Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Teclis
Core:

I left the core mostly unchanged expect for making Haxorus jolly so that scarf lando-t and scarf kyub dont outspeed at plus one which is pretty important imo. Rotom-w is on the team to spread burns which make hax's job of setting up much easier on burned physical attackers, 56 speed ev's outpace 0 speed lando-t. Bronzong has been a ferrothorn and jirachi previously but neither fit the team or its needs. Colbur helps you lure in shit like weavile who might wanna stay in and just click knock off but get donked by heavy slam, 32 attack evs guarantee the 2hko on bisharp with eq. Lati is the final mon and completes the dragmag core, it provides a much need keldeo check and defoger. The team is a bit weak to scarf tar but hax lives any hit and can dd on it and rotom burns it so its not to bad.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Bronzong @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

taking this
thanks dad

Zimzy

Core: Kyurem-B+M-Manectric

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

So yeah, really cool core that I found fun to build with. So the core was weak to Ice-types and Dark-types so my first addition was Keldeo. Keldeo+Kyurem-B really made for a fantastic wallbreaking duo that complemented M-Manectric really well due to their ability to take on Bulky ground-types. The team was severely weak to the likes of Fairy-types and Dragon-types, owing to the fact that I didn't have any mons that could outspeed and kill, so I added AV Metagross which is a really important addition to the team due to the fact that it Pursuit-traps the Lati twins for Keldeo, M-Manectric, and Kyurem-B and makes for an important addition to the team's defensive backbone. Landorus-T and Latios were added as my electric, fire, and water resists, respectively. Landorus-T forms a nice VoltTurn Core with M-Manectric go bring in Kyurem-B or Keldeo to just bombard the opponent. Very fun team, enjoy :)

punkysaur

Core: M-Gardevoir+SR Gliscor

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Knock off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

ayy thx man :)
Very standard M-Gardevoir Balance. Keldeo was added because the core struggled against Hoopa and Weavile+Keldeo takes on Scizor really well so that M-Gardevoir is covered. Ferrothorn was added to provide the team with an, albeit, shaky Fairy resist and to provide Spikes support for the team. It also checked some crucial pokemon like M-Diancie, Kyurem-B, and Manaphy as they seemed pretty overwhelmed by them. BandTar+AV Tornadus-T were added to complete the defensive backbone of the team. AV Tornadus-T acts a very nice pivot on the team and lures in Heatran for M-Gardevoir with Superpower. BandTar is there to check the likes of Kyurem-B and Zard-X, and complements the team very well. It's a very underrated set which applies pressure on a lot of fat balance builds. The team is weak to ZardY, ZardX, Clefable (Hence T-Wave+Iron Head Ferrothorn for the latter two to not set up freely), M-Diancie, Thundurus, but they have to potential to be played around. You could go ScarfTar or ScarfKeldeo to remedy some of the problems
ayy thx man

Hey! I really want to try and use CM latios. I took this from the good cores thread, and was wondering if anyone can help me build a team for it:
+

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Credit goes to BlazeLatias for the core.

Hi, I love Trick Room teams, and I post this core here to build the best Trick Room team of all time.
Core:

This core is based on Ampharos Mega, which is a great pokemon in OU, but he is too slow. This lack of speed is compensated by the trick room. Bronzong is one the best TR setter, and make a great core with Ampharos, in fact, it resists to ice, dragon, fairy and ground (thanks levitate), and in return Ampharos takes on fire types( and takes Knock Off thx to mega gem).
Finally, Azumarill is here to bring a real offensive pressure, mostly when the trick room is up: it can beat weavile (without poison jab) and Mold Break Excadrill, (which can destroy the core anyway).
Thanks in advance and have fun building^^

FlashNVictim (Ampharos) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

The same Base Stat SpAttk than Gardevoir Mega, this is a real wall breaker, volt switch is here to conserve the momentum, Hidden power ice is for all those landorus or gliscor that want to come on it, dragon pulse is the best dragon stab, and focus blast is here for the coverage. 0 IV in Spe is here to be better under the TR.​

Merry XMax (Bronzong) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake / Explosion

Bronzong is so cute <3...Hum, Mental Herb is here to avoid the taunter like azelf or others. Stealth rock because is the best move of the game, gyro ball is here to make a lot of damage, and finally earthquake is here to beat some pokemon like heatran and no Mold Break Excadrill. Explosion is another option to keep the momentum. 252 atk and a brave nature to deal a lot of damages.​

Hug a Thug (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Finally azumarill, no EV in speed to enjoy the trick room, full HP full atk. BD Azumarill under TR is my favorite set, it can sweep the entire teams after a boost. Nothing to add, this is a classic set.​

Last edited:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Bramblestein

Core:

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

I left the core mostly unchanged only making Heracross Adamant to break fatter teams a bit better. Garchomp gives rocks and a blanket physical check to mons like sd sciz or bisharp which otherwise threaten the team. Twave, Nasty Plot Thundurus gives the team a way to check speed boosting setup sweepers and a late game wincon as well as a secondary talonflame check should garchomp get burned or get to low. Latias gives the team healing wish support for thundy and hera to have a second wind and a check to keldeo since the team lacks a switch in. Assault Vest Bisharp is a bit weird but it fits the team giving a backup dark resist a way to not lose to Lati@s and knock off support, 96 speed is enough to outrun max speed Azu with the rest in Attack and HP. Watch out for mons like Mega-Mane or other general offense killers.

Hey Guys even though this is my first post, Ive been a long time lurker on the smogon forums, i just forgot i made an account haha. I've been out of playing competitive on and off for a while since 3rd gen, taking a break to finish grad school right before ORAS came out. Seeing as i have a lot more time now iI have been interested in getting back into battling, but am having troubles on building a team I like.
I've always been a fan of dragon/fairy/steel cores, especially since two of my favorite pokemon are Garchomp and Azumarill. I was wondering if i can get a team based on the core of them and ferrothorn? I figure offensive rocker Garchomp with Lum Berry and Cb azumarill form a great core, being able to help each other wear down their respective checks. ferrothorn seemed to fit into this well as its easily able to get off extra hazards and to help deal with problematic bulky waters and grounds which takes pressure off of azumarill.
To be honest and to save a lot of time, I'm not at all attached to any of the sets posted, and Ferrothorn can be replaced for another steel or even another type pokemon all together as DFS isn't really that big a deal for me, I just like the core synergy. overall it'd just be nice to have a core based on Garchomp and Azumarill, and if the team can be offensively based

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower/Knock Off

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Swords Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

I would like to request a team build around Hydreigon and mega Loppuny. Hydreigon and loppuny make a really cool offensive core with Hydreigon breaking trough some of loppuny checks tankchomp, skarm and mew while loppuny taking on offensive threats that give hydreigon trouble such as weavile and Mega Gardevoir

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse/Roost
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Bramblestein

Core:

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

I left the core mostly unchanged only making Heracross Adamant to break fatter teams a bit better. Garchomp gives rocks and a blanket physical check to mons like sd sciz or bisharp which otherwise threaten the team. Twave, Nasty Plot Thundurus gives the team a way to check speed boosting setup sweepers and a late game wincon as well as a secondary talonflame check should garchomp get burned or get to low. Latias gives the team healing wish support for thundy and hera to have a second wind and a check to keldeo since the team lacks a switch in. Assault Vest Bisharp is a bit weird but it fits the team giving a backup dark resist a way to not lose to Lati@s and knock off support, 96 speed is enough to outrun max speed Azu with the rest in Attack and HP. Watch out for mons like Mega-Mane or other general offense killers.
Team looks really solid. I can't wait to try it out, thank you! I agree Adamant Heracross makes more sense. I don't even think Jolly was letting me outspeed anything relevant.

Hello, good evening all. I request a team around the following core.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
248 HP / 136 Def / 96 Sp.Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

I have never played OU metagame after the release of ORAS, actually I stopped playing OU at Gen 5, so I don't have too much experience. I chose this core because I do have little experience with Weavile and Altaria. I tried to build around this and a bulky offense did fit well in some cases (except for weavile cause his defences are paper-like :P). But every time I did it there were some weakness. After some battles I noticed that the major problem were Steel pokes, M-venusaur. Then I tried Talon + Magnezone, but the team struggled against HO, and faster pokes. I got some teams already built, but I wanted one from pro-hands, which I could compare.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

I would like to request a team build around Hydreigon and mega Loppuny. Hydreigon and loppuny make a really cool offensive core with Hydreigon breaking trough some of loppuny checks tankchomp, skarm and mew while loppuny taking on offensive threats that give hydreigon trouble such as weavile and Mega Gardevoir

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse/Roost
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
Mine

Also, OP is now updated

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Machamp @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Dynamic Punch
- Ice Punch

OK so the aim is just to paralyze stuff and click Dynamic Punch I think this core really speaks for itself. I don't mind changing Jirachi's set around. Just spread parafusion. Substitute lets Jirachi potentially get it up after Dynamic Punch. [[:

p2

Banned deucer.
core:
+

requested by: Liquified on page 25 post 602

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Iron Head

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 24 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Explosion

aite, im done. took a couple of times to hit the nail on the head with this team but i think i finally got it. so cb terrak + hoopa is a pretty insane offensive core just crushing pretty much anything defensive, but i tried putting it in with an offensive backbone but really it just struggled against a bunch of stuff so i went with a really basic defensive core to patch up weaknesses to make the core as effective as possible. venutranbro is an old but gold defensive core which just covers an insane amount of stuff. main thing venu covers is stuff like thundy, keldeo, diancie, all those really annoying mons that just barely outspeed terrakion and end up ohkoing it. slowbro helps against keldeo too because scald burns just screw over venu too much, it also checks stuff like grounds and fires and sets up v clef so its solid. ive been thinking about colbur berry because being able to scald bisharp and weavile when the team is kinda weak to them is great. heatran is needed for rocks and is the main steel type on the team, switching into latis, talon, serp and all that. i like spdef on this team because you want to be as bulky as possible for tanking dracos because the team can be pretty overwhelmed by latis and stuff. scarf lando patches up some issues in awful speed control and a lack of a ground immunity.

stuff you can change that wont mess with the build too much:
fast tran > spdef tran - gives you a better matchup v mega scizor and bisharp
lo hoopa w/ sub > cb hoopa - again, a better bisharp matchup
colbur slowbro - helps scald annoying stuff like bisharp, ttar and weavile. can also run twave too but you don't really have a wincon or anything once terrak+hoopa have just broken everything.

enjoy.

jacob

CagedWisdom42

Core:

/(
)
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Force Palm
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind

Mamoswine is a monster, if a team didn't have Rotom-W or Mega Slowbro mamo had a field day. I picked knock off as the 4th move because knock off is an amazing move knocking off rotom and non mega bro. Breloom was added to beat the fat waters that mamo can have issues with adamant fist plate with force palm because paraing stuff while being super fucking strong is epic, loom also makes sand less scary to face since it ohkos tar and drill with ease. TankChomp for rocks and checking a bunch of annoying shit. Latios give you keldeo check that doesnt mind a burn, tbolt over defog since skarm is really annoying and so is azu. Azu completes a nice priority spam core thats going on, 188 speed out runs skarm. Last mon is cm mega zam to give the team a win con, signal beam over shadow ball because fuck hoopa, it also lets you hit tar thats at low hp without risking focus blast. As you may have noticed this team lacks a steel type so in turn it lacks a good lati switch in, but in all my test games that i played a lati it hasnt really been an issue having azu means it cant just click draco and zam can take a single psyshock and force it out. If you find that lati is to much of a threat then metagross is a suitable mega choice over zam.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Hammer Arm

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Machamp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Dynamic Punch
- Ice Punch

OK so the aim is just to paralyze stuff and click Dynamic Punch I think this core really speaks for itself. I don't mind changing Jirachi's set around. Just spread parafusion. Substitute lets Jirachi potentially get it up after Dynamic Punch. [[:
also taking this

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Pretty nice specs spam core here that breaks a lot of stuff. Specs latios hits really hard and thrives with keldeo, weakening steel checks to latios and things like clef that can normally be annoying to keldeo. Specs lati can also trick and take out a keld check pretty easily. Defensively they cover obviously with lati serving as a secondary electric sponge and keldeo taking on the darks that trouble latios. Mostly looking to exploit their offensive synergy though. Feel free to change up the last slot on keld or the lati set w/hp fire/roost/defog or whatever's needed. Thanks!

jacob

yuruuu

Core:

Machamp @ Lum Berry
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 18 Spe
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

I'm going to be honest this core is not very good but haxing people to death is fun so its w/e. I changed the ev spreads for both mons and the moveset on machamp. Machamp has enough speed ev's to outslow skarmory by 2 points (so it cant just roost stall outta dpunches) while out speeding as much as possible i gave it knock off over cc because i dont see the point of having dual fighting stabs, i understand dpunch doesnt have much pp but its not staying alive long enough for it to matter. I gave rachi the subtoxic set with twave over toxic, it has enough speed for positive base 80's and 252 hp gives you 101 hp subs which is nice for subbing on chansey the rest go into attack which allows fire punch to 2hko megasciz and drill. Keldeo helps break stuff and gives you way to beat sab which can wall the other two to death. Megabro lets you handle shit like talonflame which is otherwise a big threat to the team also gives you a nice wincon. Clef gives a backup wincon and a 2nd way to parashit so you can hax them! Helmet lando-t lets you handle sand and what not, also provides rocks which are nice. This team is a bit weak to hazard stack since you have no hazard removal so i recommend not giving skarm or ferro any free switch ins.

Could I request a team for the core of
and

I'm still super new to all this so please feel free to choose your own sets but I would highly appreciate a breakdown of your thought process behind the team and some replays would really help. I'm really trying to get a better feel for not just teambuilding but how to use a team correctly so thanks in advance!

Could I request a team for the core of
and

I'm still super new to all this so please feel free to choose your own sets but I would highly appreciate a breakdown of your thought process behind the team and some replays would really help. I'm really trying to get a better feel for not just teambuilding but how to use a team correctly so thanks in advance!
Bludz built a team with that core on Pg. 22 :]

Bludz built a team with that core on Pg. 22 :]
Sorry for the repost! Thank for the info (new and getting used to the forums)

Edit: Quick question; would the team remain the same if I went with a Bulkier rather than full offensive Scizor? I was kind of hoping for a bulkier s/d scizor but I didnt know if that was ill advised with the pair of Talonflame for some reason

Sorry for the repost! Thank for the info (new and getting used to the forums)

Edit: Quick question; would the team remain the same if I went with a Bulkier rather than full offensive Scizor? I was kind of hoping for a bulkier s/d scizor but I didnt know if that was ill advised with the pair of Talonflame for some reason
nah his team was offense but you can just change the zor set

I'd like to request a team around Zoroark.

I think it's a really fun mon to play with that can make a decent impact if you dont send it out turn 1 and die to u-turn. The set doesnt bother me, just use what works for the team i guess. I understand it isnt exactly the pinnacle of the OU metagame, and dont really care if its more of a fun team. Thanks for any suggestions

Last edited:

jacob

Hello users of the teambuilding workshop, today i would like to request a squadron of absolute power fting the entry hazards; Toxic Spike, Spikes and Stealth Rocks. No webs b/c fuck webs.

As for the spikers and rockers, im fine with w/e but id like the tspiker to be Dragalge. I quite like it and find it to be an interesting mon, being able to do a ton to Clef, MSab and steels like Heatran and Ferro.

yung kindgra (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Enough speed to outspeed hippo and do a ton with draco, max hp and the rest in spA p self explanatory. Like i mentioned above, the spikers and rockers are all up to the builder, but i would like something to phaze mons and rack up spikes + rocks damage and also something like scarftar to keep hazards up. Thanks for reading and i hope esteemed user: AM aka "king OU" likes this post.
taking

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
I'd like to request a team around Zoroark.

I think it's a really fun mon to play with that can make a decent impact if you dont send it out turn 1 and die to u-turn. The set doesnt bother me, just use what works for the team i guess. I understand it isnt exactly the pinnacle of the OU metagame, and dont really care if its more of a fun team. Thanks for any suggestions
I've been waiting for this :)

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hello DANN3 CursePert seem a lot of fun on paper but was kinda hard to build around it tbh, hoever despite of taking the mega slot is a powerful option. As you said a good partner definitely is Talon basically dealing with grass types and Clef if you dont get righ sleep turns, next i added a mon that as you ask "Innovation" here you go, Gourgeist the fatest able to eat up hits from LO Exca, Lopu, Metagross and proceed to burn them, in the last slot is up to you, i like Rock to weaken Talon but Leech is good to recover under weathers. Bulky Exca provide rocks and spin for Talon, it also checks another fairies combined with Talon; forming a nice sinergy. Already have a solid defensive/BO core so the glue of the team is Keldeo, checking dark types and provide immiate offensive pressure. As i dont have speed control add Thundy to not get destroyed by DD ZardX, HP Flying is there to lure MVenu and win with Cursepert late game. Really fuun team and very effective tbh. Enjoy!
Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide / Leech Seed

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Nasty Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)