Other OU CCAT - Team Complete (Revisions and Edits Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fable id mainstream af tho but its far from sucky lol clefable is the rotom w of gen 6 :L theres little to know reason not to use it imo.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, ending the voting a bit early because Clefable obviously won, and I'd like to move on to the next phase.

Now that the team is complete, it is time for the revisions stage - get out there and play with the team!

Bring back replays of the team showing it in action, as well as any threats that stand out to the team and potentially ways we can fix that. As I have said before, what we have is not set in stone, it is only fair to be able to go back and make revisions and changes to the team, I know from my experience that I don't get things right the first time I put together a team and often find myself going back and fine tuning it. If there is enough reasoning or support behind a change to the team, it will be made here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Here is the team with a slight change to Dragalge's set, and with that, enjoy n-n

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough / Superpower

Dragalge @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful / Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough / Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock / Grass Knot
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I mean, it really only sets up on Clefable and maybe forcing out Absol, but only having Lando as our Talon check could be is problematic.

Rotom-W over Slowking would definitely alleviate that problem, any thoughts on that?

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I mean that's great and all but I guarantee you future comments from now are gonna arbitrarily replace mons one after another just to open themselves up to newer threats. Like removing Slowking for Rotom-W for example puts all the pressure of a Keldeo switch in on to Dragalge and that's just asking for a Clefable sweep to come in afterwards because Dragalge gets worn down quickly and from the looks of it that's your real Clefable answer there. Then you need to consider that the team has ways to net hits on this obviously but gets picked off little by little from any Gengar + Conk core because the sets are extremely easy to read, granted it's a foundation so not a huge deal. M-Bro just sucks for the team to because you're relying on a ton of luck in getting in M-Absol safely which is an enormous risk in taking Scald + burn chance + the fact it might already be boosted. You sort of beat this with Clefable if you somehow let a crummy player let Clefable get to like +3 or something or M-Absol to +2 but let's be real that's not happening unless they lost something important or are completely new to the game. The moment Clef + Absol are out of the picture Defensive Chansey wins, which is pretty embarrassing as well so that needs to be taken into account when you have a mon that is prone to be worn down by defensive cores and another that is worn down by offensive ones, M-Absol and Clefable respectively. Little things like Heal Block Klefki, Rock Slide Lando-T (use this, your TFlame check right now is relying on a move known to miss......), Dragon Tail Dragalge to pass around poison affliction to help M-Absol late game sweep, those are things you should think about.

I didn't really follow the thread to much so obviously didn't read any thought process in why people chose things but when I build I picture scenarios in my head that will benefit me and ones that will beat me, when I take into account team changes and team builds. Sort of a given you have to use the team in practice to get an idea as well but giving yourself a harder time against such a common threat is silly. I overlook stuff all the time though so it's not a huge deal but that's my perspective on this team right now you guys should ponder over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)