Other OU CCAT - Team Complete (Revisions and Edits Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The winner of Round 5 is Slowking!

As others have said, the team is lacking a secondary win condition if Absol faints (lets be real as much as I like Mega Absol it's frail as a wet noodle), so a bulkier setup sweeper would fit well.

Anyways, get started with the discussions and nominations for the final team slot n-n

Our team so far:
Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough / Superpower

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power Fire
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful / Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough / Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock / Grass Knot
- Slack Off

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
I find the [almost] lack of OU mons on our team humorous.

Also I agree about Absol's wetnoodleness; we need to add a Pokémon that will really pull this team together.

Is hazard control necessary for this team? I have run stuff like m-diancie and in many games rocks ended up being on my side of the field. Absol's magic bounce should be supported with a defogger/rapid spinner imo. Off of the top of my head, zapdos seems nice but then many physical walls would beat this team.

Nominating Clefable.

Basically Clefable is the only way to go for the final slot. It makes sure that we aren't run over by chip damage, hazards, Mega Manectric, or Mega Sableye after Absol dies. It also acts as a second status absorber and win condition along with Mega Absol, breaking stall and soaking up hits pretty well.

Set:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
252 HP/ 160 Def / 96 S Def
Calm Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Soft-Boiled
-Focus Blast/Psyshock/Flamethrower/Stored Power

Last edited:
Nominating Scarf Victini

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Scarf Victini gives us another counter to M-Meta and can help revenge M-Manectric and M-Lopunny for the team.
It also offers a tremendous level of support for M-Absol, as it can U-Turn and bring it in or alternatively use Final Gambit to weaken a check enough to be killed by a Sucker Punch from M-Absol, and has good synergy with the rest of the team.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Nominating Scarf Victini

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Scarf Victini gives us another counter to M-Meta and can help revenge M-Manectric and M-Lopunny for the team.
It also offers a tremendous level of support for M-Absol, as it can U-Turn and bring it in or alternatively use Final Gambit to weaken a check enough to be killed by a Sucker Punch from M-Absol, and has good synergy with the rest of the team.
I may be wrong, but I'd think Final Gambit would not be too valuable without any HP investment.

Nominating Clefable.

Basically Clefable is the only way to go for the final slot. It makes sure that we aren't run over by chip damage, hazards, Mega Manectric, or Mega Sableye after Absol dies. It also acts as a second status absorber and win condition along with Mega Absol, breaking stall and soaking up hits pretty well.

Set:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
252 HP/ 160 Def / 96 S Def
Careful Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Soft-Boiled
-Focus Blast/Psyshock/Flamethrower/Stored Power
Just 1 thing, i think that the right nature is Calm and not Careful. Anyway, good choice

Nominating BellyDrum Chesnaught

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

BDNaught gives the team a second setup sweeper, a check to Bisharp and Mega Gyarados, and a Spore/Breloom switch-in. I thought this would be a good nom thanks to its ability to set up on any Pursuit Trappers that may take Slowking's soul. Leaves the team weak to Mega Manectric but thankfully that thing is rare and can be played around by Absol's Sucker Punch and something, I suppose. It also means Unaware Clef poops on our lives but Dragalage can handle it with a bit of speed creep. Uh, anyways, yeah this is my nom. :-]

Last edited:
Nominating BellyDrum Chesnaught

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

BDNaught gives the team a second win-con, a check to Bisharp and Mega Gyarados, and a Spore switch-in. I thought this would be a good nom thanks to its ability to set up on any Pursuit Trappers that may take Slowking's soul. Leaves the team weak to Mega Manectric but thankfully that thing is rare and can be played around by Absol's sucker Punch + a hit from Kleki, I suppose. It also means Unaware Clef poops on our lives but Dragalage can handle it with a bit of speed creep. Uh, anyways, yeah this is my nom. :-]
I usually run Overgrow, in order to get the guaranteed KO on the Lati's with Seed Bomb, but its up to you fren. :]
+6 252 Atk Chesnaught Seed Bomb vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 249-293 (78 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 Atk Overgrow Chesnaught Seed Bomb vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 373-439 (116.9 - 137.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I would like to nominate bulky tail glow manaphy. Gives us another solid win con and has good offensive synergy with dragalge. Also shits on stall
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

On a side note here's a replay showcasing belly drum chesnaught. It is a little low ladder because I lost alot of matches testing different sweepers for the team but it does show how unprepared teams are for it.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-208533851

I would like to nominate bulky tail glow manaphy. Gives us another solid win con and has good offensive synergy with dragalge. Also shits on stall
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

On a side note here's a replay showcasing belly drum chesnaught. It is a little low ladder because I lost alot of matches testing different sweepers for the team but it does show how unprepared teams are for it.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-208533851
I think you mean bulky calm mind manaphy? Or did you mess up your set?_?

No you're right I was gonna suggest tail glow but I feel calm mind has more practicality because it boosts her defense as well and the extra power seems unnecessary on this team as we use dual hazards

I'm going to nominate Bisharp

Bisharp @ Black Glasses/Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

On our team, with both Rocks and Spikes, its clear that our hazards are very important for the success of our team. Enter Bisharp who deters and takes advantage of the most common way of getting rid of hazards; Defog. Not only that but Bisharp pursuit traps the most common defoggers in the tier (Lati Twins) and provides a secondary win-con, sometimes by himself and sometimes with the Defiant boost. Bisharp also pairs quite effectively with Mega Absol to make a sort of "Darkspam" duo. Dark is similar to the two other established spammable types of Flying and Dragon in having very little resistances (Fairy, Fighting and Dark), Powerful Abusers and ways to get rid of the resists. On our team we have Bisharp (if we choose it) and Dragalgae to deal with fairy types, Slowking and Lando-T to deal with fighting types (most other mons deal with fighting types pretty well anyway) and most of the team can deal well with dark types. Assault Vest could be used over Black Glasses for better Draco taking if we decide that trapping the Latis is important.

I may be wrong, but I'd think Final Gambit would not be too valuable without any HP investment.
Even without HP investment, it still takes off 341 HP which can KO most mons on HO and does a number on anything, making it worth it as it helps M-Absol KO with Sucker Punch or set up.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, time for voting!

Despite there only being five nominations for this round, I'm going to start the voting, and after the last pokemon is chosen I'll be creating a revisions stage where you can suggest any changes to the team, with good reasoning provided.

Clefable
Victini
Chesnaught
Manaphy
Bisharp

Reminder that there is no voting for your own nominations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)