Pangoro's family

Hello, this is my first RU team, and I want some help for improve him.

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Parting Shot

At first time, I have wanted to test Pangoro, he looks like a really strong wallbreaker. And with Parting Shot, he can scout really easily. I choose Scrappy for hurt Spiritomb.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Pursuit
- Rest

I choose him for the coverage with Pangoro, he resist to all weakness of the Panda, and he is really a good mix'd wall. And, he is a really good pursuiter.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect
- Moonblast

I needed a Cleric and a Wisher, who tank the special sweeper.

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Dragalge looks like Pangoro, a real wallbreaker. He have a move pool so huge. A fantastic coverage, I had choose Hydro Pump Emboar particulary.

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Moltres is one of my favorite special sweeper. He can do some damage against a team not prepared, and with HP Grass, I can kill Gastrodon.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I wanted a defog + SR, but I don't know who use, so I have use him.

I'm sorry for no develop more, I have an english really bad. Thanks for read, and future reply.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there, Holiano!

This is a cool team you've put together, and I can tell that you're somewhat new at the tier. The mons you chose are all great for this tier, and together they make a pretty solid team, but I'd like to suggest more optimal movesets for the RU metagame, so that the Pokemon you're using can perform better. :)

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy -> Iron Fist
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm -> Drain Punch
- Crunch -> Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Parting Shot

I'd like to recommend these changes to your Pangoro set. Drain Punch and Knock Off as STAB moves are a lot more helpful to Pangoro than Hammer Arm and Crunch, for a variety of reasons. Being able to recover health and remove items from its targets are great assets that far exceed the benefits of just dealing damage. Iron Fist puts more power into Drain Punch and allows it to gain more health back in the process. I know you wanted Scrappy so that you could hurt Spiritomb, but Knock Off hurts Spiritomb more than enough, and the ability to hit it with your Fighting STAB is not as valuable as the boost you get against everything else with Drain Punch by running Iron Fist.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

I'd like to recommend this Swords Dance Doublade set over your current one. This is probably the best set Doublade can run in RU. It functions best as a bulky setup sweeper with its excellent STABs, great bulk and resistances, and priority in Shadow Sneak. It doesn't make a good user of Pursuit because it lacks STAB on the move, and it doesn't make a very good status absorber with Rest, either, because that would put its great offensive potential to waste. Against the many Pokemon in the tier that can't touch it, Doublade can set up a Swords Dance and sweep. Eviolite lets it tank hits while it either sets up further or dishes out damage. Shadow Sneak picks off damaged foes and can even OHKO some important foes like Delphox after a Swords Dance, meaning it never has to take a Fire Blast. 44 EVs are standard here for outspeeding no-Speed Rhyperior, but you can move some EVs from HP to Speed if you want to Speed creep. :)

Everything else looks okay, though you should probably replace Dragalge's Hydro Pump with Hidden Power Fire to be sure you can hit the likes of Escavalier on the switch. Since you already have Moltres, though, Dragon Pulse makes a good alternative that lets you get off a strong Dragon-type STAB while not lowering your stats, making it not quite as potent as Draco Meteor, but certainly more spammable. The team doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses, really. Good job. :)

This concludes my rate! I hope you found my suggestions helpful and I wish you success with your team!

Thanks for that reply Goddess Briyella, I hadn't see that Pangoro learn Knock Off. And I have a question, play Pangoro Assault Vest under the Choice Band isn't a good idea ?
And for Doublade, I have just pick the set the smogondex n_n.
And, play mega audino under aromatisse is possible ?

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Thanks for that reply Goddess Briyella, I hadn't see that Pangoro learn Knock Off. And I have a question, play Pangoro Assault Vest under the Choice Band isn't a good idea ?
And for Doublade, I have just pick the set the smogondex n_n.
And, play mega audino under aromatisse is possible ?
Assault Vest isn't recommended for Pangoro because it wants something that lets it exert its power; it doesn't really have the bulk or need to make good use of it. It won't want to take Scald, Moonblast, or Hurricane anyway.

Mega Audino is fun for stall, and it's really bulky and good for a Knock Off shield, but it does have its disadvantages, mainly no Leftovers/Regenerator recovery, and its Normal typing nullifies its Fighting resistance, which is only compensated by a Ghost immunity that doesn't really help a lot (it could take Ghost attacks just fine if it were a pure Fairy-type). Additionally, Aromatisse's immunity to Taunt/Encore via Aroma Veil and the Special Attack drop chance from Moonblast are other key advantages that make it better than Mega Audino. It can work if you know what you're doing, but I recommend using Aromatisse. :)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You can maybe run Scald over Hydro Pump on Dragalge, as the burn chance can really help against Steel-type switch-ins. It lets the rest of your team match up well, in case Steath Rock are up and Moltres can't come in freely. It almost OHKOes Specially Defensive Rhyperior anyway, so you only need a little chip damage, and Emboar isn't too much to be worried about yet that you would need the power of Hydro Pump over Scald.

Other than that, I usually wouldn't use Defog and Stealth Rock on Gligar at the same time but for you Defog is pretty important and there isn't really a Pokemon you can clearly change for Rocks so it works out.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Goddess Briyella Holiano Scrappy is preferred over Iron Fist on Choice Band Pangoro because then you don't even have to predict against ghosts, and just click Superpower because it has no immunities. This is the 'optimal' choice band Pangoro set:

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot / Ice Punch

Iron Fist + Drain Punch is better utilized by other sets of Pangoro, mostly the Swords Dance set. Max speed allows you to outspeed Gligar and everything up to that.

Consider running Dragon Pulse on your Dragalge as a Dragon-type STAB that you can spam easily if the opponent has a weakened Steel-type and you don't want to lock yourself into sludge bomb.

Reactions: g

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)