Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i know Mega Latios is a horrible mega but if i were to make a team with it using a set of Draco/psy/eq/filler what would be good team mates for it?
Mega Latios isn't a horrible Mega, but it isn't something you build around either. Essentially, Latiosite is a luxury Mega you only use if you somehow manage to make a team with no Mega and happens to have LO Latios. You chuck on Latiosite instead of LO because it's the superior option in that case; but nine times out of ten you'll find your team would be better with a different Mega.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok so i know Mega Latios is a horrible mega but if i were to make a team with it using a set of Draco/psy/eq/filler what would be good team mates for it?
You act as a normal life Orb EQ Latios with less power but no recoil, so the same teammates for Orb latios still stands, Keldeo has solid sinergy with it, lantherian checks Tar, can set up rocks while also U-turn for momentum or easeing Latios entry in the field.

I believe you transfer your Defog Latias to HGSS, teach it Whirlpool, then transfer it to your ORAS game.
You can't transfer up any Pokémon that knows Whirlpool from HGSS to BW, due to it being an HM there. You have to make the choice of transferring up Whirlpool (trade from HGSS to DPPt) or Defog (trade from DPPt to HGSS).

You can't transfer up any Pokémon that knows Whirlpool from HGSS to BW, due to it being an HM there. You have to make the choice of transferring up Whirlpool (trade from HGSS to DPPt) or Defog (trade from DPPt to HGSS).
If this is a case then Showdown needs to block this combination of moves. I would like some confirmation.

If this is a case then Showdown needs to block this combination of moves. I would like some confirmation.
Mm. Due to me researching moves only obtainable from transfer the past few days because I'm a massive nerd I can confirm it's an impossible combination. This is likely because they were simply programmed in the same way as every other transfer-only move; I'll see if I can get on the programmers about it.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Best momola spread for OU?
EDIT : Andpangos?

Do you mean Pangoro?
You may want to outspeed Jolly BDAzumarill, 44 Rotom-wash before he burns you and defensive Landorus-therian so yeah a normal Jolly max speed should suffice.
Alo's spread tends to change to suit what the team needs, but most of the time Alo in OU is used with a 252 hp 252 def bold spread.

Best momola spread for OU?
EDIT : Andpangos?
If you're talking about Pangoro, then you would only need to outspeed clefable. If you go with jolly and max speed, you lose quite a lot of bulk and power.

I recommend 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe with adamant to outspeed standard magic guard + CM Clefable. You also retain enough bulk and power.

If you're talking about Pangoro, then you would only need to outspeed clefable. If you go with jolly and max speed, you lose quite a lot of bulk and power.

I recommend 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe with adamant to outspeed standard magic guard + CM Clefable. You also retain enough bulk and power.
Is it also possible to invest to outspeed AV azu and sylveon (Base 65) or is it not worth it?
EDIT : also is CB good or should i go for LO/lum SD? Sorry to bother but all the analysis i found were for other tiers :/

Something that has been hard to get the answer for . if a pokemon nullifies your ability lets say with gastro acid and you mega evolve after , does the ability return ( if its the same like mega scizor ) or you get the new ability granted wen you mega evolve. or your ability stays suppressed ?

If someone uses skill swap / gastro acid on your pre mega form, and then you mega evolve, the effects of gastro acid disappear.
For example you have a venusaur with chlorophyll. Opponent uses gastro acid. You mega evolve. Now you have thick fat.

Say I send out a Pokémon that knows Pursuit and can Mega Evolve. I decide to Mega Evolve it and use Pursuit on the same turn as the opponent switches out. Is my Pokémon going to use Pursuit before Mega Evolving, or will it Mega Evolve before Pursuit activates?

Say I send out a Pokémon that knows Pursuit and can Mega Evolve. I decide to Mega Evolve it and use Pursuit on the same turn as the opponent switches out. Is my Pokémon going to use Pursuit before Mega Evolving, or will it Mega Evolve before Pursuit activates?
It will Mega Evolve first. Mega Evolving is the first thing that happens on any given turn no matter what should it be selected.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Feel like trying out the offensive CM Latios, what playstyles does it work with and what are some good partners?
Balanced, Bulky Offense, and Hyper Offense. The usual partners for regular Latios work well with CM but most notably physical set up sweepers such as Charizard-X, M-Gyarados, M-Scizor, and M-Metagross would be a couple of things that has synergy with it from an offensive standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)