ORAS The Next Best Thing...: Snorlax - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to Submit my idea for one

(If I knew how to submit the sprite from the game I would)

Masquerain has always been an odd pokemon. It evolves from surskit, a bug/water type, and loses it's unique typing upon evolution to something that is far from original. Masquerain has some tools at it's disposal that it's other bug/flying allies don't have. This set is to have Masquerain be a support pokemon in UnderUsed Doubles.

Peek-A-Boo (Masquerain) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Struggle Bug
- Icy Wind
- Sticky Web
- Stun Spore

Once Masq get's played, Intimidate kicks in and lowers the opponents attack stats. Struggle Bug and Icy Wind hit both opponents, and lower their Special Attack and Speed respectively. Between those 2 moves and Intimidate, Masq can weaken any fast sweeper your opponent plays. Sticky Web lowers the speed of any pokemon your opponent plays, and thus helping your team strike first. Stun Spore is for anything Struggle Bug and Icy Wind can't really lower their stats, like a slow physical hitter such as Conkeldurr or Scizor. Stun Spore can also help against Contrary Malamar, which benefits from Masq's stat lowering moves if it doesn't get KO'd by Struggle Bug.

EV's and Nature are to help Masq become a special sweeper. Speed helps Masq lower stats before your opponent gets a chance to move, and the boost to Masq's Sp. Att. helps Masq pack a little bit of a punch. Focus Sash helps Masq stay around fro an extra turn so you can land a Sticky Web or a Stun Spore after you slow your opponent down with an Icy Wind.

Other Options: U Turn, Choice Scarf, Tailwind, Aqua Jet, Defog, Roost, Air Slash, Blizzard, Quiver Dance, Infestation.
U Turn can get Masq out of a tough spot like if you sense rock slide coming. Choice Scarf can help Masq speed up and get a hit in, but your stuck with that move even if it's not longer as useful. Tailwind can boost your whole teams speed, Aqua jet give a priority move. Defog can get rid of entry hazards. Roost can restore HP and keep Masq in for longer. Air slash is for some STAB, Blizzard is a strong move that can hit both opponents, Quiver Dance helps Masq become a viable special sweeper, and Infestation traps your opponent.

If I jumped the gun I apologize, but I hope this can spark some interest in a Pokemon I think is very underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)