Palette Pals [Now Playable! See Post #54]

Sobi

Banned deucer.
approved by Eevee General and The Immortal
thanks to Mygavolt for the new name
art by f(x)

PALETTE PALS

PREMISE
What if your Pokemon could "give" its stats to its teammates? Well, that is exactly what happens in Palette Pals™. All Pokemon that share the same dex colour (this/these Pokemon are called "stat receivers") as the Pokemon closest to the 1st slot (this Pokemon is called the "stat giver") get to share their base stats as well. This means that careful thoughts will have to be put into teambuilding, as well as the right choices when picking the stat giver. If you want a defensive team, perhaps you might want to have Cresselia (120/70/120/75/130/85) , though if you want an offensive team, Thundurus (79/115/70/125/80/111) isn't a bad pick. If you prefer balanced teams, though, why not go for Jirachi (100/100/100/100/100/100) or Manaphy (100/100/100/100/100/100)?
Latias / Druddigon / Mesprit / Corsola / Starmie / Mega Glalie

Latias - being the red Pokemon furthest to the left - gives its stats to Druddigon, Mesprit - being the pink Pokemon furthest to the left - gives its stats to Corsola, and Starmie & Mega Glalie don't give their stats to any Pokemon.

CLAUSES, BANS, AND RULES

- All OU clauses, which can be found here.
- All standard OU bans.
- Huge Power / Pure Power are banned, as well as Medichamite.
- Kyurem-B is banned.
- Slaking, Regigigas, Light Ball, Eviolite, Deep Sea Tooth, Deep Sea Scale, Thick Club are banned as of 2nd August.
- The unmodified (abilities are not taken into account, Eviolite / items / EVs and IVs are not as well) base stats are given to the stat receivers.

METAGAME THOUGHTS

All three major playstyles—stall, balance, and hyper offense—will be unique in their own ways, as for each playstyle, there are a plethora of viable stat givers. Choosing what stat receivers will be on your team won't be as easy, as not all Pokemon will receive the stat givers's stats, so you'll have to find a Pokemon that is both viable and shares the same dex colour as the stat giver.​

Q&A

Q: Which Pokemon have a <colour> dex colour?
A: To find this out, go on Pokemon Showdown!, and type /dexsearch (colour) or /ds (colour).

Q: If a Mega Pokemon is the stat giver, do the stat receivers get the Mega Pokemon's base stats or its regular forme's base stats?
A: Good question—the stat receivers get the base stats of the regular forme. This is the case if a Mega Pokemon is the stat giver.

Q: What dex colours are there?
A: You can see what Pokemon belong to each dex colour by visiting this link.

Q: If a non-Mega Pokemon, for example Darmanitan, is the stat giver, does it give the Mega Pokemon or the regular forme the stats?
A: It gives the Mega Pokemon the stats. So, you'll send out the Pokemon (it has Darmanitan's stats), Mega Evolve it, and it will still have Darmanitan's stats. This is the case if a Mega Pokemon is the stat receiver.

RESOURCES

Bans [bar default bans/quickbans]: Slaking, Regigigas, Light Ball, Eviolite, Deep Sea Tooth, Deep Sea Scale, Thick Club
Replays: None
Playable: dragonheaven.psim.us, rom.psim.us
Posts: Notable Stat Givers by Color by Mygavolt, Evolution Lines with Differently Coloured Pokemon by Mygavolt.​

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Replay & Team Archive

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-palettepals-739

Teams

by OriolesFan52
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Facade

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Wailord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Corsola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect

Ursaring receives from lando t gaining even more attack and massive speed and is effectively a late game sweeper with quick feet and facade plus cc and crunch for coverage. Wailord receives from azelf and gains a ton of speed and power so that water spout hits like a truck. Finally, corsola gains a ton of bulk from mew and has a good movepool plus a very good ability in regenerator to become an effective wall

by Sobi
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Bomb

Basculin @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Tyranitar + Cradily work as a good core, the latter setting Stealth Rock and switching into Water-type moves for Tyranitar while the former breaks past teams with its STAB and coverage moves boosted by a Choice Band. Cradily appreciates the boost in Speed, its offenses, and its defenses to be a better specially defensive wall. Tyranitar also gives Basculin a much better Attack stat at the cost of a bit of Speed but it can fire off Reckless- and Life Orb-boosted Double-Edges all day long. Alakazam gives Volcanion terrible bulk, but much better Speed and a slight improvement in Special Attack to make it a threatening Steam Eruption spammer. Finally, Thundurus is a neutral Pokemon there to provide useful utility in Knock Off and Thunder Wave and a Ground immunity.

by Mygavolt
Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hyper Voice

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Solar Beam
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Base Stats: 62/55/52/109/94/109
Changes in Ninetales's stats: -11 HP, -21 Atk, -23 Def, +28 Sp.Atk, -6 Sp.Def, +9 Speed

A rather odd combination of pals, but bear with me here. Stat-wise, at the expense of some bulk, Ninetales gets a direct improvement in offensive prowess, letting it reach a better Speed tier and actually deal respectable damage. On the other side, Heliolisk benefits by taking advantage of Ninetales's Drought in order to activate its less common Ability: Solar Power. They may not have the best type synergy, but they do have offensive synergy. Heliolisk has Electric STAB to hit most Fire-types neutrally, as well as HP Ice for Dragons, while Ninetales has Energy Ball for Water/Ground-types. Ninetales also has Nasty Plot for increasing its damage output if necessary.

Base Stats: 78/84/78/109/85/100 -> 78/104/78/159/115/100

Mostly a backup sun setter in case Ninetales goes down, although it can do a lot of damage on its own with Fire STAB, Solar Beam, and Focus Blast coming off of its hefty base 159 Special Attack.

Base Stats: 89/145/90/105/80/91
Changes in Shiftry's stats: -1 HP, +45 Atk, +30 Def, +15 Sp.Atk, +20 Sp.Def, +11 Speed
Changes in Hitmonlee's stats: +39 HP, +25 Atk, +37 Def, +70 Sp.Atk, -30 Sp.Def, +4 Speed

With all the special attackers already on the team, I felt like it could use some physical strength as well. What better place to turn than Lando-T+Shiftry with Hitmonlee as backup? Lando-T acts as a defensive pivot for the team that can set up hazards and whittle down those who plan to prey on the weaker defensive stat of the special attackers of the team. Shiftry not only hits hard with its new and improved base 145 Attack, but it also gains a bit of extra Speed with which it can potentially wreak havoc with its STAB moves and remove hazards with Defog if needed. Hitmonlee is an alternative hazard clearer with a failsafe in (potentially Normal Gem-boosted) Fake Out in case an opposing sweeper goes awry in the absence of the sun and/or Shiftry. It also carries Fighting STAB with which it can deal massive damage to Tyranitar and bulky Normal-types.

Perhaps the Shiftry and/or Hitmonlee set could forgo a bit of Speed in favor of Special Attack or extra bulk respectively, because base 91 with Chlorophyll/Unburden is already quite impressive.

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Collection of Good Pairs
(on the left: stat giver, on the right: stat receivers)

+

+

+

+
(
/
) +

+

+

+

(
/
) +

+

+

+

+

(
/
) +

+

+

(
/
/
) +

(
/
/
) +

(
/
/
/
) +

(
/
) +

(
/
) +

+

(
/
/
/
/
/
) +

+

(
/
) +

+

+

+

+

+

(
/
)+

+

+

+

(
/
/
) +

+

+

+

+

+

+

+
+

+

+

+[
/
]
+

+

+

+

+

+

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
Well, right off the bat eviolite seems really strong. Cresselia does look like one of the better choices for leader, but there are a lot of stupidly bulky NfEs with recovery. Tangelaa, for instance, seems like a monster if you have green.
Any yellow team wants Pikachu, as it has an insane item and a decent movepool on both sides. The same can probably be said for clamperl and Marowak for their own colors.

On Regigigas: it seems better than slaking, as it can at least thunderwave things instead of just being setup bait. They do have different colors, though. What makes Regigigas broken, however, is bellyspeed. Both Linoone and Smeargle get that combo, and the latter can even run coverage to handle unawares (more likely, however, is it running spore). Something like belly drum/extreme speed/seed bomb/shadow claw and belly drum/extreme speed/Spore/Knock off seems most likely.
Actually, Smeargle in general seems good. It can run physical and special sets, although no donators are as good as Regigigas.

Strange Meta Thoughts: you probably want your mega to be a different color, to benefit from the stat boosts.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
cool meta! Initial thoughts:

stall ft suicune (but use Wooper for Grass Know/Low Kick weight + Eviolite - shoutouts user Deathly ♛The King)

Arena Trap (on Brown) is probably broken because you have all of Lando-T, Heatran, Slaking, Dnite, and Trapinch/Dugtrio for trappers. Eviolite is kinda nuts. People in the OM room have been talking about Bellyspeed (on Slaking teams)

Corsola (Pink) has an amazing movepool and 3 great abilities, but crap stats, here it can fix that.

Masquerain (Blue) is also in a similar boat - its typing is "eh", but Quiver Dance + Roost + Intimidate = yum

Yellow has Haxorus as a lead alongside Victini and Shuckle (shell smash shuckle actually relevant!) for hyper offense and Haxorus ignores Unaware!

Green teams get Kecleon and Serperior with Celebi (or shaymin, w/e)/Tornadus's statline.

Too lazy to think about weather but I imagine there's a LOT of potential here.

on regi/slaking: I would happily go 5v6 to use those statlines. Similarly for Kyub on Grey (thank god Huge Power is banned, Diggersby is grey lmao). Talonflame Fletchinder with 170 base attack? Klinklang probably doesn't care about a lack of coverage when it just destroys souls. edit: reading is hard lmao
on other bans: I'd ban Eviolite/Light Ball/Thick Club/DeepSeaTooth/DeepSeaScale. They all seem fairly imbalanced for fairly obvious reasons (147 Atk Pure Power Pikachu lmao nice life).

Last edited:
Well I'm a huge fan of OMs, especially the new ones since they always seem more creative. While I haven't quite formed an opinion on Regigigas/Slaking, I do believe one threat that everyone thinks Im joking about will be a top threat...

With Cress as the leader or trader or w/e, Pikachu gets +85 HP, +15 Attack, +80 Defense, +25 Special Attack, +80 Special Defense, - 5 speed. That is actually crazy.. Pikachu now has an even stronger Volt Tackle and because of the HP it doesnt receive the massive recoil. I can't wait to see what people can do with this.

Edit: Sniped rip

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Regigigas can share a stat with:
Togekiss, Gardevoir-Mega and other pokémon
Togekiss and Gardevoir not only have
110/160/110/80/110/100
But, Togekiss have Hustle, with Aerial Ace and Extreme Speed
Gardevoir-Mega have Pixilate + Return / Double Edge, Zen Headbutt and the Elemental Punches (Fire Punch gives coverage against Steel types but Heatran)

Slaking can give 150/160/100/95/65/100 to Landorus-T, Pinsir-Mega, Dragonite these stats, with Intimidate, Aerilate and Extreme Speed respectively

We can still have awesome walls like Furfrou, can receive the Amoonguss or Regigigas Stats, with Fur Coat but I still think Regigigas and Slaking are way too overpowered for this
We can see if is needed to ban some too overpowered receivers pokémon like Furfrou (114/70/80 bulk + Fur Coat) Pikachu or Light Ball (75/140/65/112/65/110 with Light Ball plus Extreme Speed, Volt Tackle, Fake Out) and finally I think Slaking and Regigigas are too overpowered givers and deserve be banned.

Can I suggest a change?

Lets say this is my team

Now Tornadus-Therian and Zygarde are GREEN, Chansey and Snorlax are PINK and Sableye and Gliscor are Purple. Instead of making it so every Green pokemon gets Torndus-therian's stats, how about...

Tornadus-Therian and Zygarde both have Tornadus-Therian's BST

Chansey and Slowbro both have Chansey's BST

Sableye and Gliscor both have Sableye's BST

This increases the possibilities for teambuilding, with less restrictions. If you didn't catch on the mon furthest to the left gifts its BST to every other pokemon of the same colour.

Thoughts?

Archeops could make a decent lead, use it as a suicide lead. Pair it with a Jirachi and you've given your team a flinching machine with 140 base attack and 110 speed, would be horrible annoying to stop for offensive teams...

Kecleon with something like Tyranitar's stats looks really useful, Protean is so good as well as having multiple forms of STAB priority, this could be a huge menace for HO teams

Eviolite should go though, defensive teams are going to be crazy bulky, as too should pokemon specific items, like the Light Ball or Thick Club as they'll almost definitely end up being overpowered.

Ditto is classified as purple rather than pink for some reason, but you can at least run it as essentially Imposter Drifblim, though that stat distribution isn't something you're likely to want to spread to anything else.

If Shedinja takes stats from something like Dragonite or Landorus, is it supposed to end up with usable HP so it can survive a hit?

Or the other way around: using Shedinja to give its statline to one or two Sashed FEAR sets, where even if they don't try to hit you, your Endeavor takes them all the way to 1 instead of 11-12. Not worth building a team around, and tremendously fragile to rocks or sand, but someone might try it.

Riolu's Prankster phazing set, but with Suicune's statline? Don't go dumping your priority moves for all-out gimmick teams, at least.

Hopefully I'm doing this right; so, Blissey can give Clefairy its stats, and then Clefairy can hold Eviolite and become a Fairy-type Chansey with better stats?

It has basically no offensive presence (lacks Seismic Toss), but it has a great defensive typing (arguably better than Normal) and gets Magic Guard.

It can't do anything in terms of attacking, but it could potentially Toxic stall some things to death, and it seems like it could be a great cleric.

Hopefully I'm doing this right; so, Blissey can give Clefairy its stats, and then Clefairy can hold Eviolite and become a Fairy-type Chansey with better stats?

It has basically no offensive presence (lacks Seismic Toss), but it has a great defensive typing (arguably better than Normal) and gets Magic Guard.

It can't do anything in terms of attacking, but it could potentially Toxic stall some things to death, and it seems like it could be a great cleric.
Yes, that is correct. I'm not sure why you would use Chansey over blissey, though.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I'd ban Eviolite/Light Ball/Thick Club/DeepSeaTooth/DeepSeaScale. They all seem fairly imbalanced for fairly obvious reasons (147 Atk Pure Power Pikachu lmao nice life).
We can see if is needed to ban some too overpowered receivers pokémon like Furfrou (114/70/80 bulk + Fur Coat) Pikachu or Light Ball (75/140/65/112/65/110 with Light Ball plus Extreme Speed, Volt Tackle, Fake Out) and finally I think Slaking and Regigigas are too overpowered givers and deserve be banned.
I agree with both of these statements; with stat-modifying items being allowed combined with some Pokemon's astonishingly high stats, some Pokemon can get a bit too hard to defeat and therefore broken, which is why i'm thinking of banning eviolite, light ball, thick club, deep sea tooth, and deep sea scale if a few more people agree, since you can give a marowak the stats of landorus-t with a thick club, chansey the stats of suicune with an eviolite, clamperl the stats of starmie with deep sea tooth or the stats of suicune with a deep sea scale

not only am i willing to ban the above items, but if again a few people agree, i'm considering banning slaking and regigigas. now these two pokemon were originally quick banned from the meta but i didn't like having so many quickbans and was hoping to see if people noticed them being huge threats, which you guys have done. despite their terrible abilities that hold them back, slaking and regigigas can give their stats to another powerful pokemon that can take advantage of them without truant or slow start holding them back. for example, regigigas -> slurpuff seems like an interesting combo, once slurpuff consumes its sitrus berry after using belly drum, it gains a speed boost and a devastatingly high attack stat and can probably sweep a team (although unaware wooper with eviolite and suicune's stats can stop it hehe)
Can I suggest a change?

Lets say this is my team

Now Tornadus-Therian and Zygarde are GREEN, Chansey and Snorlax are PINK and Sableye and Gliscor are Purple. Instead of making it so every Green pokemon gets Torndus-therian's stats, how about...

Tornadus-Therian and Zygarde both have Tornadus-Therian's BST

Chansey and Slowbro both have Chansey's BST

Sableye and Gliscor both have Sableye's BST

This increases the possibilities for teambuilding, with less restrictions. If you didn't catch on the mon furthest to the left gifts its BST to every other pokemon of the same colour.

Thoughts?
i like this idea; i think instead of having the pokemon in the 1st slot be the stat giver, all pokemon closer to the 1st slot that is of a certain colour gives their stats to the other pokemon with the same colour eg:

[green1] [pink1] [green2] [red1] [pink2] [red2]

green 1 is furthest to the 1st slot than green 2 and therefore gives its stats to green 2
pink 1 is furthest to the 1st slot than pink 2 and therefore gives its stats to pink 2
red 1 is furthest to the 1st slot than pink 2 and therefore gives its stats to red 2

[green 1] [pink 1] [green 2] [pink 2] [green 3] [pink 3]

green 1 is furthest to the 1st slot than green 2 and green 3 and therefore gives its stats to them
pink 1 is furthest to the 1st slot than pink 1 and pink 2 and therefore gives its stats to them

this should hopefully allow more variety when it comes to stat givers (which are now not the 1st pokemon in the slot but rather the pokemon of a certain colour that is closer to the 1st slot [or in short terms, on the left])
If Shedinja takes stats from something like Dragonite or Landorus, is it supposed to end up with usable HP so it can survive a hit?
yes, when shedinja is sent out, its hp becomes that of dragonite / landorus-t.

tl;dr

- more opinions on banning eviolite and other stat-boosting items as mentioned above
- more opinions on banning regigigas and slaking
- opinions on changing the rules a bit to allow more than 1 stat giver

edit

- poll on banning eviolite and other stat-boosting items
- poll on banning regigigas and slaking
- poll on multiple stat givers
- i will check them tonight and make a decision

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
sorry for the double post, but i have the results of the poll
10 yes, 3 no

14 yes, 1 no

15 yes, 2 no

so this means that

• eviolite / thick club / light ball / deep sea tooth / deep sea scale are all banned
  • regigigas and slaking are banned
  • multiple stat givers are allowed, the pokemon of a certain colour that is closer to the left is the stat giver.
the op will be changed to reflect the above changes, thanks for the discussion guys, keep it up

This metagame seems like a really cool idea and id like to share a pairing that seems pretty good

Since pangoro and linoone are both white in the dex linoone now gets a massive 124atk to abuse with belly speed with slightly better bulk
It gains +27hp +54atk +17def +19spatk +10 spdef but sadly loses 42 speed but that doesnt matter that much since youll be using espeed most of the time

Hopefully this gets implemented on a server soon because i look forward to playing it.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Tornadus-I gives Lilligant +9 HP, +55 Atk, -5 Def, +15 Sp Atk, +5 Sp Def and +21 Spe.
Now with 111 base speed, Lilligant can utilize Sleep Powder to put an entire speed tier to sleep, from Landorus-Therian to Gengar, and with 125 Sp Atk and access to Quiver Dance, it becomes a very nice threat. A Sun team set might even run Chlorophyll Growth, since it would get +2 Atk/+2 SpAtk/+2 Spe and it has amazing mixed stats.

Azelf gives Kingdra +0 HP, +30 Atk, -25 Def, +30 Sp Atk, -25 Sp Def and +30 Spe. Critdra becomes a frail, deadly monster. Crits boost both physical and special, now that it wouldn't need that much investment to reliably OHKO/2HKO certain threats, it can run mixed and crit everything to death.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
some good pairs for the dex colour black:

(stat giver) stat receiver

(
)

stats difference: -16 HP, -10 attack, +45 defense, +53 spatk, +48 spd, -11 spe

chatot really appreciates having chandelure's stats due to the latters fantastic special attack, allowing chatot to fire off powerful boombursts. while it does become slightly slower, a choice scarf can remedy this problem, though a choice specs can be used to make boomburst even more powerful. an increase in both defenses makes chatot bulkier as well.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Chatot Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 466-550 (165.8 - 195.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chatot Hidden Power Fighting vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 316-372 (86.3 - 101.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chatot Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 628-740 (231.7 - 273%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chatot Boomburst vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 466-550 (111.7 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(
)

stat difference: -3 HP, +20 attack, +5 def, -55 spatk, +25 spd, +60 spe

while seviper loses out on its original base 100 special attack stat, it can show off its increased base 120 attack stat, as well as its base 125 speed stat, which allows it to hit the foe with fast and powerful poison jab's and utilize its other coverage moves as well.

252 Atk Life Orb Seviper Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 250-294 (103.7 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Seviper Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 338-400 (85.7 - 101.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Seviper Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 510-603 (132.1 - 156.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Seviper Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 335-398 (115.1 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Seviper Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 473-562 (168.3 - 200%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Seviper Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 364-429 (100.8 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Seviper Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jirachi: 268-317 (78.5 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Seviper Poison Jab vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 390-460 (101.5 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(
)

stat difference: -5 hp, +15 attack, +50 defense, +10 spatk, +80 spd, -5 spe

in pu, mawile commonly runs a defensive stealth rock set to take advantage of intimidate and its typing; well, with dusknoir's stats, and an amazing increase of 50 and 80 to its defense and special defense respectively, it can do that with ease, walling most physical attackers. still loses to some special attackers though.

-1 252 Atk Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 114-134 (38.9 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 230-272 (78.4 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 210-248 (71.6 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 174-211 (59.3 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
(
)

stat difference: -5 hp, +15 attack, +50 defense, +10 spatk, +80 spd, -5 spe

in pu, mawile commonly runs a defensive stealth rock set to take advantage of intimidate and its typing; well, with dusknoir's stats, and an amazing increase of 50 and 80 to its defense and special defense respectively, it can do that with ease, walling most physical attackers. still loses to some special attackers though.
Personally I'd use Umbreon instead. +45 HP, -20 Atk, +25 Def, +5 Sp Atk, +75 Sp Def, +15 Spe.
Sadly it loses a lot of Attack so it can't be used offensively, but it gets faster and bulkier for the Stealth Rock,Swords Dance and Baton Pass set.

-1 252 Atk Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 132-156 (33.5 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 266-314 (67.6 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 242-288 (61.5 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 205-244 (52.1 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I liked this format for explaining possible sets, I'll start using it myself.

(Purple)
90/100/70/110/150/80 (600)
Difference: +25 HP, -25 Atk, +10 Def, +15 Sp Atk, +90 Sp Def, -25 Spe
At first you might think "Why the hell would an offensive Pokemon sacrifice 25 attack and speed?" but hear me out on this. Mienshao can utilize Assault Vest very well with these stats. Regenerator and STAB Drain Punch recover health, and it has common utility moves like U-Turn, Knock Off and Fake Out. It becomes a very bulky pivot. You can also use its small special movepool of Focus Blast/Aura Sphere and Grass Knot, since it can take hits from special Water type mons and hit back.

(Purple)
80/110/60/150/130/70 (600)
Difference: +25 HP, +35 Atk, -25 Def, +50 Sp Atk, +35 Sp Def, -45 Spe
Gets more Special Attack and the sweet Analytic boost will trigger more times than before. There's also a negative factor in losing so much speed, but the sheer power makes up for it.

(Purple)
65/65/60/130/95/110 (525)
Difference: -16 HP, -37 Atk, -17 Def, +45 Sp Atk, +20 Sp Def, +25 Spe
Minmax. Minmax some more. You got 130 Sp Atk, 110 speed Nidoking.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 289-341 (89.4 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
(Timid set outspeeds Timid Keldeo)
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 243-289 (100.8 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Timid set speedties with Naive/Hasty Diancie)
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 764-899 (183.2 - 215.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Timid set outspeeds Modest Garchomp)
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 195-230 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- 37.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(enough to wear it down after recovery + Leftovers)
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 177-211 (58.2 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(enough to wear it down after recovery)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill start using it also i guess lol, here are some more good mons i have found

(Pink)
100/100/100/100/100/100 (600)
Difference: +20 HP +48 Atk +50 Def +10 Sp. Atk +50 Sp. Def +11 SpD
Gains massive bulk to help it set up quiver dances and also gains more special attack and speed to sleep powder and hurricane away.

(Green)
79/100/80/110/90/121 (580)
Difference: +9 HP +40 Atk +5 Def +0 Sp. Atk +15 Sp. Def + 31 SpD
Gains a ton of speed to outspeed most mons and set up a quiver dance with increased special defense.

(Blue)
75/125/70/125/70/115 (580)
Difference: -95 HP +35 Atk + 25 Def + 35 Sp. Atk + 25 sp. Def + 55 SpD
Gains ridiculous speed and special attack to use specs water spout with and destroy souls in the process.

/
(White)
Difference: -15 HP +0 Atk -5 Def + 50 SpA + 0 SpD + 40 Spe
Difference: +0 HP +17 Atk +17 Def + 43 SpA +23 SpD +30 Spe
Stats: 85/60/65/135/105/100
Stats: 100/77/77/128/128/90

Like the set by OriolesFan52, this is meant to abuse Water Spout but with a different pokemon which has much better movepool and type , and different capabilities (Why is jellicent white though? Idunno)

Volcarona--> Jellicent gives off a high SpA and Speed boost, Meaning that it can utility specs,scarf or a simple LO set (without Water Spout), it loses a bit of its bulk, but the boosts its get and its movepool is what it needs to turn into a pure beast, Giga Drain? Water Spout? Multiple kinds of coverage? Sure

Meloetta--> Jellicent gives less boosts of SpA and Speed, but actually boosts its bulks nicely too, This could run normal jellicent sets and could run water spout sets too without much trouble

There is a lot of possible suggestions, Ferrothorn/Skarmory --> Klefki, Darmanitan----> Talonflame/Charizard-Mega,

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RED
Diference: +5 HP / -25 Atk / +15 Def / +5 SpA / +55 SpD / +65 Spe
80/80/90/110/130/110
Octillery have an awesome movepoll with Energy Ball,Scald / Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Fire Blast and Sludge Bomb
He can take stats with Accelgor as well with -5 SpA +100 Speed for a Glass Cannon, but I prefer Latias.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Purple

-21 HP, +17 Attack, +2 Def, +18 SpA, +68 SpD, +41 Spe

Gastrodon appreciates the extra Speed and Special Defense to work as a more efficient special wall - the Special Attack boost also increases the power of its STAB move Scald, though these come at the cost of a lower HP stat.

-10 HP, +0 Attack, -5 Def, +75 SpA, +20 SpD, +40 Spe

Delcatty is a terrible Pokemon; poor stats and a plain-bad movepool. But with a massive increase in Special Attack to boost the power of Hyper Voice and its rather random coverage moves, Delcatty becomes an absolute monster. It also hits 350 Speed with a speed-boosting nature and 252 Speed EVs.

252 SpA Life Orb Delcatty Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 645-759 (163.7 - 192.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Delcatty Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 237-281 (79.2 - 93.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Delcatty Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 265-315 (67.2 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)