Bomb on Amoonguss. With Bisharp, you no longer need Amoonguss to use Sludge Bomb (not that it would hit them very hard anyway.) Giga Drain helps you against Ground-types, which are now a bit more threatening, such as Mega Swampert, and gives you greater ability to deal chip damage against Water-types, which you now can't hit super effectively as easily anymore.

Finally, some set adjustments: the Heatran set doesn't make much sense; Air Balloon itself is pretty bad already, and it should be even less necessary since you already have taken so many measures to check Landorus-T. Your EV spread is also weird, and the set doesn't really match the team's purpose. I would either switch to Shuca and then use WilloWisp instead of Substitute to catch rogue Mega Kangaskhan, or switch to Lefties and run full on Sub Heatran. Air Balloon just isn't that useful in Doubles.

Good luck!

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice cm cresselia checks. You also lack a decent answer to tr since cresselia again beats the whole team.

And idk what elyte was going for but tossing thund-I means you auto lose to Any team with speed control (pretty much all teams). Also your team is hard as fuck to read due to lack of pictures which makes it awk as fuck. Also you seemed to edit your team but didn't post updated sets? Plz fix then I can prkbably come up with some fix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)